View Poll Results: If the next playset in MOTUC were one or the other, which would you chose?

Voters
253. You may not vote on this poll
  • Crystal Castle

52 20.55%
  • Snake Mountain

201 79.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crystal Castle vs Snake Mountain?

Crystal Castle vs Snake Mountain?

I've been watching She-Ra recently, and it occurs to me that the Crystal Castle was never done properly. IE To filmation standards, much like Snake mountain didnt look like it did in the toon.

With the success of Grayskull, and the filmation rights now owned by Mattel, if another playset gets made it's most likely going to be either snake mountain or the Crystal Castle. Which would you prefer?

I know there are plenty of other playsets we want *cough*Eternia*cough* but I just think it is more likely that either She-Ra or Skeletor would be next. So which would you want?
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

I'd buy either no worries but Snake Mountain is what i really want ~ more than Castle Grayskull.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I voted for the Crystal Castle (Filmation version, please). Why? Because Castle Grayskull is the centerpiece (the most iconic and essential playset) of the Eternia display (you can place both the Heroic and the Evil warriors around it), while the Crystal Castle is the analogous iconic centerpiece of the Etheria display. So, in a fair and unbiased world, if only two playsets were ever released in MotUC, those should definitely be Castle Grayskull and the Crystal Castle.

Snake Mountain, for its part, is for the Evil Warriors what the Eternos Palace is for the Heroic ones, or what the Fright Zone is for the Horde and Whispering Woods for the Great Rebellion, even though Snake Mountain is admittedly the most iconic and requested of all these. In any case, even though I see all these others as essential playsets (i.e., MotUC would be painfully incomplete without them), I place them in a second tier with respect to the main Eternian and Etherian centerpieces.

But we all know if a second playset is ever released it will be Snake Mountain without the slightest doubt. If fact, I wouldn't be surprised if Matty prioritized the Three Towers or even the Slime Pit before the Crystal Castle.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; February 22, 2013 at 09:26pm. Reason: Typo
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Easily Snake Mountain for me.

... HANDS DOWN easy choice for me. I would immediately choose a Filmation/MYP Snake Mountain MOTUC playset.

Snappy Threader
    Snake Mountain for me. SM was the first MOTU playset I had as a youth, and in my opinion, more iconic than the Crystal Castle. Though after SNake Mountain, I would vote the Crystal Castle next.....then the Fright Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Snake Mountain for me. SM was the first MOTU playset I had as a youth, and in my opinion, more iconic than the Crystal Castle. Though after SNake Mountain, I would vote the Crystal Castle next.....then the Fright Zone.
    ya i thought it might turn out like this. If they did a fright zone though, would you want it to be more like the filmation fright zone, or just a re-make of the old one? The 80's fright zone to me was sorta lame. Snake puppet, a jail, a trap in the floor and a grabby tree .... that's it .... and it's 3 huge chunks ..... I wouldnt mind if it was totally re-done and looked little to nothing like the original as long as it had some references to the old stuff.
    Religion = The Horde

While I'd love both, SM wins my vote.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Snake Mountain obviously...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I want BOTH...
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Easiest choice ever, Snake Mountain for the win!

Snake Mountain, no doubt about it.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I want BOTH...
    we all do ... that's why there is no both option ... to get fence sitters like you to decide! :P
    Religion = The Horde

I Want both...

But I voted for the Crystal Castle.

They could probably go crazy and give us something edgy and mystical... instead of the pink palace that we got in the 80s.

This is Scott's line though... we will never get a Crystal Castle. I'll be lucky to get Sweet Bee...
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I want both, but I put in a vote for Crystal Castle. With either, I'd like to see if they could find a way to combine the designs of the playset and the toon.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

I also want both (and Fright Zone of course) but I voted for the Crystal Castle. I love the vintage Snake Mountain we already have but I want a Filmation Crystal Castle finally, not a Barbie dream house. It doesn't even have to be a playset, just have the bottom jewel open or be removable with Light Hope visible inside (sculpted or preferably electronic).
    Last edited by Swifty; April 28, 2013 at 12:42am.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

IF I have to choose only 1 then I choose Snake Mountain next.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    The Fright Zone was also way off in relation to the Filmation Cartoon. Grayskull was the only playset that at all resembled what they had on filmation, so I think Hordak's house should als be included in this poll!!!!!!

Filmation/MYP Snake Mountain would be very cool.
    Filmation Fright zone and Whispering Woods would be awesome too.

Crystal Castle was in the intro for every She-Ra episode, but was hardly much in the series from what I recently saw/remember.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    if it is snake mountain its should look like the the filmation one
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Snake Mountain.

I would buy a Crystal Castle, but for The Great Rebellion, I think I would prefer a Whispering Woods diorama or playset. Similarly, a Filmation accurate Fright Zone would be preferred for The Evil Horde instead of the bizarre swamp like playset that was released as part of the vintage line and didn't represent the mechanical fortress from PoP.

I voted Crystal Castle. But I'm a big fan of the toy, and NOT how it appeared in the cartoon. In fact, I feel this way about both of these playsets. The classics were cooler than their Filmation counterparts, and if we got new toys of either of them, I'd want them to be based on the ol' toys.

I'd buy both, but I'd like the next palyset could be Snake Mountain !

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I voted Crystal Castle. But I'm a big fan of the toy, and NOT how it appeared in the cartoon. In fact, I feel this way about both of these playsets. The classics were cooler than their Filmation counterparts, and if we got new toys of either of them, I'd want them to be based on the ol' toys.
    wow, really? maybe because I display mine as a collector now I never thought of that. To me the old playsets werent that great because htey focused around a microphone, and an elevator..... but I love that someone here liked the vintage stuff that much. I wasnt expecting a response like that at all.

I think this poll also kinda shows the balance of MOTU/POP fans. Cuz we all love She-Ra, she has her place in our hearts, but over all it's a 70/30 split ..... the love for MOTU is far greater than for POP. It's not 50/50 that's for sure.
    Religion = The Horde

I Want both!