Thread: Choices for the characters who 'know' the secret?

Court Magician

Choices for the characters who 'know' the secret?

I was always befuddled as to why Madame Razz in She-Ra, and Orko in MOTU were entrusted with the secret of She-Ra and He-Man's true identities when both are proved to be ditzy and unreliable throughout the series? Why can Kowl know and Bow not? Why can Orko know and Teela not?
    Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor....come in you royal BOOB!

Snappy Threader
    Orko and Madame Razz were ditzy and unreliable to hide their true missions I would think. Kowl knows probably in the same way Loo-Kee knows, he is small and can easily hide and be all over the place and see a lot of stuff. Bow seems to be more blinded by his interest in Adora and She-Ra...and with Teela, it could compromise her duties if she knew. Just my thoughts.....

THough it does seem odd that when He-Man and/or She-Ra is around Adam and/or Adora are not. One would think people would start to become curious about that and the excuses like "Oh I just fell asleep under the tree" all the while a major battle is taking place.

Court Magician
    Surely Teela is capable of keeping a secret??

Well, I don't think you can apply logic to these choices. The producers clearly wanted to give the leads funny sidekicks with attributes children could relate to. Otherwise, there's no good reason to tell Orko this information because, at least in the Filmation show, he did seem too immature to handle such an important secret.

Razz, on the other hand is, I feel the Man-At-Arms to Adora - the adult best able to help her through her mission. Kowl likely stumbled upon the secret and Light Hope just knows everything...

But I really wouldn't say Kowl is as childish as Orko, by a LONG shot!

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Any guy with a heart on his chest plate, can NOT be trusted with any secret.
    ..same for girls with brass arm bands.

Although I think there is no reason at all for there to be secrets, no reason at all.

I would think that Eternia has gone through enough problematic times that secret keeping would be the most unexceptable and unlawful thing for anyone to do.
    ..Skeletor doesnt keep his interest in ruling the planet a secret..why would He-Man and She-Ra?

Court Magician
    I guess the idea, similar to Superman, is that if evil people know who he-man is, they'll target those he loves

I suppose Adam/Adora just think of a good excuse while casually walking back to rejoin their family/group. It's just fortunate that people on Eternia and Etheria are just that gullible. Perhaps too gullible as Evil-Lyn did fool some citizens in to attacking the Royal Palace in one episode.

It's a shame that neither Filmation nor MYP had Teela find out Adam's secret. She would be shocked at first and eventually feel bad about all the times she gave Adam a hard time. Wouldn't expect Sea Hawk to be shocked too much for She-ra/Adora.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Kahn View Post
    I was always befuddled as to why Madame Razz in She-Ra, and Orko in MOTU were entrusted with the secret of She-Ra and He-Man's true identities when both are proved to be ditzy and unreliable throughout the series?
    Ouch! lol

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Orko and Madame Razz were ditzy and unreliable to hide their true missions I would think.
    Well I don't think it's fair to say Madame Razz was "ditzy and unreliable". Ditzy, yes, but she had magical powers that constantly helped the Rebels. Okay, so many times she messed up her spells, but they nearly always worked anyway however they were cast. Razz also showed us she could be shrewd and calculating, and she shared her wisdom with Adora many a time.

I will admit I can't say the same for Orko because I'm not as familiar with his character history. In my viewing though they aren't "acting" in such ways to hide anything, it's just how they are IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Razz, on the other hand is, I feel the Man-At-Arms to Adora - the adult best able to help her through her mission.
    Exactly. And now that you point that out, it's kind of funny to picture Duncan and Razz having a one-on-one conversation, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    But I really wouldn't say Kowl is as childish as Orko, by a LONG shot!
    I agree! Kowl acts very mature, like a great uncle, as opposed to Orko's immaturity.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    It's a shame that neither Filmation nor MYP had Teela find out Adam's secret. She would be shocked at first and eventually feel bad about all the times she gave Adam a hard time.
    I hope so! I think that's the thing that bugs me most about Filmation MOTU---how Teela always busts Adam's chops for being unreliable, irresponsible, and lazy, and I'm always going, "Arrrrgh, if you only knewww!" lol
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"