Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: show Prince adam and cringer some RESPECT Mattel

show Prince adam and cringer some RESPECT Mattel

i mean really we can't have them in ONE package together ??? I mean how about rerelease them in a box together or do a filmation version
    thoughts?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

We have both already....why would we need a rerelease? My cringer is standing next to Prince Adam as we speak.

I thikn he speaks for those who like the MOC collection. I have my loose and MOC joy and I get the point. Adam is a creepy waiting to be buried corpse in the Bottom of Orko who really should have been the bonus figure and cringer is asleep at Marelnas feet. It would be nice to have them packaged together. Kind of Battle cat boxed style with Adam sitting under a picture of a tree and cringer beside him. But Matty won't do it I figure. Even though they could make money on things they already have molded and ready to go. Otherwise by now there would be all 3 or worse all 6 faces of Man E Faces, Kronos with Trap jaw bits under his feet, Possibly a Keldor with half messed up face, and so on.
    I do agree though. Adam and his faithful companion do deserve packaging of their own.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

As a mint on card collector I was rather bummed that Prince Adam was left as an accessory and hasn't got his own box. In my ideal world Cringer would have been with Orko and Adam and Marlena would have had their own package and all of them at the proper package scale. The larger cards don't fit on my display right. Having said that I also would have liked them to find a way to fit Ram Man into a standard box but seeing as I won't be getting mine until later today or tomorrow I can't really judge that until then when I can see the supposedly massive size of the fig.
    Kittens are delicious!

I would like a correctly scaled Cringer with increased articulation, and an Adam with the omitted sword holder on his back to match Adora's.

It probably won't happen though.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I can understand how these figures, particularly Adam, are frustrating for MOC collectors. I always thought making him the "accessory" was kind of lame. It was funny conceptually, but in execution it's just off putting for anyone who wants to keep these in the package.

But at the same time, I'm not sure how much demand there would be for a new release. The only people who would really benefit would be MOC collectors and those who don't already have these figures. The way they were packaged really doesn't mean much for loose collectors, so they would have no reason to rebuy if they already have the figures. Mattel isn't doing reissues anymore because for it to be worth it they need to produce at least a certain number of figures for it to be cost efficient, and whatever that minimum is apparently tends to exceed the actual demand for most re-releases.

I'm also not really sure what they could do for a "Filmation" version of these figures since these pretty much already are the Filmation versions. Despite his somewhat small size, Cringer looks like he stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon, and Adam is pretty close. While his face sculpt may not be 100% identical to the 'toon, and he has some more details than the cartoon version, I can't say that there would be enough of a difference to make it worth while.

Honestly I'd rather get a 200X inspired version of Adam in which he actually looks different from He-man than get something that would be almost a complete rehash of the figure that we already have.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

They should have had the option at SDCC for a third regular release, where Adam was the figure, and Orko was the accessory, and that as an alternative packout, they did it with Vykron, and sort of with Marlena.

Adam should have had the sword holder, it's really stupid it got omitted or ignored, after all, the 4H did put it on the figure.

Cringer should have been bigger, a lot of the MOTUC figure wise are in scale....it's stupid Cringer was so damn small.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm happy with the one's I have so wouldn't buy any re-releases.

I highly doubt there would be a re-release at this point. The two packs and large scale figures aside for obvious reasons, I really think that Mattel whiffed on the decissions made for any "common" figure in the larger package (i.e.-Orko/Adam, Marlena/Cringer, and now Ram Man - which I know may have a proper excuse but still kills my OCD to have the bigger package )
    Kittens are delicious!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I collect both MOC and loose so as a MOC collector I also wished Mattel had given Adam a better fate than being in the bottom of Orko's package. That's not a decision I would have made. I made my own custom with Prince Adam MOC but I'd still rather have one from Mattel. Still this probably won't happen because it will take a figure slot away. Of course if that slot were the right one I wouldn't mind too much. In the meantime I love my display as long as I can get Ram Man to look like he fits in with the other MOC's. Ram Man seemed to just fit inside the standard bubble but I don't think there would have been enough room to place the figure in the plastic tray they come in. That would have had to have been left out I think.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Jeremy; February 20, 2013 at 12:45pm.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Heroic Podcaster
    I am seriously considering having a very talented customizer make me a MOC Adam from an opened Orko/Adam 2-pack. Just have to decide if I want to buy another MOC Orko/Adam or just open mine.

Mattel should sell some Adam's MOC by himself just to see how many they might sell since it would be zero new parts. Probably still too risky and too small for a poll/pre-order.

Ah well.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

With Dcuc sub line Green Lantern Clasics they did packaging variants for figures who shared a body but had different heads (maybe some apendages) where both figures had their own carded version. You still got the off packed head etc in the packaging though.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have the Adam, but Cringer is still my most requested figure. We need an in scale, articulated, adult Cringer for this line. The little hunk of plastic they gave us is a piece of crap. It should be a monthly release, just like a standard figure.

For starters they COULD do a more Filmation Accurate Adam (Pale skin like Adora's, Pink Vest, having a new bio card, packing him with Cringer)
    they could do some extra stuff Like: New Right Bracer to accommodate the new NA He-Man hand, the Filmation Power Sword. (or a one tone Silver Power Sword if Logistics)
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

I have to say I have absolutely no sympathy for mint on card collectors. Choose mint which implies in package which implies that in package is inherently worth something as prodced, which you have. Or open it and make them great displays arranged any way you want. One of the reasons I open mine is to have them all posed out how I want.

That being said, yeah, I feel like there should be a Prince Adam with Cringer package, just because they were both SDCC items with something else, which was awesome, but I guess a few people missed out. And it would sell, Im sure.

But of course being sdcc it was supposed to be special so I can see why they probably (for the forseeable future) not make them availible again.

Here is the more important question. Would you want them to (waste) use the next sdcc spot to reissue a Prince Adam Cringer package, rather than new content? Me, I'd rather have new stuff, as I got it all before.

That being said, if you just want Prince Adam & Cringer, I have to imagine you can get both on the secondary market. Anything I have missed I have easily been able to find elsewhere, so you only miss out on something if you dont want to pay what it's worth to buy it. It is availible.

So yeah, good idea. No probably not going to happen, but yes, you can absolutly still buy them on ebay or something, I am certain.

The kind of respect I was hoping for was for Prince Adam to be able to stand. I had 2 and they both can't stand. I had to slap Vykron boots onto him just so he can stand up. I would be in favor of whatever way Mattel wishes to rerelease Prince Adam so that they would give us the figure with tight ankles.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

at this point in the line, I am not for wasting any budget on figures that have been done all ready, its not nice but thats just the facts, make a figure no one has or make a figure that a lot or most people have.

its a clear choice to me.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    We have both already....why would we need a rerelease? My cringer is standing next to Prince Adam as we speak.
    Prince Adam is fine... But we DO need a larger proper Cringer figure... He was far too important a character to be thrown in the line as a simple accessory. With everything being released they really need to show Cringer and his fans some respect and give him the full treatment.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    With Dcuc sub line Green Lantern Clasics they did packaging variants for figures who shared a body but had different heads (maybe some apendages) where both figures had their own carded version. You still got the off packed head etc in the packaging though.
    This exactly what they should have done much like Vykron and Marlena, but at this point he becomes part of the "no more reissues" stance. There just won't be enough demand to produce this version, and this coming from a MOC collector.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I have the Adam, but Cringer is still my most requested figure. We need an in scale, articulated, adult Cringer for this line. The little hunk of plastic they gave us is a piece of crap. It should be a monthly release, just like a standard figure.
    I have my doubts they will ever revisit Cringer as there are so many unmade characters that will take precedence, plus a 100% tool'd cat doesn't seem very likely.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I have to say I have absolutely no sympathy for mint on card collectors. Choose mint which implies in package which implies that in package is inherently worth something as prodced, which you have. Or open it and make them great displays arranged any way you want. One of the reasons I open mine is to have them all posed out how I want.

That being said, yeah, I feel like there should be a Prince Adam with Cringer package, just because they were both SDCC items with something else, which was awesome, but I guess a few people missed out. And it would sell, Im sure.
    I didn't know MOC collectors were looking for sympathy? It's simply a way to collect and yes that is how I collect 90% of the lines I collect. While I do collect MOTUC MOC I also own well over 100 figures loose- and it's simply because of the great interchangability of the line.

And Orko(with hidden Adam) is pretty easily obtainable and I see absolutely no reason to go back into production on a figure that will easily never have the demand needed to sell the numbers needed to justify production or the new card production. Is a single carded Adam going to outsell a re-release of Fisto? Teela? Whiplash? Sorceress? Scareglow? I think it's highly unlikely and we won't be seeing any of those.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    They should have had the option at SDCC for a third regular release, where Adam was the figure, and Orko was the accessory, and that as an alternative packout, they did it with Vykron, and sort of with Marlena.
    I don't even think it would have needed to be a 3rd release. One of the two existing versions should have been packed out like that. That's actually what I thought they were going to do when the pack was first announced, only to discover that they didn't.

They easily could have had one version or the other showcase Adam as the main figure. It really wouldn't matter which one, and arguments for both can be made..... They could have had Adam as the main figure for the SDCC packout with Orko as the accessory,making the more desirable MOC version the SDCC one, and with the odd color of Orko not being the main feature, with the Matty version with the normal colored Orko making him the main figure. Or they could have done the oppsite, making the more 'normal' looking packout with Adam as the main figure the easier one to obtain on Matty, and with the SDCC one featuring the color changing Orko as the main figure since he was the unique variant.

Either way would have given MOC collectors the option to get both and have these characters featured prominently in their displays.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    The kind of respect I was hoping for was for Prince Adam to be able to stand. I had 2 and they both can't stand. I had to slap Vykron boots onto him just so he can stand up. I would be in favor of whatever way Mattel wishes to rerelease Prince Adam so that they would give us the figure with tight ankles.
    It sounds like you had a case of bad luck there. I'm not trying to pick on you here, so please don't take it that way, but people often inaccurately assume because their particular version(s) of a particular figure have loose ankles that it is a problem that specifically effects most of not all copies of that figure (and vice versa... if someone gets one with really tight joints, they figure they all must be like that). In reality it's a hit and miss kind of thing. You just had the misfortune of getting two Adams with this issue. I opened two TRU Superman/He-Man two packs... one set had a He-Man with VERY tight joints, the other was loose as all hell and can't stand with a crap (he's up there as being amongt the worst figures that I have in that regard). My TRU DC/MOTU 2-pack version of Stratos is extremely loose as well, probably worse than that He-Man figure.... I only have one of that particular version, but my regular MOTUC Stratos is fine, and they are the same figure using the same molds... the only difference is their coloring.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Oh ho...somebody with a strong opinion. I'd like to hear more.

I personally consider my figs to be almost like individual pieces of art. And I'm certainly not going to go out and buy a Monet, cut it out of the canvas frame, and staple it to my wall. I personally don't have a problem with anyone that chooses to open their figures but I also reserve the right to find you a bit on the unrefined side.
    Kittens are delicious!

Snappy Threader
    I figure we will see them again, with a more articulated Cringer and a bio for Prince Adam.....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Oh ho...somebody with a strong opinion. I'd like to hear more.

I personally consider my figs to be almost like individual pieces of art. And I'm certainly not going to go out and buy a Monet, cut it out of the canvas frame, and staple it to my wall. I personally don't have a problem with anyone that chooses to open their figures but I also reserve the right to find you a bit on the unrefined side.
    Well said!
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    It sounds like you had a case of bad luck there. I'm not trying to pick on you here, so please don't take it that way, but people often inaccurately assume because their particular version(s) of a particular figure have loose ankles that it is a problem that specifically effects most of not all copies of that figure (and vice versa... if someone gets one with really tight joints, they figure they all must be like that). In reality it's a hit and miss kind of thing. You just had the misfortune of getting two Adams with this issue. I opened two TRU Superman/He-Man two packs... one set had a He-Man with VERY tight joints, the other was loose as all hell and can't stand with a crap (he's up there as being amongt the worst figures that I have in that regard). My TRU DC/MOTU 2-pack version of Stratos is extremely loose as well, probably worse than that He-Man figure.... I only have one of that particular version, but my regular MOTUC Stratos is fine, and they are the same figure using the same molds... the only difference is their coloring.
    So which is it? Am I assuming that Prince Adam was crap because mine had loose ankles or are you assuming that Prince Adam was great because yours turned out well? Could go both ways.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Court Magician
    I think Cringer is fine the way he is. I would like a new Adam. Give him a new vest with sheath on the back. Vykron forearms with new hinged gloved hands to hold his sword aloft. A removable 200x belt with scepter. Give him a 200x inspired head, as well as a head with a more Fimation hair style. I know most people who want a 200x Adam want the skinny teenage version. But they already made his gauntlets and they were made for the larger standard arms. So it's obvious that that's the route they would be taking if the made this version. I'm fine with that as I like this look for Adam. And with swappable heads, and removable vest and belt, people could mix and match to create the ultimate Prince Adam. It won't please everybody because the Adam we already got wont have the new wrists. But if we get a single carded Adam, this is the way I see it going.