Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: show Prince adam and cringer some RESPECT Mattel

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchybabysc View Post
    i mean really we can't have them in ONE package together ??? I mean how about rerelease them in a box together or do a filmation version. thoughts?
    My opinion? It ain't going to happen.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I want to see a full sized Cringer. Spirit too for that matter. They're too important to the mythos not to be included in the line.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    I'm good with the cringer we have. Spirit could be done to my satisfaction with a set of white plugs for the wing holes.

I already like what we have. All my figures are loose so I have them together. If they came together I wouldn't be buying it. If they redo cringer though, I'd totally buy him.

I have zero issues with the Cringer as he is and I think he's the proper size. I can see the appeal but I personally find him to be just fine as an accessory and less of a figure. I would much rather prefer they spend tooling money on Modulok or Kowl.
    Kittens are delicious!

Fully agree that Prince Adam should have been packaged as a standard Classics figure as he's just as relevant as any other character. I remember being slightly irritated when I received him with Orko as he almost seemed like a halfhearted afterthought that was thrown into the box at the last minute. He deserves greater emphasis than that.

Speaking as a MOC collector it would have been much cooler to have him displayed on my shelf the way my other unopened figures are. However at this stage it seems like an indulgence we can't afford when we still have so many other characters that are owed a release of any kind. Plus I very much doubt there is enough demand to go back into production just for the sake of the packaging.

Either way that ship has sailed and I'm over it. Just saying I would have done it differently.

I don't see anything wrong with the Cringer we received with Marlena though. It serves its purpose in my opinion.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    So which is it? Am I assuming that Prince Adam was crap because mine had loose ankles or are you assuming that Prince Adam was great because yours turned out well? Could go both ways.
    What I'm saying is that he's probably just average, aka par for the course. He's not exclusively or predominantly one or the other.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    Well said!
    Agreed. Each to their own - we're not slamming you for choosing to open. Personally I'm a MOC collector, what are you going to do about it?

Back to the case in point - it might just be my imagination but wasn't there talk around the Orko/Adam release that said we 'would' see a proper Prince Adam at some point?
    Makes sense as ideally he needs a bio.
    Matt
    Freelance live music photographer - check out my website:
    http://www.mattfsphotography.com.dpg.cc/

Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/mattfsMSN

At this point, it feels like a waste of resources to re-do these two. For my dollar, anyway.

There wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of doing this re-release. But, I agree that they should have been packaged together in the first place.

I dont get MOC collectors. What is the point? You might as well just own the packaging. It looks like a shop.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I dont get MOC collectors. What is the point? You might as well just own the packaging. It looks like a shop.
    What? Why would I only want the packaging? It's all about looking at the figure, I'm not 10 years old and having fantastic battles anymore. I'm simply enjoying 3D interpretations of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    I guess some of us outgrow the desire to physically handle our toys at an earlier age than others. For me it was around the age of 12 when I started having more of an iterest in girls. Making He-Man and Teela kiss got old really quick and I decided it would be more fun to try and get girls to kiss me instead.

Fast forward 22 years, as I previously stated I now get more enjoyment out of them being displayed in their package and treat mine like art work. Although I do sometimes splurge and buy a second fig so that I can display it out of package and let my daughter and nephews play with them (which helps keep those demons at bay that tell them to go into Uncle Ken's toy closet and tear everything apart).
    Kittens are delicious!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I guess some of us outgrow the desire to physically handle our toys at an earlier age than others. For me it was around the age of 12 when I started having more of an iterest in girls. Making He-Man and Teela kiss got old really quick and I decided it would be more fun to try and get girls to kiss me instead.
    It's always amusing to see adult toy collectors try to make the OTHER adult toy collectors sound like the immature ones.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    It's always amusing to see adult toy collectors try to make the OTHER adult toy collectors sound like the immature ones.
    I was merely pointing out my opinions on a statement made that I personally feel like I could give some bearing on. Everything I said was fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic....

I got my Ram Man today. I can see it was going to be difficult to fit him in a standard size package but I'm not entirely convinced they couldn't have made that happen. I think it was more of a justification to get us to spend more on him, which I don't have a problem doing, I just really wish he were in the smaller matching packaging.
    Kittens are delicious!

It figures...Adam's just too lazy and unreliable to show up in his own packaging so he ran away from trouble and took a nap in Orko's box!

I keep all my figures loose, so a carded re-issue of Prince Adam and Cringer isn't a priority for me. However, if they tweaked Adam to be able to hold the sword in the back and have the extra articulated NA hands, along with a slightly larger and articulated Cringer, then I'd be more interested. The way things are right now, though, I'd rather see new figures and hold off any Prince Adam 2.0 possibilities until 2015 or beyond. The only thing I'd like to see right now is Adam's bio, it just doesn't feel right that even Tooth Decay Skeletor get his own story!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I'm happy with the one's I have so wouldn't buy any re-releases.
    Agree. It would be nice be able to have a place on Adams back to hold the sword. But I would rather not pay $35 for these figures again.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    We need an in scale, articulated, adult Cringer for this line. The little hunk of plastic they gave us is a piece of crap. It should be a monthly release, just like a standard figure.
    I couldn't agree more!
    Kuduk Ungol for MOTUC. All steeds for MOTUC. Fully-articulated Cringer for MOTUC. Point Dread and Talon Fighter for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I was merely pointing out my opinions on a statement made that I personally feel like I could give some bearing on. Everything I said was fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Back on topic....
    I got my Ram Man today. I can see it was going to be difficult to fit him in a standard size package but I'm not entirely convinced they couldn't have made that happen. I think it was more of a justification to get us to spend more on him, which I don't have a problem doing, I just really wish he were in the smaller matching packaging.
    I actually made a last minute decision to pass on Ram man based on his over sized packaging.I'm sure I'll regret it later but as an MOC collector I would have to buy him his own shelf so he displayed properly and didn't quite have the space.OCD...

We already have both in the MOTUC's line. To release them as a two pack takes a development slot away from another character we don't aready have.

I'd like to see blue tuniced Adam

page02_full.jpg
    Looking to buy or trade sealed M.U.S.C.L.E. 4-Packs. I can PM you pictures if you'd like to trade.

There's a girl in the garden.
    What?
    In the garden, there is a girl!

If it was a different variant of Adam, like the Adam in the blue then I'd buy him. Just a straight redo in a different packaging no. Unless he came with something new that I wanted, then I'd buy him, open it, take the extra accessory, then sell/trade him.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a filmation pink vest Adam... but no interest in taht version of Cringer.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    For starters they COULD do a more Filmation Accurate Adam (Pale skin like Adora's, Pink Vest, having a new bio card, packing him with Cringer)
    they could do some extra stuff Like: New Right Bracer to accommodate the new NA He-Man hand, the Filmation Power Sword. (or a one tone Silver Power Sword if Logistics)
    This would be ok, but I'd prefer a vintage comic-accurate Adam over this (see the thumbnail linked below)

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    There wouldn't be enough demand to justify the cost of doing this re-release. But, I agree that they should have been packaged together in the first place.
    Ditto. I doubt we'd get these 2 again, but if we do, it could fill a 3-pack slot as a new Cringer would be larger and require better articulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipster View Post
    Agree. It would be nice be able to have a place on Adams back to hold the sword. But I would rather not pay $35 for these figures again.
    Still miffed why they left the little strap on the back of Adam's tunic off of the final figure. I also wish Adam would have come with a duplicate of He-Man's sword instead of the magenta/burgundy one he came with.

Quote Originally Posted by mollusc herald View Post
    I'd like to see blue tuniced Adam

page02_full.jpg
    ^^THIS^^ You don't even have to resculpt anything! (maybe a comic accurate head with longer hair that we could also swap on to a He-Man figure to make Oo-Lar).

My hope for this... a 2-pack of Adam and Cringer (taking up the 3-pack slot for the year) with Adam in the blue tunic'd comic deco and a new Cringer with better articulation (head MUST be able to turn to the side).
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Mini comics PRINCE ADAM in blue with no leggings is waaaay at the top of my want list. It would be so easy to do!

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for this:

MOP.jpg
    Heroic Stone Mason of Castle Grayskull!