Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 66 of 66

Thread: show Prince adam and cringer some RESPECT Mattel

  1. #51
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Oh ho...somebody with a strong opinion. I'd like to hear more.

    I personally consider my figs to be almost like individual pieces of art. And I'm certainly not going to go out and buy a Monet, cut it out of the canvas frame, and staple it to my wall. I personally don't have a problem with anyone that chooses to open their figures but I also reserve the right to find you a bit on the unrefined side.
    As a loose collector, to me keeping these figures in a box is like having a Monet but leaving it wrapped in bubble wrap with only a part of it visible. Seems a waste of the art.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I guess some of us outgrow the desire to physically handle our toys at an earlier age than others. For me it was around the age of 12 when I started having more of an iterest in girls. Making He-Man and Teela kiss got old really quick and I decided it would be more fun to try and get girls to kiss me instead.

    Fast forward 22 years, as I previously stated I now get more enjoyment out of them being displayed in their package and treat mine like art work. Although I do sometimes splurge and buy a second fig so that I can display it out of package and let my daughter and nephews play with them (which helps keep those demons at bay that tell them to go into Uncle Ken's toy closet and tear everything apart).
    I don't think most people who open their toys sit there having them kiss, or that it means they don't have other interests in girls or other hobbies.

  2. #52
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,290
    Guys lets keep this on topic please and respect each others opinions and choice to keep MOC or not

    Thanks
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    As a loose collector, to me keeping these figures in a box is like having a Monet but leaving it wrapped in bubble wrap with only a part of it visible. Seems a waste of the art.
    You see bubble wrap, I see a fine hand crafted frame.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I don't think most people who open their toys sit there having them kiss, or that it means they don't have other interests in girls or other hobbies.
    I don't either. It was meant to be a joke.
    Kittens are delicious!

  4. #54
    HeroicUniter PrinceAdam101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    2,930
    Prince Adam, along with Cringer, is my favorite character in the whole story.

    While I would LOVE to have new versions of Adam (mini-comics blue vest, Filmation variant, etc), I still have a long list of figures I want while the line is hot. I'm hopeful we can get to minor re-tool/re-deco figures when the line winds down.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

  5. #55
    Heroic Warrior DO4M's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    4,110
    This doesn't HAVE to be a subscription item or SDCC Thing.
    It appeals to the MOC folk, cause It's Prince Adam on his own Card (While I'd love a full sized, fully Articulated Cringer... that ain't gonna happen cause Logistics) Tossing Cringer with him would make him more special. Maybe make a scaredy pose Cringer "statue"(as seen in the transformation sequence) to make the Marlena Cringer kinda useful as well and maybe become somewhat desirable to folks that already own an Adam and a Cringer
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

  6. #56
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    179
    FOR MOC displays i would like to see orko , adam and ram man on a same size card as the other figures, i know ram man would need a bigger bubble and maybe a wider card ? i dont like the oversize pack for these figures , it throws off a nice square moc display , and i keep mine moc because i will most likley sell them , if matty makes it to all of the original figures to match my vintage collection , i will sell the moc set and buy loose complete collection and maybe have a few $ left over .if they end the line without the originals . i will just keep maybe the original 8 figures as in the 8 backs.and sell the rest .thats why i collect moc , hope someday to have opened figures to pose next to the originals. they are easier to sell moc

  7. #57
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    1,435
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    This doesn't HAVE to be a subscription item or SDCC Thing.
    It appeals to the MOC folk, cause It's Prince Adam on his own Card (While I'd love a full sized, fully Articulated Cringer... that ain't gonna happen cause Logistics) Tossing Cringer with him would make him more special. Maybe make a scaredy pose Cringer "statue"(as seen in the transformation sequence) to make the Marlena Cringer kinda useful as well and maybe become somewhat desirable to folks that already own an Adam and a Cringer
    While I really want a full sized Cringer, I like your idea too. Kinda like how Ghostbusters did multiple versions of Slimer.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

    DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

    My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    Just to throw this out there, as I know it will likely get poo-pooed because I honestly don't like the idea much myself, what about a 200x version of Adam? Would that be a different enough variant to get considered?
    Kittens are delicious!

  9. #59
    Heroic Warrior AuraBoyX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    588
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    You see bubble wrap, I see a fine hand crafted frame.
    Agreed... There is also art in the Marketing of a product. The product packaging and presentation is beautiful. Especially when the figure is contained within and little nuances are sprinkled in for various figures (like the King Grayskull lightning).

  10. #60
    Heroic Warrior J-West's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    In the depths of the world unknown
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    Just to throw this out there, as I know it will likely get poo-pooed because I honestly don't like the idea much myself, what about a 200x version of Adam? Would that be a different enough variant to get considered?
    I'm with you on that idea. I'd love a 200x Adam. I don't care if he's standard size or a new smaller buck, I just want to add him to my collection.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

  11. #61
    Heroic Warrior Rodster6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,602
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    Agreed... There is also art in the Marketing of a product. The product packaging and presentation is beautiful. Especially when the figure is contained within and little nuances are sprinkled in for various figures (like the King Grayskull lightning).
    If every box were different I'd feel that way but when they all look the same it just feels boring when I know inside is the goodies of a figure I can admire from all angles and in different poses with different weapons and next to different characters. I do keep more unique boxes though that have nice art work on like the Windraider box and some G.I Joe vehicle boxes etc.

  12. #62
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,551
    Quote Originally Posted by burgun824 View Post
    I guess some of us outgrow the desire to physically handle our toys at an earlier age than others. For me it was around the age of 12 when I started having more of an iterest in girls. Making He-Man and Teela kiss got old really quick and I decided it would be more fun to try and get girls to kiss me instead.
    Wow, aren't we full of ourselves.

    There's nothing to outgrow, and certainly nothing mature about looking down your nose at fellow fans because they actually want to see and examine all the aspects of what they buy. I buy the toys to display, to put out in a scene, and to actually exercise some imagination and creativity in how I set up the display. And, unlike you, I actually know what the back of all my figures look like.

    I have no problems with folks collecting however they like to do so; to each his own. If that's how you enjoy them, looking at them as artwork in the package, that's fine. But dissing anyone who feels differently, basically calling them a child for not seeing things your way, is about as far from being an adult as one can get.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  13. #63
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    871
    An Adam and Cringer pack would be cool for those who missed out on him, but I don't see it happening. Now, a 200x Adam...that's got possibilities. A new, smaller buck would be needed(would it be less expensive because it's less plastic??). It could be used for 200x Adam, Filmation Lizard Man, and Dare. I'm all in for that one. Ditto on the fully articulated Cringer. I want one that can get into the poses the cartoon version could! The one we have is cool, but I want one that can cover it's face with its paws. Ideally we'd see a redone Adam with new head, NA He-Man handsculpt(for posing) and a fully articulated Cringer. Heck, make that set a beast pack. It'll sell.

  14. #64
    Heroic Warrior burgun824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Wow, aren't we full of ourselves.

    There's nothing to outgrow, and certainly nothing mature about looking down your nose at fellow fans because they actually want to see and examine all the aspects of what they buy. I buy the toys to display, to put out in a scene, and to actually exercise some imagination and creativity in how I set up the display. And, unlike you, I actually know what the back of all my figures look like.

    I have no problems with folks collecting however they like to do so; to each his own. If that's how you enjoy them, looking at them as artwork in the package, that's fine. But dissing anyone who feels differently, basically calling them a child for not seeing things your way, is about as far from being an adult as one can get.


    My apologies if you took it personally. It was intended to be funny but obviously my sense of humor is a little too dark and brutal for the classier individuals on this fine forum.
    Kittens are delicious!

  15. #65
    Snappy Threader
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Southern Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Prince Adam, along with Cringer, is my favorite character in the whole story.

    While I would LOVE to have new versions of Adam (mini-comics blue vest, Filmation variant, etc), I still have a long list of figures I want while the line is hot. I'm hopeful we can get to minor re-tool/re-deco figures when the line winds down.
    Bravo!!!! Exactly this! Exactly. A blue vested Adam and a more articulated Cringer.....I bet we see them... afterall, bios.....gotta have the bios to read the bios....

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Wulff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    895
    No thanks. Happy with the Adam we got. And we have two Cringers already, that's quite enough.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •