Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 34.38%
  • No

13 40.63%
  • Cherry pick

8 25.00%

Thread: Would you collect a new range of action figures?

Heroic Warrior

Would you collect a new range of action figures?

Who would buy/collect a new range of barbarian type fantasy figures?
    Would you buy/collect a range of motuc style figures, with the same level of articulation, and Style of sculpting,
    Could the magic be recaptured in a new line, without the aid of a cartoon/movie/comic book ?

No way Mattel would release a new line without something to back it up.

Snappy Threader
    I voted no...unless they really blew my socks off with a line and it was 100% compatible with MOTUC......

Heroic Warrior
    What if Mattel wasn't releasing them?

Probably not. Not to say that anything else wouldn't capture my childhood imagination like this line has, but man, I am running out of room. And I have a whole room dedicated to my collecting passion.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

sure why not...long as they looked the part....id be up for that...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

No, I don't care for the Barbarian motif much outside of the origins it gave MOTU....I don't care much for Conan (The Barbarian or O'Brien ), so in short, no, once Classics is done, and unless they do the Mini Masters, I'm done with MOTU, as I'll have all I want from the line as far as brand new fully articulated updates of the Vintage figures I loved as a kid. 200X did nothing for me at all, I did not like those figures at all except say Mantenna. So Classics is all I ever wanted for MOTU figures. I would consider buying some Vintage MOSC, if I ever had the dough to do that, but except Mini Masters, any new MOTU line, if not something I would likely care about.

But in general, any line I collect has to have a purpose for me to collect it, and a new plain Barbarian line would serve me no purpose.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Honestly, it'd come down to the sculpting and the character designs.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd do what I'm doing now with the MOTUC line...I'd cherry pick the ones I like and leave the rest.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I voted no. I'm completely bored with basic human or "humanoid" figures. I didn't even bother with the Hobbit figures when one of my kmart's marked them way down.

What I want is robots with alternate modes, transparency, stuff that's glow in the dark, holographic bases, slime, etc.

Somebody needs to resurrect the Crystal Warriors.

Heroic Warrior
    It would depend completely on the quality and sculpt of the line. I do collect Seventh Kingdom and Gothitropolis figures and they have no media to back them up, but they do have the Four Horsemen name behind them. Are you thinking of creating something?

As of now, no. I'm not a toy collector so much as a he-fan.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

No. I'm done with collecting when MOTU Classics winds up.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be for a 3.75 line that could get vehicles, playsets and tie in with the other 3.75 sized toys

Are we talking about the same styling as the vintage MOTU line? Because the answer to that for me is NO.

If you mean a new barbarian toy line with the style and articulation of MOTUC, which would mean figures more like Vikor, Draego-Man, BG Teela, Carnivus, and Demo-Man, or possibly a Classics treatment for knock offs like the Warlord line, Remco Warrior Beasts, Blackstar or the new Underworld figures...then absolutely YES I would collect that!!!

But if that would catch on without a cartoon or other tie-in, I doubt it. If I only ruled the universe....sigh.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I've never obsessed about collecting a full line. I'm a cherry picker all day, everyday!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombihamma-AI View Post
    Who would buy/collect a new range of barbarian type fantasy figures?
    Would you buy/collect a range of motuc style figures, with the same level of articulation, and Style of sculpting,
    Could the magic be recaptured in a new line, without the aid of a cartoon/movie/comic book ?
    Within the above parameters, yes I would! Maybe someone'll dig up the Other World license, or something similar?
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE