Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How does MOTUC Ram Man compare to his other versions?

Heroic Warrior
    I'll always be partial to the original vintage figure.

Easily the MotU Classics version! Best detail and sculpt by far!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

MOTUC. I adore the very satisfying action feature on the previous figures, but I'm finding new satisfaction in how hefty this bulky character feels in my hand now that he isn't so hollow.

I always had tons of fun with the vintage figure and I loved the 200X update with the added detail and exaggerated design. MOTUC Ram Man is one of those figures that goes straight-up vintage and reminds me that there was nothing broken about the original design, it just needed this kind of treatment to really shine.

There's also something extremely satisfying about being able to finally pose Ram Man. The poor guy has never been able to run before. And I'll glady take squinty eyes over then dot eyes and googly eyes my prior figures had.

And finally, in these days where reused tooling and smaller sizes are such a necessary factor in all of the many lines I collect, a chunky 100% newly tooled figure is something I really appreciate much more than the figures I used to take for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    Classics Ram Man for me. He is the version I have wanted for years. I really am not a fan of 200x designs, period. Too much 'stuff' on them making them look generic as hell...like some 6th graders designed them. I prefer clean and simple designs of Filmation and the comics.
    I understand some people prefer the cleaner and the less detailed/mechanical look for this brand, but calling 200X designed by 6th graders is a little out of place here!... After all they were designed by the 4HM themselves. The 200X stactions (for instant) were among the best sculpted pieces in action figure history...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    The MOTUC's Rammy is by far the best action figure version of him that we have got. It is AMAZING!!!!

I do however really love my NECA Rammy bust as well. I won it at the Power Con charity auction and am really enjoying it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I understand some people prefer the cleaner and the less detailed/mechanical look for this brand, but calling 200X designed by 6th graders is a little out of place here!... After all they were designed by the 4HM themselves. The 200X stactions (for instant) were among the best sculpted pieces in action figure history...
    I agree entirely. The 200X designs stand out to me as the best yet. I think the added rivets and plating add a functional dimension to the characters. For instance Sure Laser Lot, he is a knight but you can't tell if he's wearing Spandex or armor, that wouldn't have been an issue 10 years ago. IMO the originality made 200X amazing. The Rio Blast staction to me is the best redesign to date and i wish the 4H got to do more stuff like that now.

Back on topic i like the 200X figure more aesthetically, but the MOTUC version is the winner due to his articulation and insanely accurate sculpt. The belt and boot details are my favorite parts of this figure.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    MotU Classics surpases every other incarnation easily.
    Wow how awesome he is!
    Excellent!!!