Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How does MOTUC Ram Man compare to his other versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    While the vinatge holds a special place in my heart, the MOTUC version may just be the ultimate version. If the 200X figure would have been in the proper scale he may have been a contender, but he was a disappointment, for me anyway.
    Classics will always win due to articulation but as far as this Ram Man being to scale, I always remember him being much smaller than He-Man in the cartoon and that would make the vintage line actually be "to scale". The classics line makes him out to be like Juggernaut. Am I all alone on this one?
    New Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage and Classics

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

I tend to agree.Slightly shorter legs,not quite as massive.That would the scale I would prefer.Nonetheless he looks awesome.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    While the vinatge holds a special place in my heart, the MOTUC version may just be the ultimate version. If the 200X figure would have been in the proper scale he may have been a contender, but he was a disappointment, for me anyway.
    Agreed!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I'm absolutely loving the MOTUC Ram Man!

I shortened one of mine to make him a little more FILMation accurate.

I do have another at the standard height, but I think he absolutely ROCKS in this dwarfish height. Still wish the head sculpt had opened eyes. To me the eyes can definitely make or break a figure, and honestly it's the only downside to this figure.

He's a 9.8 in my book!
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Classics Ram Man is the best figure, but 200X Ram Man has the best detail and sculpt.
    This^
    As a sculpt, I've always admired the 200X style. The details and the proportion of his anatomy are the best IMO, however as an overall Toy figure (Great sculpt and articulation), the MOUTC Rammy is the best rendition we have thus far.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Classics Ram Man........ Easily, De BEST !!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I would say MOTUC version. even tho im trying to keep the one I have now MOC.

Classics by far! I always liked the character but the 80s toy wasn't very good and the 200X was still annoying having a big molded lump of plastic for legs that were lose too. Only thing I don't like are his eyes looking closed.
    Last edited by Rodster6; February 21, 2013 at 01:30pm.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    MOTUC is superior!

All we need now is the orange-red version with shinier "metal".
    I agree! bring on the cardback Rammy
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

I love all eras of MOTU, and while I greatly prefer the 200x designs of some characters (Evil Lyn, King Hsss, Buzz Off) and the unique details of other 200x versions (Hordak, Clawful,) if we're talking toys the classic versions win 99% of the time due to their scale and articulation. It's that simple.

I'm still not a huge fan of Ram Man's squinty face, but the rest of the design is perfect. Classics is the best Ram Man ever to date.

I understand why people might not like the squinty eyes, but I actually love 'em. I think the new MOTUC version is aces from head to toe.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the little horned head fatty Ram Man there

Classics Ram Man for me. He is the version I have wanted for years. I really am not a fan of 200x designs, period. Too much 'stuff' on them making them look generic as hell...like some 6th graders designed them. I prefer clean and simple designs of Filmation and the comics.

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC version, the face is awesome, love the cardback illustration...

Classics all the way..its what i wanted the vintage to to be as a child.!! LOVE HIM!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Court Magician
    Classics version all the way for me too. Rammy never did a lot for me, but this classics version has entirely changed my mind on him.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but not only do I love the squinty eyes, I *love* the alternate head - perhaps even more than the helmeted one (even if the lack of neck is a bit dodgy).

Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Classics will always win due to articulation but as far as this Ram Man being to scale, I always remember him being much smaller than He-Man in the cartoon and that would make the vintage line actually be "to scale". The classics line makes him out to be like Juggernaut. Am I all alone on this one?
    I'm sure you're not alone, but I personally like the Juggernaut look. I preferred the 200x concept of Ram Man in this regard too. Anyone that goes around smashing into rocks with his head needs to be a large, thick skulled, doofus that's roughly the size of a house. Not a...."small person."
    Kittens are delicious!

Without a doubt--Motuc Ram-Man When I put him on the shelf last night he made things look more complete. Mot sure why ppl
    think he's too short--I think he was the perfect combination of vintage and 200x and his height and size look great next to everyone else Definitely in the top 5 of my favorite Motuc figures so far

Heroic Warrior
    MOTUC all the way!!!

CLASSICS RAM MAN, 200X was a beautifully designed figure. But other than and between the characterization of him in media after the minis; being a chubby massive oafy-type character, I wasn't too happy. I always wanted the powerful and aggressive one from the mini comics... AND THIS IS IT!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    I was more referring to the 200X figure in regards to how we saw Ram-man in the 200X cartoon. He was a huge guy in that series, but if I remember right there was some "rule" in the toyline that no one could be taller than He-man. It really hurt figures like Beastman and Ram-Man for me anyway.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    MOTUC version, the face is awesome, love the cardback illustration...
    I agree! very good articulation as well

Yay, I forgot about these comparison posts. Yeah, I gotta go with MotUC version. I love the original for being a little battering ram, and I guess the new one can't do the same as the vintage...but he can sure do WAY more damage if you throw him!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Joseephus! I'm so glad to see the return of hese threads!

MOTUC is definately the Winner here. (In my humble opinion.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I was more referring to the 200X figure in regards to how we saw Ram-man in the 200X cartoon. He was a huge guy in that series, but if I remember right there was some "rule" in the toyline that no one could be taller than He-man. It really hurt figures like Beastman and Ram-Man for me anyway.
    If we are talking about the retail lines, the figures needed to have a consistent scale because of price and playsets.

We have three different canonical body types for Ram Man now: dwarf (Filmation), huge and fat (200X) and now regular-sized and wide (mini-comics, cardback and Classics).

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Joseephus! I'm so glad to see the return of hese threads!

MOTUC is definately the Winner here. (In my humble opinion.)
    It has been awhile since I have done them, and I thought it was time I bring them back! Thanks again Uki!
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!