Thread: Masters of the Universe: The Keldor Chronicles

Masters of the Universe: The Keldor Chronicles

Hey, all. I've been lurking at the ORG for, more or less, about 13 years. I finally decided to get an account.

Anyway, a short story of mine ("Keldor The Cursed") that I wrote many years ago was recently revisited and expanded into a novel. I'm still in the editing process, but it's over 86,000 words at the moment. It's my own canon. I pulled what I liked from existing MOTU canons, and ignored what I didn't. So far I've had really good feedback from readers who are helping me with the editing. I hope that fans here will like it too.

Although it's not finished yet (it's very close), I'd like to point out the two sites that I have set up for it. Both are located in my signature. One is the "official" site, the other is a Facebook page. The main site currently has an excerpt from an early chapter to give people a sense of the tone I went for. The excerpt will continue to be available.

I know it's "just" fan-fic, but after spending hundreds of hours honing it into what I feel is, not just a good, but a great MOTU story, I want to give it as big of a release as I can. I have other original works on the back-burner at the moment, and thought that this would be a good way to get my name out there. Plus, it was fun to work on. I love MOTU

It will be released on the main website on May 4th, 2013. The FB site is regularly updated and has some cool things on it like character previews with dialog from the novel. It will also have the most updated news regarding the release.

This has been a pretty big undertaking for me and I think is one of the more ambitious MOTU fan-fiction stories that's been put out there. As a fellow MOTU fan from before I can even remember, I'd really appreciate your support when it comes out :-)

EDIT: It's now available! :-)
    Last edited by KeldorTheCursed; August 31, 2013 at 12:51pm. Reason: Now available.
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its upcoming sequel (which will also be FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Very interesting. Looking forward to it. Welcome to the org. We "Matts" need to stick together.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Thanks
    -KTC

Alright- more fanfic!
    1. Please like me: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pop-C...9994401?ref=hl
    2. Please read my fanfiction: USURPERS http://he-man.org/community/view.php...3&UserID=38050
    3. Please go here: www.mlhumble.deviantart.com
    4. Please see my list of 2000+ comics to trade for MOTUC: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ics-and-trades
    5. Thank you

Here is a pic with the updated release info :-)

Chronicles FB Flier.png
    -KTC

Warrior of the Inferno Brimstone's Avatar
    Looking forward to reading this.
    My Fan-Fic projects:

Eternia: The Dark Years: Enter Eternia a world that has fallen to the hands of the Evil Horde.
    Coming Soon:Roots 2: Fear stalks Primus. (A NA sequel to Roots by Brimstone and Thew40)

My art (mostly MOTU related ) please feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Brimstone View Post
    Looking forward to reading this.
    Thanks! I look forward to people being able to read it :-)
    -KTC

Sorry for the double-post, but I want to make sure people know that the book is now available. There are also two cool video trailers for it on the main site featuring my friend Spencer Voykin as Keldor and the art of Mattias Fahlberg and Gerald Parel (with permission).

-KTC

just wanted to chime in and say its a travesty that more people aren't discussing your book here!
    I just finished reading it last night, and I thought it was AMAZING!
    while it's all "familiar" ground with the characters we know and love, you've put a unique spin on many histories and relationships and events, and I found myself multiple times throughout thinking "YES!, this makes the most sense of any previous iterations out there, and what I now accept as my personal "canon"!"
    I truly love what you've done... it was obviously a labor of love, and wanted you to know it is appreciated and really great. you even managed to work in some of the bio's real names in a way I liked! lol. on a critical note... there are a few grammatical (multiple "than"s, missing "a/an"s, etc) and spelling errors that you may want to clean up, but that's truly just as a helpful nit-picking FYI. i'm looking forward to reading the followup! (ANY chance you might consider/be able to produce a bound printed edition at any point?... I for one would definitely buy one!)
    thanks again. great job! you've added something meaningful to my life-long love of these characters and their story!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin View Post
    just wanted to chime in and say its a travesty that more people aren't discussing your book here!
    I just finished reading it last night, and I thought it was AMAZING!
    while it's all "familiar" ground with the characters we know and love, you've put a unique spin on many histories and relationships and events, and I found myself multiple times throughout thinking "YES!, this makes the most sense of any previous iterations out there, and what I now accept as my personal "canon"!"
    I truly love what you've done... it was obviously a labor of love, and wanted you to know it is appreciated and really great. you even managed to work in some of the bio's real names in a way I liked! lol. on a critical note... there are a few grammatical (multiple "than"s, missing "a/an"s, etc) and spelling errors that you may want to clean up, but that's truly just as a helpful nit-picking FYI. i'm looking forward to reading the followup! (ANY chance you might consider/be able to produce a bound printed edition at any point?... I for one would definitely buy one!)
    thanks again. great job! you've added something meaningful to my life-long love of these characters and their story!
    Thanks for the feedback, Kevin! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. One of the biggest issues with MOTU (IMO) is the fact that every canon contradicts nearly every other canon, lol. I worked really hard to make things "make sense" and I'm glad to have heard that from a number of people so far. People seem to like the changes, so that's good. I thought some might be after my head

When it comes to a bound edition, well that's a long story, haha. I'm trying hard to avoid copyright issues. On the plus side... I don't want to go into details, but let's just say I'm working on it. It's unlikely, but you never know.

When it comes to errors in spelling, etc. I truly do appreciate the feedback. I'd say that it's 99% edited at this point (I caught a few things that I edited just yesterday, despite working on the sequel), however I'd like to ask readers that if you see anything like that, please let me know, along with a page number. It's very easy for me to correct and re-upload the story. This is a totally homegrown project and all extra eyes are much appreciated.

I'm really glad you liked it. Tell your friends!
    -KTC

Heroic Warrior
    I can see that I really am going to have to take a look at this, since it comes so highly recommended!

I look forward to doing so; we writers should stick together!

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    I can see that I really am going to have to take a look at this, since it comes so highly recommended!

I look forward to doing so; we writers should stick together!

I hope you enjoy it and yes, we need to stick together

I have a ton on my plate at the moment, but I will try to get a look at your story as well.

Edit: hey, it's my 100th post! Yay :-)
    Last edited by KeldorTheCursed; September 9, 2013 at 10:43am.
    -KTC

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post

I hope you enjoy it and yes, we need to stick together

I have a ton on my plate at the moment, but I will try to get a look at your story as well.
    Yes, me too (not for nothing do I call my agent 'Evil-Lyn' - though not in her hearing...) but I shall most certainly read and comment. I look forward to it.

And, if time allows you to read it, I'd be interested in your thoughts on mine; I've never written a MotU tale before.
    Last edited by Scriptor; September 9, 2013 at 10:47am.

Quote Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
    Yes, me too (not for nothing do I call my agent 'Evil-Lyn' - though not in her hearing...) but I shall most certainly read and comment. I look forward to it.

And, if time allows you to read it, I'd be interested in your thoughts on mine; I've never written a MotU tale before.
    Cool. Will do :-) Though to be honest, I may wait until I've finished working on "Legacies." I peeked and saw that Hordak is involved (at least in the beginning). Hordak is a huge part of "Legacies" and I'm very mindful of what I read while I'm working on a story as I don't want to subconsciously "borrow" anything from another fan. I look forward to reading it, but I apologize in advance if it takes me a bit. Hopefully you understand.

Once I'm finished with this second book, which will be my last MOTU book (unless someone starts to pay me, lol!), I plan to devour a lot of the fan created fiction on the Org, and I'll eagerly start with yours :-D
    Last edited by KeldorTheCursed; September 9, 2013 at 05:13pm.
    -KTC