Thread: Help with swiftwind

Help with swiftwind

So I was hoping some of the more talented (than I) people here can help me out, my swiftwind has a broken wing tab (in the socket) i've tried to superglue it in but it doesnt hold well. any advice??
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Clean with alcohol, sand every point that touches, clean with alcohol again, but also dry wipe it before the rubbing alcohol evaporates. Then use "Gel" super glue. It takes longer to set up, but it's thicker to fills in the gaps. Make sure you have it propped up so there is no weight on the wing as it sits for 24 hours drying. (Use books stacked or anything you can find to take the weight off.)

thanks he-bro, this will work on the white tab in the socket? (the wing itself is fine it's inside the socket the white tab that holds the wing assembly inside the socket
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Those kind of breaks are nearly impossible to fix because those parts are designed to have some flexibility. The problem is any glue you use will not have the same physical characteristics of the plastic piece and it will not flex in the same way it did.

Definitely try He-Bro's suggestion of the gel glue, but it may be a lost cause. The good news is that you have a base body for making Spirit or Teela's gold unicorn.

Snappy Threader
    My first Swift Wind did that, I used Gorilla Glue. It held, but as snake said it lost it's flex. But it did hold....I even glued a step on my deck with Gorilla glue and it held until I sold the house. Ha!

i don't mind it being in there for good, i'd LIKE it to be able to rotate but it's not that necessary. gorilla glue huh? I've seen that. thanks everyone!!

Fear is faith in failure

Snappy Threader
    Yeah gorilla glue will even glue concrete. If you use it though, be real careful, do not get any on your hands, and only use a small amount...like 3 or 4 "pin heads" to start.....it is strong stuff.