View Poll Results: Which Character Do You Prefer?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keldor.

26 31.71%
  • Skeletor.

44 53.66%
  • Keldor, Skeletor? A villain is a villain.

12 14.63%

Thread: Does Anyone Else Prefer Keldor?

Does Anyone Else Prefer Keldor?

Having finally caught up on the comics, and with my starting a real custom Keldor figure, I'm wondering, does anyone else here prefer Keldor to Skeletor?

Now, there's a lot of reasons to prefer one over the other without really thinking about it, nostalgia fuels most love for Skeletor, and the fact that Keldor usually wins would fuel Keldor's support, and both are fully justified. However, I think as a character, I actually prefer Keldor.

As Kronis put it, Skeletor and Keldor are not the same, and I think most people agree. I actually prefer Keldor, I like the calm, adaptive nature that he shows, as he patiently executes his master plan. Keldor knows that he's not going to win with a lame plot of the week, he instead builds an empire, and slowly poises himself to take the throne not by sheer power, but by leverage. I like that he's thinking a few moves ahead, and is using people against themselves. (My favorite comic issue is ICON of Evils Beast Man tale)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who likes Keldor, and not just because he's different, or in past tales he is usually victorious (rare for a villain), so I'm wondering just how many of you share my view, and how many disagree.
    Last edited by Pravus Prime; February 25, 2005 at 02:24am. Reason: Fixing an error

Keldor is definitely a different person.
    Skeletor and Keldor are one in the same, and no doubt there are traits embedded within that will always connect the two.
    But Skeletor is so poisoned with dark powers, that his new destiny has almost erased all of who was Keldor was.

Also, girls seem to think Tony Moore's Keldor is pretty sexy.

At first I thought it was just Leanne's sick mind (she's sick I tell you!), but I've actually heard it from about half a dozen female fans thus far.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Well, he is tall, dark & handsome! And the lil beard n mustache is just the icing on the cake! He also seems to have a general interest in women and other good things in life. So naturally he is rather attractive.

Skelly's a better villain tho. XD

If Keldor wasn't so cunsomed by the dark arts he would have definatly been able to conquer Eternia. Too bad he got all powerhungry.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3

At first I thought it was just Leanne's sick mind (she's sick I tell you!), but I've actually heard it from about half a dozen female fans thus far.
    You can add me to that list.

Keldor is easier on the eyes thats for sure.
    But really I dont care. 6 of one 1/2 a dozen of the other.
    Obey the whip! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/ak...smiley-039.gif

Smile like you mean it.

I like them both equally. Keldor's got that charisma that just makes people want to follow him, and he seemed like a decent leader anyway. Triclops sure seemed to like him a lot (Keldor/Skeletor gives great benefits). But then, Skeletor is just creepy and crazy, and tragic after you see how great he used to be before his descent into being a maniacal, vengeful psycho.

I voted Keldor, though, because my girlfriend would have kill me if I hadn't. She thinks he's hot.

SKELETOR got my vote. Not because of nostalgia, but because he's more entertaining. That being said, I think KELDOR is actually a better villain, in that he's more of a threat (or would've been if he had the power SKELETOR has). But for all the coolness KELDOR had, SKELETOR had a sense of humor. His loopiness makes him both funny and unpredictable.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

My girlfriend certainly thinks that Keldor is sexy.

Curse that Keldor!

Anyways, I always thought that Keldor was a more interesting character than Skeletor. I would have liked to have seen more of him.

And so would my girlfriend.

~W~
    Tales of Masters of the Universe
    The story of Masters of the Universe - spanning from Skeletor's origin to the final fate of He-Man!
    Masters of the Universe: New Legacy
    Find out what happened after the 200x series! Featuring stories and artwork from throughout the fan community!

WANTED: Spikor, Snake Mountain stands, Wind Raider, and Despara

Yeah I like Keldor there is something different about him.

Keldor is cool, but I prefer the Lord of Evil...SKELETOR!
    Look for my Children's book on Amazon.com. Search for "Silus 2000"!http://www.amazon.com/Whos-Whats-Wha...7946870&sr=8-1

Evil Halloween Enthusiast Razzbel's Avatar
    Well, I feel dumb. I have never realized how different Keldor and Skeletor are. Keldor did win a lot, for a villain. I wouldn't say I like one over the other, I see it as a character's evolution. Keldor is more cunning and calm. It seems to me that his fight with Randor, where he got all jacked up, was when he started to act more like Skeletor. I think by then he was just frustrated.

I can't remember who was interviewed, but someone (a creator of the MOTU line) had said that Skeletor was already inside Keldor. His skull face was just a superficial thing. He was ugly on the inside before the accident occurred.

P.S. - I did have one crazy question. I've never noticed, but did the cartoon Keldor have those creepy Skeletor claw feet? I know that the figure has them, but I figured it was a production thing. If Keldor was a normal man why didn't he have normal feet? If he didn't, then it should give us an idea as to his heritage.

Moral of the Story: Don't do bad things or you could get your face burned off and wind up turning into a living skull.
    You can have all of the toys in the world, but they're all worthless if you have no one to play with.
    My Tattoo | Gay He-Fans | Facebook

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I gotta say, Keldor is definitely a hottie. So I suppose you can add me to the list of Keldor Groupies too. But Skeletor is more entertaining, and a better all-out villain. I think, even though Skeletor is off his rocker and consumed with evil magic, Keldor's knowledge and strategic abilities still lie within Skelly. Even some of that old Keldor charm is still evident. It's an interesting character progression and one I wish we had seen more of.
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; March 7, 2005 at 01:25pm.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3

I named myself "Keldora"... Need I really say more?!
    Without evil there can be no good so it must be good to be evil sometimes....

Yes, I am sick and proud of it!

Hey Everyone,

I think they both rule!

Totally, evil villians. I really think they are both under-valued.

Take it easy,
    Darren

I really, really love both of the characters, but I voted for Skeletor.

Keldor is hot, tall, dark, attractive, handsome, patient, brilliant... overall, perfect. But there's one thing he lacks that Skeletor actually haves; Keldor isn't scary. Villain has to look scary. If I met Keldor at a dark alley, I wouldn't startle. If I met Skeletor at a dark alley, I'd first pee to my pants, then run away and only then wonder how much I actually drunk tonight and should I cut the amount of MotU I watch...
    Perpetual hate generator
    In the memory of Chutora-san (7.7.2003 - 20.6.2006)

davelove
    keldors got that dashing rogue thing about him , and i always felt that he gives skeletor extra depth.theres a kind of tragedy behind skeletor now we know who he was previously , and that he gave his soul to save his life

Quote Originally Posted by Razzbel
    P.S. - I did have one crazy question. I've never noticed, but did the cartoon Keldor have those creepy Skeletor claw feet? I know that the figure has them, but I figured it was a production thing. If Keldor was a normal man why didn't he have normal feet? If he didn't, then it should give us an idea as to his heritage.
    No he got those when hodak transformed him into skeletor (same with the bones on his costume.

Heroic Warrior
    OMG !!! Do you guys have any idea how many Flash Gordon and Ming the Merciless quips we would have had to endure if He Man got stuck with the evil forces of Keldor ? Not cool people .

Also ThunderCats would have been minus a Mumm Ra .

Heroic Warrior
    Skeletor here!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE