Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3D Castle Grayskull Dungeon : REVIEW [contains links]

Heroic Warrior
    Well, as I couldn't get a reply anywhere about U.K. shipping, I just bought one and asked for it to be sent to my friend in NC. Looking forward to getting it!

Just ordered one myself,
    Working class villains were really good with shipping to Canada too. A few messages back and forth and i had one ordered. Just have to wait for its arrival. Thanks for the review as it was the reason i found out about it and had to have one. Will post pics after it is done.
    I like the results from all the work i have seen though i like the custom color schemes best. Lots of beautiful work.
    *UPDATE*
    May 2013
    I finished mine and here it is.
    Grate 002.jpg
    Last edited by MOTUalberta; May 9, 2013 at 10:20pm.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Bought one at Power-con, still haven't painted it! I'm too nervous!

THAT IS A SWEET PIECE..too bad it unpainted...bummer
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I highly recommend this piece to anyone who has a chance to get it! The Working Class Villains were very nice to meet and they had several cool items for sale at Power Con. I was on a tight budget but had to pick up that dungeon grate as soon as I found it. I saw it online a few months before, so I was happy to see it there for sale!

It took me a couple of weeks to work up the nerve to paint it. I started with a grey primer and it took me a couple of days to get it done. I used basic acrylics and a couple of tiny brushes for the details. I kept the color scheme close to the vintage design but made a few tweaks here and there...

I look forward to putting this dungeon grate inside Castle Grayskull later this year!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Has anybody tried to put this into their dungeon. I hear you can open up the dungeon, but I'm not trying.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    Has anybody tried to put this into their dungeon. I hear you can open up the dungeon, but I'm not trying.
    Ya, in Dan's most recent video item review, he inserted one of the glow in the dark casted versions of this exact item into the new MOTUC dungeon an it fits perfectly.

Here is a link to that video...

I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 10, 2013 at 12:20am.

I need to find someone to paint mine!

I put mine on the opposite side and made it a visible part of the dio. I'm not done painting it yet though

My Wants and for trade list
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...19#post3326519

GI Joe Figures, Vehicles, Parts and Accessories for sale

http://www.gijoejunkyard.com

I need one of those gitd versions into life.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

I wanted to reply an show how my 3D dungeon paint turned out. Mine is color painted based off of the new MOTUC grayskull dungeon sticker.[pictured below in high res - feel free to link ir or steal it... lol. ]

High Res image of the new MOTUC Castle Grayskull dungeon Sticker

Image of my fully painted "Working Class Villains 3D Dungeon Grate"

I am kinda OCD on my paint application details so I "personally" still think this needs a orange "dirty wash" on the yellow hands and a gloss green "dirty wash" on the slime.... but my daughter said stop piddling with it an post it an share the results before I mess it up. lol
    ....but other than my personal minor complaints of my paint job I am REALLY happy with how it turned out.

Also while doing this I modified my MOTUC Castle Grayskull playset to be a little more vintage accurate by removing the dungeon insert and adding the sculpted dungeon in its place.

Here are a few shots showing off the mods I have made so far.

My favorite of my mods so far I might add. In this shot you can see I have removed the tiny inner dungeon cell walls to make the castle more vintage accurate, as well as adding in the wind raider plug "manhole" mod, and last but not least teh 3D dungeon added over the sticker.

Great pictures, Replikor! How did you go about removing the dungeon? Can it be done without destroying the bloody thing? I'm tempted to remove mine, but I want to be able to put it back, so I don't want to risk breaking the walls. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Great pictures, Replikor! How did you go about removing the dungeon? Can it be done without destroying the bloody thing? I'm tempted to remove mine, but I want to be able to put it back, so I don't want to risk breaking the walls. Any advice would be most appreciated.
    Yup! I removed mine with [0] lasting marks anywhere.

Here is a repost from my facebook page where others has asked how to do the same on how I did this....

[read instructions below...]

FIRST OFF!!! I do not take ANY responsibility for any damage that may occur if you decide to try this yourself, as plastics will react VERY differently depending on the individual castings heat at time of plastic poring, and the current temperature the modification is occurring in ...as well as personal force uses will vary results greatly... PLEASE try at your own risk!!!].

List of items that you will need...

x1- needle-nose pliers
    x1- 4 way screwdriver
    x1- flat head screwdriver

First unscrew the dungeon 3 connecting/anchor screws. [located inside and around inner dungeon walls]
    Then take the flat head screwdriver any while pulling down at each on the bottom of the castles base in the front half.

CAREFULLY Pry the long flat "clip pegs"; located under the castle; out JUST enough to let each slip past the lock nub/point. [do this for ALL on the bottom of the castles front half. Also the Jawbridge will most likely fall out as you remove the base from the front shell of the castle this is normal as the jawbridge only sits in the base.]

Next take your flat head screwdriver and pry around at the BASE part of the large plastic locking pin running up the castles center joint". GENTLY do this all the way around the base. Then take a few moments to open and close the castle about a dozen times or more. This will use friction and naturally cause the locking pin to work out some so it can be grabbed fully by the base with the plyers to ensure no damage occurs to any other the part. Then use your pair of needle-nose to pull down at all the open slots and on the bottom half of the plastic peg half [ the two plastic rod/parts meet in exactly the middle of the joint].

[Special note= you dont "have" to take the top pin out also, as it is not "fully" required if you can work carefully an remove everything with only the bottom half of the pin out.]

Once you have done that step you will want to carefully work out slowly repeat at each opening an tug "gently" to slowly work it out. Then pop the outer dungeon wall out of its plug/anchor hidden behind the connector joint area.
    then reassemble.

ALSO.... to reinstall the inner walls. just do the same in reverse. item is only held in via 3 screws and 1 push in lock peg that easly pops out if area is heated with a blowdryer.]

Place custom 3D dungeon [or none if you just want the sticker for now till an official one comes out].

Done!
    Last edited by Replikor; December 21, 2013 at 09:37pm.

Widget
    The colors of the stones around the dungeon are spectacular! Would you mind sharing how you got such a perfect match?

Quote Originally Posted by Vermilionone View Post
    The colors of the stones around the dungeon are spectacular! Would you mind sharing how you got such a perfect match?
    I wished that I could... that green was a MAJOR pain to match!!! It took me a VERY long time trying to mix the colors.
    I ended up having to mix 7 different green colors in many attempts that all failed till I ended up working the color out with a mix of 4 of those custom mixed green attempts that was then diluted with a touch of greyed water to get it to be that color of green for the base color but still somewhat "faded looking" as the plastic looks which is why it is close as it is.
    Last edited by Replikor; December 21, 2013 at 11:44pm.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Loving those pictures Rep!

Widget
    Awesome piece for sure, I ordered one a couple of weeks ago. Haven't received it yet, no shipping notice either, but it did say on etsy to allow a couple of weeks for manufacture or something so I guess it's normal.

Probably will still be at least 2-3 weeks before I get mine considering I'm an international customer, plus the christmas rush. Looking forward to it though, should look great in the Castle.

I haven't decided yet if I wanna put it in the jailcell or on the right of the jawbridge. But I'm leaning towards the right of the jawbridge since you'll actually see it there.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I wanted to reply an show how my 3D dungeon paint turned out. Mine is color painted based off of the new MOTUC grayskull dungeon sticker.[pictured below in high res - feel free to link ir or steal it... lol. ]

High Res image of the new MOTUC Castle Grayskull dungeon Sticker
    http://imageshack.us/a/img703/1175/w42k.jpg

Image of my fully painted "Working Class Villains 3D Dungeon Grate"
    http://imageshack.us/a/img42/5575/2gzc.jpg

I am kinda OCD on my paint application details so I "personally" still think this needs a orange "dirty wash" on the yellow hands and a gloss green "dirty wash" on the slime.... but my daughter said stop piddling with it an post it an share the results before I mess it up. lol
    ....but other than my personal minor complaints of my paint job I am REALLY happy with how it turned out.

Also while doing this I modified my MOTUC Castle Grayskull playset to be a little more vintage accurate by removing the dungeon insert and adding the sculpted dungeon in its place.

Here are a few shots showing off the mods I have made so far.

http://imageshack.us/a/img850/7872/f0qo.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img28/9030/30yf.jpg

My favorite of my mods so far I might add. In this shot you can see I have removed the tiny inner dungeon cell walls to make the castle more vintage accurate, as well as adding in the wind raider plug "manhole" mod, and last but not least teh 3D dungeon added over the sticker.
    Love how the space "opens-up" after removing the dungeon cell. Now you have me thinking of some kind of slide from the ill placed trap door that leads to the dungeon. Thanks for sharing!

I couldnt resist, scary but fairly striaght forward. Now we need to produce a nice plastic custom piece
    1486879_229400240571649_1027397882_n.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Love how the space "opens-up" after removing the dungeon cell. Now you have me thinking of some kind of slide from the ill placed trap door that leads to the dungeon. Thanks for sharing!
    I was thinking the exact same thing. The only problem with a chute is the way the trap door swings open as it falls down will block anyone in a chute addon that goes at an angle toward the dungeon.
    What we need is for someone to rip out the trap door an rework it an resculpt it back in but so that it would swing down and open on the opposite side it currently does.

I want one so bad, but they don't appear to sell it anymore
    Great Traders :Wrathofskeletor,Patrick Bateman,Malakai9999,Baron Karza,Jacob,Toyjesus,Norvel33,NilsorII,Cjbol,Corbe e99,Skeledeuce,Hemanlives,TrozBloodbone,Mikescab,S pikor66,MEKANOSE,MOTU,Orko32,Fugitoid,BattleCatsMy Daddy,Domercon,slgcmg,Royalt1us,Bob,Sanctitas,Bone head,Lee,hogwart727,bengali94,Greyskull Guardsman,woo,Bigdaddy51200,Troy-Klops,ThePuzzler,ledmanno

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I love the castle without the dungeon (i dont know how all is removable in the castle -handle, top turret), but the dungeon walls are unremovable.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Can someone take pics of the dungeon walls and inside the castle where they attach. I still can not get the wall that has the door out and can not figure out how it is still attached. thanks.

NM. i figured it out.
    Last edited by King Kahn; December 22, 2013 at 08:30pm.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I love the castle without the dungeon (i dont know how all is removable in the castle -handle, top turret), but the dungeon walls are unremovable.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Can someone take pics of the dungeon walls and inside the castle where they attach. I still can not get the wall that has the door out and can not figure out how it is still attached. thanks.

NM. i figured it out.

...see my above post "walkthru on hoiw to remove the dungen walls".