Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Mattycollector Video: Club Filmation & Batman/MOTUC Comparison

Heroic Warrior
    "Save on shipping" Hahaha, you gotta love the guy.

I love how minutely he disects the scale of Batman, but couldn't care less about Castle Grayskull.

Quote Originally Posted by IrrepressibleDH View Post
    "Save on shipping" Hahaha, you gotta love the guy.

I love how minutely he disects the scale of Batman, but couldn't care less about Castle Grayskull.

Especially when the first Filmation sub will ship separate from the regular sub, and then Shokoti ships by herself...so that's at least 2 out of 6 figures you're paying shipping on......and how can you save on shipping if there are no DOS's?

I'm still waiting for his pictures of the new castle next to the vintage one.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Uuuuuugh. He's so awkward to watch. I truly appreciate the update, but he really needs to work on these videos.
    Mattel really just have to give Pixel-Dan a job already!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Especially when the first Filmation sub will ship separate from the regular sub, and then Shokoti ships by herself...so that's at least 2 out of 6 figures you're paying shipping on......and how can you save on shipping if there are no DOS's?

I'm still waiting for his pictures of the new castle next to the vintage one.
    I am now convinced, more than ever, that he considers MOTU fans even less than suckers. Like every dealer with controls over what we need to get a "fix" he believes we'll swallow anything.
    "This is a rather shameless promotion"

"Worked on me!"

"Me too!"

He's a salesman. I assume every word he says is a sales pitch. I've come to terms with that. Case in point; we went from "knocking it out of the park" in regards to the subscription sales to "just getting by".

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Rowsdower View Post
    He's a salesman. I assume every word he says is a sales pitch. I've come to terms with that. Case in point; we went from "knocking it out of the park" in regards to the subscription sales to "just getting by".
    This. A thousand times this.

Yes, he's the marketing manager of the MOTU brand. That's what marketing is. Like it's a secret?

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    Yes, he's the marketing manager of the MOTU brand. That's what marketing is. Like it's a secret?
    Thanks for pointing out what marketing is, but that's my point. As the brand manager (salesman) everything he says is open to interpretation and needs to be taken with a grain of salt. Read the post again. There's nothing about a secret. Just don't believe the pitch and you'll never be disappointed.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Toyguru has just mentioned on Ask Matty that he's shot another video.

Can't wait to see it. I don't know if he was already planning to, but right after Toy Fair I actually sent him an email saying it might be a good idea to make a video comparing the size of the Prototype Castle Grayskull against the vintage and 200X castles, and he said it sounded like a great idea and would do that as soon as he got the sample back.

Glad to see it happened so soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monteeg View Post
    DC fans destroyed the TRU 2-pack project !!!!

I disagree. If anything, general disinterest in anything related to Masters of the Universe killed it at retail.

It was clearly an experiment to see if they could get away with selling MOTUC at retail, but seeing as how there was no current major public awareness of MOTU, then it was a HUGE risk.

At the time, DCUC was selling really well. It was a proven toy line, so combining the two was a lot safer than just releasing MOTU figures by themselves.

Plus, you have to remember that at retail, Mattel does not sell product to us. They sell to the retailers. I would bet anything that combining them in DC 2 packs was the only way Toys "R" Us would agree to stock them.