Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Snake Face Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Snake Face Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright, last MOTU review for the weekend! Snake Face is here!

Enjoy!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

OOOOooo!!! Def will be buying one of him an a few for parts!!! THATS AWESOME LOOKING!!

Snake Face looks REALLY cool! GREAT review! Thanks Dan!
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm really excited to get Snake Face. He's always been my favourite Snake Man. I hope Mattel releases his chest snakes in green in a future Weapons Pak. That would be pretty cool. I think the MOTUC version looks a LOT better than the vintage version. Great sculpting update there. I really love the 200X Staction of him though, so I can't compare those two. They almost look like separate characters...Gorgon brothers (like Medusa and her 2 sisters).

I love how disturbing and creepy he turned out. IF somehow Mattel can do a 200X variant of King Hiss, I hope they get his snake form right, like they did with Snake Face. Snake Face is head and shoulders creepier and more snake-eriffic than the King of all Snakes!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Oh wow... I really like him. But I just don't care for the Snake Men staffs (staves? staffses?). Just seems so impractical and clunky... And great review as usual, Dan!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Snake Face is already part of my top 3 of picks of 2013 together with Octavia and Mantenna. Such an awesome figure with the sculpt, colors and display options.

Snake Face looks fantastic. I think I'll be displaying mine with the head with the snakes popping out, but none coming from the chest. Can't wait.

Dan, are his arms any more hindered by his armor than any other figure with similar armor? I know some people were concerned that his armor was not sleek enough.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Dan, are his arms any more hindered by his armor than any other figure with similar armor? I know some people were concerned that his armor was not sleek enough.
    I'd say its no different than any other armor of this style. He still has full functionality with all of his articulation on the arms and torso.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Can't wait to get this guy.

Can't wait for Snake Face to get here. Along with Mosquitor and Scare Glow, he makes up my top 3 of coolest looking vintage characters.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I've been looking forward to Snake Face. He's one of those that I don't have as a vintage figure or 200x staction, so this will be my first version of this character. I thought he was cool in the MYP cartoon. I love the detail and so far he ranks up there with Ram Man and Jitsu for a great 2013.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Great Review, does the Clawful mace matches the shield?

HA! Nothin' goes better with that ending pic of snakes busting out of his face than wacky Orko music!

Anyway, this is one of those guys I didn't know I wanted until I saw these reviews. And WOW I've never seen a vintage Snake Face up close before! (Well, you know what I mean. The video got real close to him). He is DUMB LOOKIN'! I had to stop the video to laugh a bit and show my wife. Just this big 'ol DUUUURRR face! Ah, but you know I would have loved him when I was a kid. Still, very big improvement with the MotUC figure! Very very big.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

must get for me love these new snake men figures

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79:3222657
    Great Review, does the Clawful mace matches the shield?
    Great question! It'd be pretty cool if it does as I only want King Hiss to have the snake staff.

Snake Face is becoming my favorite Snake Man now, until Tung Lashor (vintage please!) comes out. Great review PD!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Damn.... this year's figure of the year is gonna be real competitive!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Looks SOOOO much better than the one that was on Ebay a few weeks ago....great looking fig.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

One of the best looking figures in this line. Sooo creepy!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Wow.. I loved King Hiss.. then Rattlor and now SnakeFace. All of them are superb updates!

btw Dan: You do notice that You had vintage King Hiss staff instead SnakeFace's own in that video?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    Great review Dan
    I heard Scott mention that part about those snake tails on the regular head to you.
    That thing about them being part of the snakes that come out of his mouth and eyes.
    This might be the case with this new figure NOW.
    BUT it just never was the case with the vintage figure, that had these tails to begin with.
    They simply were part of his "hairsnakes" and actually should have been on both heads to make it true to the vintage figure. They even have the same colours (even the MOTUC version)...

I'm most probably going to attach the tails to the action feature head
    Those two red snakes coming out from under his helmet actually came out of the original's collarbones anyway...

Do you think switching both would be an easy thing, Dan?
    Hot water method?

Nevertheless I love how Snake Face turned out.
    Thanks for the review, Dan.
    Last edited by Dragonblaster; March 2, 2013 at 03:11am.
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

WOW!!! what an awesome figure ...

without doubt the most creepiest and 'horrific' of all MOTU characters (as i think ive mentioned before, as well as other folks) ...

dan - i agree, the colour scheme and paints apps are one of the main draws for me on this figure, great use of green and black (hey - bit like spencer powers ring attire! although, not quite as snakey or gruesome! )

great start to the weekend seeing this video - with all the negativity that's going around, videos like this always kick my enthusiasm back into the forefront and remind me of how cool these guys are turning out - thanks dan
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I'm really sorry to say that but this is the first figure in a very long time I am disappointed with. I'm happy for those who like MOTUC Snake Face but to me, his Staction version is superior in every way.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnster View Post
    I'm really sorry to say that but this is the first figure in a very long time I am disappointed with. I'm happy for those who like MOTUC Snake Face but to me, his Staction version is superior in every way.
    The Staction is beautiful and I agree with you, but this is classics. We were never going to get that kind of highly stylized 200x figure. It would have looked out of place among the rest of the figures in the collection. I think the 4H did an excellent job with this figure. One of the best in the line IMO. I'm sure he'll even look better in person like most MOTUC do.

I know, this time there is just to much stuff I'd wish they had done differently (helmet, feet) I'm usually the guy who is happy with pretty much everything they show to us but just not this time.

But never mind, I will get him anyway.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.