Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is Jitsu supposed to have black on his head?

I also have a charred head Jitsu

Maybe it's a sunburn
    -KTC

My FREE full-length MOTU novel:

MOTU: The Keldor Chronicles

And its upcoming sequel (which will also be FREE):

MOTU: Legacies

Quote Originally Posted by RUNgZ View Post
    I was actually admiring how nice of a touch that was to put it there. OH WELL CANT PLEASE EVERYONE isn't that right .org?
    I opened the figure yesterday and my first thought was, "Oh, cool. They shaded his bald spot to make it look like he shaves it."

I'll be getting Kevin Kosse's Vintage Jitsu Head anyway. So... No Biggie.
    "A Person Who Is Willing To Die For Someone Else, Has Nothing To Live For Themselves!"

~ Me ~

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=141117

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Mine is barely even noticeable thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    Maybe it's a sunburn
    That's what it looks like to me. Doesn't bother me at all.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by KeldorTheCursed View Post
    Maybe it's a sunburn
    Forgot to put on the sun block.

The black spot is the Lookie of MOTUC figures now! Netossa's was on the cape, Jitsu's was on his head.......did anyone find where Ram Man's spot is yet?

I don't mind the black spot on Jitsu. It is intentional and understandable on why it is there.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

I was one of the first to get my figs and have been wondering how this would go over. I noticed it right away, and while I would have preferred it not be there, mine is very light so it does not bother me in the slightest. And at first I had no idea what it was supposed to be, but it still didn't bother me, but thinking of it as stubble makes Jitsu even cooler that he would shave his head like that--and it also it makes more sense, cuz otherwise that'd be a really unusual receding hair line!

Anyway, I am surprised they did it cuz it's not really needed and I could very easily see it going very wrong if there's too much or it's splotchy, and am grateful mine looks right.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

JEEZ guys its his 5 o clock shadow. He shaves his head per his samurai code to pull off that suave "monk cut". Dont hate the playa...hate the game.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

After all these years I never knew Jitsu shaved the front of his skull.I always thought he had a cue ball head.
    Last edited by King Criss79; February 24, 2013 at 12:27am.

Heroic Warrior
    In the Matrix, waiting for the machines to release a MOTUC Strongarm to my limbic system
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizarro Kal View Post
    Had it on mine too. As the plastic is moulded in his actual skin tone, I used an alcohol wipe and was able to take the black wash off.
    Did this really work? Mine has it very bad, was even thinking of sending it back. Whats worse is that its not uniform, so he has this Gorbachev thing going on. If your techinique works I will try it, but I dont want to screw up any other paint.

Mine has the bad black paint on the head too...but I kind of like it. It makes him look more dastardly...an evil scalawag with a hideous birthmark on his head.

I kind of like it...

I've had him for a week now, I didn't notice it carded, but yeah, it's there, now that he's out....but likely to simulate stubble....otherwise, he needs to wash his dome, or wear some sunscreen....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by iumma View Post
    Did this really work? Mine has it very bad, was even thinking of sending it back. Whats worse is that its not uniform, so he has this Gorbachev thing going on. If your techinique works I will try it, but I dont want to screw up any other paint.
    It worked on my Netossa cape....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    The black spot is the Lookie of MOTUC figures now! Netossa's was on the cape, Jitsu's was on his head.......did anyone find where Ram Man's spot is yet?

I don't mind the black spot on Jitsu. It is intentional and understandable on why it is there.
    That is true, they also appear on the Blastic figures in some places, some more than others, I guess Mattel thought they'd mimic it now with paint over the plastic color....just because they thought we missed it.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

No spot on mine and hand has proper paint apps.

Yep, definitely worked. Just make sure to only rub that spot, as it will take the paint of his hair

photo.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Heroic Warrior
    Hope I don't get a poo head Jitsu!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Mine is fortunately quite light, so it's no big problem. It doesn't meet up with the hair line, though, so you basically have a shaved area and then thin line of the lighter paint beneath showing through all around the hairline, so it doesn't succeed in what it's trying to do. It just looks like he has a slightly dirty head. If it were any darker, it would be something I'd likely have to remove, but it's light enough so it isn't a big thing.

I get the idea, and it is a really nice bit of attention to detail (something I never would have thought of), but the execution falls short.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post

Yep... I guess some people aren't familiar with Samurai which Jitsu is obviously based on...
    Straight up Feudal Japanese Samurai hair style. They would shave their heads in that spot so their helmets would fit more securely. Then it became a fashion symbol of the warrior. This shows that Jitsu is one bad dude.

I used 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, small pieces of paper towel, and a toothpick. Got the job done. Taking the paper towel and wetting it with rubbing alcohol, I was able to just use my fingernail to rub most of it off and only had to use the toothpick near the top. I like Jitsu a gazillion times better without that black wash.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Snappy Threader
    Mine does not have black on his head.....My Netossa was missing the black mark as well....so either I am real lucky, or I got ripped off. No way of knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I used 91% isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, small pieces of paper towel, and a toothpick. Got the job done. Taking the paper towel and wetting it with rubbing alcohol, I was able to just use my fingernail to rub most of it off and only had to use the toothpick near the top. I like Jitsu a gazillion times better without that black wash.
    I'm going to do the same to mine, as the black spot is more on his forehead than where is hairline would be.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.