Thread: Horde arm bands - no ryhme or reason?

Horde arm bands - no ryhme or reason?

So I've been thinking about this a while but why is it some members of the Horde get arm bands and others don't? Same goes for Horde insignias and cross bows. I really wish Catra could get a cross bow and arm band, toss an arm band for Octavia and shes perfect. Anyone care to take a stab?

I for one wish every Horde member had an arm band. I put one on Keldor and Snout Spout, but I don't think one will fit on Mosquitor or Mantenna though. The ladies need one too. It reminds me of WWE's Nexus, how the whole team had arm bands to represent who they were. A sense of unity in a way. Skeletors evil warriors have no symbol to wear on their armor or arm bands, no faction or stable to represent. Plus some of his henchmen are kind of independent. Some of the snake men wear a snakemen logo, but they don't really need to because they're all...well, snakes lol. I'm not to big on the crossbows, but it would make sense for all members of the Horde to have them, not just a few.
    [CENTER]MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~*Snake Armor He-Man*~*Tung Lashor*~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~*200x King Hisss*~*Ninjor* ~Evilseed

Heroic Warrior
    I would like every Horde member, or potential/possible Horde member, to have Hordak's "red bat" symbol on them somewhere.

If the character's design never had a "red bat", for example, Entrapta, then an arm band, belt or similar with the "red bat" is an essential accessory.

As for the crossbows, while it would be great if all Horde members received one, I guess the budget just doesn't allow it. I certainly would have loved to see Catra with a crossbow, but the figure did come with two masks, a whip, sword and shield which is already an impressive number of accessories. Maybe Catra can get a crossbow in a future weapons pack?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    yeah why is that? no arm band on some of them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    I do like the idea of each Horde member having the band.

It would be great if there was one, or even better, two Horde arm bands in the next Weapons Pack so we could add them ourselves if we wanted to. Little more difficult for the ladies though since the mold isn't already made.

I wish we'd get a couple more armbands in the next weapons pack! I'm always short by at least one in my Horde display. Of all people, Hordak doesn't have one right now because I used it on Catra. I may have to steal Hurricane Hordak's armband soon because I really don't want to take away Catra's Horde garter!

To me it's fine that not every Horde member has an armband. I did give Rattlor's to Cy-chop. But Catra and Octavia seem fine without, like they were in Filmation.

On a different note I do wonder how they will give Tung Lashor his Snakemen symbol on his chest. Creating a new upper torso piece to be used once doesn't seem likely. Time will tell.....

Heroic Warrior
    Ironically, I never even noticed the armbands on the vintage toys... therefore don't have an issue with people missing them here. Catra? She has a huge horde chest plate... there's no doubt what team she's on...

Crossbows? I'm not a fan of 'team weapons' either. I want each weapon to be unique to that specific character. If Grizzlor would rather rip people apart with his claws... more power to him. Catra has a sword and a whip... giving her a crossbow that we don't associate with Catra... just for the sake of her having a crossbow, does nothing for me.

Add in the fact that i HATED the vintage crossbows with a passion. The whole spring loaded switch thing just seemed... pointless. Like it was a bashing weapon and not a crossbow... but was too short to do anything. As a Kid i never knew WHAT the heck they were supposed to be....

much like Hordak's bat shield thing.....

And EVERYTHING that the snakemen carried around

Vintage had some TERRIBLE accessories...

Since Catra was primarily a Princess of Power character, I don't think they even associated her with the Horde. It was Filmation which gave her Horde membership.

Still it could be cool to see a red crossbow for her in a future weapons pak.

Throwing at least 3 of these in a future Weapons Pak seems like a no-brainer crowd-pleaser. I'd also like to see the Dawgator FFM armor included in a Pak in different colors so you can Horde-Up other figures

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    I wish we'd get a couple more armbands in the next weapons pack! I'm always short by at least one in my Horde display. Of all people, Hordak doesn't have one right now because I used it on Catra. I may have to steal Hurricane Hordak's armband soon because I really don't want to take away Catra's Horde garter!

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/1359/motuccatra01.jpg
    Ah!!! That looks really nice!! Love it!!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post

http://imageshack.us/a/img856/1359/motuccatra01.jpg
    LMAO@Horde Garter!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LMAO@Horde Garter!
    The first time I saw that done, I immediately grabbed one of my extra armbands and shimmied it up her leg. And to this day, it remains - Catra does sexy like no one's business.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

Micro-I put an extra armband on a Mix_and-Match She-Ra I made in just the same way!. She has Catra's dress with the part above the Horde logo cut away (for that plunging neckline look).
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I think Entraptra should have one so should Scorpia.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Ah!!! That looks really nice!! Love it!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    LMAO@Horde Garter!
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    The first time I saw that done, I immediately grabbed one of my extra armbands and shimmied it up her leg. And to this day, it remains - Catra does sexy like no one's business.
    Heheh, thanks guys! I also stole the idea from someone here who posted about it and agree, Catra looks nice with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Micro-I put an extra armband on a Mix_and-Match She-Ra I made in just the same way!. She has Catra's dress with the part above the Horde logo cut away (for that plunging neckline look).
    That sounds like a fun custom, Uki, I'd love to see a pic of that! At some point, I might break down and buy up a small lot of loose figures for some quick customs. For now, everything is going towards my Castle Grayskull fund!

Regarding Horde crossbows, I don't mind that Catra doesn't have one...She looks cooler with her vintage shield and whip, IMO. Horde armbands, however, are fun to play around with. I wish we could get a polybag of five directly from Matty!