Thread: Reimagine a comic character

Reimagine a comic character

So if you had the chance to reimagine any comic character who would you do and what would you do?

Because he was brought up recently (and is in fact the reason I came up with this idea) here is my take on Venom

VENOM

Eddie Brock was a reporter for the Daily Bugle who was onto a huge stor to prove that Spider-Man was a killer for hire. It turns out that the real killer had been the known assassin called "The Chameleon" who was disguised as Spidey at the time. Eddie had been aware of this fact for some time but decided to keep it under wraps for selfish reasons. When JJJ found out, due to evidence giving to him by Peter Parker, Eddie was fired.

Later, after being turned down by several high profile newspaper companies, losing his apartment due to being unable to pay the rent and his girlfriend of several years leaving him for a wealthier man, Eddie finally gets the only job he can get. He ends up working for an underground seedy tabloid paper that admittedly pay terribly but at least they don't care about his past. Things are quiet for Eddie and he begins to worry that he will lose this job if he doesn't bring some big news to them when he gets a tip off about a robbery that has ties to the criminal organisation "HIVE", they are apparently robbing one of Stark Enterprises Research Labs. Eddie arrives in time to see them leaving in a truck and decides to follow them.

He follows them to an abandoned factory where he mnagesto crawl into the ventilation system so he can watch what they are up to. The Hive members take out a large metal cylinder / barrel marked "VENOM" on the side and they pry open the lid. It is filled with a thick black liquid

Eddie tries to move forward to get a better luck and ends up falling out of the vent and landing in front of everyone. He tries to think of an excuse to get him out of there safely but they want no witnesses. Just then Spider-Man drops down from the ceiling. It sees he had also followed the robbers and had been watching them just as Eddie had. He pushes Eddie out of the way in an effort to save his life but a stray bullet from all the guns that had begun to fire manages to catch Eddie in the shoulder causing him to fall backwards and knock over the barrel spilling the liquid all over himself.

While Spidey is busy dispatching the villains and saving the day once again the black liquid gets into Eddie's wound and begins to flow up his body and into the wound until it is all gone.

With the HIVE members dealt with Spider-Man takes the unconscious Eddie and drops him off at the nearest hospital where the doctors finding absolutely nothing wrong with him send Eddie home.

In Eddie's mind the problem wasn't tehe HIVE members it was Spider-Man. It was his fault that he had lost his job, his fault that he had lost his home, his fault that he had lost his girlfriend...well his and Parkers. Now it was Spider-Man's fault he had been shot, at least he remembered being shot but there is no bulletholes in his body to prove it.

Triggered by all these negative emotions the black liquid which, unknown to Eddie till that moment, had lain dormant inside his body was finally activated covering him in a deep black suit.

Later when Eddie had learned more control over the suit he had started to make it form a kind of stylised white Spider on his chest to, in his view, mock Spider-Man by showing that he was everything he was and better as well as a nice mouth of large fangs that he would use to bite Spider-Man's heart out with.

THE VENOM SUIT

The Venom suit is an experimental type of nanobot armour designed by Stark Industries. It is made up of billions of self replicating nanobots that are submerged in a special thick colour changing viscous fluid, however its default colour is black. The nanobots link themselves to the hosts nervous system so that they can be controlled by mere thought like the hosts own limbs.

The nano suit also grants the wearer several abilities.

1. It increases strength and agility 10 fold

2. It is able to adhere to most surfaces giving the wearer wallcrawling abilities.

3. The nanobots can stretch the molecules of the fluid or compact it. This allows them to fom tendrils or "webbing" or by compacting the fluid make it more dense and form bullet proof armour.

4. The nanobots also emit a special field that can block the wearer from radar, sonar, heat sensors and even spidey's spidersense.

5. The colour changing ability also allows the wearer to use the suit to create disguises

6. The nanobots are also capable of rapidly healing small to moderate sized wounds such as gunshots and stabs.

The disadvantage of the suit is that it can increase the weares adrenaline as well as heighten negative emotions such as hatred, anger or jealousy.

bump

nobody else want to reimagine / reinvent /rewhatever a comic character?
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 2, 2011 at 03:58pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

One of my favorite characters is "The Phantom", and while I like the suit and origin, one day I was bored and designed a movie costume(BTW: I TRACED the drawing, I can't draw at all, lol). Again, no new origin, I'd keep everything in tact, I'd just change up the suit a bit.

Think the original Grey suit with some Tron-ish purple thrown in.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

I liked the costume design so much that I decided to use it for a character in my own "Lava-Roid" comic book universe. I redesigned my very first idea as a kid: Menace, a complete rip off of The Punisher, lol. When publishing a new story of LR, I decided, well, if I never get a chance to come back to this universe (self publishing is expensive, lol) let me throw in every character I have!

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]
    Last edited by unemployedskeletor; February 1, 2011 at 11:39am.

the venom thing is pretty good, but i have a couple suggestions.

the cause for brock to have a vendetta against parker and spider-man isn't very strong. i didn't read the comics it was based on, but i remember on the 90s cartoon that brock not only lost his job, but also his apartment. i think he even developed some health problems. the way you laid out the story, it doesn't sound like there was a huge backlash from getting fired. he's still a journalist. parker may have tarnished brock's reputation somewhat but he didn't outright ruin the guy's career.

i'd see about finding a way for parker/spidey to ruin brock's life in additional ways. another possibility would be for brock to simply be unable to find a job as a journalist. he could become a security guard for the factory. he wouldn't necessarily know what goes on inside until spider-man starts tearing up the place. and spider-man could accidentally knock over the VENOM, causing it to get on brock.

the logo's appearance is too random. i know it would further tie this version to 616 venom, but it doesn't make any sense. at the very least, i'd have it show up after he's had the suit for a while.

lol the idea is to reimagine an existing character as put forth by whatever comic company said character appears in, not to reimagine my reimagine.

Still some good ideas so I made a change to by Venom bio. Oh and I must point out that this bio would be spread out over many (or at least several) comics I just condensed it down to the basic basics
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 2, 2011 at 04:20pm.

-The Hulk.

Bruce Banner is a 5 year old with anger issues. One day, his father (a famous physicist) tried to straighten his son with gamma rays. At first, the experiment seemed to have been successful, but soon Bruce had an anger attack and changed into the Hulk, a friendly giant, the defender of kids everywhere.

-The Batman.

Bruce Wayne was a rich man... now a bum. A mentally deranged bum. At night he dresses like a bat and starts to terrorize innocent people of Gotham City, thinking they are super villains. One day, he killed a clown at a local circus... the brother of chief inspector Harvey Bullock. Bullock swore to avenge the death of his brother and capture Batman, no matter the cost.

-Superman.

Clark Kent might seem like a mild mannered citizen of Metropolis, but he is much more than meets the eye. He's the best medical doctor the world has ever seen! His incredible surgical skills have earned him the nickname of Superman. The goal of his life: to cure cancer.

-X-men

X-men is a tale of Iraq veterans who struggle to overcome their traumas. Charles Xavier, a famous psychiatrist tries his best to restore their lives back to normal.

If I could reimagine a comic book character it would be Superman. I really love his origin story but I'd love a crack at giving it my own spin. He'd look pretty close to the Stan Lee/John Buscema Superman. Here he is with a Adam Hughes spin:

Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; February 2, 2011 at 10:09pm. Reason: added another pic
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

lol nice ones Grimbot. Oh and what would the spin be Piccolo?

My spin on Superman would be nothing special just some basic changes.

1 - Superman's powers would not come from the rays of the Sun. I like the original storyline were everyone on Krypton had super powers.

2 - Krypton would have been destroyed by a menace like Brainiac or Galactus.

3 - There would be more than 1 survivor but we'd find that out as the story progressed. He'd start out as the only survivor as far as we knew until Supergirl or Zod would show up.

4 - Supes would have landed in the midwest, his powers would have manifested as a child and he would have spent time with a monk learning how to control his great power, kind of like Ultimate Hulk. He'd learn how to raise and lower his physical power making it more plausible to pro-create with a human. Plus, his training would include the martial arts so he'd have a fighting style.

5 - He'd not be the first hero to appear; he'd live most of his life in the shadows. There would be other heroes who know of him but not as a crimefighter.

6 - He would make his first appearance when there was a threat so dangerous to the world that he feels that he must intervene.

7 - He would have fear of losing control of his power so he would have multiple great teachers in his lifetime.

8 - The way he learns of his heritage from Jor-El in the first Superman movie at age 18was perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

9 - He may not take the leardership role like Captain America but others would value his opinion and in some cases view him as their last hope, kind of like Thor or Hulk.

10 - He'd be a farmboy at heart that loves open fields and the tranquility it provides.

That's how I'd put my own spin on Big Blue.
    Until now.

interesting.

Ok here is my new reimagined version of the

Silver Surfer

sadly no pic this time.

In the far reaches of Space there is a massive and evil empire (think along the lines of The Evil Horde) known as "The Galactus" they go from planet to planet stripping it off all its natural resources and either enslaving or destroying its people.

One of the races that work for The Galactus are The Norrin who are master inventors. At the command of the leaders of The Galactus they created an advanced silver coloured bipedal robot with an incredible array of weaponry and abilities programmed into it. The robot also came equipped with a Hyperspace Travel Board. What The Galactus didn't know that The Norrin, who were truly peaceful at heart and hated working for The Galactus, had gave the robot an artificial inteliigence which would eventually allow it to override its main programming.

The main program of the robot was to fly to marked planets and use its super advanced weaponry to take out any possible threats such as missile bases and the like to make it easier for The Galactus to conquer the planet.

Due to this they called the robot the R.A.D.D. (Roving Attack and Decimation Droid).

Eventually tho the artifical intelligence that The Norrin had secretly placed into the RADD made it begin to question what it was and what it was doing.

Then came the day it was sent to a planet named Earth. Instead of immediately attacking it decided to study the inhabitants for a while. Realizing that the world and these ppl would be destroyed if he didn't do something he overrode his own programming and instead decided that he would turn against The Galactus and fight them using the powers and weapons they had granted him with.

No longer wishing to use the name RADD because of what it stood for the robot instead, after having learnt every known language on earth in a matter of hours, decided to take the name Silver Surfer due to his silvery colour and the fact his board looked like a human recreation device known locally as a Surfboard though he would be known to The Galactus forever as The Norrin R.A.D.D

------------------------

and also

Captain America

in 1947 an alien craft crash landed in Roswell, New Mexico. The government quickly hid took the craft away and created false reports of it being nothing more than a weather balloon, tho this would just play into the hands of conspiracy theorists.

In the craft the scientists of Area 51 discovered the remains of several Alien Life Forms. Various experiments were performed on the dead aliens, one of these was mixing alien DNA with Human DNA and growing the result in an artifical womb.

When it was 'born' the child, which had developed as a male, looked and behaved like a normal human baby and two of the scientists, who were also married, named Mr and Mrs Rogers decided to raise it as their own child. They named it Steve.

When Steve began to reach young adulthood the alien side of his DNA kicked in enhancing his strength, speed and agility to almost superhuman levels as well as granting him the ability to heal at an increased rate (tho nowhere near Wolverine levels).

The Government who had been watching Steve all his life decided that they would create a hero out of him, making him don a specially created suit. They gave him the codename

Captain America
    Last edited by wolfsfang; February 4, 2011 at 02:02am.

EDIT: a good while back a friend and I were discussing what we'd have done with Venom if re-writing him (he eventually did). These were my thoughts on the subject:

My perfect Venom? I have two versions actually which are very different characters.

The first is a little closer to the original and current. The second is an idea I’ve had for a long time based in fact on the Marvel Secret Wars figures I bought from you in my youth. First of all let’s just completely forget Eddie Brock. He always came off as a loser character that lucked up and ended up with a power that should have been used to it’s full effect rather than just a private vendetta. As Venom, he was awesome-as Brock, he was a weak character.

Anyways, I’d like to see the same origin of the costume as the original. About the only thing I’d change is that towards the end, when Peter realizes the danger he’s in, the suit would get more independent during spider-man’s battles. I’d like to see it operating independently in protecting Peter and attacking identified threats. For example: I’d like to see the suit producing it’s appendages to stop incoming projectiles or physical attacks. I’d like to see Peter grab a super villain and have the said appendages flow forth and wrap around the opponent (of course Peter is shocked by this) and use itself to throw or otherwise damage the opponent. I would not be opposed to blades but would rather not see them as I don’t feel like they’d reflect Peter’s personality during battle which is what I would consider the main driving force behind the suits actions.

I’d like to see the suit contained. Forget the bell. Let’s say Reed Richards was able to remove the suit and had it contained. It gets stolen- I don’t care by whom our how. Now we start my two different scenarios:

1. Big Venom: this version requires that whomever steals the venom suit is unable to test it and doesn’t realize the full power and how it will interact. What they do know is that it aided Spider-man and was a “boost” if you will to Spider-man. In their attempt to create a super soldier they choose someone who’s already got some power behind them (they don’t realize that spider-man’s augmented strength will transfer with the suit). They also are unaware of the psychological aspects of the suit and it’s user. They select someone appropriate (large build, some super strength, possibly some other very slight power or ability, trained fighter/soldier) as they’re looking to turn an above average combat machine into a super soldier. I’d like for this guy to have experience and be battle tested. I’d also like him to be known as a berserker type on the battlefield.

Now when the suit is introduced to him it accepts him as it’s been without contact for a while. He immediately gains the super strength (augmented by his own puts him in the 30 to 40 ton lift press range). He’s surprised by his agility and speed increase and even more so by his wall climbing ability. They put him through a training course to see where he’s at. He of course dominates it. Suit reacts to incoming threats (I.E. his version of spider sense) and he’s able to move and tear through obstacles and drones like nothing. Notices immediately that when he’s hyped up, the suit reacts to his thoughts and is able to use it to reach forward (imagine a long blast of "suit" that envelopes an object which he then is able to throw or even crush). His movements are gorilla like-not super smooth but extremely powerful and fast. He finishes the course turns and looks at the damage he was able to do, and there’s "the grin". This guy is a soldier and immediately ready for battle. At first he tries puts clothes over it but it senses his need and provides him with “clothes” and immediately he’s pretty happy with the thing. This guy is a really calm guy for the most part but goes crazy when things aren’t going his way. We’ll eventually see the “monster” side of him in the heat of battle where he “grows” (the suit of course) and tears his opponents limb from limb. The spider-man connection will be on accident. This guy will have no personal relationship towards spider-man-but the suit will remember it’s fist host and “crave(?)” him. This will cause an almost jealous effect on Venom-as he’s been named. He’ll go after spider-man but only to keep the suit from leaving him- might even have a battle end because the suit tries to leave and he’s scared to lose it. Anyway this is a version that would please me.

EDIT: I wrote this before I'd heard of or seen the "Scorpion" version of Venom. But the size and montrous look of him were almost exactly what I was imagining.

2. The second version is primarily the same as the first in origin. Suit is stolen blah blah but this time the suit is given to a trained assassin. He would have spider-mans exact strength, speed, and agility plus the “spider sense” in the way described above. He would learn to use the suit much the same way but would be much better at utilizing it than the above Venom. He would move like Spider-man and learn to web-sling. His movements would be extremely precise, blindingly fast, and show the familiar Spider-man agility combined with the assassin’s knowledge of the martial arts. This incarnation would look very much like the black suit Spider-man- no grin-only slightly different “spider” design on chest and back. The grin would first surface during a completed assassination where the soon to be victim mistakes and asks “Spider-Man?” as his killer closes in. We then see the grin with something like “No. Not spider-man.” as he closes in. The grin will appear when he’s engaged in conversation with an opponent during battle. The grin is the suit itself kinda like an excited animal happy to be playing. Any other time the face will appear as normal with only the eye design slightly different. He too will be enthralled with the suit and will experience the same reaction to Peter as the above version. Replaces all weapons with suit. Produces blades and is able to throw spike type projectiles. He will learn to use to suit so well that he’s able to not only change is clothes, but instead disguise his entire physical appearance (face included). He’s a super assassin for hire under the organization that created him but realizes his own abilities now make him far more than just a hired hand and eventually leaves of his own free will with no one really able to stop him.

Basically version one is the brute monster with ape-like agility and fighting ability. He is monstrous when enraged and is extremely powerful- almost tank-like. His own abilities, combined with the suit make him impervious to most conventional attacks.

Version two is a killer spider-man. Not necessarily “evil” but has a survivor of the fittest mentality. Stealing and killing as he pleases. He’s completely under control and is very intelligent. Basically to put it as simply as possible- a Ninja wearing the Venom suit. He’s probably the more dangerous of the two even though he’s more susceptible to attack and not as powerful.

And that’s my two perfect versions of Venom. Very different characters and it would be hard to pick a favorite. If I had to pick I’d pick the first. Only because it’s the Venom that really stands out as his own character. The second version is really a much more serious and dangerous Spider-man.

I really like your take on Captain America. It has that really cool 50's sci-fi feel mixed with the Golden Age.

Your Silver Surfer story sounds like it would be an epic comic series.
    Until now.

Two interesting takes on Venom Dice but I have to admit that I ever so slightly (and I do mean only by a little bit) prefer the second one. The idea of a guy who is like a nutso Spidey just appeals to me a bit more.

The Hulk

Bruce Banner was a brilliant geneticist and radiation scientist who in 2008 start to work for the government at their top secret research lab at Area 51. He had been hired to try and find a way to give normal human soldiers similar powers to the Human / Alien hybrid Captain America.

One of the other researchers on the project was a woman named Betty Ross, she also happened to the daughter of the leader of the project, a one General Ross. The two immediately felt an attraction for each other but never acted upon it as she kept waiting for him to make the first move and he, unlike with his work, didn't like to take risks when it came to relationships. So they continued with their work both wishing the other would make the first move.

They were both assisted by a young scientist named Rick Jones who quickly became good friends with both of his bosses

Then Bruce had a theory that would change his life forever. He extracted a piece of one of the Roswell Aliens adrenaline gland and injected it with a new compound that had been developed that would allow dna taken from it to bind with a subjects DNA more effortlessly than in the experiment that created Steve Rogers. In fact Bruce theorized that it may actually give the volunteer strength that would eclipse that of the famous Captain America.

General Ross had other ideas. While he liked results he did not like the fanatical way that Bruce went about his work, he seemed to be cutting too many corners to get to a result quicker and Ross felt that this could lead to disaster.

So came the day when General Ross informed Bruce Banner that he would no longer be working on the project.

Enraged Bruce stormed back to his lab and decided to show the General that his project should go ahead and that it was the best one the government had going. But he needed a volunteer.

With nothing left to lose and nobody else to try he decided that he would do the experiment on himself. He injected himself with a solution created from the adrenaline gland sample / compound mix and entered the final part of the experiment.

The final part was a sealed chamber that would emit extremely high doses of Gamma Radiation inside at the press of a button. Bruce has discovered a while ago in small scale tests and computer simulations that for some reason the process held together more securely when bombarded with Gamma Radiation. The Alien DNA also offering some kind of resistance to it's normally lethal effects.

So Bruce with the alien compound freshly injected into his blood set the timer on the Gamma Chamber and stepped inside.

The Chamber had just cooled down when General Ross along with Betty and Rick burst in. Horrified to see that Bruce would go to such lengths to prove he was right, General Ross fired him immediately and ordered several soldiers to escort him off the base.

Bruce was shocked. His experiment should have worked, he should be better, stronger, faster but he didn't feel any different then when he went in.

As he was being led out of the base this feeling of shock turned to frustration and anger. He felt that they were dismissing him too easily and that they should give him another chance.

That was when it happened. Somehow it triggered his transformation into a giant and muscular green beast that carved a path of destruction through Area 51 before vanishing across the desert.

Bruce woke up one hundred miles away with only very sketchy memories of what had occured. Witnesses of the attack said the creature looked like some kind of "Hulk"

HULK

Like the regular Hulk, Bruce Banner's transformation is triggered by adrenaline but there is more to it then that in this version. Unbeknownst to any of the main characters, including Bruce himself, the mixture of alien dna, compound and gamma radiation somehow caused it to mutate the sample into a microscopic living parasitic organism that made its way through his body and attached itself to his adrenal gland.

There it lies dormant until Bruce begins to make a massive amount of adrenaline due to anger, stress, fear or over exercising. When that happens the parasite feeds on this overload of adrenaline and secretes a fast acing, but also temporary, mutagenic compound that causes Bruce to transform into the creature known as the Hulk.

This version of Hulk, while being super powerfully strong is not as strong as the 616 Hulk.

When he first transforms into the Hulk he is capabale of lifting around 60 tons, running at 70 mph, leaping 200 feet straight up and 500 feet horizontally. His skin hardens to the point that it can withstand high calibre bullets (including armour piercing ones) as well as direct hits from tank shells and rockets. If it is ever managed to be pierced his super advanced healing factor that he possess in his Hulk form immediately heals any wounds.

If more and more adrenaline is produced the parasite releases more and more concentrated mutagenic secretions that will further increase the Hulks strength.

At his maximum enhanced state Hulk is capable of lifting around 90 tons, running 200 mph, leaping 1000 feet straight up, 2500 feet horizontally and his skin is now so hard that nothing short of a direct hit with a high yield nuclear device could ever hope to hurt him

decided to revive this thread with a new reimagine

a character idea that I had that is based (very loosely) on the marvel comic "Werewolf by Night".

Instead of being a human that becomes a wolf like creature during the full moon, this whole new "Werewolf" actually starts off as a regular wolf.

It was created by Vampire scientists to hunt and destroy threats to their existence but it soon came to realize that it and the other animals that were being experimented on were being badly mistreated, thanks to the fact the experiments greatly increased its intelligence. So when it got the chance it escaped from its creators and joined forces with Blade and those people dedicated to ridding the world of the vampire menace.

It's transformation is triggered by adrenaline, when under the "care" of the vampires it was kept sedated while not needed and then injected with a dose of adrenaline to trigger its transformation before being unleashed.

Now it relies on natural adrenaline and reverts back to its normal wolf form once the excitement has worn off.

Part of the genetic manipulation it went through was thanks to files "aquired" by the Vamps from the Weapon X program. With this they were able to give the wolf a regenerative healing factor like the program did with Deadpool

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Mine would be inspired by a little exchange the one time the Question met up with the Riddler, where you find out Nigma asks the stupid riddles because he's afraid of the big questions. I'd like to take the Riddler and turn him from the most pathetic of villains into really bad news for the heroes without changing his main theme.

Nigma would make a deal with Neron or whoever passes for the devil for a singular power: complete insight into the psyche of anyone he meets. His mode would still be to ask a riddle, but now he would be asking the important ones of the good guys. An example I thought of before the big new 52 switch: Nigma confronts Superman, and asks a simple question: what was the cost of his return from the dead? Through a series of events Riddler orchestrates, Superman is confronted with the possibility that the balance of good and evil may have been thrown off by him coming back, and that the events in Coast City that evolved from the Reign of the Supermen and Hal Jordan's fall from grace may have been part of the universe re-balancing itself. This would be the Riddler's new MO: to ask a question of the hero, and the answer he knows the hero will find in some way undermines that hero, giving them doubts or guilt over events or choices they've made. Rather than attacking physically, he'd be attacking them at their core, making him a very dangerous man in the DCU.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    What if Dracula suffered from hemophobia? He's an undead creature that craves blood but the mere sight of it causes him to faint. What's a vampire to do?
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    What if Dracula suffered from hemophobia? He's an undead creature that craves blood but the mere sight of it causes him to faint. What's a vampire to do?
    Visit a therapist... and then eat him.

The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Visit a therapist... and then eat him.
    He can't...he's afraid of blood.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Co-Creator of the NV
    Hence the seeing a therapist part.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    Hence the seeing a therapist part.
    Third base!

Besides, everybody knows that therapy never works. I mean, it didn't for me.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Captain America

Steve Rogers was inspired to join the Marines after the death of his grandfather, a 1940s government agent whose very patriotic attitude earned him the nickname Captain America. Now making a living as a New York City fire fighter, Rogers receives potentially fatal injuries rescuing civilians from the wreckage of the World Trade Center. To save his life, a research biochemist and intelligence official named Dr. Simon Mills administers Rogers an experimental chemical formula called Full Latent Ability Gain or FLAG which not only saves his life but also enhances his body with heightened strength and reflexes. Later recruited by Nick Fury to be a counter-intelligence agent for S.H.I.E.L.D., Rogers is issued a patriotic uniform, a bullet-proof shield made of jet-age plastics, and a mobile command center disguised a civilian vehicle. Adopting the codename Captain America, Rogers wages a one-man war against HYDRA, the shadow organization behind world terrorism.