Thread: New Valiant Comics toy line?

New Valiant Comics toy line?

David Vonner, former lead designer for Hasbro has been teasing his latest project;

These certainly look like current Valiant Comics characters;

Bloodshot

and Shadowman

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    An interesting idea, if they can ever get interest from retailers.

Problem with Valiant, it's not a known company. Stockholders forced Shooter out of the company early on(face it, Jim Shooter was nothing but a whipping boy for much of the comic industry), and ended up tanking it. They sold to a video game company for cheap, which barely used the stock Valiant stuff and made their own reboot. then Acclaim folded and sold off Valiant for pennies on the dollar, minus what Gold Key got back- which without those characters the rest of it wasn't worth much.

And even then... people recognize Turok for his video game(of which is Gold Key now) and Shadow Man is known for his video game. Making toys of the current Valiant books, with no toys of the video game versions or even classic 90s Valiant versions, seems almost like retail suicide. I know people want the Shadow Man N64 game on the virtual download networks(rather see the superior PC version on Steam or something, the N64 version was decent but not even close), but I never hear anyone talking about the comics that came before it. I think if it hadn't been for Acclaim, Valiant would have rotted away, and some of the companies best games(or rather, the games they published which were any good) were the Valiant licenses.

How do you know they are trying to get into Walmart, Toys R Us and Target? They could survive simply by being sold in online stores and via Diamond's Distribution or even DKE Toys which sells these smaller lines

IMHO its almost suicide to try to go through Mass Retail unless you are a major company with a mass media idea
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    If these look good I'll definitely be picking them up! The Valiant line from the beginning in the 90's was great, started to suffer after it got "bigger" then with Acclaim purchasing the company. The new line has been pretty stellar so far.

I have really got in to the new series. I never read any Valiant comics previously but I knew of the characters.

I started this new series with Bloodshot and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I also got Shadowman which was okay but the other series I just finished is Harbinger. Damn, that is one pretty decent comic and I highly recommend it.

Valiant is a nice change from the other superhero comics out there from Marvel and DC. If you were interested in the new series but weren't sure then I suggest you grab some of the One Dollar Debut issues when they hit in May to help make up your mind.

Plus, they may have these new toys coming soon which is the whole point of this thread