Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you pay if you needed one or two of the following figures?

What would you pay if you needed one or two of the following figures?

Listed below are several popular figures. Please copy the list to your response and next to each item, please specify what you would pay TODAY if you needed one or two of these figures to complete your collection.

SDCC king Grayskull $
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $
    He-man $
    Beastman $
    Teela $
    flocked Mossman $
    Shadow Weaver $
    Wun-Dar $
    Fisto $
    Sorceress $
    Whiplash $
    Last edited by GFunny; February 22, 2013 at 10:38pm.
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

that's hard cuz I have them all except unflocked Moss-Man and the SDCC Grayskull's which I don't really like. I would try to be as dirt cheap as possible, and really wouldn't spend more than 30 on anyone.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    SDCC king Grayskull $50
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $75
    He-man $35
    Beastman $30
    Teela $35
    Unflocked Mossman $25
    Shadow Weaver $75
    Wun-Dar $75
    Fisto $45
    Sorceress $30
    Whiplash $30

SDCC king Grayskull $25 (I just don't care for this to pay much than regular price, if I wanted him at all) I'd be just as happy with the 2010 variant.
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $25 (I just don't care for this to pay much than regular price, if I wanted him at all) I'd be just as happy with the 2010 variant.
    He-man $25
    Beastman $25
    Teela $25
    Unflocked Mossman $25 (I just don't care for this to pay much than regular price, if I wanted him at all)
    Shadow Weaver $25
    Wun-Dar $40 (because that's what I paid)
    Fisto $25
    Sorceress $25
    Whiplash $25 (I just don't care for this to pay much than regular price, if I wanted him at all)

for the ones I would buy, I would pay no more than $25 from Matty, no more than $35 from BBTS if I had extra money, and wasn't buying many.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    SDCC king Grayskull $60, although I paid much more the first time round.
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $60. Don't have. Won't overpay.

He-man $
    Beastman $
    Teela $
    Fisto $
    Sorceress $
    Whiplash $

Now... These are major characters and giant holes in any collection. In my opinion, and with my collecting style... These figures are worth whatever you have to pay to get them.

Unflocked Mossman $20+shipping
    Shadow Weaver $60+shipping
    Wun-Dar $60+shipping

I guess Shadow Weaver might depend on your view of pop/ filmation.

Heroic Warrior
    No more than $30 each.

If and only if I needed only one or two to complete my collection and considering that most of the released motuc so far are long gone may be I would pay more than $75 for the one I need.
    Right now I need Roboto and I would pay $90+shipping for him as it is on ebay, but obviously I would try to find a cheaper one. Last month I purchased King Randor 1st release for $50 final which was good considering that most of Randors are above 50 w/o shipping
    I know that you may be interested in the different prices for each figure listed but IMO, I think it is meaningless if you need one to complete a collection it doesn't matter which character you need

If I wanted them, I'd be willing to pay whatever the going price was.

Other than the Bronze Grayskull ,I got them all upon initial release. I ended up paying about $100 shipped for Bronze Grayskull and it was well worth it to me to complete the collection up to that point.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

To my understanding isn't Flocked Moss Man the rare one? Correct me if Im wrong.
    The New King of Eternia
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Generally speaking I would like to not pay much more than the original cost plus shipping for any particular figure, plus the shipping to me.

With that said each figure has had some value above that I was often willing to pay. Beastman, Sorceress I got pretty good deals on from board members.

I am still hunting one of these, and I would prefer not to mention outloud what I would spend. But will say based on an exchange between you and I, that value I gave you is what I would pay for loose and which I mentioned that not as some sympathy plea or anything. And carded maybe the median between our values.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Hard to say as I have them all except SDCC King Grayskull and SDCC King Grayskull Bronze

I suppose I would pay whatever the market value was for them if I needed/wanted them both (I have the carded King Grayskull so I have no interest in the SDCC ones)

I guess if I didn't have Teela or Shadow Weaver I would pay what I could to get them - but I would shop for the lowest prices. Since I don't need them I have no idea what they are currently going for.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by GFunny View Post
    Listed below are several popular figures. Please copy the list to your response and next to each item, please specify what you would pay TODAY if you needed one or two of these figures to complete your collection.

SDCC king Grayskull $
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $
    He-man $
    Beastman $
    Teela $
    Unflocked Mossman $
    Shadow Weaver $
    Wun-Dar $
    Fisto $
    Sorceress $
    Whiplash $
    Honestly if I really wanted them I'd be willing to pay prob between $50-100 for each one, but I don't think you'll be able to find any for that cheap. Bottom line is, sure we all want stuff at cost but that's not gonna happen, most of the posts above are not with realistic numbers of what people would sell stuff for. Even people selling full collections now know the value of the rarer figures and wouldn't sell them for that dirt cheap. I know the posts are just of what people "would" pay but I think a lot of that has to do with them having subs and having all the rarer figures already.

For the record I have all of those minus unflocked mossman and SDCC KG.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I have all of these, and I did pay less for all of these because I have collecting since 2010...but I will tell you what I would pay if I needed any of these today---

SDCC king Grayskull $75-$100

SDCC king grayskull bronze $ 150-200

He-man $ 25-35

Beastman $25-50

Teela $ $55-90

Unflocked Mossman $ 20-35 [Flocked the rare one] $100-130

Shadow Weaver $50-90

Wun-Dar $50-100

Fisto $55-90

Sorceress $45- 75

Whiplash $50-80
    Its time for Electroid Love---ARAMESH in 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by KING HE-MAN View Post
    To my understanding isn't Flocked Moss Man the rare one? Correct me if Im wrong.
    You are correct. The more common version has unflocked ears.

SDCC king Grayskull $ 70
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $ 100
    He-man $ 27
    Beastman $ 30
    Teela $ 50
    Unflocked Mossman $ 25 (edited: had $0, thought it was flocked Moss Man, which I wouldn't buy)
    Shadow Weaver $ 75
    Wun-Dar $ 60
    Fisto $ 45
    Sorceress $ 50
    Whiplash $ 45
    Last edited by Clawful Ofit; February 22, 2013 at 10:36pm.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

SDCC king Grayskull $ 100.00
    SDCC king grayskull bronze $ 150.00
    He-man $ 25.00
    Beastman $ 35.00
    Teela $ 50.00
    Unflocked Mossman $ 35.00 (The character isn't worth going crazy over, and I like him)
    Shadow Weaver $ 125.00
    Wun-Dar $ 60.00
    Fisto $ 125.00
    Sorceress $ 60.00
    Whiplash $ 45.00
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by cax16 View Post
    Honestly if I really wanted them I'd be willing to pay prob between $50-100 for each one, but I don't think you'll be able to find any for that cheap. Bottom line is, sure we all want stuff at cost but that's not gonna happen, most of the posts above are not with realistic numbers of what people would sell stuff for. Even people selling full collections now know the value of the rarer figures and wouldn't sell them for that dirt cheap. I know the posts are just of what people "would" pay but I think a lot of that has to do with them having subs and having all the rarer figures already.

For the record I have all of those minus unflocked mossman and SDCC KG.
    I would also say the individuals desire towards said figure. Fisto for me, I wouldn't pay much more than cost for just to complete the collection I had has a kid, but based on his going price I am not going to bother trying to get him.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    I would also say the individuals desire towards said figure. Fisto for me, I wouldn't pay much more than cost for just to complete the collection I had has a kid, but based on his going price I am not going to bother trying to get him.
    Good point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by KING HE-MAN View Post
    Correct, my bad ... Ill correct it
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

No more than $30 for any of them. $30, because that is just under the price I pay when I buy from Matty with shipping. I actually got a Fisto on Amazon cheaper than I did purchasing on Matty.....I was lucky. I don't believe in paying more for a figure than what they are worth, so I do not support any dealers with a high markup on collectibles. If you don't pay the high price, the price will fall......but there is always somebody willing to pay more and keep these dealers in business.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

SDCC king grayskull bronze $150

This is the only figure on that list that I dont have.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    This is me, I refused to pay $80 for MAA & Teela, and $60 for Tri-Klops before BF/CM 2011, I could have simply lived without them, sure they would have left a huge gaping hole in my collection, but to me price outweighs desire to have something. Thankfully the BF/CM sale happened and I was able to acquire them at a fraction of what Ebayers wanted. Which is why I said what I said about the SDCC KG, I don't care about it for one, because honestly would be fine paying $35 from BBTS for the 2010 variant. Maybe once MOTUC is over and MOTU fans have moved to new things eventually you can find a decently priced Fisto.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

The most "rare" in terms of numbers produced on your list is Flocked Moss Man. He was made by mistake at super low numbers and instead of pitching them, they sold it as a variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Keldor5579 View Post
    The most "rare" in terms of numbers produced on your list is Flocked Moss Man. He was made by mistake at super low numbers and instead of pitching them, they sold it as a variant.
    How rare is he? My mother got him for me on eBay for my birthday without a white mailer for 60 something dollars shortly after his release. I traded the mailer from my unflocked one to him. Is he rarer than the SDCC King Grayskulls?
    ---

Relatively new guy here (started collecting MOTUC last August). The prices below reflect how I feel about each one and the prices reflect what I would pay if I had all that kind of coin. Even if I was a lotto winner, below is what I would want to pay. Of course if I won the lotto I would probably pay more, but I would still "want" to pay what is listed below based on the fact Mattel could be doing a little better job with re-issues of majorly popular figs.

SDCC King Grayskull $50 (I have the new edition one coming and would only keep this one MOC, and it's not worth that much to me)
    SDCC King Grayskull bronze $75 (just don't like the forced uber rareness of a fig)
    ***added*** SDCC King Grayskull "spirit" $100 (I like the idea which is why I would pay a little more)
    He-man $22 (I have him and think a fig that was in stock last year and is still in stock this year, should keep the old price)
    Beastman $35 (about what I paid for mine last year)
    Teela $50 (I know she's not coming back, but she should)
    flocked Mossman $22 (the variant doesn't do anything for me)
    Shadow Weaver $22 (don't know the character)
    Wun-Dar $35 (price increase based solely on the fact Matty made this silly version)
    Fisto $65 (I WANT him!)
    Sorceress $50 (WANT!)
    Whiplash $35 (is really that rare? I'm still gonna try to find a deal on him, or a trade)
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T