Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cy-Chop Appreciation

Heroic Warrior

Cy-Chop Appreciation

Ok, so I know many people really don't like him. There are plenty of threads that cover this terrain, and we don't need a rehash here. In this thread I'd like to hear from those who do like Cy-Chop.

Personally I absolutely LOVE this figure and can't understand all the hate. I think he epitomizes what MOTU is all about and if he came out when I was a kid, he would have easily been a favorite. The ultimate test is my 5 year old son, and he thinks Cy-Chop is awesome!

So come on Cy-Chop fans, let's hear what you have to say!

Again, Cy-Chop haters need not reply. Thanks!

I like him a lot. Not of course as much as e.g. Rattlor, Draego-Man, or Mantenna. But in hand he makes such a cool figure. I totally dig him. Can totally recommend on this guy. Gave him both arm bands of my two Rattlors...to make him pop even more!

**crickets**

Kittens are delicious!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I like Cy-Chop.

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'm glad you posted this thread, I was going to make a post in some thread or another re-emphasizing the awesomeness of Cy-Chop. Seriously, this figure rocks. The design and colour scheme are just very pleasing to me, and with spymonkey weapons the possibilities are endless. I'd like to see some Cy-Chop attachments of some kind in a future weapons pak, be they Horde Prime hands, robot stuff, or whatever.
    It's a fun figure and cool character, I don't care what anybody says.

I'm a big fan of Cy-Chop. I firmly believe that had he been introduced exactly as he is back in the original toyline he'd be an extremely popular character.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I also love Cy-chop. I really wasnt expecting to from preview pics but having it in-hand turned me around. He looks bizarre in every way, almost like a vintage knockoff or a foreign-only figure. Having Horde Prime's hands make him even better and much more versatile. Hopefully they'll include orange versions in the weapons pack.

I bought a few spymonkey sets and they seem tailor built for Cy-chop, the master of cy-chopping!

NA mini-sub Supporter ! Arkangel's Avatar
    like the figure, but just can't get used to those chops.

something should be done about that

Cy Chop is great. I always find myself messing around with him. Sure his play feature scissors are a little weird and MYP looking. I really do enjoy the figure allot next to Drago Man he is my favorite of the 30th figures.

Also the Spy monkey creations set works well for him.

Heroic Warrior
    The only problem I had with cychop was the size of his scissor hands. They felt more 200x. If they were scaled down a bit they'd match the classics style better. Other than that I think he's a great addition to the MOTUC line up. Also, I realized why I love his color scheme so much...it reminds me of Nos energy drink.

In his original configuration I still don't like him. After I beefed him up with extra parts from Horde Prime (left hand and crossbow) and Rattlor (armband) and had his belt repainted, I think he is OK now but nothing more.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

I like him too, but I wish he had a goat head for some reason...

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Nope. Can't do it.

Only MOTUC I don't own. There's just so much I can take.
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - KITTRINA, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

I think he's awesome, he's my third most liked of the 30th figures just behind CGM and DM. I think he's very MotU-ish, a cool conglomeration of monster, robot, cyborg, whatever he is. Sure the scissors are a little oversized, but he's still cool.

I definitely think the figure embodies what MOTU is about, and is a crazy mish mash of figure types. I'm just not all that fussed about him. I don't have the seething hatred many have for Cy-Chop, but he's not at the top of my list, either. I think he fits in fine with the line, though.

I don't like him at all, I suppose he could look better with a solid color chest and with actual hands, but as packaged....no. Horde Prime hands, something. I'm not knocking him for those that like him, I just don't like him personally. Good for those that do.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post

I smell tapioca.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    Nope. Can't do it.

Only MOTUC I don't own. There's just so much I can take.
    As I said, please keep these kinds of comments out of this thread. There are more than enough other threads to post negative comments about this figure, whereas this thread is meant to be kept positive. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I don't like him at all, I suppose he could look better with a solid color chest and with actual hands, but as packaged....no. Horde Prime hands, something. I'm not knocking him for those that like him, I just don't like him personally. Good for those that do.
    Why comment here then? Perhaps you could respect the spirt of this thread instead of making pointless negative posts? Thanks.

I think he's great, and what's better, there's room for improvement like more attachments in weapons packs and stuff. I would love a red Horde logo that could be placed upon his chest though. Or a belt that would make him better match the Horde. But he's a cool looking figure and he fits a lot more than some of the vintage figures ever did. LOL
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Cy-Chop is one of the figures that I eventually warmed to, but it took a bit and he had to make up a LOT of ground. When he was first released I was very underwhelmed. I certainly did not plan on buying the figure, and I'm pretty sure I ranked him a Zero on the "rank the reveals" thread at the time, lol.

But eventually he grew on me, after seeing a few reviews on him (curse you Pixel Dan). So now while he is not my most favourite figure ever by any means, I do like him. I think the bio actually helped, where Kronis pulled a Jayne Cobb and booted him out of the ship when they were being pursued.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    I personally love this guy!
    love the colors, love the mix match cyber & beast, love the chrome head, love the translucent gut filled body & love his gimmic hands.
    However I strongly feel he should have come with HP cyber hands & a Horde arm band.
    I have mine displayed this way.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think he is amazing or anything, but I am surprised that he is consistently named as one of the worst figures in the line, if not the worst - because I find some others a lot worse. At least he is interesting looking; he certainly isn't as terrible as Spector.

I love him. I think he captures everything about Motu. He's a cybrog, he's got blue fur, he's got ridiculously big scissor hands. In my world he is the Horde's Freddy Krueger or Jason Vorhees. The unstoppable killer that never stops until you or he is dead. Love him.
    For Honor! For Glory! For Asgard!

I liked him even more when I saw someone with the idea that he uses the scissors to walk around, with his ruined body just hanging there. Awesome.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like him. I think the concept is great and he fits in with MOTU.

Really my only gripe with him is his deco. The colors on him are all wrong. He needs some black and red to make him look more "Horde-ish." The orange and blue deco makes him stand out too much.