Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mattel wants to know your top 3 questions for Design about MOTUC Castle Grayskull

Hybrid View

Mattel wants to know your top 3 questions for Design about MOTUC Castle Grayskull

Mattel is aiming to do an on-camera feature with Mattel Design to clarify your top three questions about Castle Grayskull. It doesn't mean they only care about three things. Instead, this is them wanting to address the biggest questions right away.

This Q&A is with Mattel Design, not the Four Horsemen.

So here's how we're going to do it. Post once and ask three questions for Mattel Design about Grayskull. It doesn't matter if someone has already posted the same question(s). This is about your top three questions.

Also, remember this is for Design. Price questions, preorder inquiries, shipping costs, etc, do not apply. This is about design related matters.

This coming Monday morning (around 9am EST) I'll close this thread, then go through and pick the three questions that the most people have asked.

Any posts with discussion or more than three questions will be deleted. Same goes for any hateful, insulting or sarcastic questions. Let's keep this constructive. Also, please post your own questions. You cannot post again on someone's behalf.

With all that in mind, please post your top three questions for Mattel Design about Castle Grayskull. Thanks!

1. Will there be slots in the throne to allow the Sorceress to sit?

2. Will there be pegs on the ledge so figure can actually stand there without falling over?

3. Can we get rid of the Windraider portal, and use the tooling / budget for something else? Like a full bodied Space suit with articulated arms?
    Last edited by RyDell; February 24, 2013 at 07:54pm.
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Will the hinge allow for the two halves to be taken apart?

If there must be a hole for the Wind Raider stand, can a cap/cover be provided so the castle won't seem to have a piece missing if displayed without the Wind Raider?

Will the dungeon cell be partially or completely removable?

Thanks

1 question, and Big'est concern. head clearence. inside the Castle.will be inproved?

2 I would like the drawbridge, to be lowered to the floor levell. and the drawbridge made longer.Possible?

3 will the top levell get bigger, by final production. it looks like it could?

Heroic Warrior
    1. When it was determined the castle needed to be scaled down why wasn't the base size reduced to allow more space in the castle and doorway?
    2. Will the inside walls be sculpted?
    3. Will the throne have a gap in it to allow the Sorceress to sit on it?

Only one question:

Is there anything Mattel is able/willing to do about the negative feedback Castle Grayskull has received? (Besides offering the ability to cancel).

Heroic Warrior
    1: Can the drawbridge be "thinned" down so He-Man can fit more easily inside the entrance?
    2: Will there be slots in the back of the throne so the Sorceress can sit on it?
    3: Will the playmat(painted area that surrounds the castle) be included in the final product?

Heroic Warrior
    1. Why won't you fix the door height? Seems easy to do, just lower it to ground level rather than having the base there.
    2. Why not cut the Windraider stand? Virtually nobody wants it.
    3. Why did you say the 4H only made the floor dungeon for fun, when clearly this was part of the original plan?

1 Are there plans to upsize in any way?
    2 Could there be things taken away to authenticate it to the old days just made new.
    3 Any chance for a secret of Castle Grayskull updated book to come along with?

I love the sculpt but there are many things that could be done to improve it all around and I love the idea of losing the raider base for something more interesting.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

1) If not already tooled, can you not design the jawbridge hinge to be at the bottom of the base, which is to say that the jawbridge when open is flush with the "Table". Clearly this would require having a depression or even a void on the cool base so that the jawbridge can open this way which would be highly desirable. To clarify, not remove the base piece entirely, it is awesome. Merely engenieer the jawbridge so that it's hinge is at the absolute nadir of the castle so when opened, it rests on the same plane more or less of the "table", and not an inch above it as it is now.

2) If the windraider base is ultimately included as planed, what are the chances of having a sort of "plug" so that if not used for the windraider stand, there is a floor covering, and not a hole in the "floor"?

3) Is it fair to assume that the interiors will be a negative of the outside, as per the original castle? If not a scultped inerior, which is fine, I would prefer a negative so at least there is detail, rather than artificially detailess interior.

1) any chance to make the jawbridge a little bit bigger?
    2) will the inside walls be sculpted?
    3) it is there going a place where u will be able to conncet a maybe future point dread?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

1. Will the "Final" Version of the castle have sculpted interior walls like the exterior? As the flat walls simply look out of place alongside the 3D sculpted wall sections; for example/such as the orb holder area; on the interior of the playset!

2. Would it be possible to extended the floors further to go right up against the opposite shell interior wall more to have more space for figure to stand when its opened up? - As right now the floors are way too small, and there is hardly enough room for 2 figures to be placed inside after all the deco items!

3. Will the Wind Raider Landing platform be sculpted to look like wood like the floors? - This would allow those of us who don't want to place the wind raider there to use this as an inside floor display area, and possibly display our weapons wrack and some figures on.
    Last edited by Replikor; February 23, 2013 at 02:02pm.

Heroic Warrior
    1. Will the inside walls be sculpted?

2. Can the Wind Raider spot be cut for another accessory?

3. Is it possible to get the dungeon grate?
    Last edited by Berserker79; February 23, 2013 at 03:08pm.

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    1) Given the actual size of the castle, the negative reaction by fans to it's positioning, and the fact that we've already been told other items may be removed from the final product, has Design considered removing the Wind Raider base? It is an unpopular and unnecessary addition to the Classics Castle that would be better served as part of an add-on pack that fans could choose to use with their castle or not.

2) While I appreciate the 4 Horsemen and Matty trying to include as much 'stuff' in the final product as possible, I feel that priority should be given to the items that were included with the original Castle before adding other pieces (like the prison walls, or the redundant Orb Holder. Can you please find some way to make the dungeon cage a part of the castle release?

3) The biggest issue fans seem to have is the clearance on the Jaw Bridge. Has Design considered retooling the hinge on the bridge so that it is part of the base, lowering the bridge to rest on the ground (rather than sitting half an inch above the ground) and giving that extra headroom for any MOTUC character to easily pass thru the doorway?
    NO RED BEAST? WE TURN BEAT RED!

My MOTU Classics Wishlist:
    Filmation - KITTRINA, Vultak, Zilora, Ileena
    Space Mutants - CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    MYP - VEENA, Evilseed, Prahvus
    Concept - RED BEAST

I'll try and keep it brief and simple.

1) Can you guarantee that the Sorceress will be able to sit on the throne?

2) The hole for the Wind Raider has had a negative reaction, mainly as it makes little sense to have it on the floor of the Castle inside. Can it be repositioned?

3) Will the door shut properly and click into place?

Thanks
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Posted from iOS app

Thank you for asking for fan input Mattel.

1. Is there any way to make the entrance bigger?

2. Is it possible to extend the width of the castle, I.E. make the fašade a little wider for a more Filmation style look?

3. Scott mentioned there will be a slot for the sword of power to be slid in the entrance. Is there any way to make it functional to make it where it actually opens the jawbridge somehow?
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Can we get more head room for figures to enter the drawbridge?

Can the Windraider stand be the first piece cut to save costs?

Can you cut the prison walls if it doesn't line up under the trap door?
    Support the 2015 Subscription Video

Action Figure Adventures: a blog about toys and everything related to them. Check out our stop motion animated series featuring 80's and 90's toys.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Can the entrance be made bigger for He-Man and She-Ra to fit through? they barely look like they can fit

Is there going to be a redesigned throne for the Sorceress to sit on? It's unfair of you to ask us to pull off her wings in order for her to sit down on it, and it's not like she's readily available for us all to buy an extra to display her with her wings on AND have the wingless Sorceress sitting on the throne. If the answer is no, then you should send all of us who have pre-ordered the Castle BEFORE knowing about her not being able to sit down an extra Sorceress so we can dismantle her and allow her to sit down.

Why is this Castle so much smaller than the dimensions that you sold us when the pre-order was made available?
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

1. Can we ditch the Wind Raider parking spot? It doesn't seem very popular. It was a nice consideration and a college try but it doesn't seem to be working out.

2. Are the measurements we saw at NYTF the FINAL measurements?

3. will the two sides open up completely ( straight line, linear, 180 degrees) at the hinge?

Widget
    My questions have to do If there are in plans in work to mold any extra tabs, hinges or holes just in case down the road fans want the castle expanded apon. Here are my examples.

If flimation traits were added down the road like the bridge that connects to the drawbridge, the way the castle is designed now.(considering drawbridge is on the short side) Would it be possible in the future that it work or not work?

If the fans decide they wanted an extra castle wall ( like the real Sorceress thrown shown in the cartoon). Would an extra side be able to be attached?

I like the wind raider base. It connects the both sides of the castle. I view it more like a floor. Any chance you can mold any tabs or holes for the option for a top second floor to connect both sides of the castle or the option for a real roof to display figures on the top of the castle down the road?

Thanks
    Last edited by webstor333; February 23, 2013 at 08:39pm. Reason: was erased

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    1. Is it too late to remove the Wind Raider plug-in, which would (presumably) enable you to lower the floor and thereby expand the jawbridge opening?

2. Is there going to be any kind of texturing on the interior walls (even if it's merely the inverse of the facade)?

3. Two questions, but both about the throne (so I'm counting it as one, LOL!): Will the Sorceress' throne have slots for her wings, enabling her to sit down, and will the candle stand that operates the trap door be connected to the throne?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

1) Can the entrance opening in some way be made larger to better accommodate figures?

2)Can the Wind Raider "dock" be moved to a spot on the top of the castle?

3)Can the height of the levels be raised to increase headroom for figures?

I was looking forward to the castle but what was shown at ToyFair has me seriously considering cancellation of my pre-order. These three questions, answered correctly, could lead to me going through with my order commitment:

1) Will the jaw bridge be lowered into the base so that head clearance increases for figures walking through the doorway? Originally we were shown an entrance through which He-Man could ride Battle Cat with room to spare. Now, He-Man alone must hunch over.

2) Will sculpt be adjusted so that the trap door actually leads directly into the dungeon? Currently, it's half in/half out and looks ridiculous.

3) Can the Wind Raider base/castle floor be removed in favor of the prison grate and/or a fully articulated robot? Nobody asked for or wants the Wind Raider slot. In fact, I would assume that most, like myself, assumed this slot would allow for the Wind Raider to fly OVER the castle, not sit INSIDE like the place is some sort of mechanic shop.

Widget
    1.) Can fans have any sort of impact on the design of the castle?

2.) What will the interior walls look like in the final product?

3.) Will the jaw bridge be adjusted in any way to allow for more height between it and the top of the entrance when it is lowered?

1. Will we get future ad on pieces in the weapons packs/or dioramas such as the weapons rack, such as a portal door that is hologram and can act as a link to Etheria, or Despondos?

2. Can we make sure the thrown seats the Sorceress with her wings attached?

3.Can there be future ad-ons like a hall of secrets chamber that attaches to the castle instead of that Wind Raider landing post?
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.