Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kind of car do you drive and how do you feel about it and why?

Master of New Adventures!

What kind of car do you drive and how do you feel about it and why?

Okay. Enough about toys, toys, toys all the time. Let's have a change of pace for a little while and talk cars, cars, cars. Specifically, what kind of car do you drive, how do you feel about it and why? What do you care most about -- horsepower, sex appeal, greart gas mileage or low carbon emissions and (please save from me it ) the evironmental/eco-friendly, geared-toward-saving-the-spotted-owl-and-future-generations-of-Mankind aspects?

For those that don't drive, do you want to get a car someday or are you perfectly content walking, biking and taking public transportation? (I know if I lived in San Francisco I sure would be.) And if you do want to get a car, what kind of car? (And yeah, I'm ready for Maserati and Ferrari dreams, so have at it.)

Whatever way -- driver, wanna-be or non-driver -- feel free to post pics of your present ride, dream ride or non-car mode of transportation. San Francisco street cars with you standing on them and waving to camera are eagerly anticipated.

It's mid-winter. Let's have some fun, orgers!!!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 23, 2013 at 04:56pm.

I drive a prius. I bought it nearly a year ago this week.

I love it. It gets amazing mileage (50mpg) but better yet I barely have to go to the gas station, which I hate, to fill up.

Plus it is very silent like a ninja.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I currently own a 2004 Chevy Impala, 2004 Ford Freestar, and a 1995 Ford Ranger. We got the family car and the mini van because of our kids. The truck we've had for a while. The neat thing about having cars that I don't care about is whenever I notice a little ding or paint scratch I am not heartbroken one bit.

My favorite car is definitely the Ford Mustang. I've owned 3: a 1969, a 1968, and a 1996. I actually had to sell my last Mustang when we purchased our first family car. My dream car used to be 1968 Mustang Fastback. But with the price of gas I'm not so sure I could afford to drive it.

I also would mind driving this (you should appreciate this Jack):

"There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

I drive a Mercury Mystique that I bought off my dad. Think it's a '96. It's there to get me places; nothing more. I honestly hate driving and wouldn't do it if I didn't need to on a daily basis.

I don't honestly feel bad about my car, though. It allows me to play my music and it does what I need it to do.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I drive a 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS. I was proud as it is my first new car. Bought it with 100 miles on the odometer with a bunch of bells and whistles. I like it, but had I to do it all over again I would have chose a different car. Everything is more expensive to fix on it. It has low profile tires and the size is kinda rare so they cost more as well and most the time they have to be ordered. They also seem to not last as long as my previous vehicles. Same for the brakes. The car was made for racing, not for a family guy. I still love it for what it is but next time I'll do a bit more research.

ok you asked

No I don't drive
    I don't want to drive
    I don't really like cars, they are just things with wheels to get you from A to B and beyond that I don't care

Quite happy to use public transport and / or walk to my destinations
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    Nothing special here......I drive a '99 Toyota Tacoma V6 Extended Cab 4x4. Original owner. Been practically maintenance-free.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I used to only drive Toyota and was very happy with them, BUT we moved to a mountain of a hill and so we bought a Jeep Liberty 4x4. LOVE that it gets us up and down the hill in one piece during the snowy/icy winters. HOWEVER, I don't really like anything else about it. Only gets 16-18mpg. 2 window motors have gone out. Both backdoor indoor handles have broken off. Gas tank had to be replaced. Just had to do $1,000 worth of transmission/ engine work myself. And the list goes on.

REALLY hoping to get back to a toyota one day. Never had a problem with them
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I own a 1974 Plymouth Roadrunner complete with Decepticon insignias. Why? Because I need a car that's as cool, as awesome, and as attention-grabbing as I am.

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; February 23, 2013 at 06:51pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I drive a Honda Civic. It's simple, reliable, gets good gas mileage, and is nice and comfortable, even for a 6'3" guy like me.
    ?1346862133.jpg
    (this pic's not my car, but looks enough like it)

It may not look it, but it's just as evil and Decepticon-y as Benny's ride
    altrumble.gif
    Last edited by Scotward; February 23, 2013 at 07:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    ok you asked

No I don't drive
    I don't want to drive
    I don't really like cars, they are just things with wheels to get you from A to B and beyond that I don't care

Quite happy to use public transport and / or walk to my destinations
    Same here. I never learned how to drive, in fact.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Nocturnal Warrior Sleeper's Avatar
    [QUOTE=Benedict Judas Hel;3218304]I own a 1974 Plymouth Roadrunner complete with Decepticon insignias. Why? Because I need a car that's as cool, as awesome, and as attention-grabbing as I am. /QUOTE]

Now THAT is a car. Love it. Awesome year too. I was around for a little over 10 months of it.
    *~*~PITTSBURGH STEELERS~*~*
    *6 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS*
    1974, 1975, 1978, 1979, 2005, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    Same here. I never learned how to drive, in fact.
    me neither. Never had any interest in it, even when I was little and all my friends couldn't wait to own cars and would watch car shows on tv and buy books about cars and do nothing but talk about cars I was thinking "meh"
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I used to only drive Toyota and was very happy with them, BUT we moved to a mountain of a hill and so we bought a Jeep Liberty 4x4. LOVE that it gets us up and down the hill in one piece during the snowy/icy winters. HOWEVER, I don't really like anything else about it. Only gets 16-18mpg. 2 window motors have gone out. Both backdoor indoor handles have broken off. Gas tank had to be replaced. Just had to do $1,000 worth of transmission/ engine work myself. And the list goes on.

REALLY hoping to get back to a toyota one day. Never had a problem with them

Almost sounds like you have a hooptie.

I have a toyota corolla.

It's getting rough around the edges but is holding up fine.

After hearing from toyota of all the document shredding and faulty this and that from them a couple years back made me "snap" so I'm done with Toyota.

What will I get next? Don't know. Don't have anything in mind. Just whatever the used car place has.

what do I look for in a car? Believe it or not color plays a part. But the main factors I look for is: is it an automatic(I can't drive a stick). is it a 4 door? hard top(don't feel like messing with up keep on the rag top). is it to big for me? is it to small for me?

Heroic Warrior
    08 silver Mazdaspeed 3. Im a few months from paying it off then no more car payments for me. I had a Mazda 3 sedan and took it for an oil change at the dealership and was talked into trading my car in for the turbo version. It drives good and has been reliable but I should have kept the sedan.
    Last edited by Bjjer; February 24, 2013 at 01:11am.

I have an 08 CRV. There is no sex appeal in that. However, I can get outta my unplowed driveway in the winter time, and that to me is gold. And I like to sit up higher, it makes me feel more comfortable and safer
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Heroic Warrior
    Currently I'm driving an 02 Ford Ranger XLT, and it's my 4th Ford Ranger. I like them because I've had very little problems with them. Ranting starting now. I'd probably still have my first one if I wasn't rear ended hard enough to push my transmission into my engine block. Or if it wasn't for frickin e-check I'd still have my second one. For the record, the only reason it failed e-check is because the computers at the e-check would turn my check engine light on and cause an automatic fail. Of course now they don't do the computerized e-check by me because it failed too many cars that would have passed and passed too many cars that would have failed. Finally I'd still have my 3rd one (which I bought brand new), if the Credit Union that gave me my loan didn't repo it after being ten days late on one payment. The only reason I was even late on it is because I was covering for someone who took a two week vacation and the hours I was working was the exact hours the place was open. They wouldn't accept a payment from anyone but me, not even my dad who co-signed for the loan. Rant over.

Other than those Rangers I've driven an 88 Dodge Shadow (first car) and that was a piece of crap, but good enough for a 16-17 yr old kid who only really needed a car to drive to school and work. Then after the first three Rangers and before my current one I drove a 98 Buick Century.

2010 Honda Fit. Wanted the utility of Divia's CRV, but didn't want to afford the price. Did a LOT of on-line shopping before purchasing.

I love it. It's so versatile and the fold down seats give me a LOT of storage capacity with a nice MPG. I typically I run 33 mpg with blended city/highway. Driving all highway 36/38 mpg depending on wind and hills.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    I drive a 2005 Pontiac Vibe and it had 28 miles on it when I bought it. It now had 90,000 some odd miles on it and I've never had a single problem other than the factory stereo which would pick and chose which CD's it would actually play or skip the hell out of and spit back out. Finally just replaced it last week with a nice Alpine deck, and lo and behold, beautiful sound and no skipping, yay!

My first purchase of a car was a 1988 V6 Chevrolet Beretta GT with 74,000 miles on it in 1996. And as much I liked the car I ended up spending more money on it than I did buying it. Evidently the previous owner never changed the oil on it even once, and not long after I started driving the car, the engine block cracked. And thus began the slow and costly rebuild with other things later LOL
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 24, 2013 at 02:50pm.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

I drive a cable van...
    But when I'm off work I use a 98 Jeep Cherokee Sport Limited... do you think they needed to add more words to it's "title"...
    He weeps, for he has but one small tongue, with which to taste an entire world!

Lots of original custom t-shirts and stickers available @ http://www.redbubble.com/people/mightyrain
    Many designs based on Masters of the Universe, Classic video games and random movies/cartoons/movies we all know and love.

So here's a link to my baby, equipped exactly as I bought it. (Sorry for the link, but as most know I'm hopelessly low-tech and have no idea how to cut and paste a photo )

I'll confess I'm a car guy -- always have been; always will be. My first car was an $1,100 used 1967 Mustang that I got when I was 18. I blew the engine because I didn't know you had to add oil occasionally. I followed that with two Mustang Mach 1s during my college years, a T-bird and a bunch of expensive cars during my time in L.A., most of which were a waste of money.

I'd have to say that my Hummer H3 is the best car I've ever had. For those that think it's a gas guzzler, the surprise is that it's a five cylinder and gets 21 mpg. It laughs at our Midwest snowstorms with its three 4-wheel drive settings and, best of all, I know my family is safe in it. It feels like a tank and rides like a dream. I'll admit I still get a kick out of turning heads once in a while and my H3 does that pretty much wherever I drive it. Looks pretty cool at night when I'm out with my gal.

http://mywidescreenwallpapers.com/wa...aper_61811.jpg

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    I recently purchased a 2013 Acura ILX and LOVE it. I really dig the look of it (I like business looking cars with some style) and all the bells & whistles that came with the technology package. Plus, so far, it's been getting excellent gas milage (averaging around 28-30mpg currently).

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I recently purchased a 2013 Acura ILX and LOVE it. I really dig the look of it (I like business looking cars with some style) and all the bells & whistles that came with the technology package. Plus, so far, it's been getting excellent gas milage (averaging around 28-30mpg currently).

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...69798952_n.jpg
    "Business looking cars"? This car looks like it means business!

Hot ride.

Agreed! Looking fine there TheShadow!

Heeeere's Olesker! You can have your hummer. Me parking that thing would be the worst sketch comedy ever, but yet your wouldn't be able to look away. Eeek!

MOTU_Maniac, my father has a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Love it, until I have to fill it up. Yikes. But better ride than the Fit.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Agreed! Looking fine there TheShadow!

Heeeere's Olesker! You can have your hummer. Me parking that thing would be the worst sketch comedy ever, but yet your wouldn't be able to look away. Eeek!

MOTU_Maniac, my father has a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Love it, until I have to fill it up. Yikes. But better ride than the Fit.
    Trust me, I get it, Judith. My 5' 3" Kim won't even attempt to drive it. She's very happy with her zippy little Huskers Red HHR.