Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What kind of car do you drive and how do you feel about it and why?

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post

MOTU_Maniac, my father has a Jeep Grand Cherokee. Love it, until I have to fill it up. Yikes. But better ride than the Fit.
    I have read a lot on the Jeep forums that my year (2006) and model of Jeep (Liberty 4x4 sport) have lots of problems. I love how it drives, especially in winter weather and up hills, but seems to have a lot of problems with window motors, etc.

I really shouldn't complain because it has saved us time and time again on the hill we live on. Other vehicles flip repeatedly (literally) going down our hill in snow and ice and we just safely drive on by with no problems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
    I recently purchased a 2013 Acura ILX and LOVE it. I really dig the look of it (I like business looking cars with some style) and all the bells & whistles that came with the technology package. Plus, so far, it's been getting excellent gas milage (averaging around 28-30mpg currently).

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...69798952_n.jpg
    Nice ride Shadow
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Master of New Adventures!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I have read a lot on the Jeep forums that my year (2006) and model of Jeep (Liberty 4x4 sport) have lots of problems. I love how it drives, especially in winter weather and up hills, but seems to have a lot of problems with window motors, etc.

I really shouldn't complain because it has saved us time and time again on the hill we live on. Other vehicles flip repeatedly (literally) going down our hill in snow and ice and we just safely drive on by with no problems

- - - Updated - - -

Nice ride Shadow
    Btw, here's a leaked slideshow of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee that will be replacing the Liberty in 2014. I think it looks angry and awesome. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo many years ago, when it was one of a handful of SUVs on the road. I loved it. Put over 70,000 miles on it and all I ever had to do was change the oil.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014...release-photos

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    Btw, here's a leaked slideshow of the 2014 Jeep Cherokee that will be replacing the Liberty in 2014. I think it looks angry and awesome. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo many years ago, when it was one of a handful of SUVs on the road. I loved it. Put over 70,000 miles on it and all I ever had to do was change the oil.

http://www.examiner.com/article/2014...release-photos
    I agree. It looks awesome. I got an e-mail from the Jeeps Forum last night with pics.

I know several people that are die-hard Jeep owners, but even they tell me that 2006 was a BAD year for Jeep Liberty as I have had to take it in 4 times in the last 2 years for various recalls on top of all of the other problems I mentioned previously. Just wish I knew that before I purchased my 2006 Liberty.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I drive a 2010 Hyundai Elantra. It's pretty good. I've only had it for a little over a year. So far I like it better than the 2002 Ford Taurus that I was driving before hand (which I got rid of due to having too many problems with it).

That being said, I'm really not much of a "car guy". If the car can get me from point A to point B in a reasonable, comfortable manner (with that comfort including heat/air conditioning, and to a lesser extent radio, etc). Honestly in general I consider cars to be money pits. If there was a more substantial public transportation system in the Chicago suburbs, I would opt for that rather than my wife and I having two cars (we could at least go down to one). Neither of us has a very long drive to work, but we can't realistically car pool since we work in completely opposite directions from our place, and my job is such that while I generally work the same hours Monday - Friday, if some kind of emergency or project comes up, there are times where I have to be at work in the evening or on a weekend.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Heeeere's Olesker! View Post
    I followed that with two Mustang Mach 1s during my college years
    While I ultimately became more fond of 60's Mustangs, particularly '68, it was a '71 Mach 1 that sparked my love of Mustangs. A friend of mine in high school had one fully restored. It was yellow with black louvers, spoiler, and decals. Most of my friends would honk their horn to get my attention when they were outside to pick me up. He would rev the engine.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    While I ultimately became more fond of 60's Mustangs, particularly '68, it was a '71 Mach 1 that sparked my love of Mustangs. A friend of mine in high school had one fully restored. It was yellow with black louvers, spoiler, and decals. Most of my friends would honk their horn to get my attention when they were outside to pick me up. He would rev the engine.
    My first Mach 1 was a 1968. I remember is was Jade Green, had a black hood and chrome latches on the hood -- like it really needed latches to stop the engine from leaping out. I was nearly cited by a police officer because so many college girls kept leaping into it while I was driving that I was greatly over the Room Capacity limit.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 25, 2013 at 02:51pm.

2012 Honda Civic ((Gun Metal Coupe, LX model)), my first new car. Loving it so far. Has a sports/coupe look and good milage. Digging the full color display for the ipod hook-up. Perfect for looking at the logos for Roast Gooble Dinner/Masters Casts podcast when I play them in the commute.

I drive a 2007 Toyota Yaris hatchback. I was looking for something with better gas mileage (I had a 1989 New Yorker) and bought out of necessity. I totaled my previous car in a head on collision. It took a long while before I was ready to drive again. I saw headlights every time I closed my eyes, and had nightmares for months. Walking to work is fine in the summer but it gets dangerous in my neighbourhood at night. Well, previous neighbourhood. I moved 4 towns over and have no choice but to drive. Transit would take over 2 hours where driving takes 45 minutes each way. I walked to the dealership one day, and drove home. I love my little car...except for when it snows. It sits low to the ground, so I get stuck easily.

1986 base Pontiac Trans Am rebuilt into replica KITT of TV's Knight Rider with extensive modifications, mechanical and otherwise:

Partial list of work done includes rebuilt and updated electrical system, new engine, rebuilt transmission, replacement of analog gauges with digital, integrated voice command and response system, engine compartment overhaul, addition of xenon foglamps and conversion of foglamps to alternate front turn signals. My KITT was also featured on display at the Philadelphia Phillies 80s Retro night in 2011.

As to why I drive this car, it's simple. Life is short, go for what you want. Let no one tell you "no" or "you can't do that". I wanted a KITT ever since I was 3 years old, so that's what I got. None were available for purchase, so I made one.

Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    1986 base Pontiac Trans Am rebuilt into replica KITT of TV's Knight Rider with extensive modifications, mechanical and otherwise:

http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/kitt01.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/mkitt01.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/mkitt02.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/kwed.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/jkitt01.jpg

Partial list of work done includes rebuilt and updated electrical system, new engine, rebuilt transmission, replacement of analog gauges with digital, integrated voice command and response system, engine compartment overhaul, addition of xenon foglamps and conversion of foglamps to alternate front turn signals. My KITT was also featured on display at the Philadelphia Phillies 80s Retro night in 2011.

As to why I drive this car, it's simple. Life is short, go for what you want. Let no one tell you "no" or "you can't do that". I wanted a KITT ever since I was 3 years old, so that's what I got. None were available for purchase, so I made one.

http://www.80sknight.com/pkitt/pkitt01r.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/pkitt/pkitt02r.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/pkitt/pkitt03r.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/pkitt/pkitt05r.jpg
    http://www.80sknight.com/pkitt/pkitt10r.jpg
    What an AMAZING beast!!! Too cool!!!

Sweet! You have officially outgeeked us all. And I mean that as a compliment.
    Last edited by FAKER II; February 27, 2013 at 11:25am.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Thank you all! BTW, if you were wondering what was going on in this picture...

...well... Mrs. Montork wanted one too... so...

I get to do another one.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Digging the full color display for the ipod hook-up. Perfect for looking at the logos for Roast Gooble Dinner/Masters Casts podcast when I play them in the commute.
    Sweeeeeeeet!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Nice Knight Rider there.

I drive a 2007 Dodge Caliber. I got a really great deal because I got a preowned price on it even though it had a mere 20 miles on it.
    I've enjoyed it thus far, it's held up pretty well, and the one issue I ever had (A fluke fuel pump failure which was replaced) was under warranty.
    I have to get the brakes checked on Friday if I can get into a garage, as they're getting low. But I've driven on a vacation to Myrtle Beach in it,
    I've joyridden throughout the State in it. I've gone to ConnectiCon, Harbor Yard, and Mohegan Sun Arena in it for various events. It's been great.
    Even 5 (6 come November) years later it runs very quiet, and I still geek out about the Soda cooler built into the dashboard. Handles corners like
    a dream, and you don't even have to gas it a lot to get up to speed. HWY driving doesn't use much fuel I probably gas up once a week.
    If anyone needs a decent used car to get around town every day I'd recommend it. Plus it's a wagon/hatchback convergence so it's nice if you ever
    have to move. If I had any nitpicks it's just that the blind spot sucks, so expect to look behind you before merging. Not mine, but here's a pic:

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

My daily driver is a 2012 Ford F-150 4x4 with a 5.0. My favorite part of this truck is the electronic locking differential. It is every hillbilly's dream. All you have to do is pull the 4x4 knob and you have instant posi traction. The 5.0 produces tons of torque and sounds good while it does it. 6 1/2 foot bed is perfect for hauling 4-wheelers or your "best friend's" stuff when he needs to move. The best vehicle I have ever owned.
    2012150.JPG
    My farm truck is a 1979 Ford F-100 with a 300 straight six, c-6 ****** and 9 inch limited slip rear end, it also comes complete with manual brakes and manual steering. The truck is indestructible. This is where Built Ford Tough came from. When the end of the world comes and everything is burned to oblivion you could hop in it, fire it up, and drive off. Where you would go I don't know since the world is destroyed.
    It is my humble opinion that every car is useless. Everyone should drive a truck.

I have a motorcycle that I ride to work and on the weekends:

2008 Yamaha FZ1, and when I'm not on it, you can find me cruising with the whole family in our Honda Odyssey!
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/jkitt02.jpg

I get to do another one.
    Seriously, have you ever considered doing this for a living or as a lucrative side endeavor until it really takes off? You could create a killer cyber-brochure with pics of what you've done, and post it on all the Pontaic Trans Am forums and clubs, such as http://en.pontiac-club.com/forum-cat...ac-trans-am-15

and

http://firebirdtaclub.com/. There are tons of others out there.

There's big bucks in conversions. You just know that anyone and everyone that has a rans Am loves KITT so you've got a large and friendly potential client pool. Man if I had a Trans Am I'd hire you to customize mine in a New York Minute.
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; February 28, 2013 at 12:39pm.

Cool thread!

IMG_0133.jpg

Specs:

Make: GM Holden
    Year: 2010
    Model: VE SV6 Sportwagon
    Engine: 3.6 Liter SIDI (Spark Ignition Direct Injection) V6 @ 210 Kilowatts/350Nm
    Transmission: 6 Speed Auto w/ Selective Shift
    Colour: Voodoo Blue

Basically, Holden is an automotive manufacturer in Australia and is nowadays a subsidiary of parent company General Motors in the U.S. The ties btw the two have been there since 1931.

With this car, it's the first time i've owned anything with less than eight cylinders in over ten years. I have to admit, i quite like it so far. Though i'll always maintain ~ as the old saying goes ~ there's no substitute for cubic inches...

This is my daily driver, my runaround or whatever you like to call it. Does the job like a jack-of-all-trades so to speak where i can get from A to B, drive ppl and tow/lug around more than i could in a sedan. It has ample room both head and leg-wise which is great for taller ppl and is quite smooth and comfortable to drive. Has a half-decent sound system (it'll have new speakers soon thanks to the audiophile in me). The touch screen interface display is the hub of the technology side of things inside the car as things ranging from audio to GPS to bluetooth to reverse camera etc... run through it and it's pretty straightforward to use. Creature comforts like rain-sensing wipers, climate control, cruise control etc... are all standard features.

She has more than enough power for a V6 on tap so there's no complaints there. Runs on regular unleaded fuel and also E10 which, i guess, helps reduce carbon footprint and overall fuel consumption too. Selective Shift can be fun when bored of the normal auto, which works like a clutchless manual. Wide tires means more grip on the road and she definitely handles well in that department. Looking to make a couple of cosmetic changes but other than that, i'm happy.

Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

http://www.80sknight.com/mykitt/jkitt02.jpg

I get to do another one.
    Do either of them have evil windshield wipers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    Do either of them have evil windshield wipers?
    Lol, no. Both of them are replicas so no evil wipers here! A friend of ours does own one of the cars actually used on the show though... so....

Lol, no. Both of them are replicas so no evil wipers here! A friend of ours does own one of the cars actually used on the show though... so....
    Uh oh! He better be warned! The windshield wipers were very evil! (It didn't come up much on the show, though). They could one day, years from now, sometime after New Years 3000, be used as part of a really really evil car!