View Poll Results: What color do you want the FILMation Evil-Lyn to be?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • #1 (Cream-colored/Caucasian)

80 86.96%
  • #2 (Yellowish-other-worldy)

12 13.04%

Thread: FILMation Mini-Sub - Evil-Lyn - Cream or Yellowish?

FILMation Mini-Sub - Evil-Lyn - Cream or Yellowish?

This was kind of a difficult poll to word, because there seem to be many different types of screenshots out there (and of course, all will be off depending on your monitor, etc.) but essentially -

Do you want the Evil-Lyn in the new FILMation line to be more (#1) cream colored (Caucasian) or (#2) have a yellowish-unearthly tint?

#1)

evil-lyn.png

#2)

718765-5693301-Evil-Lyn-no-helmet-2.jpg

I think it obvious she is inteded via cartoon to be what we would call caucasian

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Number 1 for me.

Evil-Lyn should be more of a traditional cartoon-caucasian color... not quite as "pink" as Teela, but definitely not yellowish or too tan.

Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Cream. That's the way I always remember her In filmation

Heroic Warrior
    Cream. I re-watched the entire Filmation series again sometime last year, and I believe the instances of her looking distinctly yellowish are relatively rare.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    spot on filmation colors
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Anything that is not Springfield Yellow for Evil-Lyn is welcome. Also, the Filmation EL DOES NOT SHARE clothes with Teela... Extra plus.
    I wish she'd get two capes. A Normal cape and one that can look like this
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

She's mostly cream colored in the cartoon (anything else I would consider an error), so I would expect the figure to match that. Maybe there could be an "animation error" chase variant where she's yellow...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'd go with option #1...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

She should look like the toon. I'm not particularly interested in her (or the line as a whole), but that's how she looked, that's how she should arrive.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Oh Good, I'm glad at both the replies and the poll results LOL.

Since over the years people have argued that the yellow is accurate, as well, I was honestly a little worried.

I agree, that's how I remember her, that's how I think she was intended - so I hope that's how she comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    Since over the years people have argued that the yellow is accurate, as well, I was honestly a little worried.
    Yeah, it's kind of funny. The original figure was very yellowish, so a yellow CLASSICS remake would be accurate. But a FILMATION version should look 'cream-ish', just like the 'toon. It's simple ABC logic, but you never know.
    Last edited by DC_WARLORD; July 20, 2015 at 07:28pm.
    Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Yellow is Toy, Cream if Toon.

I will be ****** if i waited for all these years and Filmation EL, just looks like another damn Twinkie in a new wrapper.

I can live with Jandice-Lyn as the Classics toy, but not Filmation.
    Recent.... Spirit of Grayskull
    Coming....
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Jitsu, Perfuma, Masque, Crita & Vultak
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor & the new Filmation line.

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

all these years waiting for a filmation colours evil lyn. - CREAM

Then a Meg Foster Version Please!

I want her to be a cream colour, but she's quite pale in comparison to Teela. Make her look like she doesn't get out in the sun much.
    Myaa!

I do love the yellow Evil Lyn but that is the toy version. Cream Lyn is the cartoon version and that is the one I would expect in the Filmation line.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior
    Mmm, cream. I'm down for sweet sweet cream.

That said, perhaps she does have a very slight yellowish tint to her skin, as some light skinned non-Caucasian people have? In other pics, she appears to have a slight olive skin tone, at least, compared to Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Number 1 for me.

Evil-Lyn should be more of a traditional cartoon-caucasian color... not quite as "pink" as Teela, but definitely not yellowish or too tan.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...striumph13.jpg
    Last edited by Etherius Eterno; July 22, 2015 at 09:30pm.

Heroic Warrior
    I voted for example #2; Evil-Lyn in FILMation had a yellowish tint to her skin. It's not as yellow as the First, or classic vintage Evil-Lyn, but it's not exactly Peaches and Cream.

If the whole point is to look as close to FILMation as possible, you gotta go with the kinda-but-not-quite yellow.
    It's all been done before. Everything to say has already been said. Do me a solid and pretend I posted something witty and original here

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Number 1 for me.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...striumph13.jpg
    I would agree with your assertion. While in the toon she's not outright yellow, her flesh colored skin does have a hint of yellow compared to others.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove