View Poll Results: Snake Mountain's Snake Deco - Green OR Stand Alone Dark Purple ?

67. You may not vote on this poll
  • GREEN - I Want Variation In Colours !

55 82.09%
  • Stand Alone DARK PURPLE - I Want More Realistic Look !

12 17.91%

Thread: Snake Mountain's Snake Deco - Green OR Stand Alone Dark Purple ?

Snake Mountain's Snake Deco - Green OR Stand Alone Dark Purple ?

It was awesome to see the Snake mountain reveal in SDCC. However, the green deco on the snake makes its somewhat underwhelming ! The deco not even Filmation OR 200X based. Stand alone, dark purple scheme could have made SM more realistic & sinister looking. But the green colour deco makes it look more cheap, toy-ish look. However, since Mattel told us that they would listen to our concerns, I am putting up a poll here. There is plenty of time remaining for this to be made. So I guess they can do this change easily !

So, Which Colour Of Snake You'ed Like To See In Snake Mountain ??
    In My Canon, Skeletor Has No Duck Feet !!!

Puerto Rico
    I voted Green because it creates a slight color variation and it gives off the idea that the rocky cover may crack and reveal the Eternian version of the J÷rmungandr: Serpos. It's not accurate to any source, but it makes the snake Pop...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

Barcelos, Portugal
    I think the deco shown at SDCC is perfect!! Its a mix with the vintage playset and the cartoon so I love it as is

New Bedford, MA
    I LOVE the vintage playset, so I'm glad they decided to color the snake green. Keep it as is.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Heroic Warrior
    I think people nit pick the silliest things..

There are plenty of shots from the cartoon that show that the snake of Snake Mountain is green. What are we talking about here?
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
    Well green. Wasnt the playset snake green? Give me Green.

I believe that the snake was rock in the other media appearances which prompted this poll, but I didnt even know what they heck you could have been asking until I read the replies a bit.

Of course the snake looks great green, though now I understand why you ask. However I think they made the correct choice, and you can always paint your snake yourself if you like. I am sure some people will. Closer to the original set detail. I totally approve and appreciate the MOTUC Mashup style and this is tops.

Interesting. Seems so far this is as lopsided a vote as the FILMation figures ones. I am in the minority - I agree with the OP - it makes it look way too much 'toy like' for my preferences - I would have much rather a more stylized snake in purple like 200x and at least dark green like FILMation had.

I do find it interesting though as the previous poll going for a few years about Snake Mountain showed an extreme preference for the FILMation version and not the vintage toy, so I was a bit surprised they did it this way to begin with.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    It was great to me as shown.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

The Woodlands,Tx
    Greeeeeeeeen! I love it as-is.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Edinburgh, Scotland
    GREEN, like the original toy and the Filmation cartoon.