Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Filmation Secret Accessory

I don't think it's Sea Hawk. Sea Hawk is a far more prominent and important character than Batros, Icer, or Shokoti. If Sea Hawk was in the sub, there's no reason why Mattel would refuse to tell fans when he's a bigger incentive to buy the sub than any other character announced for the sub. In addition, it would make zero sense to make one of the few Filmation POP A-Listers as a sub-only figure that wasn't even promoted with the subscription drive.

I think the figure is more likely someone lame like Brownbeard or even Sea Hawk's father.
    Check out my blog, Toy Review Daily: A New Toy Review, 366 Days a Year! http://www.toyreviewdaily.com

Quote Originally Posted by MaxGoof View Post
    I don't think it's Sea Hawk. Sea Hawk is a far more prominent and important character than Batros, Icer, or Shokoti. If Sea Hawk was in the sub, there's no reason why Mattel would refuse to tell fans when he's a bigger incentive to buy the sub than any other character announced for the sub.
    Don't be so sure. I'm a MOTU fan since childhood, and I know who Shakoti and Batros are by name. I only recently came to know who Sea Hawk is. I'd say one-off characters from MOTU (like Batros) are probably better known among collectors (who are predominantly male) than multi-episode characters from POP (like Sea Hawk).

maybe. but sea hawk is second only to shadow weaver in my filmation original characters desired and i am motu before pop. specifically because they are real characters and not just 1 hits. maybe i am a freak.

i feel like sea hawk is a main line toy slated for motuc. one could argue shokoti is obvious for main line release appeal but then id argue she was used as sub line sales appeal.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    maybe. but sea hawk is second only to shadow weaver in my filmation original characters desired and i am motu before pop. specifically because they are real characters and not just 1 hits. maybe i am a freak.

i feel like sea hawk is a main line toy slated for motuc. one could argue shokoti is obvious for main line release appeal but then id argue she was used as sub line sales appeal.
    Couldn't agree more my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    Couldn't agree more my friend.
    If any accessory could be said to be 'iconic' in defining a particular Filmation character I've gotta go with Seahawk where that cutlass is concerned. Lots of great debate and guesses, but this is Seahawk through and through. If I'm lyin I'm dyin.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    If any accessory could be said to be 'iconic' in defining a particular Filmation character I've gotta go with Seahawk where that cutlass is concerned. Lots of great debate and guesses, but this is Seahawk through and through. If I'm lyin I'm dyin.
    Oh I know, I think it is Sea Hawk....but I do feel like he would have been well suited for the main sub.....

While I'm not familiar with the character of SeaHawk, partly because I never really got into POP as a kid, except the villains, I do believe this will be one of his swords. Maybe other opinions here have swayed mine, and I would much rather see his with the more technical blue handled light saber than this version but hopefully he'll come with both. Given the semi generic sword sculpt it could be an accessory for almost any relatively short lived filmation character from Pludor to Lizard Man. Is the sub supposed to be a 50/50 mix motu and pop? Or will it be more like the current sub with just one or two pop characters?

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Thanks, JoeyC! I always appreciate it when someone recognizes my good looks.

http://wiki.urbandead.com/images/8/8a/HandsomeDevil.jpg
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Week 5, polls 17 vote for
    Colonel Blast

Its pretty obvious : thats a typical pirate sword ! I hope and (pray) its sea hawk !

and I agree with wakko : shokoti and batros are as important (and iconic characters) as sea hawk, plus why thers still a lot of fans that consider sea hawk a pop character ?? He's not, he belongs to filmation.... pop refers only to the vintage toy line (in my world I guess! )
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

I thought Filmation main characters like Sea Hawk and Madame Razz would be released in Club Eternia and the other high demanded characters (like Strongarm, Tataran, Huntara, Batros, Granita, Evilseed, Icer, Shokoti), in Filmation Subscription...
    So, the sword could belongs to Blackbeard...

What about Lizard Man ? Is he a main Filmation character or a secondary one ?

Heroic Peace Officer Eternian Knight's Avatar
    Didn't Lizardman have a sword like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Knight View Post
    Didn't Lizardman have a sword like that.
    No, no..I asked about if we can consider Lizard Man as a main Filmation character or a secondary one ?

Of course that sword is not for him !

People keep talking about "main" and "secondary" FILMation characters as if the FILMation sub will only carry the latter and the main sub will only get the former. Yes, Batros, Icer and Shakoti are one-episode wonders, but that doesn't mean the rest of the characters will be. Heck, Shadow Weaver was a "main" character, but Fang Man and Octavia were 1 or 2-episode wonders and were in the main sub. I don't think there's a rule at all. The sub is just there to get FILMation characters (both main and secondary) out faster.

And while I'm clearing the air and on my soapbox: the FILMation sub will feature both MOTU and PoP characters, both heroes and villains, but nowhere has ToyGuru promised an even mix of each.

Finally: the sword belongs to Sea Hawk. Let's stop debating that obvious point.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the Filmation sub was created just for that reason...Filmation. I think the main MOTUC line will focus more on vintage figures that are left. Many people just collect the vintage characters. So, having the Filmation sub, kills two birds with one stone. Give the hard core vintage collectors what they want ie Ram Man, Jitsu, Snake Face, Clamp Champ, Mantenna, and the New Adventures stuff too. While those who also want the Filmation stuff can get that sub too. I wish we had a POP sub too to make sure we got all the POP figures.

Many people have complained about the main sub and its variety. They feel trapped in buying it, even though it has figures they don't really want because the figs are not the classic vintage figs. If the main line goes back to that, that would encourage people again to buy the sub. The Filmation sub is great. I do think Sea Hawk is coming. I think it's "safe" to put him in the Filmation sub since many people see him as a She-Ra "friend" and not really one of the MOTUC vintage figs.

I think it would be really weird to place Sea Hawk into this Filmation line considering we have Fang Man and Octavia in the regular sub. With his massive appeal and appearances Sea Hawk should get a regular sub slot, cause I think we are going forward with the sub line again and the fear of the line dying is less a reality, as these newest reveals and reactions are showing. In addition to getting the must haves, we are now getting the most requested. I feel the line is gonna push forward and continue. Last year was a wake up call to Scott to get things in order and in the right way. Despite the Castle, we are looking good and the upcoming figures are looking STRONG to make me believe we may make it to at least 2016. I think the remaining 3 will be heroes, yet Sea Hawk not being one.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

I still don't think its Sea Hawk. I'm pretty sure highly demanded figures like him, Scorpia and Lizard-Man will be reserved for the main subscription.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    People keep talking about "main" and "secondary" FILMation characters as if the FILMation sub will only carry the latter and the main sub will only get the former. Yes, Batros, Icer and Shakoti are one-episode wonders, but that doesn't mean the rest of the characters will be. Heck, Shadow Weaver was a "main" character, but Fang Man and Octavia were 1 or 2-episode wonders and were in the main sub. I don't think there's a rule at all. The sub is just there to get FILMation characters (both main and secondary) out faster.

And while I'm clearing the air and on my soapbox: the FILMation sub will feature both MOTU and PoP characters, both heroes and villains, but nowhere has ToyGuru promised an even mix of each.

Finally: the sword belongs to Sea Hawk. Let's stop debating that obvious point.

Hey, hey !

First, I did not create anything ! I heard about that Filmation sub would be focus in 'secondary' characters....so, it's still possible we have Sea Hawk and Madam Razz in Club Eternia.

Second, Fang Man and Octavia were announced months before Filmation Sub !

On the other hand, as I said early, I still think that sword belongs to Sea Hawk !

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I still don't think its Sea Hawk. I'm pretty sure highly demanded figures like him, Scorpia and Lizard-Man will be reserved for the main subscription.

That's what I heard when Filmation Sub was announced !

The Filmation sub is for "Fan Demanded" Characters and I for one think Seahawk is Fan Demanded.

Sea Hawk fits right with the the rest of the recognizable line up, also makes sense why they won't sell him day of sales.

If Shadow Weaver can be an exclusive used to sell subs, why can't Sea Hawk?! She's way more popular than he is. I think he's a great Filmation Sub exclusive. Now if they'd just hurry up and get to the good stuff...........like Plundor!

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I find it hilarious and annoying at the same that there is a debate about this. Of course it's Sea Hawk. As for Filmation figures who the **** cares if they show up in the main sub or Filmation sub as long as we get them. It has been said there is no rule so why the debate? I swear some can get the answers to a test and still argue about if they are the right answers to the test.

P.S. Yes, they need to hurry up with Plundor.
    SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.

UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Now if they'd just hurry up and get to the good stuff...........like Plundor!
    Now, we're talkin'!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    P.S. Yes, they need to hurry up with Plundor.
    The people have spoken, Matty!! Release the Bunny!!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

I think Mattel will release Plundor...maybe next year ???

Also, Mattel should keep a high demanded character like Scorpia for sub exclusive (like Shadow Weaver in 2012).

Since I'm getting m favorites Batros and Icer I hope that Lizardman is also coming.

Also we were shown 3 villains hopefully the next 3 are good guys.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I still think it is Sea Hawk but it does worry me they wouldn't want to announce him. I assume it would have sold more subs. Its the same reason why i really believe there is no possible chance Scorpia is in this sub. She would have been a huge hook to sell more.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."