Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: She-Ra 2.0 (Bubble Power) discussion thread (Q4 2011 extra)

She-Ra 2.0 (Bubble Power) discussion thread (Q4 2011 extra)

http://popculturenetwork.com/article...01102141045435

After watching Dan's video interview with Scott, I'm not only thrilled with the figures announced through August, I'm also super excited for the updated She-Ra to be released on the same day as Swift Wind.

According to some of the points Scott could remember,
    1) She'll be using a new female buck that will be made from Battle Ground Teela and other 2011 female figures.
    2) She'll have a softer skirt and
    3) more poseable legs to help her ride Swift Wind better
    4) she'll be a tad shorter than the current She-Ra!
    and
    5) she will only come with one head- a new unmasked head with no hole and a vintage toy mask that clips on. If you want to use the Filmation head, you'll have to take it from the 2010 She-Ra and pop it on this She-Ra.
    6) this figure will be an extra figure and NOT included in the subscription.

Yes, we will have to pay another $20+applicable shipping, taxes and customs on her but I am still very excited. Nothing is really flawed about the initial She-Ra figure so in no way does Mattel owe me a free She-Ra replacement. I'm just so glad that Mattel and the Horsemen recognized that improvements could be made on such a popular figure and were willing to put the effort and slot up for this figure and won't be sacrificing the design of Swift Wind just to accommodate the original She-Ra figure.

Thanks!

Sucks that we will have to buy her separately. She will be worth it though.

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    Not to be the Debbie Downer, but does this count as one of our 4 females for 2011? If so, FAIL! Mattel, it's not really fair of you to take a potential "new figure" slot for an "I'm sorry" figure. Hopefully, I'm overreacting, but still LOL...
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The way Mattel have managed She-Ra and Swiftwind is horrible. I knew when I get She-Ra that it was imposible that figure to ride properly over Swiftwind (rigid skirt, she can´t even open legs), so now I have to spent more money on a new variant... (Im happy to see how well planned is the line - I see the same problems with rigid capes with He-Ro and King Grayskull, so they can´t ride their mounts and we´ll have to spent more money on ridable figures).

But Mattel is happy enough with this and they re-release the same joke-Shera in ther DC VS MOTUC pack, in order to make people spend money in a useless toy...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I just dont understand why they cant include both heads? I've got the first one and wanted to display both heads so it doesnt matter to me but many people missed the first and many would probably have preferred the filmation head so what are their options? Buy the She-Ra that cant properly sit on Swiftwind for the head and then buy the new She-Ra to use that body?

Just seems that they could have thrown us a bone and given both heads. Hopefully when she is released, both heads are included. It might also be nice for MOC collectors if they had the Filmation head placed on the body in the package.

Otherwise I'm super happy for another one. Ive got my original and was unable to buy more on sale day since she sold out so quickly. Now I'm glad I couldnt get extras since we will be getting an improved one.

Also very glad she is a bonus and not one of the quarterly variants.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Most of the improvements are quite exciting and awesome (and I will definitely be buying this one), but I'm not big on the shorter She-Ra...she was always the same height as the men, and the next part really upsets me:

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    If you want to use the Filmation head, you'll have to take it from the 2010 She-Ra and pop it on this She-Ra.
    NO!

She-Ra is supposed to be the same skin colour as Adora. The current She-Ra we have is WAY too dark skinned. It sounds like they will be releasing another "ultra tanned" She-Ra.

He-Man was tan, She-Ra was not. This blows. Why do they keep doing this?

Just include the already tooled, Filmation head and make her the same skin tone as Adora. FIXED! I mean, come on. They OWE this to everyone who bought the "can barely move, nearly impossible to head swap" version.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; February 15, 2011 at 02:10am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    But Mattel is happy enough with this and they re-release the same joke-Shera in ther DC VS MOTUC pack, in order to make people spend money in a useless toy...
    I think the She-Ra included with the 2 pack is the left over stock of the first release and this new one will be the standard She-Ra from here on.

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    Not to be the Debbie Downer, but does this count as one of our 4 females for 2011? If so, FAIL! Mattel, it's not really fair of you to take a potential "new figure" slot for an "I'm sorry" figure. Hopefully, I'm overreacting, but still LOL...
    ~RK
    I SO do not want to see this reaction from anyone if/when we get a fixed shoulder Roboto, considering what a lot of people have said about that figure.

Regarding She-Ra, what would you have them do instead? Include it with Swift Wind FOC? Not gonna happen. Mattel saw all the complaints about the first She-Ra regarding mainly the stiff skirt and the head with the hole in, now they've done right by the fans and are releasing a new version, and people are going to complain about this?

Sorry, but I for one applaud Mattel for this move. I'll be buying it!

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    I SO do not want to see this reaction from anyone if/when we get a fixed shoulder Roboto, considering what a lot of people have said about that figure.

Regarding She-Ra, what would you have them do instead? Include it with Swift Wind FOC? Not gonna happen. Mattel saw all the complaints about the first She-Ra regarding mainly the stiff skirt and the head with the hole in, now they've done right by the fans and are releasing a new version, and people are going to complain about this?

Welcome to the .org, where as many like to think - All we do is complain. We have legitimate reason to be upset sometimes and others are ridiculous, but it's all because of our passion for the series and line.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post

It's a double edged sword. People are mad they have to buy another She-Ra and all, but I would rather buy another She-Ra, than get a Swiftwind that is an inch wide so the current She-Ra could ride him. I mean, then it would look like she doesn't feed her horse.

Overall, this is the better decision, since there will be future horses (probably): Arrow, Crystal Moonbeam, Crystal Sundancer, Storm, the Storm and Swiftwind variants and Charger (Teela's unicorn).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    According to some of the points Scott could remember,
    1) She'll be using a new female buck that will be made from Battle Ground Teela and other 2011 female figures.
    2) She'll have a softer skirt and
    3) more poseable legs to help her ride Swift Wind better
    All good

4) she'll be a tad shorter than the current She-Ra!
    Why? I don't see the point of this

and
    5) she will only come with one head- a new unmasked head with no hole and a vintage toy mask that clips on. If you want to use the Filmation head, you'll have to take it from the 2010 She-Ra and pop it on this She-Ra.
    Boo. While it's good to get the no hole head the more traditional head is the one most people want -and can be a pain to change!

6) this figure will be an extra figure and NOT included in the subscription.
    That's actually good. I take this to mean she is not taking up a normal slot for 2011 and presumably does not count to the 4 females we were promised.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

This is great news. She-Ra should be done properly, and I am so happy they have really listened about the female figures.

I hope she doesn't count as the fourth female. Didn't TG say something about there potentially being one more POP figure towards the end of the year?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post

That's actually good. I take this to mean she is not taking up a normal slot for 2011 and presumably does not count to the 4 females we were promised.
    This is a great question to ask TG for the Q&As
    Last edited by Jo-Ro; February 15, 2011 at 02:11am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Watch the video again.

http://popculturenetwork.com/article...01102141045435

Toyguru clearly states that there are more females "coming later in the year". That's good enough for me.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone think She-Ra will also have a new dress/armour? Perhaps based on the toy design or one of the She-Ra variants like "Bubble-Power" She-Ra?

It seems possible that a new dress/armour piece would need to be sculpted in order to properly fit the different torso and shorter legs and surely if the money has to be spent on tooling a new dress/armour, they would get more "bang for their buck" by producing a true She-Ra variant instead of one that *looks* almost identical to the existing She-Ra, even though it *works* better?

Also, the fact they're only including the "toy" tiara/crown may indicate that it will be an overall "toy" based design?

If the "new" She-Ra is a true "variant", then I'll definitely be more inclined to purchase it (even though I already have the first release She-Ra).

Heroic Warrior
    I am of two minds on this. It's annoying to have to buy another She-Ra, but I've wanted to be able to display both heads at once. So...New She-Ra gets the Old Filmation Head, Old She-Ra body gets the corrected toy head.

Fingers crossed new She-Ra's weapons are two-tone silver.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i'm super excited about this new reveal about a better she-ra being produced along w/ the release of swiftwind. i can't wait to see her review when pixel dan does it.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    but I would rather buy another She-Ra, than get a Swiftwind that is an inch wide so the current She-Ra could ride him. I mean, then it would look like she doesn't feed her horse.
    This made me LOL!

Anyhow, as I said in the official Toy Fair talkback, it may be a good idea to ask the 4H about this new She-Ra on their boards. Toyguru was sort of struggling to remember everything that Eric told him, so there may be more to this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    Also, the fact they're only including the "toy" tiara/crown may indicate that it will be an overall "toy" based design?
    This would be a dream come true, but I know so many folks would freak out...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Sucks that we will have to buy her separately. She will be worth it though.
    I’m actually glad that she is being sold separate from Swift Wind. I will most likely pass on Swift Wind but I do want the updated She-Ra.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    She-Ra is supposed to be the same skin colour as Adora. The current She-Ra we have is WAY too dark skinned. It sounds like they will be releasing another "ultra tanned" She-Ra.
    They could make this new She-Ra lighter skinned but then the 1st release Filmation She-Ra head won’t match. But if they did this, we could take an Adora head and swap out the hair for the hair on the Filmation She-Ra head.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Haephestus View Post
    It seems possible that a new dress/armour piece would need to be sculpted in order to properly fit the different torso and shorter legs and surely if the money has to be spent on tooling a new dress/armour, they would get more "bang for their buck" by producing a true She-Ra variant instead of one that *looks* almost identical to the existing She-Ra, even though it *works* better?
    Well, they say they'd be sculpting a new dress for the BGT-torso. Given the description, though, I don't think it will look particularly different - the head will LOOK different from both the existing heads (it'll be sculpted after the toy, not the minicomic-style "toy" head from the first She-Ra), but not the dress.

Besides, if it was a very different look, they'd include it in the subscription. NOT including it in the subscription is an admission that, if you give her the Filmation head from 2010 or TRU She-Ra, there won't be any great difference at all.

Hopefully, the skirt won't be so pleated, though...

EDIT: i.e., the head will be like the rightmost one here:
    Last edited by Reboot; February 15, 2011 at 09:40am.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This made me LOL!

Anyhow, as I said in the official Toy Fair talkback, it may be a good idea to ask the 4H about this new She-Ra on their boards. Toyguru was sort of struggling to remember everything that Eric told him, so there may be more to this figure.

This would be a dream come true, but I know so many folks would freak out...LOL

Let them freak out for once. i´m happy with a new She-Ra and i´ll buy her!

I'm excited about the new She-Ra!

I'm guessing it will be the same design of the first toy...(?)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    I’m actually glad that she is being sold separate from Swift Wind. I will most likely pass on Swift Wind but I do want the updated She-Ra.
    Not with Swiftwind, the sub I am paying for.

Filmation She-Ra Forever! AlessandraF's Avatar
    New She-Ra with new body sculpted?! AWESOME, buuuut, I will reserve my excitement when I see her. For now I already don't like of the fact that she not will have the filmation tiara... let's see what will came out.
    So my hope are:

New hair with Adora's fringe, or at least a nod;
    Style Guide/Filmation's tiara;
    Gold (not bronze) details and white (not grey) costume with a more rounded skirt;
    Same Adora's face (not that one with new nose to first She-Ra) and paint MATTE or plastic matte, but MATTE skin on her face!!!
    I just hope for a new She-Ra with a new body, with more details sculpted, exactely like this one:

Last edited by AlessandraF; February 15, 2011 at 10:36am.
    "One ring to rule them all, one ring to find them,
    One ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them..."

I'm supporting Power and Honour Foundation!
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

………… ________
    ……… / | \\___
    …… /........|-.... |.…..... o\
    ……… (@)-----------(@)-´

Heroic Warrior
    She-Ra is not one of my fav but it seems to be a too important upgrade to pass her out....I will not miss her

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AlessandraF View Post
    New She-Ra with new body sculpted?! AWESOME, buuuut, I will reserve my excitement when I see her. For now I already don't like of the fact that she not will have the filmation tiara... let's see what will came out.
    So my hope are:

New hair with Adora's bang, or at least a nod;
    Style Guide/Filmation's tiara;
    GoldEN (not bronze) details and white costume with a more rounded skirt;
    Same Adora's face (not that one with new nose for first She-Ra) and paint MATTE or plastic, but MATTE skin on her face.
    I just hope for a new She-Ra with a new body, with more details sculpted, exactely like this one:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...pictureid=2052
    Oh, sweet Toy Jesus, PLEASE let them make this toy.