Thread: Your New Year's Eve plans

Master of New Adventures!

Your New Year's Eve plans

What's everyone got on tap for their New Year's Eve celebrations this year?

For Kim and me it's traditional -- at least it has been for the last ten or so years. We stay home, wear silly hats and make lots of noise...at eleven o'clock with New York so our children don't have to stay up too late. I think it helps the mood that we keep all our Christmas decorations and lights outside and inside, and our Christmas tree up and lit through January 2nd.

Earlier in the evening it's cheese, sausage, a bit of pate and a nice bottle of champagne for Kim and me.

Many years ago, when we were younger like most of you orgers, we used to do the town -- whether "the town" was Boca Raton, Chicago or Kansas City -- and party all night. I guess age slows one down a bit. But while we may not focus as much on quantity as we used to, quality is still an all-important part of our bringing in the New Year...if ya get my drift.

Happy New Year to one and all. I wish everyone health, happiness and prosperity for the coming year.

Not sure yet, haven't been invited anywhere yet, I have to work 5am-2pm that day, so I should be good to stay up until the ball drops. Mrs. HQ is 7 months pregnant, so no crazy partying for us I did pick up a bottle of champagne to celebrate our first year in our new home. She'll have a sip or two.
    Creator of the New Adventures Watching Club, come join us! Click here!

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Cool! Congrats, HQ. Sounds to me like you and Mrs. HQ are going to have an amazing 2017!

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    Not sure yet, haven't been invited anywhere yet, I have to work 5am-2pm that day, so I should be good to stay up until the ball drops. Mrs. HQ is 7 months pregnant, so no crazy partying for us I did pick up a bottle of champagne to celebrate our first year in our new home. She'll have a sip or two.

Hopefully it'll include one of two things: Patron, or being in bed by 11.

A two part L.A.R.P.
    Starchild's #1 fan!!

One tends to lead to the other.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    Hopefully it'll include one of two things: Patron, or being in bed by 11.