Thread: Anyone remembers "Swat Kats"?

Heroic Warrior

Anyone remembers "Swat Kats"?

Loved it since i was 11 in 1993 and still do, i have some episodes taped but i just wish Warner would release this on DVD and that would make my day.

And whoa woo-hooo man, Callie Briggs was such a fox even to an 11 year old that i had a crush on her.

Funny you should mention this I just saw it on Boomerang the other night. It's a pretty good show.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Heroic Warrior
    I remember watching Swat Kats, and I also taped some episodes. It is a great series.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I still have every episode recorded except one.

Best Cartoon Ever!!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I ALMOST taped the show off Boomerang, figuring they'll never DVD it.

But after about five episodes I gave up. This is one of those shows I like to catch on the tube but wouldn't want to own.

One thing about this show has always been a pet peeve though, even when I was a kid: They would never, ever get out of their jet! I always hated that. I wanted to see them foot it, go toe-to-toe. There was one episode I really liked--I think it was called "Mutation City"--where they actually DID do this near the end, and it was awesome. But most of the time, the show is just them firing missiles all day, and that's boring.

Also, did anyone but me get upset at that episode where they went into the future? What upset me was I was thinking "You know, it would be really cool if they decided to reveal their secret identities to the future versions of all their friends, just to see how they'd react (especially Commander Feral)." But they never did. A real missed opportunity, IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Who else thought Callie Briggs was smokin' for a toon cat chick?

Heroic Warrior
    Well... they have had adventures out of the TurboKat some times, 8Bit.

As you say, "Mutation City" is a good example. Also have ones like "Caverns of Horror", "Bright and Shiny Future" (another ep. you make note of), and others.

Greater than Excalibur Sword of Omens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    Cheetarah was way hotter.

Loved the show, loved the music. Don't think I'd own it on DVD though.
    Sic vis pacem para bellum. If you want peace, prepare for war

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I found the characterisation of the villains really well done and very imaginative. It was nice and dark for a cartoon too, people died and everything!!

Ok, so it was Batman with cats but it still rules!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Never got to see the cartoon, though Remco did put out 4 action figures in the line before it was cancelled.
    Visit The Action Figure Archive Forums to discuss, buy, sell & trade action figure lines of the 70s, 80s & 90s. Remember to checkout the action figure guide and online store on the site as well!

Check out my trade feedback here

Quote Originally Posted by JonDaMan View Post
    Well... they have had adventures out of the TurboKat some times, 8Bit.

As you say, "Mutation City" is a good example. Also have ones like "Caverns of Horror", "Bright and Shiny Future" (another ep. you make note of), and others.
    There was also an awesome one where they had to infiltrate some mechanical base or something... I forget exactly how it turned out, but I think the guy they were trying to help turned out to be a badguy who wanted to take over the base and take over the world himself. The Metallikats were in that episode.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by 8-Bit Star View Post
    There was also an awesome one where they had to infiltrate some mechanical base or something... I forget exactly how it turned out, but I think the guy they were trying to help turned out to be a badguy who wanted to take over the base and take over the world himself. The Metallikats were in that episode.

Think the one you're refering to may be "Unlikely Alloys". The Metallikats steal a device that 'instantly repairs' mechanical things (so they can use it to repair severe damage they took in their latest fight with the Swat Kats). Only for the device to take on some of their evil influence. Eventually gaining a mind of it's own and turning on it's companions (assimilating Mac into it's ever-growing body). Which forced Molly to team up with the Swat Kats and the device's creator.

Just a City Boy, Born... He-Ant's Avatar
    I remember this show quite well, having seen it on Boomerang the other evening. Before then, I hadn't seen it in quite sometime. Also, I didn't know that the guy who played Jake Clawson/Razor (Barry Gordon) played Donatello on the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, 'til I heard the voice. Small world, eh?
    He-Ant... the Most Powerful Skeletor Fan in the Universe

Heroic Warrior
    Well how about Ann Gora the brown-haired reporter? now there was a fine beauty covered in fur and i also had a thing for her when i was 11, she rivals April O'Neil for hottest toon reporter ever.

Who else thought she was hot?

Heroic Warrior
    Oooh i loved this show since i was 12 when it aired on TBS and i taped every episode too. I always wanted to be like T-Bone as he was badass all the way and Dr. Viper reminded me of Lizard from Spider-Man in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Cropsy View Post
    Hell yes! i had a crush on her when i was in junior high and Ann Gora was cute too and i thought she was hot as well.

Isn't it funny how back in the days they got away with making hot cartoon cat chicks like her, Ann, Felicia, mutated catwoman from the Tyger Tyger episode of Batman TAS (remember that one folks where she was turned into a REAL cat-woman?), Bagi from Bagi The Monster of Mighty Nature, M'ress from Star Trek, Katrina from He-Man, the she-panther from Pink Panther's Valentine Special, Kit Mambo from Animalympics, Mirage on Aladdin, Pam and Polly from that Eek The Cat episode, Cheetara, Pumarya etc. were all kinds of hot eh folks?
    Last edited by HarryCanyon; May 30, 2014 at 05:41am.
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

I never watched it, but I do remember it. One the last, if not THE last action figure lines from Remco, too.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Heroic Warrior
    Oh yes and who else thought Razor sounded like Dontello and the Neslie Quick bunny?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Queen of the evil Horde AlexisLasek's Avatar
    Yeah this was one of my favorite cartoons back when most cartoons were good. Sure there are good ones now but sadly they are few and far between. I just wish CN had it on still as comcast doesn't carry Boomerang.
    We need a Snake Teela and Critta in MOTUC! The snakemen and Space mutants are the only factions without a girl in them!

Heroic Warrior
    I love the show and wished it got a better quality release on DVD or Blu Ray.

Here's a neat little retrospect of the show.

Last edited by mbaker; June 22, 2014 at 06:48pm.

I actually met the Swat KATS at an event at a sporting goods store when I was a kid. I'll have to see if I can dig up the picture somewhere. I was probably only 9 or 10.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    I used to catch Swat Kats on Boomerang years ago-- sounds like their line up hasn't change much!

Yeah, I remember liking the character designs quite a bit. It was one of those shows that was better than it had any right be be. I never just sat down and watched it, but
    it was always good company when I was up drawing or something...