Thread: Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

Hybrid View

Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

I'm really curious how many have cancelled and would like to know how hard or easy it was. This is something I feel I need to do after a rather underwhelming reveal and especially after after Scott's rather condescending video. I don't know if there is more Q&A but I cant seem to find it here on on the Matty site. I know most love the castle and thats great, but its not for me. I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    Last edited by seth-man; February 27, 2013 at 02:50pm. Reason: typo

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    By calling your bank and reporting your credit card stolen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    That would be a jerky and completely unnecessary way to do it.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    No need, this method is good for canceling subscriptions and not pre-orders. Just contact customer service and ask them to cancel your order.

I advice people to wait until SDCC if they're not sure whether to cancel or not.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Let's keep the debate over Grayskull out of this thread. Keep it to posting if you canceled and how hard or easy it was. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I'm really curious how many have cancelled and would like to know how hard or easy it was. This is something I feel I need to do after a rather underwhelming reveal and especially after after Scott's rather condescending video. I don't know if there is more Q&A but I cant seem to find it here on on the Matty site. I know most love the castle and thats great, but its not for me. I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    You can go to the Mattycollector main page and click on customer service at the bottom of the page. It will go to a form where you can put int your order number, email address, and subject(there is a cancel order option to select). There is additional space to describe the problem where you can list your reasoning.

I haven't canceled yet, but I probably will. I'm going to wait and see how much thinner the plastic is at SDCC before I do cancel.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I was thinking about canceling after I saw the size reduced but the thing that made me actually do it was the usual smart a** attitude remarks Scott gave us. The constant if you don't like it cancel remarks got me mad enough to say fine I will. I went to my bank and told them to not accept the charge when it comes up. I told them it was a shady business deal and the company was trying to pull a fast one so don't allow it on my card. Which is not far from the truth.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I was thinking about canceling after I saw the size reduced but the thing that made me actually do it was the usual smart a** attitude remarks Scott gave us. The constant if you don't like it cancel remarks got me mad enough to say fine I will. I went to my bank and told them to not accept the charge when it comes up. I told them it was a shady business deal and the company was trying to pull a fast one so don't allow it on my card. Which is not far from the truth.
    Won't that affect ALL transactions from Matty now though? You may have just stopped your bank from accepting any charges from Matty from now on, meaning no new MOTUC for you, unless it's secondary market that is.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I cancelled it pretty easily. I just emailed them that I wanted to cancel it, it came off my order page, and I received a confirmation email stating that it was cancelled.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Reminder: This isn't a debate thread. Keep that to the main Castle Grayskull discussion thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6-2013-Q-amp-A

What he's saying is we need to avoid arguing the merits of cancelling, not how to cancel.

Heroic Warrior
    Official cancellation count so far: 1

Traveler
    I cancelled one of my orders given the changes. At first I called and the customer service rep said i couldnt, so then i email with links to some of Scotts comments and I got an email a few days later confirming the cancellation.

Cancelled my pre-order yesterday. Got an email confirmation today. No problems.

Heroic Warrior
    Yup, I cancelled as well. I just know I won't ever have a place in my display for it.

Just cancelled mine too. The changes shown at SDCC just weren't enough. Sure the jawbridge looked better, but not enough to sway me. That first floor is still way too low for my liking among other things.

I'm saving $250 to put toward my myriad preorders and a bit of space to display other figures, so I'm not too upset.

Heroic Podcaster
    I preordered on day one and never had a problem with the Castle, even when it was 'too small' or whatever.

But I cancelled my order yesterday. I collect vintage as well and have a vintage Grayskull MISB as well as lots of other MOTU goodies, like many of you. In the end, I just had no room for a Grayskull that size, especially when I planned to keep it MISB (not for value, I just like my toys that way).

I hope to have a larger display room someday and maybe then I'll grab one. I'm fine paying more at that time.

To everyone that is still getting one this fall - enjoy! Cant wait to see the pics!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Widget
    well, I had to cancel it...

besides CG itself, I'd have to pay for int'l shipping plus import duties and taxes; the total amount would reach something around $570.

denifitely not worthwhile.

not a definitive issue with international shipping but I have to cancel it beacuse it doesn't appeal to me from the perspective of a collector item, in other words not enough room to store this, I'll better pass to the icon heroes CG instead
    "The most powerful man in the universe..."
    "I was summoned on the future..."
    "Where hope seems lost..."
    "A hero shall emerge to protect Eternia..."

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Had no problem canceling mine via the CS web form.

Wonder if they're making canceling so easy because they think they'll be able to sell 'em all at the $50 markup?

But yeah for me personally this just wasn't quite up to par for a collector line and the potential of a true 4H unleashed CG absent such ridiculous deadlines.

If I want it that bad I can always wait for the "movie year" retail version for $100.

For those that ordered two (or more) and just canceled one.... How did it work for you? (And when is the deadline?)
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

I cancelled mine earlier this week. The SDCC reveal didn't look good to me. Did not like the paint job, the inside being the reverse of the outside, the tiny towers coming up to figures' ankles, and many other things. I feel it could have been done better, but the penny pinching has hurt it.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection