Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

I'm really curious how many have cancelled and would like to know how hard or easy it was. This is something I feel I need to do after a rather underwhelming reveal and especially after after Scott's rather condescending video. I don't know if there is more Q&A but I cant seem to find it here on on the Matty site. I know most love the castle and thats great, but its not for me. I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    Last edited by seth-man; February 27, 2013 at 03:50pm. Reason: typo

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    By calling your bank and reporting your credit card stolen.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    That would be a jerky and completely unnecessary way to do it.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by The Blue Beetle View Post
    No need, this method is good for canceling subscriptions and not pre-orders. Just contact customer service and ask them to cancel your order.

I advice people to wait until SDCC if they're not sure whether to cancel or not.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Let's keep the debate over Grayskull out of this thread. Keep it to posting if you canceled and how hard or easy it was. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I'm really curious how many have cancelled and would like to know how hard or easy it was. This is something I feel I need to do after a rather underwhelming reveal and especially after after Scott's rather condescending video. I don't know if there is more Q&A but I cant seem to find it here on on the Matty site. I know most love the castle and thats great, but its not for me. I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
    You can go to the Mattycollector main page and click on customer service at the bottom of the page. It will go to a form where you can put int your order number, email address, and subject(there is a cancel order option to select). There is additional space to describe the problem where you can list your reasoning.

I haven't canceled yet, but I probably will. I'm going to wait and see how much thinner the plastic is at SDCC before I do cancel.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I was thinking about canceling after I saw the size reduced but the thing that made me actually do it was the usual smart a** attitude remarks Scott gave us. The constant if you don't like it cancel remarks got me mad enough to say fine I will. I went to my bank and told them to not accept the charge when it comes up. I told them it was a shady business deal and the company was trying to pull a fast one so don't allow it on my card. Which is not far from the truth.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Reminder: This isn't a debate thread. Keep that to the main Castle Grayskull discussion thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...6-2013-Q-amp-A

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I was thinking about canceling after I saw the size reduced but the thing that made me actually do it was the usual smart a** attitude remarks Scott gave us. The constant if you don't like it cancel remarks got me mad enough to say fine I will. I went to my bank and told them to not accept the charge when it comes up. I told them it was a shady business deal and the company was trying to pull a fast one so don't allow it on my card. Which is not far from the truth.
    Won't that affect ALL transactions from Matty now though? You may have just stopped your bank from accepting any charges from Matty from now on, meaning no new MOTUC for you, unless it's secondary market that is.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

I cancelled it pretty easily. I just emailed them that I wanted to cancel it, it came off my order page, and I received a confirmation email stating that it was cancelled.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

What he's saying is we need to avoid arguing the merits of cancelling, not how to cancel.

Heroic Warrior
    Official cancellation count so far: 1

Traveler
    I cancelled one of my orders given the changes. At first I called and the customer service rep said i couldnt, so then i email with links to some of Scotts comments and I got an email a few days later confirming the cancellation.

Heroic Warrior
    That makes 2.

Screen shot 2013-03-01 at 8.56.39 AM.png

Thanks for all who responded. For he most part it was easy! I sent two cancellation requests via MAIN HELP/HOW TO CANCEL ORDER on their matty site. The hardest part was trying to find where to log in to your account. I don't know why they dont have an Account LOG ON button on there page. I had to go through MY SUBSCRIPTIONS even though i dont have one. Once logged on I was able cancel via drop down menus, which was awesome that i didnt have to call and wait for a human to speak with.

I did get scared this morning because I received an email saying my order was already shipped and I would have to return it for a refund :0 :0
    But I could have copied the wrong order # in one of my emails. 10 minutes later I received 2 more emails confirming my confirmation. So at least on of my requested went through. One requested I chose to copy my Order # the other request I made I chose to write my e-mail to link my account.

On a positive note I do hope the # of Cancellations is relevant enough that they realize the need to through fans another bone per CG order. Who knows... If this playset dose truly get better, I still might consider buying back in or day of. Of Course it would be more then...so we'll see.
    Last edited by seth-man; March 1, 2013 at 10:31am.

I do have a tip for those of you that want to cancel. Avoid canceling your credit card. It can potentially ruin your credit if you aren't actually doing it because of fraudulent charges.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I will add in another but it isn't mine. My friend got back into he man...again..for like the 7th time since we have met. Anyway, He did the email customer service things but it was early on just after the announcement. He sent his request to cancel and got a reply that he could not cancel a pre order due to this that or the other thing. He happily replied with a thank you and said that since it was announced that one could cancel it and they said he couldn't the next people they would be speaking to on his behalf was his lawyer. Within a few hours he got 3 or so emails deeply apologizing, cancellation of pre order confirmed and so on.

So any ways that makes 4 I suppose. I still dig the big green rock and am sticking with it unless SDCC kills it somehow.
    Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...

Ok, I cancelled my order, didnīt wait till SDCC. It was easy, i received the email confirmation, but itīs a shame because I really wanted a CG, but this version is not 4me.
    Guess that makes us 5

I cancelled my order aswell, so that makes it 6

Cancelling was easy. I just sent a message to the customerservice from www.mattycollector.com using the e-form and received a confirmation n less that 48 hrs.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Good to know they're making it easy and painless it sounds.

Sure hope this thread doesn't blow up post-SDCC . . .

I assume everyone who has cancelled had a preorder of just one castle. It would be good to hear from customers who ordered multiple castles and then want to cancel part but not all of their preorder. How easy or hard is that, I wonder?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    I do t think you can cancel just 1 of your 4 castles, you'd have to cancel all and preorder 1 at the current rate.

7 & 8 !!!

Pre-Ordered 3 CG's, Not happy with the size (and largely due to the "broken" promises by Scott), so cancelled 2 of those ! I am a Filmation Fan & its not going to hurt me one bit since, Its not "Filmation" Castle Grayskull afterall !

Just holding 1 till SDCC. I may buy this one (for 4HM's work), so lets hope for the best !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar

I ordered one when they first went up, based entirely on the specs and assurances given at the time.

The Grayskull revealed is not the one I ordered - not the one which in good faith was sold to me. This, combined with the fact that there is almost relative assurance that the final product will be yet even further diminished, puts me into a position where I just can't rationalize this level of expenditure for something - or rather something else, in a growing list - which doesn't meet expectations.

Cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Scare Glow View Post

Cancelled.
    So as of now, its $250.00 X 9 = $2250.00 LOSS for Mattel ! I know someone will buy these at DOS, But STILL.... they lost 10 buyers !!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !