I'm really curious how many have cancelled and would like to know how hard or easy it was. This is something I feel I need to do after a rather underwhelming reveal and especially after after Scott's rather condescending video. I don't know if there is more Q&A but I cant seem to find it here on on the Matty site. I know most love the castle and thats great, but its not for me. I'm really just interested in how the cancellation process worked.
Last edited by seth-man; February 27, 2013 at 02:50pm. Reason: typo
Let's keep the debate over Grayskull out of this thread. Keep it to posting if you canceled and how hard or easy it was. thanks.
I haven't canceled yet, but I probably will. I'm going to wait and see how much thinner the plastic is at SDCC before I do cancel.
Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!
Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210
I was thinking about canceling after I saw the size reduced but the thing that made me actually do it was the usual smart a** attitude remarks Scott gave us. The constant if you don't like it cancel remarks got me mad enough to say fine I will. I went to my bank and told them to not accept the charge when it comes up. I told them it was a shady business deal and the company was trying to pull a fast one so don't allow it on my card. Which is not far from the truth.
SUBSCRIBE OR DIE!!!: The death of a cherry picker. The continuing saga from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2012.
UPDATE: THE CUTTING BLOCK!!!: The cherry pickers are now dead. These changes brought to you from the makers of MOTUC. The adventure begins in 2013.
"Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"
I cancelled it pretty easily. I just emailed them that I wanted to cancel it, it came off my order page, and I received a confirmation email stating that it was cancelled.
"Everything comes to he who waits."
Official cancellation count so far: 1
I cancelled one of my orders given the changes. At first I called and the customer service rep said i couldnt, so then i email with links to some of Scotts comments and I got an email a few days later confirming the cancellation.
My feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...82#post2822482
That makes 2.
Screen shot 2013-03-01 at 8.56.39 AM.png
Thanks for all who responded. For he most part it was easy! I sent two cancellation requests via MAIN HELP/HOW TO CANCEL ORDER on their matty site. The hardest part was trying to find where to log in to your account. I don't know why they dont have an Account LOG ON button on there page. I had to go through MY SUBSCRIPTIONS even though i dont have one. Once logged on I was able cancel via drop down menus, which was awesome that i didnt have to call and wait for a human to speak with.
I did get scared this morning because I received an email saying my order was already shipped and I would have to return it for a refund :0 :0
But I could have copied the wrong order # in one of my emails. 10 minutes later I received 2 more emails confirming my confirmation. So at least on of my requested went through. One requested I chose to copy my Order # the other request I made I chose to write my e-mail to link my account.
On a positive note I do hope the # of Cancellations is relevant enough that they realize the need to through fans another bone per CG order. Who knows... If this playset dose truly get better, I still might consider buying back in or day of. Of Course it would be more then...so we'll see.
Last edited by seth-man; March 1, 2013 at 09:31am.
I do have a tip for those of you that want to cancel. Avoid canceling your credit card. It can potentially ruin your credit if you aren't actually doing it because of fraudulent charges.
I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!
I will add in another but it isn't mine. My friend got back into he man...again..for like the 7th time since we have met. Anyway, He did the email customer service things but it was early on just after the announcement. He sent his request to cancel and got a reply that he could not cancel a pre order due to this that or the other thing. He happily replied with a thank you and said that since it was announced that one could cancel it and they said he couldn't the next people they would be speaking to on his behalf was his lawyer. Within a few hours he got 3 or so emails deeply apologizing, cancellation of pre order confirmed and so on.
So any ways that makes 4 I suppose. I still dig the big green rock and am sticking with it unless SDCC kills it somehow.
Find what you seek only when you look in the right places...
Ok, I cancelled my order, didnīt wait till SDCC. It was easy, i received the email confirmation, but itīs a shame because I really wanted a CG, but this version is not 4me.
Guess that makes us 5
I cancelled my order aswell, so that makes it 6
Cancelling was easy. I just sent a message to the customerservice from www.mattycollector.com using the e-form and received a confirmation n less that 48 hrs.
Good to know they're making it easy and painless it sounds.
Sure hope this thread doesn't blow up post-SDCC . . .
I assume everyone who has cancelled had a preorder of just one castle. It would be good to hear from customers who ordered multiple castles and then want to cancel part but not all of their preorder. How easy or hard is that, I wonder?
Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.
I do t think you can cancel just 1 of your 4 castles, you'd have to cancel all and preorder 1 at the current rate.
7 & 8 !!!
Pre-Ordered 3 CG's, Not happy with the size (and largely due to the "broken" promises by Scott), so cancelled 2 of those ! I am a Filmation Fan & its not going to hurt me one bit since, Its not "Filmation" Castle Grayskull afterall !
Just holding 1 till SDCC. I may buy this one (for 4HM's work), so lets hope for the best !!
I ordered one when they first went up, based entirely on the specs and assurances given at the time.
The Grayskull revealed is not the one I ordered - not the one which in good faith was sold to me. This, combined with the fact that there is almost relative assurance that the final product will be yet even further diminished, puts me into a position where I just can't rationalize this level of expenditure for something - or rather something else, in a growing list - which doesn't meet expectations.