Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    People are upset because the castle wasn't what they had hoped for, for the price....I don't see a cheering section here, I see a rally cry for things to be up front for the fans, not a song and dance, and here's what you ordered....when many things were said, and many things were not as promised....nothing was to be cut, that was on the B-Sheet....false....The inner dimensions were supposed to be as stated.....false....

I get they had to scale it back a little, but the ceiling is touching the heads of the guys....He-Man could barely stand in the Jawbridge....I think some things that were assumed we'd see....should have been met, but they weren't.

Classics Grayskull is perfectly scaled for the Mini Masters or the Vintage figures.....not so much Classics. I get it to a point, price and all....but this is not a kids retail line, it's a collector supported adult line.

You make it seem as though people are doing jigs and happy dances over the fact of cancelling something they really wanted for 5 years....I personally don't see it, yes some are making light of it all, but when you're upset, it's best to look for the bright side and make the most of it.

All of this, along with Toyguru stating on the video that everything was to be sculpted.....no stickers, and then to be told that the dungeon grate was a sticker and was always meant to be.

Add in the fact that besides the awesome sculpt on the outside of the castle, this seems like a plagiarized version of the original..being just a bit bigger........but too small to warrant the $250 price tag.......and they couldn't even place the "trap" door correctly.

When Toyguru described the new CG in the video, he stated that the vintage castle top would come up to the eyes of the new one, and that clearly didn't happen.

I'm 99% sure that I will be cancelling mine after SDCC....but I will cancel before I order my 2014 sub, because I know they'd find a way to cancel that order too.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post

I'm 99% sure that I will be cancelling mine after SDCC....but I will cancel before I order my 2014 sub, because I know they'd find a way to cancel that order too.
    Too true man, too true!

Heroic Warrior
    What will be interesting is if the finished product blows people out of the water at SDCC and the people that pre-cancelled end up kicking themselves. It could also as easily be another hover board disaster. Only time will tell.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

I'm wondering if they will ADD something special to try and fix things....

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    It would be awesome if they transformed the space suite (Defendor) into a fully articulated figure...that would make a lot of us who are considering cancelling think twice...
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Heroic Warrior
    Scott said the jawbridge was lowered into the base. This indicates a new, taller door sculpt. While the original price was $200, then raised to $250 to avoid cuts (which happened anyway), I can't see cancelling until after the reveal even though it's a lot of cash.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    The fact that no one has to keep their preorder is plenty of proof that no one was "played for suckers". Disappointing, sure, but it's not like we were told we'd get a 30 inch castle and one day a 20 inch castle showed up at our doorsteps.
    Mattel had no choice about letting people cancel. They stated several specific things (as has been pointed out in this thread) when taking the pre-orders, and then went back on those "guarantees" after the sales window closed. In other words, what we would get on our doorsteps would have been significantly different than what we had ordered. If they hadn't offered people the opportunity to cancel, that would likely have qualified as mail fraud. They HAD to give folks the chance to opt out.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I gladly cancelled my order for Castle Grayskull once I saw the BS bait and switch job that Mattel's staff pulled on us all.

They demonstrated and boasted about dimensions that would attract even those who are unfamiliar with the line.

This entire scandal could have been avoided if Mattel's staff had not been so deceptive in their advertising.

Cancelled mine rather easily. I no longer have any desire for this thing. Just the figures and beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Cancelled mine rather easily. I no longer have any desire for this thing. Just the figures and beasts.
    Why would that be?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

I just want a facade at the most. The $300 with shipping just isn't worth it to me anymore and I could think of so much more I want with that value in other figures.

I cancelled my CG preorder this weekend easily through Matty over the phone.I decided it wasn't worth the price since I was just gonna keep it in the box and display the art.Hopefully Rudy will have prints available of his boxart at some point.

Cancelled mine also. In Australia, so this thing is already costing me $400 at current exchange rates already. Don't want to fathom how much it could be if our $ continues to drop. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    It would be awesome if they transformed the space suite (Defendor) into a fully articulated figure...that would make a lot of us who are considering cancelling think twice...
    Very true, indeed.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jor-El View Post
    Cancelled mine also. In Australia, so this thing is already costing me $400 at current exchange rates already. Don't want to fathom how much it could be if our $ continues to drop. >_

I also live in Australia and cancelled over the weekend. It was an easy email which was responded to over night. Don't get me wrong....I love what they've shown, but the price to get it here, like you said Jor-El is ridiculous. (And could continue to skyrocket) That and when all it will be doing is sitting on the shelf and NOT being played with , it hardly seemed worth what it was going to cost me. I'll stick with my sub which I half sell off anyways and am keeping my eyes planted firmly on bigbadtoystore and the new upcoming masterpiece transformers:-)

Snappy Threader
    DR cancelled mine and I didn't even want it cancelled. I inquired about the Filmation sub since it never showed up and I said either get it right or cancel it, and they cancelled Castle Grayskull....now without the preorder poster bonus......i'm pondering keeping it cancelled...and I worked so hard to get people to sign up for it, now it's gone

just cancelled mine. no fuss from matty. pretty awesome, really. for the price point it's a little much. I too would have preferred a display facade. I won't open the thing up and use it for play, so I'd rather spend money on horde troopers than on Grayskull playset.

Just send my cancellation email.

I just dont have a place to put it and then the price is just a bit too steep to just store it.
    Also, Not sure where I am financially in a couple of months. So I am not going to subscribe for the first time.

I ordered two during the first pre-order. Will they let me cancel just one? I dont want two, but I would like one at least. And I dont want to have to re-order it at $300 plus. So I'd like to be able to just cancel the one.
    If I cant... then I'll have to keep both I guess, and just sell the second one off for as much as I can when it comes and hope that I can at least get my money back.

I ordered two thinking that the second one could be sold around xmas to help reduce the price of the one Im keeping. But now that people have so much disappointment in it, i doubt it will go up in price?
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Really? A $25 robot figure that can easily be sold separately is enough to sway people to purchase a $300 castle?
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

So does anyone regret canceling now after SDCC?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    None that will admit it.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    Nope. Just not what I want.

Yesterday I cancelled one of the two that I pre-ordered. It took about 15 minutes and I received a confirmation email immediately. I will call Matty back in a few days to confirm that everything has gone through.

Heroic Warrior
    I want one; I found out about MOTUC less than a month when it was last shown in March I think.