Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post here when you've successfully cancelled Castle Grayskull

Court Magician
    10,11,12,and 13.
    all did it the credit card way so come december (in which in my opinion will be delayed) but whenever it does ship (probably March)...... Matty will be missing a few orders.
    Last edited by He-loser; March 2, 2013 at 07:21pm.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I haven't read all the quotes from Scott, so please help me out. What exactly did he say that was smart-*** or condescending?

Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    10,11,12,and 13.
    all did it the credit card way so come december (in which in my opinion will be delayed) but whenever it does ship (probably March)...... Matty will be missing a few orders.
    Why didn't you just contact mattycollector.com customer service to cancel the orders?
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    So as of now, its $250.00 X 9 = $2250.00 LOSS for Mattel ! I know someone will buy these at DOS, But STILL.... they lost 10 buyers !!
    OMG, this is the end!!! You're killin' teh lien!!!...

Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    You're killin' teh lien!!!...

Me OR The Marketing Manager ????

Let's face it...... It may not be a blow for Mattel, but its still a prick in the toe !
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Since I'm a new classics collector, I missed out on the initial pre-order by 6 days. Later on I found a pre-order on bigbadtoys.com for $370 and ordered one. I felt like it was going to be my only chance to get one. Then once Matty allowed us to pre-order again after the to fair, I picked up another one at $275. When I saw the mock up at the NY toy fair I was on the fence on if I wanted to keep either so I cancelled the more expensive pre-order because once you cancel your Matty version, you can't change your mind. So for now, I'm gonna hold out until the SDCC reveal and see if its worth keeping at all.

I could still wind up canceling the one I have left, keeping it or maybe even order another one, we will see
    My Collection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdi0veA8Kn0

Vintage Collector:
    Sell Me your MOC Vintage

My Feed Back Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...61#post3202161

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CptSpandex View Post
    I haven't read all the quotes from Scott, so please help me out. What exactly did he say that was smart-*** or condescending?
    How much time do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    So as of now, its $250.00 X 9 = $2250.00 LOSS for Mattel ! I know someone will buy these at DOS, But STILL.... they lost 10 buyers !!
    It amazes me how people are cheering for the misfortune of Mattel and this whole situation. It's almost like they are actively trying to bring the line down and want to dance on its ashes...

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    Why didn't you just contact mattycollector.com customer service to cancel the orders?
    Cause I tried to cancel my knight rider KITT 1:18 scale from hot wheels elite (also made by Mattell) which came out looking like a fans homemade car and didnt have the correct look/details of the car from the TV show, AND was supposed to be released in November (shipping in March) , and I still got charged for it..lets see what I get in the mail.

I don't think cancelled pre-orders are going to affect them at all. They'll take the number of castles that were cancelled, put them up DOS for $300, and they'll still sell at that price- maybe not a one-hour sell out, but I doubt they'd be sitting on spare Grayskulls for months and months and months.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    It amazes me how people are cheering for the misfortune of Mattel and this whole situation. It's almost like they are actively trying to bring the line down and want to dance on its ashes...
    NOTE : I know this not the thread for discussion, but since you posted a message based on mine, I want to "clear some air" on this !

Sorry if I sounded rude on my last post. But let's face it; it’s NOT the misfortune of Mattel ! It's misfortune of FANS !! People went blindly & pre-ordered CG based on the B-Sheet, and now Mattel wants to be greedy !

Most of the fans are angered by the situation, but their mouths are tied because of Mattel's snarky attitude ! I bet you, most of the fans are in "Smaller Castle OR No Castle ?" situation right now. The first one wins because of sheer fear that they may never get an opportunity like this, which is absolutely, NO WRONG by any means !

As for Me, I was supposed to buy 3 CG's, but now I will get only ONE (unless we see a horrid, 14" CG at SDCC). So at the end of the day, I am STILL getting one ! At the same time, I've have shown my disappointment against Mattel's "this is what you'll get..... Take it OR leave it" snarky attitude. I know it may NOT work for those who Pre-Ordered only ONE CG (I STRONGLY recommend NOT to cancel yours), Because my route much safer than theirs, since I am at least getting ONE !!

Finally, I LOVE this line (this is the ONLY line I am collecting), & I want this to go at least till 2020 (I want my Filmation accurate Skeletor & other Filmation variants in classics), so definitely, I DONT want to dance on its ashes !

What I don’t want to see is, Mattel’s higher ones dancing on top of classics ashes because of their greedy & snarky attitude !!
    Last edited by TUC138; March 3, 2013 at 04:57pm.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

Just sent the message through Digital River's customer help system to cancel my preorder.

< Edit > : Confirmation email received. My CG preorder is cancelled.
    Last edited by DroothR; March 5, 2013 at 03:20am.
    My #1 most wanted figure in MotUC?
    - "Cloak & Dagger" Evil-Lyn (MYP) -

Just cancelled my preorder for CG. I think the castle's beautiful and I have zero complaints about it, but I'm moving soon and display space at my new apartment is very limited. I'd rather focus on the figures. In fact, cancelling this means I'll probably pick up an additional sub for 2014

For anybody curious, the process was very user friendly and I got my cancellation confirmation in less than 24 hours. Just fill out the form on the customer service page with the order number and a polite message and they take care of it.

Just call them and cancel it. Pretty simple and convenient.
    "Problems Weaver?"

I pre-ordered two, but I cancelled one to express my dissatisfaction with the height reduction.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I don't think anyone is cheering about this; they are frustrated. When TG was talking about the castle at NYCC, he told folks that it would come with everything on the b-sheet and nothing less right after talking about the dimensions on the b-sheet. Then after everyone pre-orders based on those assurances, we find out that the size changes and everything on the sheet may not be there. A lot of folks are still fuming and feeling like they were played for suckers. Add in all of the problems the line has had, all the assurances from Mattel that they wound up going back on and then denying they ever made, and I think it's understandable that fans want Mattel to maybe, finally, at long last get the message, and cancelling castle orders are one way of doing so. Given recent history, I honestly can guarantee that it will not have the desired effect, as you can't teach a lesson to someone with no interest in learning or correcting their mistakes. But i can't really blame people for venting their long building anger a bit over this, and wanting in some way to "stick it to the man," as it were.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    The fact that no one has to keep their preorder is plenty of proof that no one was "played for suckers". Disappointing, sure, but it's not like we were told we'd get a 30 inch castle and one day a 20 inch castle showed up at our doorsteps.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Super He-Man View Post
    The fact that no one has to keep their preorder is plenty of proof that no one was "played for suckers". Disappointing, sure, but it's not like we were told we'd get a 30 inch castle and one day a 20 inch castle showed up at our doorsteps.
    There was a certain amount of bait and switch here. If you're charitable you can call it incompetence. That said, I don't think Matty will learn the right lesson from canceled Castles. And I don't quite get why anyone cancels before the SDCC reveal.

Isn't Schadenfreude the best? The internet's lifeblood is fueled by such stuff!

I doubt a 2.2k loss is going to be much of a ruffle to Mattel's feathers. But don't misunderstand, this amount (and obviously the dissatisfied now non-buyers) should not be dismissed as entirely insignificant. I respect anyone who bailed out because they didn't like the running changes, especially if given the chance to bail. Nor do I discount the importance of these fans and the need to make a product that has the widest appeal possible. But as the saying goes, you can't always please all of the people all of the time. Your sales will be missed, but as it often does, life goes on.
    Last edited by Stygian360; June 12, 2013 at 05:38pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Isn't Schadenfreude the best? The internet's lifeblood is fueled by such stuff!

I doubt a 2.2k loss is going to be much of a ruffle to Mattel's feathers. But don't misunderstand, this amount (and obviously the dissatisfied now non-buyers) should not be dismissed as entirely insignificant. I respect anyone who bailed out because they didn't like the running changes, especially if given the chance to bail. Nor do I discount the importance of these fans and the need to make a product that has the widest appeal possible. But as the saying goes, you can't always please all of the people all of the time. Your sales will be missed, but as it often does, life goes on.
    The truth is, Matty isn't going to lose a dime from the cancellations. They'll put any extra castles up for sale on Matty.com at $300 a pop and they will disappear quickly. They won't learn anything.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    The truth is, Matty isn't going to lose a dime from the cancellations. They'll put any extra castles up for sale on Matty.com at $300 a pop and they will disappear quickly. They won't learn anything.
    Be that as it may- and you're probably very right- I didn't want to discount the loss of purchases or imply that those who bailed can go hang. Whenever fans turn away in droves somebody needs to think long and hard about that and hopefully 'heal' that lack of support going forward. But this situation was somewhat unique. Matty essentially sold this play set on spec- with only a foam model and a few loose promises as supporting evidence- so it's natural the final product wasn't going to please everyone. As a fan of this hobby I feel bad not everyone likes how this is turning out, even though in reality there's not a darn thing I can do about it.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

People are upset because the castle wasn't what they had hoped for, for the price....I don't see a cheering section here, I see a rally cry for things to be up front for the fans, not a song and dance, and here's what you ordered....when many things were said, and many things were not as promised....nothing was to be cut, that was on the B-Sheet....false....The inner dimensions were supposed to be as stated.....false....

I get they had to scale it back a little, but the ceiling is touching the heads of the guys....He-Man could barely stand in the Jawbridge....I think some things that were assumed we'd see....should have been met, but they weren't.

Classics Grayskull is perfectly scaled for the Mini Masters or the Vintage figures.....not so much Classics. I get it to a point, price and all....but this is not a kids retail line, it's a collector supported adult line.

You make it seem as though people are doing jigs and happy dances over the fact of cancelling something they really wanted for 5 years....I personally don't see it, yes some are making light of it all, but when you're upset, it's best to look for the bright side and make the most of it.
    Recent....Blade
    Coming....Scorpia & Battle Lion
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Like others have said, nobody I believe is trying to bring the line down. We supported this line all of these years and want to continue to do so. We helped to support the sub this year that apparently was dangerously close to not happening (if I believe what Scott/TG tells me which I don't) as well as actually get the Castle made with our preorders. We were all promised something for our preorder and that was then changed. I do 100% agree with others frustration and wanting to let our voices be heard. I only ordered one Grayskull and will probably keep my preorder, that remains to be seen at SDCC. But knowing Mattel and TG, I'm sure they'll put the best PR spin on the situation at SDCC to try to appease us. I'm glad when I hear that others are cancelling their preorder, they are the true heroes! Overcoming their desire for nostalgia and letting Mattel know that this **** isn't going to fly. I'm getting close to joining them by having to fight with DR all of these years, excess shipping costs, non-existent Early Access "perks", quality control issues, etc., etc.

I'm waiting to see what the SDCC final version looks like, hopefully better.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think some fans are so angry at TG and Mattel from all of the crap that they've endured over the years that they really want the Castle to fail. Grayskull failing is the biggest bird that you could flip at TG.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)