Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: Clearing the air on Castle Grayskull

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The whole idea that this issue has descended into arguing about the significance of people who have cancelled their pre orders is just sad. SAD! It doesn't matter if it is 8.55% or 35%, the fact that there IS a % at ALL that represents people unhappy/dissatisfied is not a break out the party hats and cake moment.
    The fact is, a significant portion of people are unhappy and ready to pull funds, which is clearly indicative of how poorly Mattel has managed this project. Even if only fraction of those people cancel, it could prove catastrophic for the future of the franchise.

I'm still waiting for them to say ANYWHERE on the Matty site that the castle size has changed, instead they are soliciting sales using the much larger B-sheet specs, something they knew was wrong back when they re-opened preorders. It's sickening and indefensible.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Are people not happy with the size? Sure.
    To the point of canceling? Nope.
    I was looking at who's really canceling... I may not have been as clear.
    Call it a mistake of your self-proclaimed attrition, but insinuating that people are not canceling is transparently disingenuous.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    Call it a mistake of your self-proclaimed attrition, but insinuating that people are not canceling is transparently disingenuous.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...stle-Grayskull

The thing is that although people might complain, but they really aren't cancelling in the big numbers as the malcontents would suggest (not that you're saying that)...at least not until SDCC. Our cancellation thread has more discussion than actual cancellations.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

BadV, your flowery words still don't save your claimed 35%. Only 8.55% have actually canceled of those polled. The rest of your figure is made up of undecided.
    So who's being disingenuous?

My point is no matter how great the castle is, it's not going please everyone. You're not going to keep 100% of the orders.

It is sad that we're still here talking like this to each other about Grayskull. So I'll back off, and finish by expressing again, I love the castle. I think it's still worth the money. And can't wait to see it in everyone's collections. We're all free to our opinions on what makes the castle perfect or near perfect.
    Last edited by Baena; March 31, 2013 at 09:25am.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

At this point, it really is too hard to speculate how cancellations will affect things. Many like me, are waiting until the SDCC reveal to see if improvements are met before cancelling. To argue over cancellation numbers right now is moot, because most of the cancellations, when they do happen, will be after SDCC.

I think the only way we'll ever find out how successful the sales on Castle Grayskull are, is if Mattel responds with a Snake Mountain playset afterwards,(and I'm not saying that it will happen immediately). If that playset doesn't happen, then the castle wasn't as successful as some thought. It's like using the Wind Raider to sell vehicles.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Yeah, I'd agree that Snake Mountain is the measuring stick. If Matty sees CG as a financial success, then they will start rumbling about SM. If you don't hear them talking about maybe doing Snake Mountain, then no matter what else they say, the final numbers on CG will not have been successful in their eyes.
    Last edited by No-Ah; March 31, 2013 at 03:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    BadV, your flowery words still don't save your claimed 35%. Only 8.55% have actually canceled of those polled. The rest of your figure is made up of undecided.
    So who's being disingenuous?
    The 35% is clearly listed as those "considering canceling your order for Castle Grayskull". At no point have I claimed or insinuated that 35% have canceled. I do not know how I could have worded it clearer.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Knocking on Grayskull wood floors that the 4H and Matty team rally. Sticking with my preorder

Guys, please turn it down a few notches and be more respectful towards each other. thanks.

It boggles my mind that anyone would cancel their order before they have seen the final product from SDCC. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by waiting. Nothing is charged til December!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    It boggles my mind that anyone would cancel their order before they have seen the final product from SDCC. There is nothing to lose and everything to gain by waiting. Nothing is charged til December!
    Because we know it won't be taller AND prototype seen, it is not what it should and could be. Voting with my dollar (lack of) and will not be sad when a Greyskull that is too short to fit Battlecat and He Man on the iconic drawbridge does NOT show up to my house for $300.

Again, I have some art skills and I can make a front drop of Greyskull that is really tall and not super deep to fit my current display AND if I am disappointed in it, it will be my fault and won't cost me $300.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    The whole idea that this issue has descended into arguing about the significance of people who have cancelled their pre orders is just sad. SAD! It doesn't matter if it is 8.55% or 35%, the fact that there IS a % at ALL that represents people unhappy/dissatisfied is not a break out the party hats and cake moment.
    Ehhhh... people were talking about canceling back when the original presale was going on. There were people who were going to cancel if it wasn't 100% based on mini-comics... there were people who were going to cancel if it WAS.... if it didn't have filmation aspects.. if etc. etc. etc....

We preordered based on hopes and a sketch. It was never going to please anyone, and SOME cancelations were always expected.

Did anyone here order castle greyskull on the second chance offer at 275.00? I put my order in for one. I mean wasn't happy about the changes but come on! Can I really skip this as a 80s cartoon fan? Any idea on what box art will look like? I hope it's more retro and less like the new computer generated box like the wind raider. The older boxes looked more like painted artwork. At least I can cancel after sdcc if I don't like it.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    We preordered based on hopes and a sketch. It was never going to please anyone, and SOME cancelations were always expected.
    When pre-orders were originally taken, there were NO cancellations expected, because that wasn't an option. The pre-orders, once made, were irrevocable. The option to cancel only came into play once the castle was revealed, and it was becoming obvious Mattel would be changing things from what they promised in the pre-order, thus changing the original agreement after the fact.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    When pre-orders were originally taken, there were NO cancellations expected, because that wasn't an option. The pre-orders, once made, were irrevocable. The option to cancel only came into play once the castle was revealed, and it was becoming obvious Mattel would be changing things from what they promised in the pre-order, thus changing the original agreement after the fact.
    It makes me sick that Mattel messed this up. How could they screw up Castle Grayskull? As stated before, they raised the price so that nothing would have to be cut at all. Then, they cut it down anyway, even after the sales exceeded the preorder goal. There's no way I can justify spending almost $300 after shipping for a botched, poorly engineered castle.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    It makes me sick that Mattel messed this up. How could they screw up Castle Grayskull? As stated before, they raised the price so that nothing would have to be cut at all. Then, they cut it down anyway, even after the sales exceeded the preorder goal. There's no way I can justify spending almost $300 after shipping for a botched, poorly engineered castle.
    Anyone surprised that this happened?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Actually, yes. When I started seeing pics from the big reveal, and then heard they were allowing folks to cancel orders, my initial reaction was, "Who would cancel?" Then the details started to come out, and the word that Mattel might cut things further despite their previous promises quickly shattered that delusion.

So, I was surprised. I though with the increase in price from the original benchmark and the Fab Four involved in the sculpting, even Mattel couldn't majorly mess things up. After all this time, after all the foul ups and broken promises and flippant attitudes from TG and Mattel, I guess I'm still an optimist at heart. I really thought this would be the thing to re-invigorate the line and restore some credibility for Matty.

Silly me.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Yeah. You'd think that since the 2013 subscription scare actually forced TG to change the lineup, that Castle Grayskull is the LAST think that should get screwed up...

Alas...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Podcaster
    They hired Alcala to paint the new box art right? So it will be old-school painting and NOT CGI? Right? Someone PLEASE tell me at least that awesome decision is still holding up?!?!?!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
    They hired Alcala to paint the new box art right?
    Rudy Obrero will be painting the new box art. He did a lot of vintage box art, including Castle Grayskull, and he has done the Wind Raider and Granamyr box art for the Classics line.

Heroic Warrior
    The option to cancel yout credit card was always available and people have been doing it to get out of Matty subscriptions for years... I remember a few people saying "I'll order now, and if I don't like it, I'll cancel the card.'

They hired Alcala to paint the new box art right? So it will be old-school painting and NOT CGI? Right? Someone PLEASE tell me at least that awesome decision is still holding up?!?!?!
    Like Zodach said Obrero will be doing it, Alcala would be amazing on a level you couldn't comprehend since he passed away 13 years ago.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Rudy Obrero will be painting the new box art. He did a lot of vintage box art, including Castle Grayskull, and he has done the Wind Raider and Granamyr box art for the Classics line.
    Sorry, I meant Obrero. Thanks for the correction/heads-up! I am THRILLED to have an all-new Obrero masterpiece on the box! That's worth about $50 of the pricetag to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Like Zodach said Obrero will be doing it, Alcala would be amazing on a level you couldn't comprehend since he passed away 13 years ago.
    Yeesh, I really messed that up. Thanks!
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - DOUBLE TROUBLE! - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man
    Gwildor - Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - Mermista - MultiBot - Ninjor - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST!
    Rotar - Saurod - Spinnerella - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - Tung Lashor - Twistoid

Nope. You have to take the Matty claims with a grain of salt. Whether it's over-exuberance, the vagaries of toy production, economics, inexperience with a project like this, or just salesmanship, there tends to be changes to final products compared to what we are originally sold with this line. When I saw the original mock-up I was excited, but deep down expected them not to deliver on some aspect. I suppose it helps to allay my disappointment a bit because the original size was not large enough for my taste, so I was already looking at buying something smaller than ideal. I do wish they had cut accessories rather than castle height. Hopefully they are able to lower the jawbridge into the base a bit to get a better headroom clearance, but I'm not confident in that happening.

At the end of the day, I have to make a decision whether or not the final product is worth the price tag to me.

Sorry, I meant Obrero. Thanks for the correction/heads-up! I am THRILLED to have an all-new Obrero masterpiece on the box! That's worth about $50 of the pricetag to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeesh, I really messed that up. Thanks!
    No need to be embarrassed, we all make mistakes like that time to time.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Actually, yes. When I started seeing pics from the big reveal, and then heard they were allowing folks to cancel orders, my initial reaction was, "Who would cancel?" Then the details started to come out, and the word that Mattel might cut things further despite their previous promises quickly shattered that delusion.

So, I was surprised. I though with the increase in price from the original benchmark and the Fab Four involved in the sculpting, even Mattel couldn't majorly mess things up. After all this time, after all the foul ups and broken promises and flippant attitudes from TG and Mattel, I guess I'm still an optimist at heart. I really thought this would be the thing to re-invigorate the line and restore some credibility for Matty.

Silly me.
    Completely agree with that

- - - Updated - - -

and that....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah. You'd think that since the 2013 subscription scare actually forced TG to change the lineup, that Castle Grayskull is the LAST think that should get screwed up...

Alas...
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$