Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearing the air on Castle Grayskull

Leader of the Evil Horde Hordak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    I bet people who don't cancel will be very pleased with the size and detail when in hand. The thing itself is pretty massive, interior flaws aside.
    I agree. I am happy with what we have seen and with the planned improvements this will be so much fun. I have no regrets about having a castle ordered at all and would love to see what they would come up with for a Snake Mountain.

I also would love to see Rokkon and Stonedar as well as a Granita someday. All 3 would be great to display and I think if updated they would maybe even gain some new fans. It's a shame they can't do a 3 pack of them. Still they count as vintage figures so I'm assuming rock warriors are at least on the talking stages at Mattel. Meteorbs on the other hand seem highly unlikely to me.
    "I summon forth the portal to the terrible dimension of Despondos!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I agree. Many of the people who cancel now as a knee jerk reaction are going to regret it when the rest of us are enjoying our castles. I strongly recommend anyone who is thinking about canceling, to wait until after SDCC. You have no money tied up in it yet and nothing to lose by thinking it over for a few months.
    I agree, even though I am unhappy with some of the aspects of the current CG, I'll wait until SDCC to see what the production one looks like and what has been cut from the toyfair one. Even then I feel it may be too hard for me to cancel the order, as I know I'll probably regret it further on - put it this way, it would have to be a disastrous version of CG for me to cancel my preorder!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowl View Post
    Rokkon & Stonedar are not hated/obscure, but they are pretty solid C-listers in my opinion. I think a good majority of folks would still love to get them though!
    Agreed! These two are highly wanted for MOTUC! And so is Granita by the way!!!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    July 18-21 (preview night on the 17th)

We are paying customers, there's no need to be grateful. Mattel aren't doing us a favour by making these toys, they are a business. All they care about is making money.

Fair enough, however the point I was making is what did you expect? We knew the playset was going to be under scaled al little.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    All they care about is making money.
    That's the truth. Of course you would think if money was their top priority they would abandon this broken sub model which hurts the potential for new customers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cryanmchsi View Post
    Fair enough, however the point I was making is what did you expect? We knew the playset was going to be under scaled al little.
    Of course we knew it was going to be under scaled a little, but not a moment before the pre-sale had ended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually this was something the Horsemen added to the Castle. Credit where it is due!
    Hmm, kind of like how they, for no apparent reason, just decided to sculpt Lt. Spector as a Royal Guard? Those silly Horsemen, what will they think of next?

Quote Originally Posted by PPC View Post
    Hmm, kind of like how they, for no apparent reason, just decided to sculpt Lt. Spector as a Royal Guard? Those silly Horsemen, what will they think of next?
    Yeah, that one will never get old:

SN: So, um, yeah, I asked them, I said “Hey guys, what would you think if I was the white guy?”. And they were like, “Oh, totally, are you kidding?!?!”.
    http://thefwoosh.com/2010/08/comic-c...benecke-part-1
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Regarding the Wind Raider piece... Just throwing an idea out there... You can fit the Wind Raider there, for an interesting display option... But remember that prototype we saw a few years back of the Battle Ram and Sky Sled? What are the odds that might still get made? And what are the odds there might be a similar socket underneath for the smaller vehicle?

I personally think that would look pretty sweet in there!
    (Keep in mind I'm one of the few that thinks the Wind Raider socket piece is a cool idea.)
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Mattel is obviously out to make money on their products. That's business.

BUT

I also think Mattel is doing us as MOTU fans PLENTY of favors by making these figures and putting up with a lot of BS from our vocal, entitled fanbase for 5+ years now. I still can't believe how hostile some are towards Toyguru/Mattel. I've been a MOTU fan my whole life, from the best of times to the worst of times. If you've been around through it all, you'd understand.

Mattel has the BALLS to even attempt a Castle Grayskull playset in the year 2013 and people always gotta *****. It aint a POS made out of flimsy plastic and cardboard like that TMNT one. Of course it's going to cost twice as much. It aint at retail, it needs to be shipped, it's got incredible sculpting/paint work done on it, etc...

I keep saying this, but I'll say it again....

Toyguru goes out of his way for us CONSTANTLY. What other toy company gives a damn even close to that? He sends out review samples in a timely manner. He posts ALL THE TIME (even if it aint what you wanna hear, KEEP READING THE BIOS!). He goes on the RGD podcast when he can. The guy obviously cares about MOTU and our fandom. It's his job! I can't believe how people can be so ungrateful even downright *******s to the guy.

Yeah Mattel has us by the you know what when it comes to this stuff. You love MOTU and you buy it or you don't. You don't go constantly *****ing about it though. That's just uncalled for, rude, and not necessary. Surely something better can be done with your time.

I bet some days Toyguru wishes he was making toys for 4 year old children rather than 30+ something year old children. They probably don't ***** and moan and nitpick over an inch or two of Castle Grayskull's height for months on end.

#Apologist
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    M
    I also think Mattel is doing us as MOTU fans PLENTY of favors by making these figures and putting up with a lot of BS from our vocal, entitled fanbase for 5+ years now.
    With respect for some awesome figures and some hard working professionals, but it's not a favor of you're paid, and we pay through the teeth for our He-Man figures!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Well said CM. We get plenty of info (sometime maybe too much) thanks to TG. Almost no other toy company goes out of the way like that.

One may not always like the things he says/does.... but the good far, FAR outweighs the bad.

Scott, keep up the great work! I know you and everyone else involved is working their hardest to give us the best product possible. Very excited about the changes you mentioned, and about the possibility of a furniture pack in the future!

I bet some days Toyguru wishes he was making toys for 4 year old children rather than 30+ something year old children.
    I wish the exact same thing
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

MAR-ZO! MAR-ZO! MAR-ZO!

I wish I could contribute anything to what you just said, but you just summed up exactly how I feel. The fact that this toyline exists is a favor to us. Yeah, they make enough to keep the lights over Scott's desk on, but it's not the difference between Hyundais and BMWs for all of the employees. MOTUC could end tomorrow and have a negligible effect on Matty's bottom line. So yeah, I'm willing to roll with small inadequacies, mistakes, or compromises.
    Last edited by hadley; March 4, 2013 at 08:24pm.

Snake mountain and light hope castle next please!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulgem View Post
    Harsh, but true. Sorry, but you oversold this one, TG, and failed to deliver. Just like with the Hoverboard.
    i personally don't mind the hoverboard. the only thing that was an outright inaccurate claim as far as the average movie fan is concerned was the promise of "Movie Quality sound effects". not sure where they got those effects, but it was definitely NOT BACK TO THE FUTURE.

Ghostbusters got a bigger screw job with nothing but variants. trouble getting movie likenesses, fine..but there are HOW MANY ghosts from either the movie or RGB they could have done in the mean time? And don't get me started on the meco figures .

As for CG, I'd be perfectly happy with keeping my pre-order if the price went down to $180. It'll even out to $200 with shipping anyway, but $250, I could just buy Icon Hero's version... An up in price and downscale in scale is not cool..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Court Magician

BUT

I also think Mattel is doing us as MOTU fans PLENTY of favors by making these figures and putting up with a lot of BS from our vocal, entitled fanbase for 5+ years now. I still can't believe how hostile some are towards Toyguru/Mattel. I've been a MOTU fan my whole life, from the best of times to the worst of times. If you've been around through it all, you'd understand.

Mattel has the BALLS to even attempt a Castle Grayskull playset in the year 2013 and people always gotta *****. It aint a POS made out of flimsy plastic and cardboard like that TMNT one. Of course it's going to cost twice as much. It aint at retail, it needs to be shipped, it's got incredible sculpting/paint work done on it, etc...

#Apologist
    Yes but the TMNT is an enlarged and improved version of what the original was..cardboard pieces or not. tons of display room and options on a scale that wasnt necessary considering the figures got scaled down slightly.
    And Mattel doing us a favor??? are you nuts. Justin Bieber is doing a favor to all the teen girls out there by singing..Apples current CEO is doing us a favor by pushing to launch more stupid phones at ridiculous prices that dont do too much more than the last one.... were doing Mattel a favor by paying for their CEO and management golf outings!!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-loser View Post
    Yes but the TMNT is an enlarged and improved version of what the original was..cardboard pieces or not. tons of display room and options on a scale that wasnt necessary considering the figures got scaled down slightly.
    And Mattel doing us a favor??? are you nuts. Justin Bieber is doing a favor to all the teen girls out there by singing..Apples current CEO is doing us a favor by pushing to launch more stupid phones at ridiculous prices that dont do too much more than the last one.... were doing Mattel a favor by paying for their CEO and management golf outings!!
    I doubt any of us are paying for their CEO and management golf outings by buying He-Man figures off MattyCollector. Not while they're banking Barbie and Hot Wheels money everywhere else.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    I think Rokkon and Stonedar will be coming in 2014, as well as Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor. The others you mentioned may have to wait.
    Honestly, i don't understand why Rokkon and Stonedar would be included in a 'most hated' list... I LOVED rokkon.

Anythign that gives he-man a giant boulder to throw is a win in MY book!

As for the movie guys?? I REALLY expect Blade either this year or next year.

1) They completely retooled the road map.

2) Anthony Delongis made a video promoting the sub.

Seriously, if your retooling ANYWAY, how can you NOT bump his figure into the 'must haves' catagory.

I mean... space pirate/bounty hunter was always on MINE... but to have him come out and say NOPE... didn't make the cut even after the actor publicly supported us would be VERY poor form.

"You love MOTU and you buy it or you don't."

My wife loves the show "The Bachelor". But every season she complains about the casting. She gets together with her girls every monday night and complains about the women on the show. Yet they still consider themselves "fans"

I critique my beloved Phoenix Suns, the poor management, the mistakes the owners make, the players, but I still consider myself a "Suns fan"

I will never understand people complaining about people complaining. Where else can we go to vent? Clearly we love the property if we're here but I can't imagine why there's so much discouragement to complain if that's your genuine feeling.
    Last edited by hopewell; March 5, 2013 at 01:50am.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar

I bet some days Toyguru wishes he was making toys for 4 year old children rather than 30+ something year old children. They probably don't ***** and moan and nitpick over an inch or two of Castle Grayskull's height for months on end.

#Apologist
    Indeed and 4 year olds wouldnt remember every little lie! Actually a splendid idea!

Heroic Warrior

#Apologist
    And 4 year olds aren't dropping their own hard earned money on an item that is promoted one way and executed as something less than promised.

It's funny that TG's idea of "clearing the air" is by making a puff of smoke
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Regarding the Wind Raider piece... Just throwing an idea out there... You can fit the Wind Raider there, for an interesting display option... But remember that prototype we saw a few years back of the Battle Ram and Sky Sled? What are the odds that might still get made? And what are the odds there might be a similar socket underneath for the smaller vehicle?

I personally think that would look pretty sweet in there!
    (Keep in mind I'm one of the few that thinks the Wind Raider socket piece is a cool idea.)
    I'd love for the Battle Ram to come out. For me personally, I would easily pay $100 for the one that the 4H showed a few years ago. That being said, putting the Sky Sled in the interior of CG doesn't make anymore sense than putting the Wind Raider does. Sorry, there's no logical reason, IMO, to have a stand for a flying vehicle, in the interior of CG.

Also, the TMNT lair is by far one of the coolest playsets I've ever seen. It may not have much in in terms of paint apps or accessories, but it is loaded with features. And it is huge. And costs less than half of what they want for CG.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Yeah, that one will never get old:

http://thefwoosh.com/2010/08/comic-c...benecke-part-1

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar

BUT

I keep saying this, but I'll say it again....

Toyguru goes out of his way for us CONSTANTLY. What other toy company gives a damn even close to that? He sends out review samples in a timely manner. He posts ALL THE TIME (even if it aint what you wanna hear, KEEP READING THE BIOS!). He goes on the RGD podcast when he can. The guy obviously cares about MOTU and our fandom. It's his job! I can't believe how people can be so ungrateful even downright *******s to the guy.

Yeah Mattel has us by the you know what when it comes to this stuff. You love MOTU and you buy it or you don't. You don't go constantly *****ing about it though. That's just uncalled for, rude, and not necessary. Surely something better can be done with your time.

#Apologist
    Isn't this whole *****-laden rant just a thinly-disguised "complaining about complaining" post?

Not constructive at all, highly argumentative.