Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Clearing the air on Castle Grayskull

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    But it is truth,subs made the line go through.
    I seem to remember it was THE FANS who had to stage our own campaign to get them to consider subs in the first place. So subs were in no way relevant the line's early success.

And as far as "the way it is now"? Still not because of sub support. The way you know this is very simple, as one has only to look at everything else on MattyCollector that never did, and never would've made it to any kind of thermometer quota, and yet the product still shows up, and still sells just fine.

My question to you is,if we get full years for 2014 and 2015 and then just some filler after that,is the line as you say at its demise?
    I think it's HIGHLY optimistic to expect a "full year" for 2015, and I even expect another big dip in sub sales this summer. As long as they continue with the same rigid, fan-UNfriendly structure, that is.

I just think you are someone that will never be happy with anything Scott does.
    That's probably a fair assessment, but IMO it speaks more of his character and actions than it does mine.
    Especially since I am FAR from the only one who has drawn similar conclusions.

You seem to always have failure as your outcome for every endgame imaginable. Again,this line will end some day,so what ate your expectations? Honestly,mine have already been meet,if we finish out 2015 complete I say this was successful.

I really am trying to see where you are coming from,but you give Scott and company. O credit for the good,and all blame for the bad.
    Where I'm coming from is looking at a line that, thanks to the talents of the 4H and their talents alone, could pretty much run itself. What sold this line was word-of-mouth based 100%, solely on the merits of the quality of action figure design and sculpt that the Four Horsemen delivered--initially out of the blue, totally unsolicited, mind you. Scott has opted to insert himself in a rather unwelcome manner into every single facet of this line, transforming it from what could've been a smoothly-running, collector-catered line to one that is largely a self-aggrandizing vanity project with missteps and problems every step of the way.

If I had to quantify it, easily 90% of the good ideas for this line have come from either the 4H, or from fan suggestion/feedback. Now, let's consider the source of bad ideas, and it's not even a fair fight . . .

I feel I'm totally fair-minded and will recognize credit where its due.
    Did Scott make a successful pitch to his superiors at Mattel to get a greenlight? Yes.
    But beyond that, I just don't see it.
    And if you weigh the harm done against the good, IMO the result isn't in his favor.

It's going to be awesome!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    It is an inch or two smaller than the dimensions given at presale.
    The revised castle is 3 inches shorter and loses 3 inches in width, that's a total of six inches, not one or two. [Insert phallus joke here]

We are committed to making sure to update everyone as the process continues to be as upfront as possible on any changes coming through. In no way is anyone trying to hoodwink or scam anyone.
    If any of that were true, then the Mattel store would not still advertize the castle as being 25”h x 26”w x 28”d and would have sent out emails to people who preordered letting them know the size had changed. Not everyone visits the org, and it should not be on the consumer to have to track the changes down.

As of today, Mattel is continuing to sell the castle under false pretense by listing specs they know are wrong on the pre-order page, therefore ToyGuru's claims about being upfront ring hollow.
    Contact BadVermin for all your customs and repaints.

Court Magician
    Guess I'm one of the few folks who are now sold on preordering in the current, second round. I was coming off of the Hoverboard debacle in December and wasn't interested in preordering a damn thing from Matty. I think the Castle looks good despite the shrinkage, and the cancel-ability post SDCC is a safety net. Toys R Us is charging $250 for the vintage Millennium Falcon re-release. I don't think the Castle pricing is out of line.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post
    The revised castle is 3 inches shorter and loses 3 inches in width, that's a total of six inches, not one or two. [Insert phallus joke here]

If any of that were true, then the Mattel store would not still advertize the castle as being 25”h x 26”w x 28”d and would have sent out emails to people who preordered letting them know the size had changed. Not everyone visits the org, and it should not be on the consumer to have to track the changes down.

As of today, Mattel is continuing to sell the castle under false pretense by listing specs they know are wrong on the pre-order page, therefore ToyGuru's claims about being upfront ring hollow.
    That doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't change that. They never posted anything about reversed shoulders, Goddess breakages, or Snout Spout's trunk being defective.

But I agree.....now that they know the exact dimensions, they should post the correct info.....but who knows, maybe it shrinks a little more once in plastic form?
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Y'all crazy... lol... the castle still looks amazing and I'm glad I ordered it. I don't want it any bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by BadVermin View Post

Yikes! I didn't know they were still advertising the original specs. They should update this immediately.

Personally, I have no problem with the current size as long as they fix the jawbridge/head clearance issue and don't cut any accessories. That said, I will still purchase the Castle either way. Even though I don't always like what Scott has to say, at least there is communication and straightforward answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I may not be 100% thrilled over the changes to the CG, but I'm still maintaining my pre-order for it unless things drastically change for the worse. I don't want us to end up with an empty and un-deco'd shell of a playset. The air hasn't been cleaned yet as the "we're looking into it" statement usually means squat but I do hope they lower the base for more room, thats a huge must have! I do appreciate what TG is doing and I understand his position and I hope CG turns out great in the end.
    I feel the same way,most inportantly the jawbridge must be fixed and lowered into the base or im out.and it seems many of us feel the same way.acknowlege that this above all other fixs will be addressed matell?not oh we're looking into it could you be any more vague.how about we are fixing it no beating around the bush.

Court Magician
    Not happy with this response..to me it seems like excuses..whether or not he really believed what Mattel was promising I dont know..but corporate Mattel won in the end. I dont believe WE made the playset happen..it was always going to happen in my opinion. I feel the only reason MOTUC is not available in stores is mainly for a more focused audience and less inventory.
    Thats just my opinion!
    Anyway..in case noones noticed, the new motuc castle grayskull and the 200x grayskull are about the same size..I posted a link to a video someone put up displaying a motuc trapjaw in relation to it. at 12:30 in the video..youll even see that the ceilings are even higher on the 200x version. I personally feel Mattel was aware of this and patterned the new castle grayskull based on that size. The video is also posted in the castle discussion
    Last edited by He-loser; March 2, 2013 at 09:05pm.

On a more positive note, the MOTUC Castle Grayskull will be more in scale to our vintage figures. So the worse case scenario is that I will display my vintage figures with it and hide the vintage castle behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    That doesn't surprise me that they wouldn't change that. They never posted anything about reversed shoulders, Goddess breakages, or Snout Spout's trunk being defective.

But I agree.....now that they know the exact dimensions, they should post the correct info.....but who knows, maybe it shrinks a little more once in plastic form?
    The brand manager's statement at the beginning of this thread did seem to leave the possibility open:

I wish we could make the Castle bigger, I really do. And I totally understand some fans/customers want this as well. Bottom line, is that based on the price of $250.00, the current sculpt is 100% the biggest we can get. Yes. It is an inch or two smaller than the dimensions given at presale. And 100% we still expect some changes to happen (not neccessarily to the size but possibly to some of the accessories). We are committed to making sure to update everyone as the process continues to be as upfront as possible on any changes coming through.
    If reducing the size of the castle further isn't a possibility the brand manager can easily clarify his statement.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    If they stretch the Jaw bridge out it may not look right at all. All in all, it is too expensive for what we are getting but who wants to be without the official Grayskull? They got us... I'm not happy about it but I can't promise that I won't cancel. The constant double talk and over-promise/under-deliver that TG spews may just be enough to make me cancel. That video with him and the tape measure just made me uncomfortable... I felt like he thought he was talking to dummies.

Heroic Warrior
    This castle is going to be unbelievably awesome. The centerpiece of any persons collection. People were willing to pay alot more than this for just a castle front facing. I'm super excited. Childhood dreams come true!

Well since they raised the current pre-order price 10%, why can't we get 10% more castle?

If at least #4 on the list happens I'll probably keep all my pre-orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I do not see anything new at all in his post.

So, could anyone please clarify to me what exactly is new in his post and why it is so overwhelmingly positively received?

He said exactly the same stuff as before:
    - "This is your Castle Grayskull folks." Buy it or cancel, it's your decision.
    - "I wish it was bigger but it isn't." Not a word about his prior promises and videos and not a reason given how they could so totally screw up their cost estimate. No explanation how a spec sheet datedDecember 2012 can be so fundamentally different from what was revealed in February 2013.
    - "We'll cut more stuff." Again not a word about his promise that we'll get all the stuff from the b-sheet , possibly more but not less.
    - "We'll look into the jawbridge and throne issues". While I do appreciate it, this is no news. He already said so in the Feb 26th Q&A. The slots for the sword and key where mentioned weeks ago.
    - "I'm very passionate"
    - "You're very passionate"
    - "The 4H are very passionate"
    - "Ruben is very passionate"
    - "MOTUC is a 6 inch line"

So please, anyone, tell me what the news is?

Again, I appreciate what Scott is trying to do here but, seriously, what exactly is the "update" or "new info" that everyone seems to be thanking him for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    THANK YOU! Color me equally confused . . .
    Equally Confused Too !

Its funny to see a 9995584738832345 thank you posts for Scott's "Clearing the Air" (???) thread which has absolutely ZERO new news ! Not sure if this has become a trend lately.

But as I said on the CG main thread, It’s pretty much like beating a dead horse & nothing is going to change !

One thing is for sure, no matter how many posts/threads we make, No matter how much we scream, I don’t think Scott is going to revisit CG all over again.

This thread can get another 10 pages of out-raged fan posts, but trust me, Scott’s attitude will still be like……………………

(Remember Stone Cold Steve Austin’s 1996 King Of The Ring Speech)

Scott (To Fans) : "You sit there, and you thump your Castle Grayskull B-Sheets, and you say your prayers….. And it didn’t get you anywhere ! Talk about your Castle Grayskull dreams…. Talk about the size differences…… talk about foam mock-up 3:16,

Scott 3:16 says………….. I Just Fooled Your Ass" !!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by TUC138; March 3, 2013 at 04:29am.
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Equally Confused Too !

Its funny to see a 9995584738832345 thank you posts for Scott's "Clearing the Air" (???) thread which has absolutely ZERO new news ! Not sure if this has become a trend lately.
    Well, I responded to this in Post #84 in this thread as to why I think people are saying their appreciative.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lay Ze-Man View Post
    Where I'm coming from is looking at a line that, thanks to the talents of the 4H and their talents alone, could pretty much run itself. What sold this line was word-of-mouth based 100%, solely on the merits of the quality of action figure design and sculpt that the Four Horsemen delivered--initially out of the blue, totally unsolicited, mind you. Scott has opted to insert himself in a rather unwelcome manner into every single facet of this line, transforming it from what could've been a smoothly-running, collector-catered line to one that is largely a self-aggrandizing vanity project with missteps and problems every step of the way.

If I had to quantify it, easily 90% of the good ideas for this line have come from either the 4H, or from fan suggestion/feedback. Now, let's consider the source of bad ideas, and it's not even a fair fight . . .

I feel I'm totally fair-minded and will recognize credit where its due.
    Did Scott make a successful pitch to his superiors at Mattel to get a greenlight? Yes.
    But beyond that, I just don't see it.
    And if you weigh the harm done against the good, IMO the result isn't in his favor.
    I agree!

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firesoullove View Post
    Wait....SDCC Exclusive"s" (!!) ... will there be more than one??
    I noticed that too.... Could we have several figures/items for SDCC?
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Thanks Scott for this reply.

I know you probably have to respect some economical constraints, you are tied and bound, and Mattel doesnt let you do what you would want to do as a passionate collector you are, but try to explain Mattel that s really important they succeed perfectly this item.
    Even if they have to sacrifice a bit of money and get a lower gain on the castle.

Cause this is the Graal for all motuc collectors and you have to succeed to satisfy ALL of us. It s not like a figure, where it s impossible to get the unanimity. To satisfy all of us, the castle would need to be a bit taller and to have all accessories. And you promised that Scott. I think we dont have to accept not to have all the accessories cause the production is more expensive than you thought.

You should accept to decrease the gain on the castles sales to increase the number of fans and assure the continuity of the toyline.
    I am sure if you explain that to Mattel, they have to accept to lose a bit to win a lot more later, they could undertstand and accept to modify the castle.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post

I know you probably have to respect some economical constraints, you are tied and bound, and Mattel doesnt let you do what you would want to do as a passionate collector you are, but try to explain Mattel that s really important they succeed perfectly this item.
    Even if they have to sacrifice a bit of money and get a lower gain on the castle.

Cause this is the Graal for all motuc collectors and you have to succeed to satisfy ALL of us. It s not like a figure, where it s impossible to get the unanimity. To satisfy all of us, the castle would need to be a bit taller and to have all accessories. And you promised that Scott. I think we dont have to accept not to have all the accessories cause the production is more expensive than you thought.

You should accept to decrease the gain on the castles sales to increase the number of fans and assure the continuity of the toyline.
    I am sure if you explain that to Mattel, they have to accept to lose a bit to win a lot more later, they could undertstand and accept to modify the castle.

Wow this is a very, very good posts. It really will help both sides on the long run.

I can't believe how negative some "fans" are
    Every time against every word Mattel wrote to us... makes not fun to read these posts.
    Every day the same users... I know everybody can't like everything but THIS seems sometimes is not only simple criticism, some are against Mattel in everything they are doing and that is not fine I think. We are getting so many awesome figures through the year aaaand Castle Grayskull!!!
    And it looks fantastic! And they hear about fans and making changes!!!
    Not everything is perfect for everyone but why so angry after so good toys and news???

Sory for my english, isn't perfect... but I hope you understand what I want to say

Quote Originally Posted by bObA_fEtt_Ox View Post

I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I can't do it, unless my son wants to play He-Man with me. Otherwise I just feel silly.
    I planned to play with it!
    My friend Jack comes over..Jack Daniels
    And we have a BLAST!

I think they should increase the price point and make the renovations
    or scrap it
    start over at higher price point
    Saturday Morning ToyZ at Facebook, Flickr and Blogspot!

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaird View Post
    I think they should increase the price point and make the renovations
    or scrap it
    start over at higher price point
    I agree on raising the price point, but there's no reason to start from scratch: the sculpt is great it should just be scaled up a bit and get some additional brickwork on the interior. Maybe the floors could be a little thinner as well, since they are quite thick and I hope the floor on the first parapet can be lowered as well, not everything has to be exactly as we remembered.

It has the potential to be perfect if Mattel wouldn't be so eager to turn this into a quick buck again.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    I have worked with the team to create a new roadmap that if we get a 2014 and 2015 line should wrap up the vintage lines and most of the major fan requested animated figs.
    Scott, when you say "all vintage lines" does that include all vintage POP figures?