76 43.68%
  • A scaled down version of He-Man's, with a jewel

56 32.18%
  • other

7 4.02%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She-Ra's Sword, Jewel or not to Jewel

She-Ra's Sword, Jewel or not to Jewel

In the He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword Movie He-Man says "except for this jewel, this sword looks exactly like mine." And of course it has been displayed many times as such. The original She-Ra figure had a sword that was decidedly un MOTU-like. In my opinion, If mattel gives her a sword with the same dimensions as those of He-Man's sword, she'll look awkward at best. That sword is huge and in the hands of a She-Ra, it would look too big. So what do we do?

I went with a scaled down version of HM's weapon. It would look good that way, retaining the iconic look. If Mattel wanted, they could also crank out an update of the original toy's sword of Protection. That would be great.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I think either a replica of or scaled down version of He-Man's sword, but it HAS to have the jewel!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I would like to see an updated version of the original. They can put He-Man's with a jewel in as an extra.
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

I voted for an updated copy of the She-Ra doll's sword. That's the one I remembered playing with as a kid, and that's the one I want as an adult. However, I would make the sword a little bigger, maybe make it twice as long, and of course, it has to have the jewel!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Same as He-Man's but with a jewel. Well...maybe make it a bit smaller to fit her profile better.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    In the He-Man She-Ra Secret of the Sword Movie He-Man says "except for this jewel, this sword looks exactly like mine."
    And that is EXACTLY how it should be. I CANNOT believe ANYone would vote for one like the original figure had--that little cheap-o gold thing was the LAMEST 'sword' EVER!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I say a lady needs her jewels or perhaps its men that need them oh,well i vote jewel.

Since Toyguru specifically did not exclude Golden Books...and the Filmation design can't be used anyway...

There's a Golden Book called She-Ra, the Princess of Power. In that book, she's given a sword that looks like the original sword that came with Castle Grayskull, the one they gave to Man-at-Arms this time, but with a jewel.
    "She-Ra, Princess of Power was no more. That had been the price of freedom."

I put He-Man replica with Jewel.

has to have the jewel

and in the later POP minicomics, her sword is Gold, looks just (almost) like He-Man's and has a jewel.

in the first POP Mini-comic... they show he-man's sword and she-ra's sword in the air, crossed... hers is gold with a jewel, his is grey... they look the same...

I would BET my house that they give her that sword.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Replica of the power sword with the Jewel, much like 2004 She-Ra had.

Scaled down, possibly, but it has to be that sword.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I agree it will have the jewel. Of the three choices that are not other, however, I went with a scaled down version of He-Man's sword, with the jewel. Because the scale would be all wrong if they simply put a Power sword sized weapon in her hand. She would look like a little girl Holding Daddy's sword. Either one would be appropriate, but just for the sake of scale I'd say number 3. By the way, anyone else see the resemblence between '84 She-Ra's sword, and 2002 Teela's?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    I went with the scaled down replica with a jewel.

But I think she should come with two swords really, one is the replica, and the other is more like the sword her toy came with.

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    I went with the scaled down replica with a jewel.

But I think she should come with two swords really, one is the replica, and the other is more like the sword her toy came with.
    I'm with Predabot; that is my preference as well.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

I personally want her to have an identical sword to He-Man! She is the most powerful woman in the universe, so I am sure she can handel any sword that her brother can. She-Ra has never been portrayed as shorter than He-Man, just less built. They are power equals so (IMO) I think the swords should be equal as well! Plus the MOTUC sword isn't that big to start with and (IMO) the present scale of the MOTUC power sword would be fine for She-Ra.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 19, 2009 at 02:43pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

the sword should be look like He-man's with the jewel

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    And that is EXACTLY how it should be. I CANNOT believe ANYone would vote for one like the original figure had--that little cheap-o gold thing was the LAMEST 'sword' EVER!
    Agreed! She-ra needs a sword that looks exactly like He-man, albeit maybe a little smaller in scale so it doesn't look like she's carrying a huge pole above her head!

I always hated the tiny golden thingy the doll had.

As for the jewel, Mattel'd better deliver. I'm all for Plastic POP characters without any cloth but She-ra needs her two jewels, one for the breastplate, one for the sword.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.

i think the new she-ra should be able to handle the he-man-sized sword ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by hemix View Post
    i think the new she-ra should be able to handle the he-man-sized sword ;-)
    Agreed! I think they'll be the same height so I don't think she'd look funny with it.

And an idea that was thrown around in another thread that I really like is to have She-Ra come with a gray/silver one like He-Man's with the jewel, but have Adora come with a gold one, much like Prince Adam comes with a magenta one.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Warrior
    the same size with the jewel.... also on a personal level, I hope the two swords merge in someway. I'm interested in seeing what kind of story line they have for her and her sword...

I agree I think She-Ra should somehow come to weild Skeletor's dark half of the Power Sword. If the Goddess was somehow able to fuse the crystal from He-Ro's staff onto the dark half of the powersword (to control the evil within the blade) it could make total sense for She-Ra to weild Skeletor's sword. Because like the blade Adora will have changed from a being of darkness into light. Something like this does not violate the pre Filmation mini comics two halfs of the power sword cannon or the Filmation twin swords of power premise, if anything it links the two of them together.

All that needs to happen is at somepoint before She-Ra / Adora is included in the MOTUC story is for Skeletor to lose his half of the power sword in battle. At which point the green goddess / cosmic enforecer Zodak could reclaim the dark half of the powersword secretly and once they have fused the gem from He-Ro's staff (that could have originally come from the crystal castle) with the sword, they send the sword to Sorceress who is suddenly awoken from a very bad dream!!!!!

Maybe this is similar to how a exact copy of MOTUC He-Man's Sword would look for She-Ra.

I know I said I want She-Ra to have an identical sword to He-Man, but I could live with something like this. This sword of protection is not scaled down, just a little more femenin. I think these designs were created by battle brack!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 19, 2009 at 08:01pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Skeletor loses his half of the sword? For goodness sake, leave skeletor's sword alone. She-Ra's sword is a completly different Sword. The power sword had two halves, the protection sword can be its own entity.

A replica of He-Man's but with a jewel.

I say go with a scaled down version of He-Man's sword but with the jewel.

Although, we have already seen a version of the MOTUC Sword of Protection from Mattel. It will probably end up looking like the one shown at SDCC behind the King Grayskull statue.

Pic linked from Emiliano's album:
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

Quote Originally Posted by Captjhan View Post
    Skeletor loses his half of the sword! For goodness sake, leave skeletor's sword alone. She-Ra's sword is a completly different Sword. The power sword had two halves, the protection sword can be its own entity.
    But She-Ra's sword is the twin sword and power equal to He-Mans Sword not just another random blade!!!! Perhaps u have an idea as to how Mattel can make She-Ra's sword the twin of He-Man's blade considering how they have now gone with the original power sword concept (where Skeletor's sword is the twin blade). Skeletor not having a sword is nothing new! He never had one in Filmation & in the NA cartoon & toyline. While using his split sword in the first few episodes of MYP MOTU, He-Man tricked him into distroying it in a lava pool and from then on he employed the havoc staff.

I personally have no need for Skeletor to have his half of the power sword for the whole MOTUC story. The Havoc staff has always been Skeletor's most powerful weapon (IMO). His dark half of the power sword eventually making it's way into She-Ra's hands ensures her classic cannon remains intact as the twin blade, not a third sword of Grayskull, and gives Skeletor the opportunity to rely on the havoc staff as his primary weapon. But again this is just my oppinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERHEMANMIKE View Post
    I say go with a scaled down version of He-Man's sword but with the jewel.

Although, we have already seen a version of the MOTUC Sword of Protection from Mattel. It will probably end up looking like the one shown at SDCC behind the King Grayskull statue.

Pic linked from Emiliano's album:
    Not necessarly so, here is an answer TG gave to a She-Ra related question I asked on www.rebelscum.com recently!

Cool Toy Review: Is the Sword of Honour that was shown behind King Grayskull's statue at SDCC this year the actual sword sculpt that MOTUC She-Ra will come with in 2010. Or would She-Ra come with a second half sword that is the same as He-Man & Skeletor's half swords: or possibly an updated version of the gold classic toy version? (Hopefully she will get both swords and her sheild)

Mattel: The Sword of Protection that was part of the statue was not part of the toy but rather a nod to fans that She-Ra POP characters will be part of the new toy line. What the sword will look like remains to be seen as the Horsemen have not yet sculpted She-Ra! But she is coming in due time.

I really like the design of the SDCC 08 sword of protection, but the two silver balls by the gem are a little too big for my liking. If this design is used I hope they scale them back a little bit.
    Last edited by Angel-T; February 21, 2009 at 12:28pm.