View Poll Results: Do you want "Son of He-Man" characters in MOTUC beginning in 2016?

Voters
178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

87 48.88%
  • No

91 51.12%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you want "Son of He-Man" characters beginning in 2016?

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar

Do you want "Son of He-Man" characters beginning in 2016?

It sounds like the current plan is to include more "Son of He-Man" characters into MOTUC should we make it to 2016.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...m%2F7831027268

So, do you want "Son of He-Man" characters beginning in 2016? This possibly includes characters such as Skeleteen and Dare.

Since Mattel plans these lines well ahead of time, it's time for us to cast our vote, yes or no! Let's shape 2016 into a line of figures we actually want.

Come 2016, there will be no place left to go besides D-list characters anyways, so may as well throw some of the "new" into the mix to make MOTUC more interesting.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

No, I'm not interested in anything that features Skeleteen, Dare, Mighty Spector, Cy-Chop, Bandwidth, Gladiator, Beastlord, Red Shadow, etc. ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Come 2016, there will be no place left to go besides D-list characters anyways, so may as well throw some of the "new" into the mix to make MOTUC more interesting.
    I suppose you can call the remaining characters D-list, but what are SOHM? So far, I'd say very controversial and divisive figures. Disliked enough, we may lose too many fellow subbers/customers/fans.

I feel there are plenty of long wanted Filmation, 200x, NA, mini-comic, vintage concept, and even 2.0 characters that are much more highly desired than SOHM characters.

I guess I view all the "leftovers" as stew simmering in the same pot, as it were. I personally don't think Skeleteen or Dare would be any better or worse a character in 2016's line than Kayo, Queen Elmora, Yellow Tug Of War Guy, Melog, Kulatuk, etc.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I have said it before and will say it again. The more figures the better - Son of He-man? Bring them on out Mattel, I am waiting with my cash.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

No, I wouldn`t be interested, I couldn`t care less about SOHM.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Masks of Power Demons,
    Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter

No thank you. I think the storyline is lame and the designs are terrible from what I've seen so far.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I personally am not interested in any story beyond He-Man as He-Man IS the story to me. So for that, I voted "No". However I agree, there are few options left if they want to keep the line going.

oh yes. This and powers of Grayskull are the future of the line. Particularly this. Move the brand forward and let this be a foundation for the future. it's been a generation. Two really. Let it move ahead.

Yes! Or sooner!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Nope. Ready for the current Brand Manager, Mattycollector and Digital River to go. Reboot time.

I wish we were getting more earlier than 2016

I'd rather at least have Dare and Skeleteen before then, but I know i'm in the minority there. So yeah, if we get that far! I've loved all the new stuff so far, so I'm game for anything.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A big YES! I'd love to see these...

Absolutely not. I have zero interest in the Son of He-Man concept.

I'd much rather have improved 2.0 versions of classic characters like Teela, Frosta, and the Sorceress.

To me, Masters of the Universe is all about He-Man. Sidelining your most well known character is a mistake, IMO. If we've run of characters, then it's time to reboot the franchise (like Transformers does all the time) and do something new with it...but something new based around He-Man.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by byinfernoslight View Post
    To me, Masters of the Universe is all about He-Man. Sidelining your most well known character is a mistake, IMO. If we've run of characters, then it's time to reboot the franchise (like Transformers does all the time) and do something new with it...but something new based around He-Man.

Agreed. But we haven't yet run out of characters; only of good, imaginative, capable storytellers.....

No, I'm not interested in anything that features Skeleteen, Dare, Mighty Spector, Cy-Chop, Bandwidth, Gladiator, Beastlord, Red Shadow, etc. ...

I agree with Crusader.

No, I don't want anything to do with a new generation of He-Man characters, new stories of old characters I can deal with barely, but at least they are the old characters.

And seriously, Skeleteen is one of the worst names in the history of a line with pun names for most of the characters. Not only that, even though he just got a figure for the first time a few years ago....MOTU already has a damn He-Ro....He-Ro died centuries ago. And if they pull the BS that this He-Ro is that He-Ro and time travel....hell no.

I think it's stupid that if indeed Evil Orko there is the real Unnamed One....that he is supposed to be in that era instead of the POG era.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

BIG YES for me!!!! be cool if we could get one or 2 before then...
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

I'd be up for them, so long as they're still getting some of the requested characters from the other lines (filmation, 200x, etc..) that they missed out as well
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    No, I don't want anything to do with a new generation of He-Man characters, new stories of old characters I can deal with barely, but at least they are the old characters.

And seriously, Skeleteen is one of the worst names in the history of a line with pun names for most of the characters. Not only that, even though he just got a figure for the first time a few years ago....MOTU already has a damn He-Ro....He-Ro died centuries ago. And if they pull the BS that this He-Ro is that He-Ro and time travel....hell no.

I think it's stupid that if indeed Evil Orko there is the real Unnamed One....that he is supposed to be in that era instead of the POG era.
    I agree; the whole time-travel stunt is complete garbage. MotU, in the hands of competent storytellers, has no need of such.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    I won't begrudge the fans any of them if they do get made (so long as we don't miss Eldor because of them), but I have no interest in them myself. The original proposal failed to capture my imagination when we found out about it, and Scott's changes have not improved on it. Part of the issue with both iterations is that I don't like the idea of He-Man's victory being negated or overshadowed a mere 20 years or so down the road. Set it a few centuries or so into the future, and I'd have fewer problems with the concept.

Note that I'm a die-hard fan of the original Powers of Grayskull concept, so it's not a case of "He-Man and only He-Man". Then again, that was practically a tabula rasa for fans to do with as we will.

"Yes" to getting some Son of He-Man characters in 2016. What I am totally uninterested in, are the newly created Mattel characters and DC variants (with the exception of Despara). I would rather have POP toy line variants.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."