Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Important notice from mattycollector.com - Change to He-Man & Beast Man release dates

Important notice from mattycollector.com - Change to He-Man & Beast Man release dates

Important notice about a change in the MOTUC shipping schedule direct from mattycollector.com:

"Dear MOTU Collectors,

I’m writing to let you know that I’ve just made my first really tough decision as Master Toy Collector of Mattel. In a nutshell, we have been forced to make a trade-off between shipping according to our announced schedule and getting our figures exactly right, and I’ve decided to go with quality over speed.

The issue is removable armor for the Masters of the Universe Classics line. As you know, these figures are meant to bring the classic 1980s MOTU toy line aesthetic into the modern era. But the technical challenge of having removable armor that still holds in place with the level of quality we expect from a collector line has proved very difficult. In order to stay on schedule, we briefly considered compromising by gluing the armor for He-Man and Beast Man in place. But I realize that you, the true MOTU collectors, would much rather have the figures done right than get them a few weeks earlier. Our engineers are now re-configuring the sculpts so that the armor attaches to each figure in a uniform plug on his back, so that the armor for almost every figure will be both removable and interchangeable.

So the bad news is both He-Man and Beast Man will now be available for purchase in December. The good news is not only will their armor be awesome, but we will release them on the same day, meaning you can save on shipping by buying both figures together.

I’m bummed we’ve had this delay, but I’m glad it’s given us a chance to show you where our priorities are.

Good Journey,
    Matty"

***Updated October 15, 2008***

Mattel has let us know that all the figure release dates will definitely shift in schedule.
    So, He-Man & Beast Man will come out in December,
    then Skeletor will debut in January,
    then Stratos in February,
    followed by by a new figure each month after that.

Specific release dates will be posted on mattycollector when they are available.

Man, what a bummer!!! Well, I guess quality is want we want, right? So by saying that He-Man and Beastman will be released on the same day in December, does that mean Skeletor will be released on a different day? I hope not as I would rather get all three at once Than have to place two orders in one month. And the drama continues ...

While the delay does indeed suck - it is very promising to see that Mattel is listening to the fans. A good many of us (INCLUDING ME) want that removable armor.

I'm glad they're not compromising quality. I can wait until December.

Thanks for making sure its done right Mattel!

Court Magician
    OH MAAN!!!...December?!! That's three months.
    But..after all, I definitely pick quality over time.

Sad news but a good decision.
    2012 Create a character Runners up Mini-Sub please!!! I needs Bubblor and Major Header.

He listened to his COLLECTOR side instead of his CORPORATE side and I think that's freakin awesome.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

BUMMER! ah whatever, i've waited this long i guess i can wait a little longer.
    It's awesome mattycollector is listening to the fans, i 'll also take quality over sooner shipping.
    Most Powerful Man In The Universe

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm actually totally cool with this!

Get the figures made RIGHT? Check.

Save a few bucks by shipping 'em together? Check.

Having someone for He-Man to square off against right away? CHECK!!!

Well, it is a bit of a bummer, but I totally understand and agree with the choice.

My question is will Skeletor still be available in December as well?
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Yeah, it's a little disappointing that they're being delayed, but it's for a good reason. Kudos to Mattel for running some quality control on the line!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

The delay is fine by me, its better financially for me this way

I don't get why anyone is disappointed if they think about why its delayed, people here could not stop complaining when NECA delayed the stactions only to ship them with bad paint apps and broken parts.

I am actually impressed they are addressing the issues and being honest with us, they could easily pull what NECA and hasbrotoyshop.com do and just move the ship date without explanation
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Yeah it sucks, but maybe they will also address some of the issues with breaking that King Grayskull had.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm exstatic that Mattel is for sure making the armour removeable! As soon as I saw Beastman's arm bands and He-Man's vest I could tell they were glued on and this was one of my main concerns. I'm SO happy and impressed they're fixing this. It'll be hard to wait for the figures that extra bit of time, but I'm glad they will be putting out the best figures they can and really ARE listening to the fans.

Thank you Mattel for listening to us and loving and striving for the highest quality MOTU!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 11, 2008 at 11:59pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Majorly bummed 'cause I was impatient about the October 31st date as it was, but what can ya do? This has to be done.

Since they come out in December, now I can get them as Christmas presents. Man, if I could somehow get He-Man, Skeletor, and Beastman all on Christmas morning, that'd be fantastic!

Hmm I am okay with the delay.. wonder why they took so long to think of this now.. when it was just a little over a month that He-Man was due to come out. Oh well.. at least we will get better quality figures at the end of the year. I hope that Skeletor is not pushed back as well from his release date. If not he could be released I assume in January ( not later I hope ) with the other figure.. and then they will start the usual 1 figure a month schedule in February..

Big ups Mattel.

Even though I would have been fine if they had to glue the armor on, I'm glad they are doing right by the majority of fans who desire it to be removable. I can wait.

Now if Mattel really wants to come off looking like heroes, they should go ahead and invest n a new, softer material for the loin cloth. I know they say the shorter sculpt is going to help but the only way to really nail it is with softer plastic or rubber.

I hope if they DO re-release King Grayskull in the future his armor is removable too. It'd also be away to differentiate him from the SDCC KG.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

I'm glad they're delaying to give collectors what they want, but honestly, I don't understand the obsession with removable armor. My most vivid memories of removable armor are that it's an excellent way to make sure that the armor gets lost. He-man's naked enough already, I don't feel any need to get him nakeder . But like I said, most people disagree and want the armor to come off, I realize this, and I'm glad that Mattel cares.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I don't get why anyone is disappointed if they think about why its delayed, people here could not stop complaining when NECA delayed the stactions only to ship them with bad paint apps and broken parts.
    True. I'd happily still be waiting today to get a well-painted Classic Colors King Randor instead of the one we got.

I think its absolutly OK.
    1st december He.man and Beastman together (6figures), save shipping cost...is that true...would be cool!!
    Then 15 days later Skeletor for Christmas.

Will Skeletor still come out in December also? Please answer this for us.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I prefer quality over speed any day. I'm just glad to know that Mattel is treating this line like gold. I can wait another 3 months.

BUT IT BETTER NOT BE LONGER THAN THAT!

nuff said.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

-Very- good news. Sure, the wait isn't fun, but I'll happily take the wait if it means better quality! I think this was totally the right way to go. Plus, I'm not hating the idea of buying He-man and Beastman at the same time either.

It will be a lot more fun getting two at once. And I know they are going to be great!

I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Thanks, Matty!

I think we're taking for granted how fast a new line was created...

It takes time to get things right...this is a great thing they're doing.

THE DEMON KEY - Skelepimp Mini-Comic

Skelepimp Commissions are only a PM away....