Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Unofficial MOTUC Price Guide!

I do have a feeling we will have to constantly remind people these prices do include shipping. When I started reading the post I was hoping you did that to account for the 'free shipping' auctions.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

thanks for the awesome list!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Great work!

Snappy Threader
    Are you serious???????? This is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing this. This must have taken a lot of time to put together.....

Very good work bud!!!

Thanks a lot!!!
    Stratos75 Feedback Thread

I've had one bad deal on this board, contact me for details.

Heroic Podcaster
    Great work - thanks for all the work! Very interesting!

No surprise to see Pre-Man valued way lower than Shadow Weaver, Wun-Dar and King He-Man. Terrible idea for a sub exclusive. Glad I sold mine for cost to someone that wanted him because I sure didn't.
    Angella - Blast Attak - Buzzsaw Hordak - Dragstor - ELDOR! - ENTRAPTA! - FLUTTERINA! - Flying Fists He-Man - GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man - Lazer Light Skeletor - MERMISTA! - MultiBot - NINJOR! - Peekablue - Perfuma - RIO BLAST! - Rotar
    Saurod - SPINNERELLA! - Sssqueeze - SWEET BEE! - Terror Claws Skeletor - TUNG LASHOR! - Twistoid

Ok, I posted this guide on Matty's forums too...Thanks for the suggestion!

While it would take a lot of work to keep the entire guide up-to-date, one idea I just thought about is only keeping tabs on fan-requested favorites. Perhaps something like a list of Top Ten "Essentials" or a feature on a "Weekly Favorite". I mean, do you guys really want to keep track of Mighty Spector, Cy-Chop, and Mo-Larr?

Let me know what you think!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Ok, I posted this guide on Matty's forums too...Thanks for the suggestion!

While it would take a lot of work to keep the entire guide up-to-date, one idea I just thought about is only keeping tabs on fan-requested favorites. Perhaps something like a list of Top Ten "Essentials" or a feature on a "Weekly Favorite". I mean, do you guys really want to keep track of Mighty Spector, Cy-Chop, and Mo-Larr?

Let me know what you think!
    Anyone commanding over $60 shipped would be of interest me . I like the idea of a top ten though as well.

Shadow weaver
    Wundar
    King heman
    Fisto
    Teela
    Sorceress
    Beastman
    Merman
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    Shadow Weaver
    Wun-Dar
    King He-Man
    Fisto
    Teela
    Sorceress
    Beastman
    Scareglow
    Whiplash
    Kobra Khan
    Stinkor
    Roboto
    Ram Man
    Fang Man
    TRU BA Faker
    These are the items I think most people are interested in.

I also think you should make a notation on recent trends. I mentioned this in the ebay pricing topic. Something like there has been a noticeable increase or decrease with an up or down or arrow of some kind. Simple fact is the prices on some of these are high right now, but in six months could start going down again.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Ok, here's a look at the Top Ten Fan Favorites this week! This updated info only contains data from auctions purchased in March, to reflect the most current trends. The (+) or (-) signifies if the price went up or down since the last update:

Fang Man............$77.85 (+)
    Fisto...................$146.63 (+)
    King He-Man........$108.94 (+)
    Kobra Khan.........$66.41 (+)
    Ram Man.............$77.70 (+)
    Scareglow............$82.08 (-)
    Shadow Weaver....$175.85 (-)
    Sorceress.............$149.10 (+)
    Teela....................$138.30 (-)
    Wun-Dar..............$148.78 (+)

As a bonus, here's my analysis on two figures that showed the biggest changes in the last week...
    (Photo credits go to mwctoys.com: Michael's Review of the Week...I'll try to take my own pics next time but they won't look as nice as his, heheh!)

Biggest Gainer: Beast Man $115.79 (+28%)

It looks like Skeletor's main henchman suddenly went up in demand, going up a whopping $32 over the past month or so! I think this updated amount is the most accurate one, though, since my original average took into account auctions in January and February. This new sample is more in tune with today's going rates.

Biggest Loser: Whiplash $39.99 (-27%)

Whoa, what happened to Whiplash? Well, it looks like someone got lucky and picked up a great deal this week since this was the only Whiplash that sold in March so far. Don't celebrate quite yet, though...A couple of Whiplash's that are currently listed are already going past the $100 mark, so expect his price to skyrocket next week!

Brillent love the idea of the weekly update!

Heroic Warrior
    great idea, love the weekly update, keep it up micro-man!!

Ok, time to look at this week's numbers!

Fang Man.............$74.05 (-)
    Fisto....................$144.92 (+)
    Kobra Khan..........$64.56 (-)
    Ram Man..............$76.09 (-)
    Roboto.................$86.40 (+)
    Scareglow.............$82.08 (-)
    Shadow Weaver....$177.85 (+)
    Sorceress.............$143.82 (-)
    Teela....................$142.60 (+)
    Wun-Dar..............$140.44 (-)

Again, here's my analysis on the two biggest movers this last week...
    (King He-Man photo credit goes to toyark.com...I haven't received shipping confirmation for my March figures yet!)

Biggest Gainer: Whiplash $109.35 (+173%)

Well, Whiplash is back up to triple digits again! Sadly, it looks like last week's $40 sale was a fluke (And a lucky break for someone!) and prices are back to inflated amounts. At a 173% gain, his price fluctuations are more violent than his tail thrashings this week!

Biggest Loser: King He-Man $101.35 (-7%)

Have the mighty fallen? Well, it looks like a lot of prices fell a little this week and King He-Man turned out to be the biggest drop at 7%. However, with all the King He-Man's that will be shipping out right now, it will be interesting to see how the new King of Eternia will fare in the coming weeks!

Very helpful update!

I hope Whiplash prices calm down a bit. I think he'd round out my small collection nicely.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

cheers again man ! love these updates

Snappy Threader
    Yeah Micro I applaud this effort. Amazing work. I know from working on the Master Character List that going through all of this stuff is hard work. Cheers my friend!

Biggest Loser: Whiplash $39.99 (-27%)
    http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_motucwhip_5.jpg

Whoa, what happened to Whiplash? Well, it looks like someone got lucky and picked up a great deal this week since this was the only Whiplash that sold in March so far. Don't celebrate quite yet, though...A couple of Whiplash's that are currently listed are already going past the $100 mark, so expect his price to skyrocket next week!
    The Whiplash that sold for $39.99 was actually a Buy It Now listing, so I'm not sure you should include that in your prices. It got snatched up quickly at a great price, but I don't think it's an accurate gauge of the secondary market price as an auction listing would have sold for much more.

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like the updates! Keeping track of the top ten figures isn't so bad but I may mix it up from time to time, especially if there are other figures that collectors are more interested in. I'm interested to see how the Filmation figures perform later this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    The Whiplash that sold for $39.99 was actually a Buy It Now listing, so I'm not sure you should include that in your prices. It got snatched up quickly at a great price, but I don't think it's an accurate gauge of the secondary market price as an auction listing would have sold for much more.
    That's a good point. Normally, I ignore BIN auctions unless they sell. The way I see it, as long as the buyer and seller came to an agreement and a payment was made, it counts. The seller was willing to part with that Whiplash for $40 so it's still a secondary market transaction to me. If anything, it just goes to show: Sweet deals and opportunities can show up anytime!

I wish we could see the Best Offer amounts that sellers take, it would be nice to know what compromises are being made too!

Thanks again for all the feedback, guys, I appreciate it!

What you're doing is awesome. Keep it up.
    Btw what's up with roboto? Around Christmas I was passing on $30-34. Of course he's now one of the last figures (shadow weaver the other) I need to "complete"!! Last few auctions were in $65 range that's crazy. I'm just hoping prices are inflated now because of tax refunds.

Wow. Lots of time invested there. Major props.
    Back, even if it's just for a short while.

Ok, another week...Time for an updated look at our Eternian stock numbers, heheh!

Fang Man.............$76.14 (+)
    Fisto....................$146.53 (+)
    King He-Man.........$98.98 (-)
    Ram Man..............$75.22 (-)
    Scareglow.............$84.60 (+)
    Shadow Weaver....$184.22 (+)
    Sorceress.............$139.99 (-)
    Teela....................$141.71 (-)
    Whiplash..............$109.31 (-)
    Wun-Dar..............$134.57 (-)

Now, let's look at what happened this week, starting with a brand new figure...
    (Argh, I forgot to take new pics! So photo credits go to toyhypeusa.com and mwctoys.com...I still can't believe I missed out on this next figure by seconds!)

Biggest Gainer: Strobo $111.06

Well, Strobo is the newcomer to this list and he started with a bang! The insanely quick 60 Second sell-out, combined with concerns that future convention releases will also experience similar sell outs, has made his stock skyrocket in his debut week. He's already in triple digits! I predict his prices will get to Shadow Weaver proportions before Grayskullcon and Power Con provides collectors some much needed re-inforcements. I really want Strobo, so hopefully I'll be able to get one at Power Con!

Biggest Loser: Roboto $74.86 (-13%)

There were some significant dips in prices this last week but Roboto took the biggest dive, dropping over $10. It seems like it was a few weeks ago that a whole endcap of Roboto's was spotted at a Walmart, so maybe the new batch is circulating and causing prices to go down. Perhaps it's just those reversed shoulders and cracks in his chest, too.

Hey, another week flew by...Let's see what happened on eBay!

Beast Man............$112.84 (-)
    King He-Man.........$100.37 (+)
    Ram Man..............$75.38 (+)
    Scareglow.............$84.93 (+)
    Shadow Weaver....$186.93 (+)
    Sorceress.............$135.60 (-)
    Strobo.................$106.49 (-)
    Teela....................$139.07 (-)
    Wun-Dar..............$131.78 (-)

Who were the major movers this time?

Biggest Gainer: Fisto $153.82 (+5%)

Actually, Fisto has been steadily moving up this month! He's surpassed both Teela and Sorceress' prices lately, making him the main bread winner in this power family. It's not too surprising to see Fisto move up to the top of the MOTUC food chain, though...He's easily amongst the best figures of 2012 and it doesn't help that his distribution was one of the more controversial events of that year. Just where did those missing Fisto's go?

Biggest Loser: Fang Man $71.95 (-6%)

Again, a lot of prices dropped this week and this Filmation newcomer took the biggest dip. As an unofficial Club Exclusive, Fang Man was automatically going for higher prices but he's still selling in smaller numbers than King He-Man and Ram Man. Perhaps the cool Filmation accessories are making him a keeper or all the Buy-it-Now prices are simply too high right now.
    Last edited by Micro-Man; March 28, 2013 at 02:27pm.

Hey, another week flew by...Let's see what happened on eBay!

Beast Man............$112.84 (-)
    King He-Man.........$100.37 (+)
    Ram Man..............$75.38 (+)
    Scareglow.............$84.93 (+)
    Shadow Weaver....$186.93 (+)
    Sorceress.............$135.60 (-)
    Strobo.................$106.49 (-)
    Teela....................$139.07 (-)
    Wun-Dar..............$131.78 (-)

Who were the major movers this time?

Biggest Gainer: Fisto $153.82 (+5%)
    http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/5...tucfisto01.jpg

Actually, Fisto has been steadily moving up this month! He's surpassed both Teela and Sorceress' prices lately, making him the main bread winner in this power family. It's not too surprising to see Fisto move up to the top of the MOTUC food chain, though...He's easily amongst the best figures of 2012 and it doesn't help that his distribution was one of the more controversial events of that year. Just where did those missing Fisto's go?

Biggest Loser: Fang Man $71.95 (-6%)
    http://imageshack.us/a/img94/9899/motucfangman01.jpg

Again, a lot of prices dropped this week and this Filmation newcomer took the biggest dip. As an unofficial Club Exclusive, Fang Man was automatically going for higher prices but he's still selling in smaller numbers than King He-Man and Ram Man. Perhaps the cool Filmation accessories are making him a keeper or all the Buy-it-Now prices are simply too high right now.
    Thanks Micro, keep up the good work

Thx for doing this Micro-Man. I took all of MM's example prices done on the top ten list and averaged them out. Some were done all 4 times by MM. And a few are done twice such as Strobo,Beast Man & Kobra Kahn.

Average Price thus far from MM's Lists.
    Fang Man $74.99
    Fisto $147.97
    Ram Man $76.09
    King He-Man $102.41
    Scareglow $83.42
    Shadow Weaver $181.21
    Sorceress $142.12
    Teela $140.42
    Whiplash $109.32 Note:I did leave out the $39.99 price
    Wundar $138.89
    The rest are averaged only by 2 price points.
    Strobo $108.77
    Beast Man $114.31
    Kobra Kahn $65.48
    Not trying to steal your thunder MM. Thx again for doing these weekly price points.