Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An Unofficial MOTUC Price Guide!

A new week, time to look at the eBay numbers for the Top Ten MOTUC figures!

Battleground Teela..............$33.71 (+)
    Cy-Chop............................$29.19 (+)
    Fearless Photog..................$33.57 (+)
    Hurricane Hordak................$32.34 (+)
    Icarius...............................$31.63 (+)
    Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor............$33.22 (+)
    Netossa.............................$28.98 (-)
    Preternia Disguise He-Man....$43.52 (+)
    Sir Laser-Lot......................$30.81 (-)
    Star Sisters........................$40.83 (-)

Now let's see who made the biggest splashes this week!

Biggest Gainer: Mighty Spector $401.13 (+1205%)

The Mighty Spector has been one of the most talked about figures since his debut and with good cause. His recent media appearances in Cartoon Network's Adventure Time, as well as the latest news confirming Nicolas Cage taking the time traveling role for the new MOTU movie, has caused a lot of buzz. This has only added fuel to the Spector's established popularity. Now, parents and collectors are rushing to pick up this figure and paying top dollar for him! Pretty cool, huh?

Biggest Loser: Shadow Weaver $41.12 (-350%)

Once at the top of the MOTUC mountain, Shadow Weaver has fallen drastically in the last weeks. The early reveal of the German "Light Spinner" variant scheduled for GrayskullCon has shifted collectors' focus and now, sellers can't give away poor Shadow Weaver. After GrayskullCon, there should be twice as many Light Spinners out there...Making Shadow Weaver yesterday's news!

(Oh yeah...April Fools!)

Ok this most be some type of April Fools Joke.

Yeah, it must be said again - I hate this day

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I'm done. Every thread is now full of April Fools jokes. I'm not going to waste my time any longer reading anything here today.

Ha- good one. That Nicholas Cage thing was the best- like something out of one of my nightmares...
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iron_pride View Post
    I'm done. Every thread is now full of April Fools jokes. I'm not going to waste my time any longer reading anything here today.
    Aww, April Fools is fun...Especially when people forget about it, heheh! I got a laugh about the one saying that Lindsay Lohan was cast as Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by MLHumble View Post
    Ha- good one. That Nicholas Cage thing was the best- like something out of one of my nightmares...
    Thanks, a Nicolas Cage Spector would be pretty gruesome and yet, I could almost see Hollywood do it!

At least the numbers on the "Top Ten" are accurate (A lot of regular figures went up in price!) but I'll have the actual eBay update tomorrow with a new set of MOTUC characters!

Best April Fools day i have seen on the boards so far Micro Man, nicely done

Widget
    Neitlich would get somelike Brad Pitt or Zack Efron or Channing Tatum (Tatum Channing , what ever his name is) to play himself and he would end up as the hero and marry Teela.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Cowboy View Post
    Neitlich would get somelike Brad Pitt or Zack Efron or Channing Tatum (Tatum Channing , what ever his name is) to play himself and he would end up as the hero and marry Teela.
    Lol... Reminded me of that scene in Spaceballs where Dark Helmet is playing with his Spaceballs action figures. Wonder if TG ever fixes up Spector and Teela...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I

(Best April Fools gag I've seen on boards today btw!)

Ok, the last update was a silly April Fools prank but here's the actual one for this week. This time, I decided to change things up a little and go back to the figures that got me started with MOTUC: The Original Eight! To me, this is the set of figures that should be featured on Matty's Essentials list because they are among the most iconic first-wave figures in toy history. Chances are, these figures are going to be at the top of the wants list for most new collectors, so let's see how they're doing on eBay...

The Heroic Warriors

He-Man................$40.22 (*) Mattycollector "Retail" price
    Man-at-Arms........$52.05 (+)
    Teela....................$138.73 (-)
    Stratos.................$28.78 (-)

The Evil Warriors

Skeletor..............$38.79 (-)
    Beast Man...........$117.52 (-)
    Mer-Man..............$29.84 (+)
    Zodac.................$51.92 (-)

Total Cost: $497.83

Overall, the Original Eight are within retail prices, except for Teela and Beast Man. These two figures are essential to their respective factions and highly sought after. Both Teela and Beast Man are consistently among the Top Ten most expensive MOTUC figures so if you can find a good deal on them, you've cleared a major hurdle in your collection!

Not that I would ever sell them, but this list is awesome. thanks for putting in all the time and effort to compile it. Now just don't tell my family how much these are worth.

Another week has gone by and here's the latest look at this week's prices, starting with the Original Eight...

The Heroic Warriors

He-Man................$40.22 (*) Mattycollector "Retail" price
    Man-at-Arms........$37.97 (-)
    Teela....................$126.75 (-)
    Stratos.................$27.97 (-)

The Evil Warriors

Skeletor..............$33.87 (-)
    Beast Man...........$80.38 (-)
    Mer-Man..............$24.26 (-)
    Zodac.................$31.32 (-)

Total Cost: $402.72 (-19%)

Wow, there were a lot of big drops this week with only one figure actually making a gain! So let's see the new numbers for the week...

Fang Man.............$50.81 (-)
    Fisto....................$139.03 (-)
    King He-Man.........$76.95 (-)
    Kobra Khan..........$64.00 (-)
    Ram Man..............$66.88 (-)
    Roboto...............$60.85 (-)
    Scareglow.............$68.98 (-)
    Shadow Weaver....$175.29 (-)
    Sorceress.............$135.60 (-)
    Strobo.................$86.99 (-)

Biggest Gainer: Wun-Dar $134.74 (+2%)

In a week where MOTUC's stock dropped, the Savage He-Man fought his way into making the only profit on my list! For a He-Man repaint with Cosmic Enforcer armor, he's doing very well right now. Having the map of Eternia also helps him out a lot!

Biggest Loser: Zodac $28.49 (-40%)

While King He-Man and Fang Man took big dips down to double digits this week, Zodac came out as the technical loser with the largest percentage drop. Compared to March, April is starting out relatively quiet with only a few auctions sold. Those that do sell are significantly lower than most Buy-it-Now prices, so this could be a good time for new collectors to jump in on some nice deals!

perhaps Zodac went down in price since the 2 pack at Toysrus is on sale. At that price you could basically get a free green lantern toy for the price of a single Zodac PLUS the Toysrus Zodac had painted white gloves and human feet/boots.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I picked up a loose Wun-Dar from BBTS back in January....I just want to track down a map and a card back....at least the card back.

And these prices make me glad I picked up Teela from the 2011 BF sale for $18....she was going for $60+ then....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    perhaps Zodac went down in price since the 2 pack at Toysrus is on sale. At that price you could basically get a free green lantern toy for the price of a single Zodac PLUS the Toysrus Zodac had painted white gloves and human feet/boots.
    I prefer the TRU version to the Vintage / Classics version because of the boot feet & gloves, more Filmation accurate that way. I bought it from BBTS last year for $35, and gave my son the Green Lantern.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I must say that this is an awesome thread to see how much a collection could be worth. I would love to see a price guide for an open loose collection. But i bet that would be a lot harder to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinghsss456 View Post
    I must say that this is an awesome thread to see how much a collection could be worth. I would love to see a price guide for an open loose collection. But i bet that would be a lot harder to do.
    Thanks, I'm glad this guide is helpful! As far as loose figure values are concerned, it wouldn't be too hard to put together a guide for them. There are always loose listings for most figures on eBay. If enough people are interested, I may be able to compile a loose guide soon!

Anyway, it's been a while since I had a chance to update the Top Ten guide so here's the latest update for the month of May!

Fang Man.............$50.27 (-)
    Fisto....................$145.43 (+)
    King He-Man.........$70.08 (-)
    Kobra Khan..........$60.26 (-)
    Ram Man..............$68.35 (+)
    Shadow Weaver....$153.20 (-)
    Spirit of Hordak.....$135.60 (+)
    Strobo.................$94.30 (+)
    Teela....................$109.16 (-)
    Whiplash...............$85.21 (-)

Biggest Gainer: Scareglow $73.89 (+7%)

Once again, a lot of prices went down since the previous month but Scareglow managed to stay on top. While not an essential character, he remains a very cool figure due to his special glow-in-the-dark feature. As Castle Grayskull gets closer to being shipped out, his secret key may also help his popularity in the coming months!

Biggest Loser: Sorceress $101.16 (-25%)

Normally, the Sorceress is a consistent top seller but this month she took a big dive. For the first time in months, I saw several auctions go for less than $100. Perhaps more collectors are opting to get her cheaper loose or she's dropping in popularity in favor of newer hard-to-get figures like Strobo and Spirit of Hordak!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Where can I find the original prices for the figures? Like Megator and the two packs?
    My post count just got bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Where can I find the original prices for the figures? Like Megator and the two packs?
    I can't say for sure but I think that the giant figures were originally $35, like the beasts, and two-packs were $50. Also, the regular figures were $20 until they went up to $22 in 2012 and now, $27 this year. Hopefully, someone can confirm this for the sake of accuracy.
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

Quote Originally Posted by mkpat View Post
    Battle Cat, Panthor and Swiftwind were $30, Tytus & Megator were $40 (???) I believe.

The two packs originally were $40, for the Palace Guards....$40 sub / $44 DOS for the Snake Men.... The Horde Troopers will be $50 / $54....

Same thing with the 3-packs, Star Sisters....$60 / $66, Foe Men....$75 / $81

Figures in the 2-packs are the same price of normal figures a piece, just bundled together, Mattel gives not discounts for multiple figure packs.

Up until 2012 the sub and DOS was the same price....2012 started the figures being like a $2 difference between the sub and DOS for a normal mainline figure.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; July 31, 2013 at 12:09am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    very cool. i find it accurate. i been watching for a long time & been trying to sell some of mine off.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Ok, I've been crazy-busy lately but here's the updated numbers for the month of June!

Beast Man...........$90.41 (+)
    Fang Man.............$44.11 (-)
    Fisto....................$122.00 (-)
    King He-Man.........$67.24 (-)
    Kobra Khan..........$54.17 (-)
    Ram Man..............$63.04 (-)
    Roboto.................$50.44 (-)
    Shadow Weaver....$160.68 (+)
    Teela....................$102.65 (-)
    Whiplash...............$80.50 (-)

Once again, let's look at the biggest movers for this month...
    (Sigh, I still don't have my own photos of these figures, so photo credits go to toyhypeusa.com and collector-actionfigures.com/MattyCollector!)

As always, I hope this helps...I should have the numbers for July soon, too!

Biggest Gainer: Strobo $115.17 (+22%)

Overall, MOTUC saw a decline in both prices and number of figures sold during June but Strobo was still demanding premium prices that month. He actually broke triple digits as less of him became available. I expect his prices to peak soon before PowerCon floods the secondary market and the prices start leveling down. As evidence, I present the following figure...

Biggest Loser: Spirit of Hordak $51.57 (-62%)

Another figure with limited availability, Spirit of Hordak is proving that once his appearances became more frequent, the prices started dropping. Some collectors are still missing out on his random showings (Really, Matty? During the SDCC panel?!), which explains why his prices are still a bit high, but he's becoming more plentiful as the year rolls out. Considering that he's not the variant that's the most demanded (Where are you, Filmation Hordak?), I feel that this figure will become the new TOD Sorceress/BG Teela by the end of the year!

Well, I decided to update the price guide for all MOTUC items! The new prices reflect eBay activity from Sept/Oct 2013. There's been plenty of changes since I started this so I hope the new update is helpful to those looking to fill in gaps for their collections over the holidays!

When people say that timing is everything on these prices and patience will pay off, they are right.
    I just snagged a lot on ebay of loose classics including Beastman, ScareGlow, He-Man, Skeletor, Orko, Prince Adam, Mossman, and Stratos for $46.00. See....Dreams can come true!
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, Filmation hordak, horde trooper(s), sky high, Kevin kosse heads

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    When people say that timing is everything on these prices and patience will pay off, they are right.
    I just snagged a lot on ebay of loose classics including Beastman, ScareGlow, He-Man, Skeletor, Orko, Prince Adam, Mossman, and Stratos for $46.00. See....Dreams can come true!
    Wow That really is quite a deal. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by JSteele View Post
    I agree!! Patience is key!! I have picked up great finds on ebay at amazing prices, my greatest find was Tri Klops moc for 31 shipped about 5 months ago.

- - - Updated - - -

This guide has been extremely helpful, thanks for this thread!
    JOHN 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."