Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: An Unofficial MOTUC Price Guide!

What a great resource! It's been a year since the last update... any chance you'll get around to it anytime soon?
    =====================
    Still waiting for that 200X King Hiss torso that was advertised as included in Club Eternia 2015
    Please release Shadow Weaver again (straight re-release, repaint, or resculpt)

Quote Originally Posted by loolar View Post
    What a great resource! It's been a year since the last update... any chance you'll get around to it anytime soon?
    The biggest update this year is a sudden spike in the resale value of New Adventures figures, especially Icarius who now commands $200+ prices!

**Aprils Fools!**

Ok, seriously...Thanks for remembering my price guide! Usually, this is the time of the year that I do my annual update on it but I'm just a bit late with it this year. I'll be updating the price guide within the next couple of weeks, though. I'm excited to see what the current price of the full Mattel collection will turn out to be!
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

Just another friendly poke and sentiment of appreciation for this labor of love of yours!
    =====================
    Still waiting for that 200X King Hiss torso that was advertised as included in Club Eternia 2015
    Please release Shadow Weaver again (straight re-release, repaint, or resculpt)

Heroic Warrior
    Horde troopers and rotor and Twistoid will now be super cheap on the after market lol. .

I was just checking ebay for prices.....holy cow! Filmation he man and others! Motuc trapjaw and tri klops! Even the super7 ultimate.

I am no good at researching the prices like you are,but man. Some of these are really high. I hope you are still at this and can give us an update soon. Thanks in advance. I enjoy this thread.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Great timing on the reminder...This is usually the time of year that I look over prices again and try to update this guide!

Due to the sheer number of items in this collection now, it takes a while to compile all the numbers...I'm barely in the B's right now! For now, though, here are the "latest" prices on the new Ultimates and Club Grayskull figures, taken from last month...

Ultimates
    Faker: $77.41
    He-Man: $102.17
    Ram Man: $66.97
    Skeletor: $71.28
    Teela: $62.87

Club Grayskull
    Beast Man: $39.51
    Clawful: $29.16
    Evil Lyn: $34.75
    Evilseed: $31.06
    He-Man: $141.56
    Skeletor: $142.73
    Trap Jaw: $52.22

I hope this helps and I look forward to updating the full guide!
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

Thank you Micro-Man! I really appreciate your effort!

Widget
    There is a surge in Shadow Weaver at 220 USD. King He-man at 90 and Galactic protecter He-man 70. (Sold price). The pink Zodak weapons pak is more then $60.
    Last edited by Baba1983; April 3, 2018 at 02:06pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Great timing on the reminder...This is usually the time of year that I look over prices again and try to update this guide!

Due to the sheer number of items in this collection now, it takes a while to compile all the numbers...I'm barely in the B's right now! For now, though, here are the "latest" prices on the new Ultimates and Club Grayskull figures, taken from last month...

Ultimates
    Faker: $77.41
    He-Man: $102.17
    Ram Man: $66.97
    Skeletor: $71.28
    Teela: $62.87

Club Grayskull
    Beast Man: $39.51
    Clawful: $29.16
    Evil Lyn: $34.75
    Evilseed: $31.06
    He-Man: $141.56
    Skeletor: $142.73
    Trap Jaw: $52.22

I hope this helps and I look forward to updating the full guide!
    I've been doing my own pricing, as I am about to flip 95% of my complete MOTUC collection. Amazing to see how valuable these figures are.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, EVIL ROBOT, SAGITAR, ARTILLA, TUVAR, BADDHRA, SLIME PIT BONE WARRIOR,

Widget
    I got into this last year, I don’t think it was like that .

I've heard several people say that the prices of MOTU, both Vintage and Classics, has risen recently due to Netflix's The Toys That Made Us.

Widget
    i am a new motu collector, cause this new filmation grayskull stuff reminds me of my childhood, like 1:1 to cartoon, so i started to collect that ones that i remember from the filmation 80's and i have a question.

when was the last time that mattel-shop got new master toys (classic and filmation)?
    cause i see they had heman and skeletor filmation for a normal price now heman and skeletor are very expensive.
    so do you think mattelshop will get new or other classic or filmation motus in future? or this is only the rest they sell, cause i heard super7 have now the motu rights.

best regards

Quote Originally Posted by sarkami View Post
    i am a new motu collector, cause this new filmation grayskull stuff reminds me of my childhood, like 1:1 to cartoon, so i started to collect that ones that i remember from the filmation 80's and i have a question.

when was the last time that mattel-shop got new master toys (classic and filmation)?
    cause i see they had heman and skeletor filmation for a normal price now heman and skeletor are very expensive.
    so do you think mattelshop will get new or other classic or filmation motus in future? or this is only the rest they sell, cause i heard super7 have now the motu rights.

best regards
    Mattel shop got their last toys near the end of last summer - horde troopers and maybe a few other things were surfacing in their warehouses.

Super 7 has since released power con exclusives and a wave of classics and filmation in the same scaling with the same packaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "We must always value life, even the life of one who opposes us." - He-man, The Power of the Evil Horde (Mattel 1985).
    "...I believe in the sanctity of all life." - He-man, "The Arena" (Filmation 1984)

Widget
    thanks,

and is there a possibility that for example super7 (or somebody else?) brings out heman and skeletor filmation again, or at least variants of the both? cause prices are high now, and every collector is needing this both. dont want to buy them for 250+ euros and suddenly someone brings them out for 25dollar^^, like mattel did last summer. what would you do? pay the ebay prices or wait?

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Baba1983 View Post
    There is a surge in Shadow Weaver at 220 USD. King He-man at 90 and Galactic protecter He-man 70. (Sold price). The pink Zodak weapons pak is more then $60.
    I have noticed the prices for quite a few of the figures have really jumped up in price the last couple months. I have been looking for a few pieces and it has ben painful seeing how much the sold prices are above what the same things sold for a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post
    I've heard several people say that the prices of MOTU, both Vintage and Classics, has risen recently due to Netflix's The Toys That Made Us.
    I have wondered if that was the reason. If so, I hope it creates momentum for CC and GC. It could also be due to wave 1 from Super 7 finally coming out. Besides the ultimates and last year's Power-Con exclusives, it has been awhile since we have had new characters in the line. And with characters like Hordak, Teela, and Man-at-Arms being released again, people may be thinking of getting back into the line. I wonder if traffic on this site has increased at all recently? that would be a good indiction that people are getting interested in MOTU.

Quote Originally Posted by sarkami View Post
    thanks,

and is there a possibility that for example super7 (or somebody else?) brings out heman and skeletor filmation again, or at least variants of the both? cause prices are high now, and every collector is needing this both. dont want to buy them for 250+ euros and suddenly someone brings them out for 25dollar^^, like mattel did last summer. what would you do? pay the ebay prices or wait?
    Possibly. Super 7 does't have access to the original molds of those characters but after the next wave, they will have created new tooling for most of the parts on filmation He-Man and Skeletor. Considering the demand for these figures, it would be crazy for them not to bring them out again. However, considering that they have said that they do not like straight reissues, there are likely to be some changes. My hope is for a second head for both. And of course, they would come with better ankle joints since all the newer Filmation figures do. Anyway, I would wait until at least SDCC to see if they announce a new Filmation He-man and Skeletor before paying almost $200 for each.

Just a quick update: I'm almost done with the guide update (On the R's now!)...

While some of the less popular figures have dropped to the $20+ range, it's the core characters that have gone up significantly in the past few years. One pair, in particular, surprised me; The cats!

Battle Cat: $125.93
    Panthor: $169.18