Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: An Unofficial MOTUC Price Guide!

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    This thread looks like it is well managed and can be highly helpful. Thanks for doing this Micro-Man.
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack, "new" characters as designed by Axor (Axel)

Here's an update for 03/28/14: I added all the new items that have been released since the last update!

Only the following new items are up-to-date in price...

Castle Grayskull
    Geldor
    Glimmer
    Hydron
    Jet Sled w/ Sky High
    Lord Dactus
    Mantenna
    Modulok
    Nepthu
    Plundor
    Sea Hawk
    Skeletor
    Standor
    Rokkon & Stonedar
    Strong-Or
    Two-Bad
    Weapons Pak: End of Wars

Everything else still shows October 2013's prices from the previous update...I hope this helps!
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

Well, I had a chance to do my yearly update of this guide last month. This time, I even updated every figure's price, not just the new ones. It's amazing to see that the entire collection is getting close to the $10K mark on eBay...I remember that a lot of the prices were only a little more than the Matty "retail" cost when I first started collecting MOTUC a couple of years ago!

As always, I hope this helps!
    "Snake Mountain is a place of power and sorcery...and you've squandered it!" - Keltra

Heroic master of drums DrumMaster's Avatar
    Thank you for the time spent for creating that guide. Very nice to have in hands.

Heroic Warrior Strongdar, Master of Acom's Avatar
    Nice work. Here's the Hall of Shame, a.k.a. the Under $25 Club, the top 10 most worthless figures in the line. Well, just one is over $25, Plundor. Chief Carnivus just missed taking his place by 3 cents.

Not looking good for a New Adventures sub...Every one besides Optikk, He-Man, She-Ra and Skeletor made the Hall of Shame. Half of the Hall Shame are NA figures.

Icarius.........................$19.84 (+)
    The Faceless One.........................$20.92 (-)
    Flogg...................$21.83 (-)
    Count Marzo....................$22.40 (+)
    Adora...$22.76 (+)
    Hydron.......................$23.16 (-)
    Karatti...................................$23.99 (-)
    Slush Head......................................$24.75 (-)
    Geldor..............................$24.86 (-)
    Plundor..............................$26.03 (-)
    Last edited by Strongdar, Master of Acom; April 6, 2015 at 07:17pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Its a great list, but I didn't pay anywhere near these prices for any of my EBAY purchases.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strongdar, Master of Acom View Post
    Nice work. Here's the Hall of Shame, a.k.a. the Under $25 Club, the top 10 most worthless figures in the line. Well, just one is over $25, Plundor. Chief Carnivus just missed taking his place by 3 cents.

Not looking good for a New Adventures sub...Every one besides Optikk, He-Man, She-Ra and Skeletor made the Hall of Shame. Half of the Hall Shame are NA figures.

Icarius.........................$19.84 (+)
    The Faceless One.........................$20.92 (-)
    Flogg...................$21.83 (-)
    Count Marzo....................$22.40 (+)
    Adora...$22.76 (+)
    Hydron.......................$23.16 (-)
    Karatti...................................$23.99 (-)
    Slush Head......................................$24.75 (-)
    Geldor..............................$24.86 (-)
    Plundor..............................$26.03 (-)
    I guess this just confirms which ones are unwanted, unsupported and reviled by some (many) for different reasons.
    Last edited by CapricornDefender; April 6, 2015 at 08:35pm.

Heroic Warrior
    How is optikk so highly wanted? Can anyone fill me in on this? How did he become one that goes for more. When he first came out, I don't recall him doing excellent at selling.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post
    How is optikk so highly wanted? Can anyone fill me in on this? How did he become one that goes for more. When he first came out, I don't recall him doing excellent at selling.
    He sold out in 14 minutes. He's harder to find than the other NA figures too.
    Wanted in MOTUC: Masks of Power Demons, Prince Dakon, Vintage Attack Trak, POP Vintage Variants completed, NA Vintage completed, Mini-Comics Tri-Klops, Ice Armor He-Man, Skeleteen

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    He sold out in 14 minutes. He's harder to find than the other NA figures too.
    I had no idea til I went to go buy one on ebay for an idea I had, and I was like whaaaa? That's crazy.

Thanks for updating this list.

As far as NA,the only way a mini sub will go through,is if Mattel just pushes it through. I can not see getting more than 60% on our own. Such a shame too,we were so close to finishing all vintage factions.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by unclassified View Post

Because he is "AWESOME" ????

He was my 1st official purchase from Matty Collector (He-Man & Battle Cat unofficially arrived early to my place from an unknown dimension called "eBay" ) back in 2010 & I absolutely had ZERO knowledge about him........

BUT THEN, I thought........ "Man......... I Should Buy This Golden Suited Eye Ball Man !"
    Looking For Super 7's Club Grayskull Wave 1 Figures (Hordak, Teela, Man-At-Arms & Tri-Klops) !

Thanks for taking the time to do this micro man.

This is a great list. Thanks for putting in the time.
    Coming straight out of Preternia, tribal chieftess and the original WARRIOR GODDESS, SHARELLLA!!!

Sharella needs her day in Classics. She is the only remaining vintage POG character that needs a figure.
    Support Sharella for Collectors Choice!

My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Sharella, Hunga the Harpy, Sagitar, Snake Goddess & Red Beast

Wow...Ebay is a rip off!

Heroic Warrior Bender Rodríguez's Avatar
    I suggest that this thread should be a sticky one.

^ agree , lets keep this thread going
    the Action Figure Blues Podcast is live and is now available for direct download! or Download and subscribe to the podcast at iTunes now! Fellow Collectors Talking all things in the world of Action Figure Collecting.

He does a ton of work for this thread,but man is it amazing! It's fun to see where the market is at from time to time.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic Warrior
    This is very nice! He-Man is cheap huh?

Thanks, guys...I'm glad to hear that this guide continues to be helpful! Updating it takes a while, so I usually wait when I have serious downtime at work and use this to keep busy during slow periods. If time allows it, I might do a few "Top Ten" updates with a quick look at some of the "hot" figures at the moment, like Hover Robots or Spirit of Grayskull!

Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    This is very nice! He-Man is cheap huh?
    Well, the last time I updated the prices, in April, He-Man was still available on Matty. I kinda dread compiling the new eBay price on him because nearly every MOTUC auction has "He-Man" in the title and I end up going through tons of entries before I actually find him, heheh!

I do look forward to completing this guide at the end of the year with every single MOTUC figure logged in... And I may make separate sections for MOTUCC and the new Filmation line later on, so any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks again for all the support, I appreciate it!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    This is great work! I'm amazed at how much time and effort has gone into this. Much appreciated!

Fantastic work, sir! I did very much the same over the last two years as I assembled my collection, since I came to the line late (2013). This is a wonderful resource, and knowing what a pain looking through the ebay filters are, it's all the more impressive (e.g., they removed the shipping cost once the auction ended so you had to click through to the auction page to see the actual cost+shipping - why, ebay, why?).

Please keep it up!

Ok, another year has gone by and now MOTUC is officially done (Although I still count Collector's Choice as MOTUC), so it's time to update this price guide to include all the 2015 figures and the most recent prices! These new prices reflect the most current auctions in January 2016, so it's already a month old but it should still serve as a good approximate guide. It's crazy to see that the entire collection has surpassed the $10K mark!

Well, I hope this helps and thanks for looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Ok, another year has gone by and now MOTUC is officially done (Although I still count Collector's Choice as MOTUC), so it's time to update this price guide to include all the 2015 figures and the most recent prices! These new prices reflect the most current auctions in January 2016, so it's already a month old but it should still serve as a good approximate guide. It's crazy to see that the entire collection has surpassed the $10K mark!

Well, I hope this helps and thanks for looking!
    Has it really surpassed $10,000?!? That's amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by dorrmann View Post

Has it really surpassed $10,000?!? That's amazing!
    I'm betting most of us (myself included) have probably spent $5000+ trying to go "all in" for the past 8 years. Heck, at ~150 figures x $30 a pop + big items + that wonderful shipping & tax? 5 grand may be conservative.

Widget
    AMAZING list. I love the effort thats been put into the upkeep of it!

Looks like I'm going to be flooding ebay this weekend. I have at least 2 of almost everything MOC/MISB and they are just sitting in totes in my garage, and I could use the money to make upgrades to my house