Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What POP figures do you think will be included in the 2014/2015 lines?

Heroic Warrior

What POP figures do you think will be included in the 2014/2015 lines?

Hey guys....I've seen Toyguru say a few times that he wants to get to releasing all the vintage MOTU figures by the end of 2015, and the core POP and NA characters as well. (NA I couldn't care less about really) Well what POP characters does he call core? There isn't physically the right months over 2 years to get to releasing all those figures unless they release extras along the way. So my question is, which POP figures do you think will be released along with all the vintage MOTU figures? Just curious to see how everyone felt about the POP faction and how much love particular characters get, and which ones no one cares about. Cheers!

All I know is I want them all before the end!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    As do I!

Scott has several times mentioned Glimmer, Queen Angella, and Mermista as the "A-List" POP characters. I totally expect to get at least Glimmer and Queen Angella next year, Mermista would be awsome too, but she will take much more tooling. I also hope we get Peekablue, she's my favorite of the remaining Great Rebellion characters, but I would expect her to be held for a possible 2015 line.

I want them all, and more than I do most of the remaining vintage MOTU characters. I don't think there is a POP character that NO one cares about, same with MOTU. I would say Spinnerella rates low, she was only in one episode of the cartoon and her vintage figure is near impossible to find.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Hmm...who I think will make the cut:

These are about 100% certain:

Glimmer
    Angella
    Mermista (I think one of the 4H mentioned wanting to get to her... maybe Cornboy?)
    Kowl (as a pack in or Weapons pack item)
    I think the following have a possible chance, but not certain:

Peekablue (they have most of the tooling done already thanks to Netossa.)
    Entrapta (gets a bit of a bump by being a Horde member)
    Lookee (maybe as a pack in or Weapons pack item)

Have a much smaller chance of being made

Sweet Bee
    Perfuma
    Spinerella (which would be a shame, because Netossa will be lonely)
    Double Trouble.

Now that is what I think is realistic. Me personally, I want them all to be made.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Actually over on the Matty forums TG stated that the new roadmap/plan will get us ALL the vintage MOTU and POP figures by the end of 2015 (not counting variants). So if that holds true and sub numbers reach their quotas we should have all the remaining POP ladies in 2014/2015.

You can read TG's statement here:

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...7/m/7031036808
    Classics won't feel complete unless ALL vintage MOTU POP & NA are included
    TOP 35 WANTS
    MOTU:TungLashor/Gwildor/Dragstor/Saurod/Ninjor
    POP:Angella/Mermista/Peekablue/Perfuma
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/Andros/Hoove
    FILMATION: DreeElle/Imp/Montork/Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque
    MISC:Lodar/Veena/Miro/Delora/Hawke/OOLarr/Prahvus/Dare/EvilSeed

I agree the way it sounds all ten of the remaining POP girls will be here by the end of 2015. I would love to see Glimmer, Angella, Mermista, and Entrapta in 2014!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectorZartan View Post
    Actually over on the Matty forums TG stated that the new roadmap/plan will get us ALL the vintage MOTU and POP figures by the end of 2015 (not counting variants). So if that holds true and sub numbers reach their quotas we should have all the remaining POP ladies in 2014/2015.

That is AWESOME news. I really thought we'd only get 2 or 3 more of the characters. I've been waiting for these POP characters to be released like they were in the filmation cartoon since I was a child, so I'd be shattered if we didn't manage to get to most of them at least.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    I'd expect to see Glimmer, Angella, Mermista and Entrapta in MOTUC if the line lives on beyond 2013. I'm not so sure about the other characters however...
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Imp / Vultak / Hunga
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Heroic Warrior
    The "confirmed" A-Listers are Glimmer, Queen Angella and Mermista. Also Scorpia if we're including Filmation POP/The Evil Horde. I would expect to see all of those in 2014/2015.

However, Toyguru has recently said that the revised release for 2014/2015 (IF there are subscriptions in those years) would include ALL vintage POP which would mean: Glimmer, Queen Angella, Mermista, Double Trouble, Perfuma, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Peekablue, Entrapta, Kowl and Loo-Kee. It probably wouldn't include any variants such as a "toy design" She-Ra and Catra or Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, etc.

Toyguru hasn't indicated the extent to which it would include Filmation POP including: Madame Razz and Broom, Sea Hawk, Granita and General Sunder. Or any members of The Evil Horde from Filmation POP such as Vultak, Filmation Hordak and Imp (in addition to the previously mentioned Scorpia).

all of the gals will be made

I have a feeling most of them will be made sooner or later.

Those I would bet money on being made:
    Glimmer
    Queen Angella
    Kowl
    Madam Razz and Broom
    Mermista

I personally want a Razz, Perfuma, Flutterina, and Peekablue. So hoping they get those 4 out ASAP.

I'm not even counting Scorpia and Entrapta here, because they are Horde and WILL be made.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    With so many figures left to make with potentially only 24 sub spots, I think only the biggest and fan-demanded will get made:

Glimmer
    Scorpia
    Mermista
    Queen Angella
    Peekablue
    Sweet Bee
    Entrapta

Exclusives or Pack-ins

Madame Razz w/Broom
    Kowl
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

Definitely

Glimmer
    Queen Angella
    Peekablue
    Mermista
    Kowl

Maybe

Entrapta
    Sweet Bee

Double Trouble
    Flutterina
    Perfuma
    Spinnerella
    Loo-Kee
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

I hope they all get made. Every single one.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

I think he'll try to get everyone in if he can. Most people who want PoP characters usually
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

I think the following are no-brainers because they are major players in the show, as well as classic toy first wave releases:
    Angella
    Glimmer
    Kowl

The rest are tricky... there's the ones I really want vs. the ones most likely to get a slot. So, putting on my Matty Thinking Cap, I'd guess the following are most likely:

Double Trouble (in fact, I wouldn't doubt her coming later in 2013... she is obscure, and up until recently before all the panic, they've been pretty good at slotting in these kinds of obscure characters that also happen to make great action figures. She is also that rare figure that happens to tick several boxes all at once: she's a classic PoP toy, she's the only classic PoP character to NEVER appear in Filmation, she's part of The Great Rebellion, she's also part of The Evil Horde, in the mini-comics she sided with The Evil Horde-less version of Catra, she has a gimmick that is the female counterpart to Man-E-Faces, she is a blank slate accessory-wise, so the Four Horsemen might enjoy the liberty of creating new weapons specifically for her, or taking the opportunity to pack in fan-requested items. If she's not 2013, I really believe she'll be a 2014/2015 choice for the listed reasons).

Entrapta (as the only other existing female villainess in PoP, I imagine ToyGuru would be good to us by completing this tiny faction before the line ends).

Mermista (out of all the 2nd and 3rd wave classic PoP toys, she seems to be the most-wanted by both PoP enthusiasts and "regular" fans. I don't think anybody is going to say no to a hot mermaid in their collection, and the Four Horsemen should be able to knock this one out of the park).

Sweet Bee (because she has pretty much starring roles in two of the more interesting PoP episodes late in the series, and her looks in both the classic toyline and Filmation would translate well into action figure form).

Peekablue (out of the rest of the gals, she is more visually striking and might make for a more interesting-looking figure than some of the others. Plus she is not going to be all that complex to make and won't require much new tooling, already having those Netossa pieces available for reuse).

I'm not so sure about the chances of Flutterina, Perfuma, Spinnerella, or Loo-Kee. Not that I don't want them, but seeing as the plans for the line have changed, I don't know where ToyGuru ranks these final four. Once upon a time, I could see Spinnerella being a 4th quarter wild card kind of figure thrown into a year- her classic toy was impossible to come by and she goes for a small fortune on the secondary market. She would be a figure that PoP fans would most likely welcome, simply because they never owned her before. But nowadays, I think most folks would agree that they want Mermista, Angella, and Entrapta before Spinny.

Regardless of what Scott has said, I don't think we'll see all 10 remaining POP gals in 2014/15. There's likely to be 24 sub slots through that time and with 20+ vintage MOTU remaining in addition to the core NA characters, I just don't see 10/24 going to POP. There may be some additional POP Filmation to add though.

Also, I don't see any more POP coming in 2013 with Netossa already out and Castaspella coming in August. There are only 2 spots left after Mantenna and Geldor and they are likely to be filled by 200X, vintage MOTU, or Filmation. There's a possibility of an exclusive POP figure, but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Last edited by Zodach; March 7, 2013 at 09:43am.

Speaking strictly about the vintage PoP toy characters, I think the givens are Glimmer, Angella, and Mermista. "Second tier" characters that might make it would be Peekablue and Sweet Bee, maybe Double Trouble and Entrapta. Long shots (even though I'd love to get them!) would be Perfuma, Flutterina, and Spinnerella. I say do a preorder for a Perfuma, Flutterina, and Spinnerella three pack and let customers pay for it over three months ($25 a month) to get those ladies out

I Have heard that every POP Cara should be out untill end 2015?
    Really?Really?

Everyone thinks different, but all i want left from POP is:

Glimmer
    Kowl
    Perfuma

All the other Cara from POP i want are Filmation Cara like:
    Madam Razz,Sea Hawk,Imp and Co.

So, for my Person it is waste of Space and Time to bring Sweet Bee,Mermista,Spinnerella or Angella
    when Guys from NA will never come out.
    But everyone will see it different.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

No offense, but we heard that once before, and then backtracked on quite fast; I'll wait and see what gets made before getting my hopes up.

I do hope this is true, though I can see figures like Spinerella (one short appearance in the cartoon) and Double Trouble (no appearance at all) being at the bottom of the list. I'd still like to see them both made, though.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Before the end of the line, I can honestly see all of the PoP girls being made. Glimmer and Angella need to be done sooner rather than later. At the very least, Glimmer needs to happen next year. Entrapta and Double Trouble I would love to see just because they're part of the evil PoP faction along with Catra, and the Horse needs more females! Lookee definitely has a chance to be an Orko like figure, probably packed in with someone else. The rest, I couldn't care less about, personally. I won't mind getting them, but I'd rather have Filmation PoP figures first(ie: Madame Razz, Scorpia, Hunga the Harpy).

Actually over on the Matty forums TG stated that the new roadmap/plan will get us ALL the vintage MOTU and POP figures by the end of 2015 (not counting variants).
    I don't think we will get all of these figures by the end of 2015 unless the subscription retains all of the quarterly slots. You also have to consider that NA and 200X are going to take up 2-3 spots each year.

1. Two Bad
    2. Modulok
    3. Extendar
    4. Rio Blast
    5. Stonedar
    6. Rokkon
    7. Dragstor
    8. Horde Trooper
    9. Multi-Bot
    10. Tung Lashor
    11. Blast Attack
    12. Ninjor
    13. Rotar
    14. Twistoid
    15. Squeeze
    16. Blade
    17. Saurod
    18. Gwildor
    19. Angella
    20. Double Trouble
    21. Glimmer
    22. Flutterina
    23. Mermista
    24. Peekablue
    25. Perfuma
    26. Sweet Bee
    27. Entrapta
    28. Spinnerella

I want all of them.

I think all of them will be made.

Females are cheaper to make, and I think the more we see of the POP ladies as made by the 4H, the more people will want them BADLY.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Yep. I think all of them wil be made too. There's no way Scott can hang his head whigh with pride if the line ended with making the Star Sisters, but all of the other characters who actually had figures back in the day don't get made. I really think he'll do everything he can to see that every character that had a vintage figure gets made.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"