Thread: Answers to WTFWTK 2.95!

Answers to WTFWTK 2.95!

Mattel has once again provided answers to your questions.
    Thanks again to them for taking the time to answer these!
    Check out their answers to your Round 95 questions!

This round of questions were selected by bObA_fEtt_Ox.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!

1. grayskull's heir: Many people have criticized the size of Castle Grayskull. There is a difference in size between the b-sheet and the prototype. Plus the height of the base also makes the doorway smaller. Will the prototype be changed to match the height and size originally shown in the b-sheet, while also adjusting the base to give the doorway more height?

The Castle will continue to be an evolving process and yes, it is slightly smaller compared to the foam model and specs given (which were noted as subject to change- and they did). The entire process of making and promoting this playset is very unprecedented and we expect the Castle to continue to change. We will do our best to constantly update customers on all changes and please do note that if any customer is in any way unhappy with the product you can cancel your order through Aug 30th. We don't want to force anyone to buy a product they don't want!

2. captainmendoc: When the pod is removed from the top of Castle Grayskull's crown could there be a hole inside that would mate with the long part of the Wind Raider stand, or could the hole in the base of the Wind Raider mate with the top of the castle in some way?

No, the hole in the top doesn't work this way. It only holds the "pawn" piece which is removable.

3. boba_fett_ox: is it possible to change the prison in Castle Grayskull so we can see a character's head and not only their chest?

No, we won't be able to make this change to the sculpt.

4. psy_coma77: Now with a solid relationship between Mattel and DC/Warner, how about working with Warner's Interactive's Netherrealm studios to produce a MOTU fighting game?

A very cool suggestion but nothing is planned at this time.

5. Vaultsofgrayskull: Can you replace a beast slot or multi-pack slot with a vehicle slot in future subscriptions so that you end up selling enough to make it worth your while and we get vehicles we're otherwise at risk of not seeing?

We have offered vehicles in the past (Windraider) and it did not perform to expectations (despite having a relatively low run). This makes it a little more difficult to make additional vehicles.

--------------------

Click here to ask questions in Round 97!
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 1.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 2.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 3.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 4.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 5.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 6.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 7.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 8.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 9.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 10.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 11.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 12.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 13.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 14.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 15.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 16.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 17.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 18.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 19.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 20.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 21.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 22.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 23.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 24.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 25.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 26.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 27.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 28.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 29.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 30.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 31.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 32.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 33.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 34.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 35.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 36.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 37.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 38.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 39.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 40.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 41.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 42.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 43.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 44.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 45.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 46.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 47.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 48.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 49.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 50.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 51.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 52.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 53.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 54.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 55.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 56.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 57.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 58.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 59.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 60.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 61.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 62.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 63.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 64.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 65.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 66.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 67.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 68.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 69.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 70.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 71.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 72.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 73.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 74.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 75.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 76.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 77.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 78.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 79.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 80.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 81.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 82.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 83.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 84.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 85.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 86.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 87.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 88.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 89.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 90.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 91.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 92.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 93.
    Click here to read the responses to the questions from Round 93.
    And, have fun discussing Mattel's answers to your Round 95 questions!

I have come to the sad realization that this is the Grayskull we are getting. I have a few concerns that may or may not be an issue and will ultimately make my decision to cancel or not.
    First and foremost, my Castle will be a display piece on a shelf as a "backdrop." My nephew does, on occassion, come over and when he does, LOVES playing with my figures.

1. Will I be able to open the Castle and display it at a 180 degree angle.
    2. Will the interior floors be able to be installed and removed or is it a one-time installation?
    3. Since it will be mostly as a backdrop, the hinge needs to be lowered. I want to display He-Man on the jawbridge and not have his head crammed or need to have his legs bent in order to fit.

For the price, if it won't be in scale, I'd rather spend less on the IconHeroes Grayskull and use it as a piece that looks to be "in the distance."

This "castle is an evolving process" comment is worrying,imo,b/c it means that we will be getting nowhere near what we saw at NYTF and it will probs be most likely that the final product will be way overpriced,seeing as they have already put it up $25,and they're still talking/hinting at cuts.

Does anybody else think Mattel got their numbers wrong on the Windraider,the more we hear that they still have stock the more i think they were looking too sell two or three to each buyer.It didn't sell out on release,or re-release and they still have enough stock to offer max quantity on Matty,exactly how much were made???

If nothing is allowed to change on the castle sculpt-wise and such shouldn't that statement be "castle is a devolving process" especially when more things could be cut...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I've said it once, I'll say it again -- Mattel needs to hold a pre-order for any future vehicles to gauge demand. If the vehicle pre-orders are sufficient, make the vehicle. If not, then don't make it.

They must have overestimated the Wind Raiders needed and it bit them in the ass.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I've said it once, I'll say it again -- Mattel needs to hold a pre-order for any future vehicles to gauge demand. If the vehicle pre-orders are sufficient, make the vehicle. If not, then don't make it.

They must have overestimated the Wind Raiders needed and it bit them in the ass.
    I agree 100% They should have a pre-order system set up, like they had to gauge interest with Castle Grayskull.

Also, I hate to slam the Windraider, but even as a kid, I thought that vehicle was boring. If they had started with the Battle Ram, I think they would have had higher sales.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

27 per cent less is not "slightly" smaller.
    Would you buy a car that is the 27 per cent smaller compared to the pohto they showed you to pre-order?

Im not saying that the catle is bad, the sculpt of the castle is amazing, im complaining about the false communication mattel always have when regarding the motuc line.

Fudge Supreme Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    5. Vaultsofgrayskull: Can you replace a beast slot or multi-pack slot with a vehicle slot in future subscriptions so that you end up selling enough to make it worth your while and we get vehicles we're otherwise at risk of not seeing?

We have offered vehicles in the past (Windraider) and it did not perform to expectations (despite having a relatively low run). This makes it a little more difficult to make additional vehicles.

I agree that they should try a preorder.

Having said that, Mattel's logic on what to include and not include in a sub drives me NUTS!

They justify it based on item 'category' and not the popularity of each individual item/character/etc. For example, Battle Cat selling well outside of the sub justifies the continued existence of ~$30 beasts in the sub, even when rather obscure beasts like the Griffin are made (and for the record I do like the Griffin, but it is rather obscure and I do question how well it would have sold had it not been a sub item).

Now granted, the Wind Raider is a pretty "A-list" vehicle. There's arguably more demand for the Battle Ram (which I would love to see), but none the less when a vehicle as well known as the Wind Raider performs below expectations, I can see their reluctance to continue with them (especially when there's little to no reuse for the tooling). And it sounds like they didn't "overproduce" them compared to most other items... they basically made enough to cover the minimum (or maybe a little more than the minimum) of what they need to sell to justify the cost of tooling, etc.

But still, this is the company that seems to think because VERY well known standard figures, beasts, etc, sell well outside of the subscription, that ANY figure, beast, etc, no matter how obscure, will be just as wanted and puts them in the subscription.

What difference does it make if they are doing this with a vehicle or not? Heck, I'm sure a lot of people would have preferred to be "forced" into buying a Wind Raider rather than the Star Sisters, for example. Given the option to trade, many would likely jump on it.

The logic and justification for certain items and not others is silly and inconsistent.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I just don't get why Mattel doesn't do this. It won't cost much to draw up some quick plans. They could even just show the 4H-sculpted Battle Ram prototype and put up a preorder based on that! What's the big deal? I cancelled my Grayskull order, but I know I would buy the Battle Ram. It's already scuplted, so just go with it!!

The only thing I would change about the 4H Battle Ram is to add a little plug-hole under the Sky Sled so it could be placed on the Wind Raider "flying" stand. Or, it could just come with its own "flying" stand. I'm just hoping beyond hope for an awesome Battle Ram pre-order announcement at SDCC.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I think that Mattel is not interested right now. I think its time we give the whole vehicle thing a rest (Mattel has made it very clear their position on the matter) and quit asking about them. Then ask a cople years or more down the road to try again (provided the line is still around). Right now they are still dealing with Castle Grayskull and preorder on that. If they get enough cancellations on it, then it might also not end good. Thus, the whole preorder thing kinda falls apart.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    It was only supposed to take a month for the "Most powerful game in the universe" to come to android, and it still hasn't. When will this game be available to those of us who don't have an ipad?

Quote Originally Posted by csc0709 View Post
    I think that Mattel is not interested right now. I think its time we give the whole vehicle thing a rest (Mattel has made it very clear their position on the matter) and quit asking about them. Then ask a cople years or more down the road to try again (provided the line is still around). Right now they are still dealing with Castle Grayskull and preorder on that. If they get enough cancellations on it, then it might also not end good. Thus, the whole preorder thing kinda falls apart.
    Maybe, but it seems like the answer in this Q+A is not so strongly anti vehicle. Looks like the possibility is there (no matter how slim right now) and the dreaded catch phrase that all the wind raiders must sell before they will look at vehicles again wasn't brought up (like it has in all the other Q+As). I think somehow, someway we will get Battleram at least maybe not for a couple more years, but I think we'll get him eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Maybe, but it seems like the answer in this Q+A is not so strongly anti vehicle. Looks like the possibility is there (no matter how slim right now) and the dreaded catch phrase that all the wind raiders must sell before they will look at vehicles again wasn't brought up (like it has in all the other Q+As). I think somehow, someway we will get Battleram at least maybe not for a couple more years, but I think we'll get him eventually.
    I for one will NEVER give up the fight for the Battle Ram. It is my favorite vehicle. I think VaultsofGrayskull's idea about replacing a beast to ensure better sales is a good one. Besides, I'm over the beast thing. I don't want or need any more. I DO need a Battle Ram.

Oh come on??? Lets talk about my fighting game idea more!!!!