Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose?

Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose?

New answer from Toyguru.

"In the plan we hit all vintage MOTU and POP as well as key NA figures. We also hit character from other media that are major fan request ( ie Geldor, Shokoti, etc...)

What we don't hit are some of the NA more obscure toys and variants and some POP variants (ie Shower Power Catra, Too tall Hoove).

Obviously this is dependent each year on hitting the sub number etc, but if we get to 2014 and 2015, the revised roadmap should complete the major MIA characters including vintage toy characters. With rising costs, we want to maximize each slot. What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose. (Unless of course any of those figs are in the yet announced 2013 slots)."

Potential hint for an unannounced slot? I am hoping for Dare.
    Last edited by evenflow; March 4, 2013 at 09:18pm.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Red Beast Plz!

No Shower Power Catra? This line is a DISASTER!!!!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

How is that a hint? He all but says that those characters aren't possible until 2016. It's the un-hintiest hint there's ever been. It's basically a tombstone.

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    How is that a hint? He all but says that those characters aren't possible until 2016. It's the un-hintiest hint there's ever been. It's basically a tombstone.
    Because of the comment unless one is included already in the sub.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No Shower Power Catra? This line is a DISASTER!!!!
    Nooooooo!!!
    Please see my arts gallery here: www.pcpfh.wordpress.com Have fun browsing!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    No Oo-Larr. Bummer.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    No Oo-Larr. Bummer.
    Yeah. No one has requested that figure.

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Terrible.
    This ticks me off. I would like an Illumina, Dare, and especially Red Beast. Those are the reasons I'm even still interested. I don't care about any vintage figures that are left. I really hope that a slot or slots (SDCC?) left in 2013 are for concepts.
    It's a shame that Scott bought into the repetitive posts from the louder-than-numerous people who freaked out about concept characters last summer.

I'm wondering if we might not see a Dare vs son of Skeletor 2-pack as a SDCC exclusive? Iit would be a good way to re-use that He-Man statue they always modify and lug out.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I wouldn't be surprised to see Dare in the Main Sub...

But it won't because it was originally planned that way... it will likely be because Scott wanted to put him there... Of course, he could also, technically, fit in the Filmation Sub, as he was a Filmation concept originally...

Scott definitely seems to be aiming for "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" to further his creative contribution to the mythos (despite the concept being Lou Scheimer's originally). Therefore, I do think he will end up in the line... and 2013 is basically the last time until 2016 that he can slot Dare in without serious backlash.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    It's the right thing to do to keep the line alive. Obscure stuff is overrated and don't sell well on secondary market, so not many casual customers want it.

Producing characters, that are strongly demanded is the best way to keep most customers for another year. The line can't exist only for hardcore fans, who want all characters.

I think he means Crimson Fury, not Crimson Rose. Or am I mistaken and there is a Crimson Rose?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm sad Toyguru put Illumina so far down the line for a possibility (3 years away?!). I mean, Toyguru said via his video announcement (before everyone knew the voting was officially over), that Geldor beat Illumina by ONLY 20 votes. I mean, does that not clearly state she's FAN DEMANDED, just like Geldor?

Of the characters shown, I would prefer Illumina. Red Beast is basically Beastman...just red, and even though I LOVE Dare and Crimson Fury (if TG is referring to him), the line won't feel incomplete if we do not get any of those characters. For me, the line will feel incomplete if we do not get an Illumina figure. Not only does she have a great design and a killer, proposed, backstory...to me Illumina also represents the MOTU fandom and community. Fans created a website (the .org), worked their way up to working on the official MOTU comic (and created Illumina), fans bought the comics, got interested in the character, she became somewhat of a mascot and she won the .org Fan Vote. For me, Illumina represents the fandom that has always stuck by the MOTU brand; through the great days in the 80's and through all the rough patches. Especially the times when there was nothing "MOTU" in the general public. That's when WE were trapped behind the wall (like the wall Illumina was trapped behind).

EDIT: Also, I am sad about the possibility of not getting Shower Power Catra. Catra had 3 versions (4, now that the Filmation one has been made). How many He-Man variants have we had so far? Half the line?

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I think he means Crimson Fury, not Crimson Rose. Or am I mistaken and there is a Crimson Rose?
    There's a girl in the MOTU Filmation cartoon that was a rose. I forget her name, but she had an important duty. Orko picked it from a mountain for Dree Elle and bad things happened. I figure TG means Crimson Fury or her. Not sure which.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 4, 2013 at 10:27pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Red Beast is basically Beastman...just red
    ...the line won't feel incomplete if we do not get any of those characters.
    I'm with you on Illumina, but Red Beast is very different from Beast Man. He's more bear/werewolf like, whereas Beast Man is an ape. The designs are quite different. Saying he's "Beast Man, just red" is like saying Demo Man is "Skeletor, just green".
    The line will certainly feel incomplete without him, as we would then have 2 of the concept sketches, rather than all 3.
    I feel it would also be incomplete without Dare. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    It's the right thing to do to keep the line alive. Obscure stuff is overrated and don't sell well on secondary market, so not many casual customers want it.

Producing characters, that are strongly demanded is the best way to keep most customers for another year. The line can't exist only for hardcore fans, who want all characters.
    The characters listed here are demanded, and most of the truly popular vintage characters have been released.

Heroic Warrior
    Re: Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose

IF I had to select one to be released in 2013, then I would select Dare.

But, I'm glad to hear that IF there is a 2014 and 2015, then they will focus on vintage MOTU and POP. I can't even begin to imagine a MOTUC collection that includes Rokkon, Stonedar, Extendar, Modulok, Entrapta, Glimmer, Queen Angella, Double Trouble, Mermista, Peekablue, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Kowl, Loo-Kee, Spinnerella and Perfuma! But, that would be pretty awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm with you on Illumina, but Red Beast is very different from Beast Man. He's more bear/werewolf like, whereas Beast Man is an ape. The designs are quite different. Saying he's "Beast Man, just red" is like saying Demo Man is "Skeletor, just green".
    The line will certainly feel incomplete without him, as we would then have 2 of the concept sketches, rather than all 3.
    I feel it would also be incomplete without Dare. Just my opinion.
    OH! I was thinking mini-comics RED Beastman. I forgot about the bear thing. It would be cool to have a bear in MOTU.

I would like Dare too...and Kay-La.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Dare in the Main Sub...

But it won't because it was originally planned that way... it will likely be because Scott wanted to put him there... Of course, he could also, technically, fit in the Filmation Sub, as he was a Filmation concept originally...
    There tons for characters that deserve a figure before Dare. The concept was scraped for a reason, best left that way. He-Man is the star, not his son, Mattel needs to focus on the core of the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Scott definitely seems to be aiming for "He-Ro, Son of He-Man" to further his creative contribution to the mythos (despite the concept being Lou Scheimer's originally). Therefore, I do think he will end up in the line... and 2013 is basically the last time until 2016 that he can slot Dare in without serious backlash.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'd prefer Dare (He-Ro) out of all of those listed.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand how and why Illumina got so popular.

Man, they really need to do Red Beast. They should have done him for the 30th.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I don't understand how and why Illumina got so popular.
    Because we were told we couldn't have her.

We definitely need Illumina over any of the vintage figures.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    New answer from Toyguru.

"In the plan we hit all vintage MOTU and POP as well as key NA figures. We also hit character from other media that are major fan request ( ie Geldor, Shokoti, etc...)

What we don't hit are some of the NA more obscure toys and variants and some POP variants (ie Shower Power Catra, Too tall Hoove).

Obviously this is dependent each year on hitting the sub number etc, but if we get to 2014 and 2015, the revised roadmap should complete the major MIA characters including vintage toy characters. With rising costs, we want to maximize each slot. What you won't see until a potential 2016 line are characters like Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose. (Unless of course any of those figs are in the yet announced 2013 slots)."

Potential hint for an unannounced slot? I am hoping for Dare.
    I really wouldn't read too much into that comment. Scott is cryptic and likes to throw fans of track so that he keeps his SDCC Reveals a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We definitely need Illumina over any of the vintage figures.
    No one's saying that. I just think she would be perfect for, say, 2014's Travelling Con exclusive figure. That's an EXTRA slot that wouldn't take the spot of a vintage character, and the people who hate obscure characters wouldn't be forced to get her through the sub. She's also SUPER easy to make as most of her MOTUC parts are already made (Teela boots, Battleground Evil-Lyn cape, Bubble Power She-Ra bracelets and The Fighting Foe Woman's top just needs a new breast attachment to work for Illumina). That means all she needs is a new: head, weapon, skirt and breast attachment.

The COOL thing about re-using the Fighting Foe Woman's top is that fans would have the option to make Illumina a Horde member or Attack Track pilot. The Horde angle would be cool for those that want her to be Keldor's mother. (I don't want her to be his mother, but it's a cool option).
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 4, 2013 at 11:17pm.