Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Illumina, Red Beast, Dare or Crimson Rose?

I would LOVE it if Illumina were this year! And that would get Scott a ton of good will, which wouldn't hurt right about now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I think he means Crimson Fury, not Crimson Rose. Or am I mistaken and there is a Crimson Rose?
    Can someone refresh me as to who those two are?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I would LOVE it if Illumina were this year! And that would get Scott a ton of good will, which wouldn't hurt right about now!

Can someone refresh me as to who those two are?
    Crimson Fury:

The full issue 10 of the UK She-Ra magazing can be read here:

http://he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=2050

The woman I was thinking of from Filmation, is the Goddess from The Bitter Rose episode. Here's the synopsis:

Man-At-Arms presents a gift to the king and queen, a painting of the famous Bitter Rose, which was formed by the tears of a goddess looking for her warrior husband. Dree Elle fawns over the fable, and Orko decides he should give her the Bitter Rose. Orko plucks it from Rose Mountain, causing the mountain to crumble. The avalanches threaten the home of the Insect People. Skeletor sends Beast Man and Trap Jaw to steal the Bitter Rose. He-Man protects the Insect People's village from the avalanche. Orko is captured and taken back to Snake Mountain, but Garth saves him. Beast Man and Trap Jaw pursue them in the Roton, but their blasts accidentally hit the rose and wither it. The love between Orko and Dree Elle brings the Bitter Rose back to life. They return the rose, stabilizing Rose Mountain. The rose turns into the goddess, whose bitterness has finally been cured by Orko's act of love in giving her rose as a gift to Dree Elle. She allows vegetation to grow on Rose Mountain and disappears, finally fulfilled.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; March 4, 2013 at 11:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    We definitely need Illumina over any of the vintage figures.
    Totally disagree.

I want dare bad

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I'd like TG to clarify if all his talk about getting the "essentials" out by 2015 includes Eldor and Grey, who are like the Sorceress and the Prince Adam of the Powers of Grayskull era, and characters that would have been released had the vintage line not been suddenly cancelled.

It can be argued that Dare is the Prince Adam of the Son of He-Man era. But until now that era has remained purely conceptual, unlike the Preternia/Powers of Grayskull line, which saw actual vintage toy releases. So, in my view, Eldor and Grey should have definite priority over Dare—not to mention over Illumina (let alone Red Beast or Crimson Rose).

The same could be said about Darius and Mara, two primary NA characters that were planned for the vintage NA line, and even though didn't make it then, they should make it in MotUC—sooner rather than later, since they are long overdue.

Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Yellow Tug-of-War guy or the line will NEVER be complete.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Don't care much about those four characters. I don't mind getting them but not until 2016 (and not until that wishlist is complete!)
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

which four are u talking about? Because i very much want Mara, Darius, and Eldor we got He-Ro and the Star Sisters and Photog and i think the three i mentioned would be a nice way of Mattel finishing off some long overdue promises.

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Don't care much about those four characters. I don't mind getting them but not until 2016 (and not until that wishlist is complete!)
    Last edited by bribri4u; March 5, 2013 at 12:54am.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I'd really like a Red Beast especially.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

I'd like to see Val given his due and make illumina. I know some people would say that they might be bigger fans, and that may be true. But come on, he did the 200X comic, he's head of the .org and they even mention his fandom in helping keeping the torch burning on the 200X animated DVD.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by rockinhard View Post
    yellow tug-of-war guy or the line will never be complete.
    agreed!!!!!!!
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I'd love all 4 to come out eventually but agree, the essential characters need to come out before that in the next couple of years.

I'd like Dare, Crimson Fury, Red Beast and Illumina - in that order. We also need Darius, Mara, Eldor too before these as they are more important as they are important to the story and also had prototypes.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I'd like a Catra variant... Shower Power, regular classic toy costume, or otherwise... so that's the only mention of the bunch that has me bummed. Other than that- yeah... I don't even want most of those characters in 2016, Dare aside.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Illumina & Sleetah boxset, please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The woman I was thinking of from Filmation, is the Goddess from The Bitter Rose episode. Here's the synopsis:

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_image...se_goddess.jpg
    I'd like her, too, she looks cool. :3
    Does Galactus fart?

+2 Against Harpies Sword2Blanket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    For me, the line will feel incomplete if we do not get an Illumina figure. Not only does she have a great design and a killer, proposed, backstory...to me Illumina also represents the MOTU fandom and community. Fans created a website (the .org), worked their way up to working on the official MOTU comic (and created Illumina), fans bought the comics, got interested in the character, she became somewhat of a mascot and she won the .org Fan Vote. For me, Illumina represents the fandom that has always stuck by the MOTU brand; through the great days in the 80's and through all the rough patches. Especially the times when there was nothing "MOTU" in the general public. That's when WE were trapped behind the wall (like the wall Illumina was trapped behind).
    I just wanted to say that this is exactly how I feel about the character and why it means a lot to me that she gets in the line at some point. I realize that not everyone feels that way, but I think there are a lot of us on the org that do.

I still think she should have been in place of Geoff John's slot in the 30th anniversary sub as she much better represented the essence of what that line was supposed to be about (as Mattel pitched it, anyway).

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    which four are u talking about? Because i very much want Mara, Darius, and Eldor we got He-Ro and the Star Sisters and Photog and i think the three i mentioned would be a nice way of Mattel finishing off some long overdue promises.
    I was talking about Illumina, Red Beast, Dare and "Crimson Rose" (Crimson Fury?). I too very much want Mara, Darius or Eldor!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

Snappy Threader
    I would love Red Beast, Illumina and Crimson Fury (if its Crimson Fury),...........but yeah I agree with Hadley, he was more or less saying there is no way we get to these characters unless we sell three times the amount of subs over the goal for the next three years and it lasts until 2016 or beyond and leprechans appear at Matty with a pot of gold to fund the mold.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I'd like TG to clarify if all his talk about getting the "essentials" out by 2015 includes Eldor and Grey, who are like the Sorceress and the Prince Adam of the Powers of Grayskull era, and characters that would have been released had the vintage line not been suddenly cancelled.
    Toyguru made it sound like Eldor is an essential and likely in one of the Roast Gooble episodes. Can't recall which one, but I'll try to find it.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

The way I read Toyguru's comment, is that mentioning Dare along with Red Beast and Illumina, two very requested figures, is an attempt to put Dare at the same level of request. He's been pushing really hard to get Dare in here, and I don't believe it's because of fan/customer demand.

Now, I would love a Red Beast figure. I want to complete that trilogy of concept characters. Plus, it looks like a bear geared up for pit fighting. I know that Scott said he'd be in scale with a regular figure. But, I personally would love to have him in scale with Gygor, another pit fighting monster. With a name like Red Beast, it just sounds large.

I would love to have a Crimson Fury figure too. It would be cool to have another male ally on the PoP/Rebellion side.

I was never a fan of Illumina, but I wouldn't mind if she got a figure. She would be perfect as a Power-Con exclusive. If they made her an exclusive 2-pack and included her cat Sleetah, that would be neat. The buck is already done, they just need a new saddle. I just don't see an Illumina figure happening any time soon. At least not before the remaining vintage figures; which she most certainly does not take priority over in terms of importance. I put her in the same league of importance as Josh or King Hssss' Slave Girl (And I really want the Slave Girl).

BUT...I doubt any of these will be in 2013. I do believe that was a statement to pave the way for Dare in the last quarter; a character I have NO DESIRE FOR. I dislike the entire concept of Son of He-Man. I don't think it belongs in Classics, since it's not even cannon. I was rather annoyed when they announced the new "Son of He-Man" faction at SDCC, because not too long before that Toyguru mentioned how the focus was going to be getting to the vintage figures and highly demanded, which would mean staying away from the obscure. "Hey, check out our new faction! It's from a proposed script that never went anywhere and most people have no clue what it is!" There are plenty of other Filmation characters that haven't had figures that should get a slot before Dare. I would rather have Red Beast, Crimson Fury, and Illumina, before Dare. Heck, why not Lodar, or Goat Man, or even King Hsss' Slave girl?! At least all of them are actually part of the nostalgia that is MOTU. And for those that say, "what about Red Beast..he's a concept that never got made, too." Red Beast was part of the production process that made MOTU.

But, Son of He-Man? Failed cartoon pitch that never saw production - end of story. Or at least it should be IMO.

My vote would be for Red Beast.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Queen Angela, Lodar & Hunga the Harpy

dare? definately want.
    red beast? sure, why not?

oo-larr? originally not so much but you know pretty quickly i rewrote my internal cannon and now, yeah give me that dumb ole oo-larr. actually what with kevin kosse having made that vintage he man head, i may just make my own oo-larr kinda sorta.

at any rate i dont mind waiting for 2016 for anything. i just want it alive in 2016. even if its just a couple of special figures a year at cons.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Crimson Rose? .... I think he means Crimson Furry.

- - - Updated - - -

I really want Crimson Fury, Eldor, Darius, mask of power demons, Dare, Illumina, Goat-Man, Kobold, Prince Dakon, Mara, Crita, General Tartaran, King Argho, Kelklar, Skeleton Warriors, Hawke, King Miro, Hunga the Harpy, Horde Wraiths, Gray, Lodar, Melaktha & others.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor