View Poll Results: What Do You Want in a Red Beast Figure?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Standard MOTUC sized figure

14 33.33%
  • Gygor body reuse

19 45.24%
  • Don't really care about Red Beast

9 21.43%

Thread: What do you want in a Red Beast?

What do you want in a Red Beast?

As the subject line says, what do you want in a Red Beast figure if it were to be made?

As you can see from the original drawing it seems clear that it appears that Red Beast was in scale with other figures, which makes sense.
    Artbook-scanRedBeastDemo-Man.jpg

However from this awesome coloured art you can see what this could very well look like using the basic Gygor Body.
    2_RedBeast_Color_newsPage.jpg

From this image of the Big Jim Bear toy, and considering that the original Zoar was a huge toy because of Big Jim reuse, and Battlecat made such a great giant cat steed because of Big Jim reuse, it is not a stretch to at least imagine that the bear helped inspire Red Beast, if not in actuality, lending some credibility to a large bear figure.
    782223.jpg
    Last edited by baronterror; January 6, 2015 at 04:49pm.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Gygor's body would be perfect to me.
    Just change the body extremities of his
    which should make him quite affordable then you get a spectacular result indeed.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Don't really care about the Red Beast. He's a villain, yeah, but no real interest in him.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Standard buck. I would like him sculpted properly, not have the body of a fat ape.

Well, to truly do justice to the original concept, I think you'd need to do a totally new sculpt. And for some reason I envision him as being slightly larger than a standard MOTU figure, but not Gygor sized.

Less expensive options would be to either use the Gygor or Beast Man bucks, and sculpt a few new creative pieces. Either one I'd be OK with, although I'd rather see him Gygor sized.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Okay. I'm positive that I've seen some sketches of the figure that showed the idea that the main figures would be capable of actually riding on the back of the Red Beast.

If they used Gygor's body, added the bear-like features and made him ride-able by other figures? Fantastic.

Does anyone know of the picture that I'm remembering, or am I crazy? I've been looking for it just now, but I'm not coming across it.
    Orko: It's like the Sorceress said: sometimes, the ones who seem the worst, need our help the most.
    He-Man: You're learning.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poweron View Post
    Okay. I'm positive that I've seen some sketches of the figure that showed the idea that the main figures would be capable of actually riding on the back of the Red Beast.

If they used Gygor's body, added the bear-like features and made him ride-able by other figures? Fantastic.

Does anyone know of the picture that I'm remembering, or am I crazy? I've been looking for it just now, but I'm not coming across it.
    What you're actually talking about was some Gygor variation with red hairs.
    And yes he had his own rider on the picture ( Playoffs /Beast Poll 1 ) .
    Last edited by OnlyOneSkeletor; January 7, 2015 at 08:20am.

I would love to see Red Beast in MOTUC. I would want to see him in scale with Demo Man.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, MYP Evilseed, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy & Sharella

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    Well, to truly do justice to the original concept, I think you'd need to do a totally new sculpt. And for some reason I envision him as being slightly larger than a standard MOTU figure, but not Gygor sized.
    I agree, to do him properly he needs a totally new sculpt IMO, and I also see him being being slightly larger than a standard MOTU figure.
    I just don't see the Gygor buck working for him, but if they 4HM think they can get it to work by giving it new arms and legs or however, then I'll trust them to go with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Don't really care about the Red Beast. He's a villain, yeah, but no real interest in him.
    Actually he a not a villain a mate. One of the new MOTUC mini-comics shows him fighting on the side of Randor's army.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

originally some yeas back I think I was against him being large, but what sold me on the gygor buck is that artwork. Since it would concievable make him cost less to tool and make him thusly more likely I am fine with it.

100 original sculpt? If he's standard size I suppose it's close to 100 new. I'm fine with it, but the idea of this thing being massive just hits me in my jollies. Also I do love that Gygor scale and just having him and the Shadowbeast, well I'd like another oversized use of that body. That artwork just sells me.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    IActually he a not a villain a mate. One of the new MOTUC mini-comics shows him fighting on the side of Randor's army.
    In my mind, as he is the protoype of Beast Man, he is a villain to me. I don't pay much heed to the newer fiction of MOTUC. But him being a hero now is probably also contributing to my apathetic attitude towards him
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; January 7, 2015 at 06:25pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd like a Gygor body on this character... it would effectively reflect the awesome power of the character!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    In my mind, as he is the protoype of Beast Man, he is a villain to me. I don't pay much heed to the newer fiction of MOTUC. But him being a hero now is probably also contributing to my apathetic attitude towards him
    Thats cool man, I always sate personal canon is the best way to go. I've basically thrown out what I don't like about the Classics canon to make my own preferred personal canon
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

While I'd be happy with him either way, I would prefer a smaller buck, for space and cost reasons, as mundane as that sounds.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti