View Poll Results: Should Filmation Teela come packed-in with Point Dread?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm okay with this idea. I want them both.

17 37.78%
  • No, I think this is unfair. I'd rather they were sold separately.

20 44.44%
  • IF this is the only way to get Filmation Teela then yes, but I don't have to like it.

6 13.33%
  • I think Mattel should... (other)

2 4.44%

Thread: Should Filmation Teela come packed-in with Point Dread?

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!

Should Filmation Teela come packed-in with Point Dread?

Okay, with the latest breaking news we were all given a *glimpse* of a figure that is clearly a Filmation version of Teela.

Mattel knows how fan-demanded Teela is. Filmation, 2.0, 1.0 re-release, it doesn't matter - people WANT their TEELA!

So my question is simple: if and when we get her, should Filmation Teela be packaged in with Point Dread?

Discuss in the thread!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Just the vehicle play set combo for me please.

Uh-oh...Rumor mill!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

I voted, no. I want both, but I just keep seeing the price go up the more that they add.... Now if the price reflects Point Dread & the Talon Fighter with a free Filmation Teela to help sell the vehicle/playset then WOO-HOO! I'm hoping for no more than the Battle Ram was, if not less. A pipedream I'm sure....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    I voted yes because she will be the thing that sells an otherwise high-priced and potentially SKU-killing release.

I think all vehicles from now on should come packages with a highly-desirable figure!
    My 2016 Wishlist:

2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

I think Mattel should... do whatever will sell more toys. Having Teela with Point Dread will sell more Point Dreads. Having Point Dread with Teela will sell more Teelas. This only means more toys in the future.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella & Snake Goddess

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

I want Point Dread but not necessarily Filmation Teela (unless she came with something extra that I really wanted). I assume there will be plenty of Point Dread buyers willing to part with her IF she gets packed in.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

I don't really want a Teela variant taking up another figure slot so I'm happy for her to come with the Talon Fighter. It should also help sell those and make it possible for more vehicles in future. About time the Evil Warriors got more than just a Sky Sled.

It's just point dead at the moment..yes? Do we know if the Talon fighter is coming with??
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    It's just point dead at the moment..yes? Do we know if the Talon fighter is coming with??
    We don't even know if Teela is coming with PD. It is all just speculation.
    My top 5 wants for MOTUC: Crita, Lodar, Hunga the Harpy, Sharella & Snake Goddess

FILMATION ruined my He-Man!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenskull View Post
    We don't even know if Teela is coming with PD. It is all just speculation.
    Gotcha mate....

Id be ok if she came with PD...but if they were to throw in the TF...then i say the NAY!..... i think would be too much scratch to pony up at one time....
    Last edited by H.A.L.9000; Yesterday at 05:02pm.
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

Heroic Warrior
    She should be sold by herself or with charger. Not with an expensive playset

I'm cool with it. I'm honestly not all that excited about Filmation Teela, but I'll take a pretty action figure anyway. I really hope we don't start seeing a bunch of Filmation variations, though. Point Dread is more than welcome, regardless.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Court Magician
    As this is all speculation, I speculate that IF Point Dread is released with a figure, it may be this new Teela.

I don't see the Talon Fighter included, so possibly the Filmation He-man will be sold with the Talon fighter. As it's the last year of "Classics" they may try to get the most bang for the proverbial buck.

Yes, if they are sold this way, they would be pricey, but that's how I see it panning out. I understand people wanting her as a separate carded figure...I'd love that too...but if last year's Battle Ram is any indication, that may be how we get these "variants".

While I'd like Point Dread, I want a Filmation Teela more. I'm not sure that I agree with putting a highly demanded figure in with a pricey playset addition is really the way to go, unless they also offer Teela separately. That way they satisfy those who want just Teela, and also those who want Teela and the addition to CGS (assuming they have a CGS). I know this doesn't bode well what with MAA coming with the Battle Ram, but we can hope they'll be separate, right?

Ideally this will be an inkling that there will be another Filmation mini-sub of core characters, and Teela was just placed there to get some buzz going. I'd like to think that this has been a deliberate ploy on the part of Mattel to get this kind of rampant speculation going, and that Teela and Point Dread will be separate entities, but coming down the pipeline nevertheless.

Personally I'd have rather seen the Slime Pit over Point Dread, the bad guys are getting royally stiffed in this area!
    Last edited by Thunderkill; Yesterday at 06:17pm.
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    This would be a HORRIBLY TERRIBLE idea. I want 1 Point Dread (at most 2), but several (like 3 or more) Filmation Teelas (some for me, some for nephews). Plus many people don't have a Teela in their collections but can't afford Point Dread or just don't want to buy a playset and vehicle if all they need/want is a basic collection of the most iconic characters.

I'm all for more vehicles and playsets (I want all of them and they're quite high in my wants list), but packing a highly-demanded A-lister in her most iconic/well-known representation would only serve to rub lots of people all the wrong way who don't want/need vehicles/playsets but would get forced to buy them (and spend LOTS of cash in them at that) in order to get their Teela, thus infuriating them to no end and causing them to come to the boards to spew forth a slurry of hatred towards vehicles/playsets, which is the last thing we who do want them need.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Rack View Post
    I don't see the Talon Fighter included, so possibly the Filmation He-man will be sold with the Talon fighter. As it's the last year of "Classics" they may try to get the most bang for the proverbial buck.
    Point Dread must come with the Talon Fighter. They go together, both conceptually (as per the minicomic story, and because Point Dread is the landing base for the Talon Fighter and outwardly looks so with the prominent perch on its top) and because they were sold together in the vintage days. It would make no sense to release them separately, which would also mean taking up two precious development slots/SKUs for what in the vintage line was just one. And it would make less sense to separate them in order to pack in some figure with each, and less sense yet if those figures are Filmation Teela and Filmation He-Man, i.e. making the most iconic/well-known versions of first-row characters unavailable on their own, which would effectively make Point Dread and Talon Fighter appear as unwanted expensive pack-ins forced upon the many who want the Filmation versions but not vehicles/playsets.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I don't want Filmation Teela so I would prefer that she not be packaged with Point Dread. That's at least $30 I could save on the already high price I believe they will be placing on this future release.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'll take her however we can take her, but a single carded monthly slot is ideal for me.
    Top want list: Evil Seed, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200x Beast-Man, Teela 2.0, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    I voted no.

I want, and have wanted, a Filmation style Teela since boyhood. I've already got 3 MOTUC Teela's, but THIS version is the one I truly desire!

With that said, I would be crushed if Mattel forced us to buy her in a package deal. I always buy multiples of all my figures, but not when they're bundled like this. Case in point: Battle Ram.

Mattel, please package her separately - or better yet, surprise us with a whole new wave of Filmation-based characters!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!