View Poll Results: With MOTUC so big now, do you display any 200X or Vintage anymore?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I still display some 200X!

11 11.58%
  • Yes, I still display some Vintage MOTU!

18 18.95%
  • Yes, I still display both Vintage and 200X!

28 29.47%
  • No, my MOTUC display does it all for me!

36 37.89%
  • Other

2 2.11%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With MOTUC so big now, do you display any 200X or Vintage anymore?

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!

With MOTUC so big now, do you display any 200X or Vintage anymore?

Now that Masters of the Universe Classics has bolstered its ranks and started filling out the factions, do you still have need to display any of your old 200X figures or Vintage MotU?

Do you have separate displays for each? Or do you combine them?

Let us know!
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    There will always be items from other years that are great for display. I currently use my Snake Mountain and will eventually display a Fright Zone and Slime Pit.

My Mantisaur and Spydor will be shown too.

Shhhh... It's a Secret... Midwinter's Avatar
    I voted that I display them all, but is easier for me now because I had to sell of 99% of my MOTUC collection and am just slowly building back up.

Before that - I had a complete collection through 2012 and all were displayed along with my other MOTU lines. I was just at the point I was going to have to start opening the MOTUC packages to display everything.

Now that I am on my second collection I am opening all of my MOTUC figures and displaying them that way.
    In Midwinter, the heat from the oven baking my Shrinky Dinks is all I need!

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, my vintage Castle is currently where my vintage Point Dread is perched, and I have no trouble putting Classics in to display with them- for now...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Well I don't have much of a display, so to speak, but I would still keep up 200X figures if I did. Probably vintage too, if they weren't all originals from my childhood and therefore falling apart and chewed to heck.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

MOTUC are far from being my center pieces, i currently have them more or less mixed with the vintage, but already made up my mind to sell most of them so, vintage remains my ultimate display

My answer isn't there.. I display A LOT of 200x actually..
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

On a hill in the woods just around the corner
    Yes, I display all of my MOTUC, vintage motu, NA, and 200X in my collection room.
    ......... ........

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Master Sebrian, Snake Mountain Man, Filmation Mer-Man, NA Prince Adam, Dylamug, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Delora/Hawke, Dree-Elle/Montork, Tuvar, Badrah, Disco Skeletor, Songster, & Stridor

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    NO

my vintage and NA are carefully packed away and my 200x collection is in the garage along with the stactions. I sold all my 200x carded collection end of 2012.

MOTUC is the only MOTU related item I have displayed along with the NECA busts/statues.
    MOTUC WISHLIST - Karg | Lady Slther | Kothos | Staghorn | Sorceress of Serpos Teela | Hunga the Harpy | Kittrina | Dylamug | Hawke | Angast | Zilora | Artilla | Quakke | Robo-Woman | Great Black Wizard | Enchantress | Red Beast | Delora | DC He-Man | DC Skeletor | Lodar | Fang-Or | Mini Comics Tri-Klops | Filmation Jitsu, Frosta & Kobra Khan | Hans Hammer Holder | Granita |

Since MOTU is my only toy interest I proudly display all my vintage in a Detolf.
    The MOTUC display is very little with space only for 11 MOC MOTUC, so I change 'em every 3 months, on the display the new ones and the old ones went back in the mailer boxes and in the closet where all the MOTUC are waitin' for the end of the line when I'll prepare a large display for all the MOC MOTUC.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

I display all of my 200X & MOTUC. Unfortunately my vintage is still in the garage in boxes....
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

I have a 200X Beast-Man sitting on his Griffon, as the MOTUC Beast-Man is unattainable. I also have a few vintage Tongue-Lashors (sp?) mixed in with my snake men.

I also use the vintage Fright Zone and a few vintage vehicles for display.

I replaced all my 200X when I got the MOTUC to replace that character. Two - Bad was the last one I needed to swap out.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Vintage Masters is the 'main attraction' of my collection, it will always be on display. Classics is on display as well. I consider Commemorative part of vintage as well.
    "I feel the best when I can't remember anything."

Heroic Warrior
    When my office is re-done, I will have the figures displayed next to each other for comparison in IKEA trophy cases.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

I display both my vintage and MOTUC stuff out in the open. My 200x figures are stored away in boxes, not sure when exactly I'll take those out again since it's my least favorite era of them all, maybe in another 5 years I'll start feeling nostalgic for that style.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard, Darius, the rest of New Adventures.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    I display a few vintage figures in a different location, don't have much... My collection has a couple of the 200x figures that I still have, I didn't really have many but there are a few that I like like beastman, panthor has bg evil lynn riding it, most of the 200x I use as custom fodder!

I don't display anything else at this point.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

I love love love the 200x stuff, especially the Stactions, so I may be the only person who keeps them all out and supplements with whatever new characters come our way from MOTU Classics! (the 'duplicate' Classics I keep at my office or in my son's room...) And when I ever free up more space I'm going to get the vintage castles to display them all on, in the most hodge-podgey display ever.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    The only 200x I have curently on display now are the Horde that rest above my computer desk.
    I also have Rio Blast among my heroic Masters. I have Tung Lashor & Squeez in my Snake Men army.
    They act as a replacement until I get the MOTUC release.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Groveport, ohio, a suburb of the Capitol, Columbus
    I display all mine together making a collage of them all, they all are awsome point blank period.

I use some of my vintage pieces as place holder in my MOTUC shelves (I'm catching up). When I get the MOTUC version, the vintage figure goes back out to the living room shelf with its old friends. I'd display more of them but they did not withstand the test of time (or garage rats).
    Some remaining, post 2016-Reveals, WANTS:
    Kittrina, Garth, Master Sebrian, Lodar, Garn, Meliac, Sagitar, Melog, Spirit of Evil, Slime Pit He-Man, Artilla, Drissi, Caz, Grot, Melaktha, Granita, Lady Slither, Dylamug, Scrollos, Hunga, Rajar, Bubblor, Songster, Red Beast, Zed, Horde Mummy, Quakke, NA Sorceress, Staghorn, Col. Blast...and hoping to someday see a Fright Zone with Slime Pit!

Advocating for a New Adventures Mini-Sub!
    Most of my 200X collection is stored away as is my vintage stuff, although I do keep a few items here and there - nothing I would consider part of my MOTUC display though.

I always have and always will have my vintage He-Man on top of vintage Battle Cat sitting at my desk. I have had these figures since I was six years old, and they aren't going anywhere!

Others include a vintage Ram-Man (one of my most nostalgic toys!) and the 200X Sorceress Staction (this figure is so beautiful, I can't put her in storage!)
    Masters of the Universe and ThunderCats - together for the first time! Pure AWESOME!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I'd display them all (and my other figure collections) if I had the room. As it stands I've only got room for MOTUC right now.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Yes, I display everything. I far and away have more MOTUC than either vintage or 200x. I have no vintage POP and only Optikk in NA.

I have my Vintage on one shelf. 200x on another shelf. Then 200x on 2 shelving units.