View Poll Results: What should Mattel do regarding the size and/or price of Snake Mountain?

Voters
127. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave it as is, regardless of how much it will cost.

58 45.67%
  • Ruduce the size to reduce the price.

14 11.02%
  • Remove the electronics to reduce the cost

55 43.31%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snake Mountain Size/Price

Snake Mountain Size/Price

The team at Mattel says the are looking for input about Snake Mountain. It was states at SDCC that it is very likely the size will have to be reduced to keep costs down, which as we all know was done with Castle Grayskull. Would love to hear the opinions of everyone on here.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2016!!!

4-Wheeled Heroic Warrior Wheelor's Avatar
    Can you add an option for keep everything and offer an installment payment plan?
    Quote the Raven
    "Nevermore"

The Last House on the Left, Las Vegas, Nevada
    ....Hellz No to Downsizing!! Dump the Electronics and keep it the same size!! Just make sure we still get Skeletor's throne and table! Throw in a weapon rack too!
    ..."Conceived in a Hell Beyond Your Depth of Perception... Designed and Directed by His Red Right Hand."
    ...Seriously looking for a gray Sir Laser-Lot sword from the Final Wars weapon-pack!!

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    I voted "Leave it as is, regardless of how much it will cost" but I would've go with:

"Leave the size as is and offer it with electronics as a deluxe play set and "No electronics" for a cheaper price.
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Remove electronics parts, but please keep interiors and the size as shown.
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar

Snake Mountain Size/Price

I agree with others to remove electronics. Keep the size as it is though!!!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; July 11, 2015 at 07:13pm.

MOST WANTED MOTUC figures:
    King Hssss snake torso, Ice Armor He-Man, Sagitar, Fang-Or, Major Header, Granita, Great Black Wizard, Quakke, Master Sebrian, Tuvar, Badrah, Stridor, & Snake Mountain Man.

MOST WANTED PCS statues: Mer-Man, Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Sy-Klone, Ram Man, Tri-Klops, & Two-Bad.

*My iTrader Feedback
    *My MOTU_Maniac Feedback Thread

Widget
    Take out the electronics and keep the size. I don't need a castle with Bluetooth!!!!

Do NOT reduce that size! A huge part of the appeal for me is seeing how mammoth this thing is... especially the pictures floating around the net right now of Skeletor standing in front of the wolf gate... if he has to be crouched down to stand near it because of size reduction, it's going to be a bit heartbreaking.
    Already the steps are small enough a figure can't actually be posed ascending or descending them, and the bridge doesn't look like it can accomodate a figure properly... whatever Mattel does, I sincerely hope they do not reduce the size... or, for that matter, THE PAINT APPS.
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

I just watched the Mattypalooza panel. The MOTU app that works with the bluetooth speaker sounds amazing. It would be awesome to have clips from the cartoon coming from Snake Mountain in my opinion.

Widget
    I totally agree - especially excited about the idea of including cartoon clips in the app.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty View Post
    I just watched the Mattypalooza panel. The MOTU app that works with the bluetooth speaker sounds amazing. It would be awesome to have clips from the cartoon coming from Snake Mountain in my opinion.

From what was shown at SDCC this towers over Grayskull so Maybe if the matty team shortened the hight of Snake Mountain by 8 inches and remove electronics that would bring down the cost to a reasonable cost of say $300.00 to $350.00 and Snake Mountain would still be taller than Grayskull
    Looking forward to a very bright 2016 with MOTUC Collectors Choice, He-Man and the Masters Of the Universe animated Filmation line, Thundercats & SNAKE MOUNTAIN

Where's the option for "make it bigger"?
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    A few years ago we were systematically immersed in deep dismay
    when it was question about this playset;
    now that it happens...Of course i want a mountain!
    A real one...

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Where's the option for "make it bigger"?
    No kidding, right? Not wider, but TALLER!
    Next Ten Most Wanted: Classic Toy Costume Catra, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Granita, Bould-Or, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Major Header, Queen Elmora (She-Demon Of Phantos)

Best option would be "Keep it as is" but I voted "Remove Electronics" for a couple of reasons:
    a)I don't want to see International fans get screwed out of Snake Mountain because of Electronics (especially since Digital River has me classified as an "International customer")

b) It's a cute gimmick, but it raises the cost of the playset unnecessarily. It's better to have a BIG Mountain that won't speak than have a Molehill that speaks.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Crita is coming... Now I NEED SONGSTER! The Awesometastic Bard!

It's too bad they don't listen to these polls, though. The other Snake Mountain poll shows a HUGE preference for the FILMation version, and we got the toy version.

Brandon Sopinsky said to Pixel Dan that the price would be around $300!
    The gleam of the Power Sword lights your way as you enter the fantastic world of Eternia...

Don't mess with the size! We don't need the sound gimmick. There isn't really any point to it. There are a dozen free voice effects apps for smart phones anyway, and whatever technology Mattel puts in there isn't going to have a long shelf life. They should just focus on delivering the toy and not worry about recreating the voice changer.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

The size is PERFECT! I'd like to keep the electronics, but if something HAS to go, that should be it. I feel that this is a blend of Filmation and toy, the best elements of both. Which is superior to each version individually.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Do away with the stupid electronics entirely!

I seriously can't believe how anyone at Mattel may have thought this a good idea. It only adds an unnecessary non-negligible extra cost that may put the project financially at risk of not reaching its minimum goal and may also cause trouble for internationals, and what little "wow" factor it may provide is going to be extremely ephemeral, doomed to become an unusable piece of crap after a mere couple years due to the smartphone app getting obsoleted in about 14 months (the average lifetime of apps these days), and that supposing you do have the right and latest and most expensive smartphone model in your hands to be able to use the app in the first place (I wasn't able to play the recent smartphone game last year due to my phone being a Symbian, and now that I was finally going to get my hands on an Android device, the game has already been obsoleted and no longer available for download, which is exactly the same fate that awaits this "cool" Snake Mountain voice changing app if Matty is nutty enough to implement such a stupid and ill-advised plan).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SpiritOfTeela View Post
    It's too bad they don't listen to these polls, though. The other Snake Mountain poll shows a HUGE preference for the FILMation version, and we got the toy version.
    Best of both worlds would be more exact.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    Best of both worlds would be more exact.
    Exactly! I for one am stoked that it ended up pretty much half and half. A toy based 100% on the Filmation version wouldn't leave much in the way of display options (like the ledges, the wolf gate, being able to shackle a victim up, etc.) You'd have something you could place the figures around the bottom of, and... that would pretty much be it. The classic toy details make it, well... a toy! Which personally I think is great

I perhaps was a bit hasty in posting these poll options. I really don't think the speakers have as big of an impact on price as some of us may assume. Removing them may be such a negligible difference in cost, that it would likely still need to be downsized. The real issue is if we want it the same size or reduced to bring costs down. It seems clear so far, not just from this tiny poll but from the overall internet rection, that most people want it to stay the size it is. Of course, once Mattel quotes a price, some people may alter that view.

Heroic Warrior
    Stay the way it is and I will pay what they want.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Why does everyone think the electronics are so expensive? You can buy a small bluetooth speaker at Walmart for $10. These aren't going to be Beats or Bose high-quality sound.