View Poll Results: Do you want a Dare, Son of He-Man figure?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 39.02%
  • No

18 21.95%
  • Yes, but much later in the line, after the vintage MOTU, POP, NA and Filmation are done.

23 28.05%
  • Don't care one way or the other.

9 10.98%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you want a Dare, Son of He-Man figure?

Do you want a Dare, Son of He-Man figure?

Do you want a Dare, Son of He-Man figure?

Scott has mentioned Dare a few times, would you like to see Dare in MOTUC?
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, either as Dare or He-Ro. Preferably He-Ro.

Yes, it would be a shame to start a Son of He-Man faction without actually having the Son of He-Man! SoHM shouldn't be a bigger priority than finishing off the MOTU and POP factions but personally, I think we only need three more figures to cover this era:

Dare/He-Ro: A basic Dare figure with He-Ro armor and alternate He-Ro head will do the job!
    Kay-La: She's like the new Teela of the series and deserves to be made!
    Queen Teela: Could be a sneaky opportunity to design her after the 200X Sorceress with an alternate 200X Sorceress head!

Combine those with a lot of existing figures and you can put together a decent SoHM display!

I always assumed there would be both a DARE figure and a HE-RO figure, but who knows?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

I want him but honestly it seems a bit early to go there. I realize that the figures aren't being released in a linear fashion but it does seem like we should have more NA figures and more NA story in place before exploring what happens after the NA story. I'm not saying we need every NA figure first, but it would have been better to have fleshed out what happens in the "future" (NA era) before exploring what happens in the "more distant future" (Dare/King He-Man era)
    TOP 44 WANTS
    VINTAGE:Peekablue/Dragstor/Perfuma/Saurod
    NA:Crita/Darius/Nocturna/Sagitar/Sebrian/Tuskador/Kayo/Lizzor/
    Andros/Hoove/Quakke/Vizar/Butthead/Artilla/Spinwit/Staghorn
    TROLLA:DreeElle/Montork/Oracle/Gorpo
    FILMATION:Kittrina/Sunder/Twiggets/Masque/Dylamug/Vultak/Granita/Malektha
    200X:Veena/Miro/Hawke/Prahvus/EvilSeed/Illumina/Ceratus
    MISC:Lodar/Delora/Dare/MaskOfPowerDemons/LtAndra

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Well, we've gotten a King He-Man, so naturally I would assume Dare is on the way. Maybe much later in the line though...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

After the vintage MOTU & POP are done I couldn't care less if they did him but not before.

Heroic Warrior
    I have absolutely no interest in this failed cartoon pitch. This is not part of MOTU cannon and, quite frankly, we have plenty of characters we need to get through, via vintage and Filmation that will expand upon the brand. There is no need to bring in this terrible concept just so someone can flex their "writing skills".
    Last edited by King Tamusk; March 5, 2013 at 09:22am.

Yea I want one
    http://http://80sMasters.com/
    It's your place for Freedom of Speach for everything MOTU, POP, TMNT, , Horror, Wrestling, DC and Batman, and all other properties that are cool.
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter.... BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

VERY much so, yes!

Bring me Dare, He-Ro (2.0), Kay-La, Son of Skeletor, SOHM Evil Lyn, SOHM Man-E-Faces, Queen Teela (I like the idea of using the 200X look, but I'm sure the Horsemen could do something amazing)...

I'm really excited about this faction!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Yes I absolutely want one. I'd very much look forward to him if he were announced.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

I don't care one way or the other honestly, but I'd prefer to stick to what's coming now, and leave the new characters / figures for later.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Yes, and I would like to see them start sneaking stuff in before the line loses too many from getting stuff and dropping out and never giving future figures a chance without seeing them.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Not a chance.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind if he came out this year, we've had a lot of "well-known" characters this year, so it will be nice to get a new character.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Yes, and I would like to see them start sneaking stuff in before the line loses too many from getting stuff and dropping out and never giving future figures a chance without seeing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubilation View Post
    After the vintage MOTU & POP are done I couldn't care less if they did him but not before.
    these 2 quotes illustrate something interesting within the entire MOTUC collector base- if the line focuses solely on getting the more popular MOTU and POP stuff out first, i think a lot of fans of the lesser known stuff are afraid that they will never see figures made of some of their favorites. after all, what incentive is there to produce these less popular figures, when a huge chunk of the fanbase will have checked out once they have everything they want?

i know some would say, "oh well, more popular means more fan-demanded! it's not our fault some people want less popular characters!". but i guarantee you that most of you at some point or another wanted (or still want) or received a figure that would have not won any popularity contests. if nothing else, perhaps they could do a son of he-man sub.

personally, i'm indifferent to SoH. correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't it about he-man having a son, who of course is also a hero, and skeletor also happens to have a son...who-surprise, surprise- is a villain? how boring. i think from a story standpoint it just sounds like a wasted opportunity.

i prefer to think up my own continuity, especially in regards to the future of skeletor and he-man. i always thought it would be cool if the original he-ro from preternia was the son of he-man...like he-man had to send his son to the distant past to save him or something- kind of a "the end is the beginning" thing. and skeletor has a daughter with evil-lyn...but the daughter follows the path of good and eventually becomes the sorceress after teela.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    Yes, it would be a shame to start a Son of He-Man faction without actually having the Son of He-Man! SoHM shouldn't be a bigger priority than finishing off the MOTU and POP factions
    IMO, starting a whole new SoHM/Posternia era, that so far has remained purely conceptual, should definitely be a much lower priority than "finishing off" the main characters in the four already well-established "corners" of the MotUverse (HM&MotU/Eternia, SR-PoP/Etheria, PoG/Preternia, NA/Tri-Solar).* Especially since TG is apparently hijacking this new era to further his own particular version of the MotUverse chockful of "time agents", "time wars" and similar pulp fiction that has nothing to do with Lou Scheimer's original idea.

(*) Apart from those eras, there's a sixth possible one to be added, the "medieval" Minicomics/Midternia in-between "present" HM&MotU/Eternia and "prehistoric" PoG/Preternia, which might be distinguished by establishing Oo-Lar as a separate "He-Man" from Adam, so as to accomodate the differences in tone, etc., between the Early Minicomics canon and the Filmation/Later Minicomics one. Apart from Oo-Lar and the Green Goddess, some other characters in this era could include, for example, "Blonde Teela" (as a different character from the red-haired daughter of Teela-Na), her unicorn steed Charger, and maybe an unmoustached Man-at-Arms (as a different character from moustached Duncan). It could be retconned to take place during the reign of King Miro, when Skeletor made his first appearance, or (better) some centuries before that (with, say, Demo-Man and Red Beast as main foes).

Quote Originally Posted by Micro-Man View Post
    but personally, I think we only need three more figures to cover this era:

Dare/He-Ro: A basic Dare figure with He-Ro armor and alternate He-Ro head will do the job!
    Kay-La: She's like the new Teela of the series and deserves to be made!
    Queen Teela: Could be a sneaky opportunity to design her after the 200X Sorceress with an alternate 200X Sorceress head!

Combine those with a lot of existing figures and you can put together a decent SoHM display!
    Teela is supposed to take up her responsabilities as the next Sorceress of Castle Grayskull, a predestined role passed down on her by her mother Teela-Na. In my view, that's incompatible with the idea of her marrying King Adam (not "King He-Man") and becoming Queen Consort of Eternos.
    Last edited by uaxuctum; March 16, 2013 at 11:06pm. Reason: Typo
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    "Want" is too strong of a word for me in my desire to own a Dare figure. I guess I would say I wouldn't "mind" owning him. As long as his action figure looks cool or at least decent. But after the characters I want from the other eras are done.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    "Want" is too strong of a word for me in my desire to own a Dare figure. I guess I would say I wouldn't "mind" owning him. As long as his action figure looks cool or at least decent. But after the characters I want from the other eras are done.
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

Can I change my answer to No. LOL. I had put that I wouldn't mind him later in the line, but I'd rather just go with no.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

Well Scott has said that Dare will be made by the end of the line or as the last figure, so hopefully that's no time soon!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

yes yes and again yes. move this story into the future. love it. still have all the good old stuff but hungry for more.

at least dare to go with king he man. craven would be nice too. come in package as accessory ala zoar would be acceptible

Heroic Warrior Wundar_Grayskull's Avatar
    I vote yes, I definitely do want one.

I want one too, but hasn't TG said after this year we will not get anymore concept characters (esp after what ive read about the recent roast gooble podcast)? So, if he isn't released this year then we wont get him at all it looks like (which is a shame)

Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    So, if he isn't released this year then we wont get him at all it looks like (which is a shame)
    That would totally suck, but sadly, I could see it working out that way. The entire SOH era hasn't exactly been met with the warmest reception.
    Always Expect the Unexpected!