Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Shokoti Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Shokoti Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright gang, Shokoti is here!

Quick note: I'm about to head out of town for the weekend with limited internet access, so I won't be able to answer any additional questions until I'm back home Monday. Sorry in advance!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Can't wait to get home to watch this!!!
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Will you be posting the Castaspella review?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

She looks great!
    "Problems Weaver?"

She seems like a very nice figure.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

The darkling should have at least had a plug in for a flight stand, even though one isn't included. That part is a bit of a let down, but the figure itself is beautiful.

Here's hopping we see Plundor soon!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Damn....bring on more Filmation figures!

Filmation, Mini Comics, NA, 200X....alone could stretch MOTUC along, not to mention, how many Vintage & POP stragglers could be left after 2015 (if we get that year), also factor in new figures....damn shame the line has come to where it is....there are so many characters left.

2014 needs a Filmation sub....also a POP add on too would be nice. Offer a NA sub, and if that manages to go through....good for those that want it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    The darkling should have at least had a plug in for a flight stand, even though one isn't included. That part is a bit of a let down, but the figure itself is beautiful.

Here's hopping we see Plundor soon!
    If you had an extra Shokoti, and an extra TK Doomseeker stand, you could drill out the bottom of the extra Darkling and use the extra TK stand.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Awwwww yeah!!

Thanks for getting this up so quick!!!

I gotta say, i think i like her better without the cape...i may change my mind once she's in hand.

I do wish they would go back to the Cpt. Glenn short leotard...atleast its not as bad as Octavia's.

PD...im sad you've taken out the Filmation clip in the intro. That ding at the end was always one of my favorite parts of MOTU. I loved that you had that in there...it just made it so much more He-Man to me. But, they are your videos.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Thank you, Pixel Dan!! I was soo looking forward to this one! Shokoti may take my favorite figure of the year so far and I'm still very high off Octavia!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Thanks for the review. Love the close ups on the face/head.

The "skirt" is a disappointment. While it looks good on the figure, the proto non-skirted version looks better.

Enjoy your trip Dan & thanks for getting this out.

She looks great, always loved her. The Darkling is just fantastic. I wish we could see her fangs as they were one of my favorite parts of her design. I'm so ready!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    Enjoy your trip Dan & thanks for getting this out.

She looks great, always loved her. The Darkling is just fantastic. I wish we could see her fangs as they were one of my favorite parts of her design. I'm so ready!
    Oh yes, the fangs would have really been awesome!

I'm beyond excited for August. Seeing this review of Shokoti along with the photos you've posted on FB have totally over shadowed Clamp Champ and NA He-Man arriving in the mail today.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Thanks for getting this up so fast! I can't wait for her!

I'm not even that fussed about the "skirt" piece. After a second go at Octavia I have figured out how to shape it so it looks more leotard like.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Awwwww yeah!!

PD...im sad you've taken out the Filmation clip in the intro. That ding at the end was always one of my favorite parts of MOTU. I loved that you had that in there...it just made it so much more He-Man to me. But, they are your videos.
    Sorry! It's all about avoiding copyright infringement. I used to be able to get away with that stuff a while back, but these days I'm doing the best I can to use all original content or only use stuff I have permission for to avoid any issues. Even having that little Filmation ding could get me into trouble on YouTube.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

AWESOME! Man, she looks great! I do wish she would have gotten some sort of weapon or wand or something, but oh well. She looks so good that she can carry the package without anything to hold. Very much looking forward to this one!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Well, she's got a pancake posterior much like Teela and Evil-Lyn, but otherwise, she is a good looking figure overall.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Prefer the skirt,Wish she had fangs, but overall win. Glad August will be awesome!

Amazing figure. Man, August is going to be a great month. Love the Darkling pack-in. She'll be getting my Staff of Avion as her staff.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    great review. The darkling looks awesome. Have fun at sdcc Dan!!

Heroic Warrior
    Holy cow ! It seems that August 2013 will be the best female figure month since the beginning of this line ! Shokoti is a stunning figure ! And an evil one, at that !

And guess what ? SHE HAS A BOOT CUT !!! Incredible, but true ! Thumbs up for that !

I'll now have to get enough money to buy her AND Castaspella...

The only negative point I was able to find is that she has the old "holy" ankles, which explains the weaker ankle articulation point. Why can't Mattel just give the new ankle joint to their female figures !?

The darkling looks really cool too.

But I'll have to give Shokoti a weapon or a staff, because she definitely lacks an accessory. This gets me a little concerned about the Filmation figures...

All in all, Shokoti seems to be a pretty solid figure that will add some variety to our collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Sorry! It's all about avoiding copyright infringement. I used to be able to get away with that stuff a while back, but these days I'm doing the best I can to use all original content or only use stuff I have permission for to avoid any issues. Even having that little Filmation ding could get me into trouble on YouTube.
    God forbid you use something that you're not using to sell....I'm surprised they allow all the fan made music videos using the songs, and ones that show the album art.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Well, she's got a pancake posterior much like Teela and Evil-Lyn, but otherwise, she is a good looking figure overall.
    Why can't Mattel or the 4H...whoever, get the Female body right? The made new thighs for Frosta, who, has the only correct looking backside....the others still utilize the flat butt thighs and a simulated hump, which without Thighs like Frosta, might as well not even be there, plus they eliminated the boot cut. I'm surprised Shokoti has it, but the only reason she does is because of her boot style, it was just easier to keep it for her, otherwise it would have looked like ass.

Anyway, that will be a damn good month, She looks good, and for a character I could have lived without over my more wanted ones....I'll gladly take her since she is coming, and she reflects one of my childhood memories....as does EP Randor, Fang-Man, Icer, Batros....hell yeah, bring the Filmation!

I can safely say, that what these new Filmation figures represent is just as powerful at bringing back memories as the ones that actually had figures back when. Too bad they didn't have Vintage figures, but at least they do now.

Now, imagine what a G1 accurate cartoon version Masterpiece Ironhide and Ratchet will do for my nostalgia bug....I seriously hope Takara can get to those guys....but not before giving me Mirage & Hound....and maybe Jazz first. I can't wait for my 280Z brothers and Sideswipe I have PO'd....as well as seeing how cool Wheeljack will look.

Nostalgic and iconic versions all day!
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I have wanted Shokoti in figure form since the first airing of her classic TV appearance so August will be a very happy month. She turned out great and the Darkling is so cool.
    Meow,
    Princess Selina Desire

I think she looks amazing - near perfect - maybe a spell casting hand and a spell effect....oh, that's right - that got used up with Casta - either way, she turned out great. The Horsemen clearly like 'coloured' women
    He-Man & She-Ra Stop Motion Video - Princess Adora's New Internet Song - now online on Youtube